his fake boyfriend ➸ hyunin

By freckledlix

hyunjin clapped his hands, "anyways! eat up baby, then let's see if we can still catch mr. kang before he lea... More

introduction
one
two
three
four
five
six
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
epilogue + author's note
40.1
40.2
40.3
40.4
40.5
announcement

seven

8.5K 442 317
By freckledlix

for the past few days, yang jeongin found himself living the life he has always fanboyed about: being hwang hyunjin's boyfriend.

it came with perks too.

one day, jeongin found himself waking up and heard woojin screaming for him to go downstairs and found hyunjin at their kitchen finishing cooking a breakfast for the two of them.

hyunjin was full smiles as he saw the shock from jeongin's face, completely erasing the sleepy and groggy face he had earlier.

after that, hyunjin told him to go shower and dress up. jeongin came out of the shower and saw a shirt he had no knowledge that he owned laying perfectly on his bed. after changing hyunjin told him the shirt was his and wanted the younger to wear it.

that weekend was filled with happiness. they went to see avenger's infinity war and had a debate on whether it was all peter quill's fault that thanos succeeded with his plan or not, got to know each other more and jeongin could fully say that hyunjin was everything he imagined he would be.

it felt like a dream, everything was so surreal. everything was perfect and if he was dreaming, he didn't want to wake up and leave this utopia of his.

it was like a puzzle finally putting themselves together after a long time and the last puzzle piece, being hyunjin, finally showed up and now he felt complete.

hyunjin made him feel complete.

time passed by quickly that weekend but they didn't care. they had eachother's company and it was more than enough for them.

monday came and hyunjin was sat in a small yet home-y living room as he patiently waited for jeongin. with him was the boy's guardian, kim woojin.

kim woojin, had black hair, eyes, and a nose. that's it. but he was supposedly jeongin's mother figure.

mom.

weird, jeongin never brought up his parents. it drove hyunjin's curiosity as his brain tried to come up for an explantion why the topic had never been brought up.

he wanted to ask but he didn't want to overstep any boundaries- he was jeongin's customer before they became friends(?) and if he didn't want to talk about it then he should respect that.

"you seem a bit out of it, everything good?" woojin asked, noticing the expression on hyunjin's face.

it wasn't really hard to miss really. the boy's face was a canvass of a wide range of emotions, everything and anything he felt was displayed on his face for the world to see no matter how hard he tried to hide it.

"ah, d-don't worry hyung, i'm fine." hyunjin stuttered as he scratched the back of his neck in embarassment.

woojin laughed softly, "no need to hide stuff from me bun, what's on your mind?"

"oh, uhm. i was wondering how innie ended up here." hyunjin mumbled out, a bit in shame as he felt he was intruding in their life.

"ahh, well, it isn't really my story to tell honestly. but if you want to know, you can ask jeongin." woojin replied as hyunjin nodded his head.

"is it bad?"

"well, let's just say it's personal."

"what's personal?"

hyunjin jumped slightly when he heard jeongin's voice.

there he was.

doe-eyed, dressed in his school uniform looking drop dead gorgeous as his bangs dropping to his forehead with his head tilted as he waited for an answer from the two.

"oh nothing don't worry." hyunjin laughed as he tried to play it off as he stood up from his chair.

"we should go, we might be late." the older boy told him.

jeongin blinked but nodded. they waved a goodbye to woojin as they both made their way out of the apartment.

as they got into the car, jeongin broke the silence and asked again, "hyung? what were you talking about?"

ah shit, he heard.

like a deer caught in the headlights, the older boy's eyes widened as he stared at him in panic.

jeongin's eyes didn't show any negative emotion, just genuine curiousity and anticipation.

'don't say anything dumb hwang.' he told himself as he took a deep breath before he answered.

"uhm, we were talking about global warming." hyunjin blurted out which caused the younger to snort.

"jinjin hyung, you suck at lying."

"i- i'm not lying? i-it's a very serious matter."

"i heard everything."

and with that hyunjin wanted to do nothing more but hit his head on the steering wheel until he passed out and avoid this conversation.

'great, now he probably thinks i work for dispatch or koreaboo for being such a gossip.' hyunjin thought to himself.

he sighed, well, it was now or never and since the boy already brought it up, he might as well just get on with it.

"i'm sorry, i was meaning to ask you but i was scared how you might react." hyunjin sighed, jeongin smiled softly before leaning over and awkwardly giving hyunjin a sidehug, making him feel that it was okay.

"i-it's okay hyung, really. i can't blame you for asking." jeongin reassured him.

jeongin took a deep breath and debated on whether he was ready to pour his heart out to the older, was he ready to tell his crush about the darkest days of his life?

the moments when everything felt like it was going nowhere and that nothing was making sense anymore?

it felt scary to strip down without showing skin. it made him feel more vulnerable and exposed. he really didn't like to show weakness or that he needed to depend on someone.

he wanted to show he was strong and wasn't someone you'd have to keep a constant watch over and worry about.

he glanced back to hyunjin, who was staring at him with his soft brown eyes, the sun's rays were illuminating them, making them look like pools of honey. jeongin found himself at a loss for words.

hyunjin had proven that he was sweet and totally boyfriend like, in a few days he had won jeongin's heart again and even if he was the one who had availed of jeongin's services it felt like the other way around.

he was nice, patient, and kind.

his eyes and presence felt like home. that he could tell the boy almost everything and not regret it regardless of their weird set-up as fake boyfriends.

there was something about him that was genuine and jeongin knew he had to talk about this with someone.

he didn't notice that hyunjin had stopped the car already. they were parked on a street which was quiet and was away from all the fuss and traffic.

it was just them and now seemed like an appropriate time to tell him.

"innie, you don't have to tell me if you're not comfortable about it. i understand." hyunjin said, placing his hand on jeongin's shoulder as if sensing the uncertainty in the younger's mind.

jeongin shooked his head, "n-no hyung it's just i-"

"hey, take it easy okay love? you don't have to rush and tell me."

"i think i'm ready to tell you." jeongin let out, catching the older off guard.

if the younger did have to face his demons, it might as well be with someone he knew he could rely on.

he already told this to the boys. all seven of them were sworn to secrecy not to tell anyone and they haven't broken their promise.

they told jeongin that they'd protect him and be his knights.

he bit his lip as he stared at hyunjin again, who was waiting for him with a reassuring smile and gentle eyes.

surely it didn't hurt to have another knight right?

-

edit: ive been wanting to do this for a while now since the sudden dark shit abt the yang family was too random and didn't make sense since there was no follow up so i decided to change it. i'm sorry for the confusion!

the events in the story will remain the same and these remakes won't affect the story!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.9K 3.4K 71
I know that I'm a side character in his story.. He's friends with everyone and a literal sunshine He's a social butterfly & everyone likes him He'...
365K 21.3K 20
in which hwang hyunjin slowly takes interest in top student kim seungmin after he spills ice tea on him. [this is literally a fetus story, cringe war...
35.2K 537 24
Yn is currently running to her university because she's kinda late, she didn't took breakfast so she decided to take something from the café and eat...
599K 34.1K 74
BLACK LIVES MATTER ~#~#~#~#~#~ ℙ𝔸ℝ𝕋 𝕆𝔽 𝕋ℍ𝔼 ℂ𝕃𝕀ℂℍÉ 𝕊𝔼ℝ𝕀𝔼𝕊 ~#~#~#~#~#~ ℍ𝕖 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕪 𝕛𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝕨𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕥𝕖𝕝𝕝...