Living With Agreste

By Savaboo

At 16 years old, Marinette prepares for the chance of a lifetime. Internships, closer to defeating Hawkmoth... More

Chapter 1- A Place To Stay
Chapter 2- Options
Chapter 3- Ask Agreste
Chapter 4- The Answer
Chapter 5- Nervous
Chapter 6- Feelings
Chapter 7- Blushing
Chapter 8- Waiting
Chapter 9- The Meeting
Chapter 10- The Next Day
Chapter 11- Rumors
Chapter 12- Lies
Chapter 13- Time To Move
Chapter 14- Settle In
Chapter 15- First Gig
Chapter 16- Faces Of The Company
Chapter 17- The Wrong Bikini
Chapter 18- Apologies
Chapter 19- The Tear
Chapter 20- A New Model
Chapter 21- Empathie
Chapter 22- Freezing
Chapter 23- Trapped Together
Chapter 24- Vines
Chapter 25- Illusion
Chapter 26- Loneliness
Chapter 27- Alone With Agreste
Chapter 28- Back To School
Chapter 29- Worse
Chapter 30- The Three Witches
Chapter 31- Is She Really Sorry?
Chapter 32- Hands Off
Chapter 34- Emotions
Chapter 35- Date
Chapter 36- Costume Shopping
Chapter 37- Pity Party [Part 1]
Chapter 38- Pity Party [Part 2]
Chapter 39- Blurry Memories [Part 1]
Chapter 40- Blurry Memories (Part 2)
Chapter 41- The Truth
Chapter 42- Solo
Chapter 43- Hidden Feelings
Chapter 44- Sympathy
Chapter 45- Please
Chapter 46- The End
Addressing Feedback

Chapter 33- Back

33.6K 833 4.9K
By Savaboo

"Thanks." Marinette blushed as Adrien opened the door for her. Nathalie was busy talking to a police officer standing by the gate.

"I do not want to see any paparazzi here." She said sternly. Marinette ducker her head quickly, staring at the ground. It felt like it was her fault the Agrestes had to take such drastic measures. After today, who knows what would happen? What if Gabriel decided she wasn't worth the problems she was causing and told her she couldn't stay in his home anymore?

But that wouldn't happen, right? She may not like how he treats his son, but she knew that for the most part he was a man of his word.

"Welcome home, M. Adrien and Mlle. Marinette." Aria greeted them at the doorway but was surprised to see the bluenette slink past her, face hidden.

"Your hair-" She frowned when she noticed the braid was no longer in but hid the disappointment in her eyes with a compliment.

"Your hair looks nice down, Marinette."

The girl turned around and made the briefest eye contact with Aria.

"Thank you."

Walking to the staircase, clutching her bag in her hands, she felt Adrien's presence close behind her. It reminded her of how close he was when she'd fallen in the shower earlier that week. They agreed to forget it, but every so often when they're together in his house, the embarrassing memory would pop up in her head. Marinette twitched when she saw Adrien's hand grab onto the handrail behind hers. It was noticeable, and Aria seemed to tense out of the corner of her eye.

"I'm sorry," Marinette stated, before rushing up the stairs.

"W-Wait! Mlle. Marinette!" The maid pulled up the bottom of her apron and prepared to rush up the stairs, but remembered her place. Her place as the maid.

"Marinette?" Adrien called, his cheeks turning red.

Why did she do that?

But he didn't know that it hurt her just as much as it hurt him when she pulled herself away. She couldn't stand to be around him and risk his reputation.

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

Rushing into the room she was staying in, Marinette pulled down her dress right away, desperate to get out of the clothes she was wearing. Pulling on her normal outfit, the pink jeans, and floral t-shirt, she took a moment to look at herself in the mirror. Not having the effort to put her hair in it's normal pigtails, she grabbed purse off the bed and made her way to the door.

Time to get Tikki back.

Swinging the door open, she almost collided right into Aria, who's arm was raised as if she was about to knock.

"Oh! Mlle. Marinette, I-I'm sorry to d-disturb you."

Marinette blinked. "It's fine, I was just... leaving."

"But dinner is early today-"

"In sorry, I have to go," Marinette murmured, slipping past the frazzled woman.

"M-Marinette! Wait!" The woman crossed her normal boundaries and grabbed onto Marinette's arm, pulling her hand back immediately.

"I'm sorry! I-"

"It's okay, Aria. What is it? You've got my attention."

The woman dusted invisible dust off her ruffles and let out a steady sigh. "I'm sorry, for touching you, that was totally-"

"No don't worry, it's fine." The younger girl smiled, though it was clearly weary and tainted with sadness.

"I just wanted to check on you. Why... I mean, are you alright?"

Marinette swallowed. "A lot is going on. And I promise that when I get back in a little while, that I'll be willing to speak to you about it." With a smile, the girl made her way to the top of the stairs.

"So, don't go home yet okay?"

Aria watched as the teen rushed down the stairs and slammed the front door shut. Adrien approached her from behind, startling the distracted woman.

"Where is Marinette going?" He asked, concerned. Aria shrugged.

"I'm not sure, M. Adrien. It seems she has something important to do."

The blonde boy stared after her, thinking of what he should do. He needed to leave anyway, and convincing Nathalie wouldn't be easy. He didn't want to use Marinette as an excuse, but...

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

Staring in front of him with a glum look, Adrien sighed. Convincing Nathalie was harder then he thought it would be, and he couldn't transform into Chat Noir, so Gorilla was his only option. The man pulled the car around to the front and waited for the boy to climb inside. He decided not to follow Marinette after all. He had his own thing to do, and it was obvious the girl wanted to be alone.

But...is she okay?

Nothing but negative thoughts popped into the boy's brain as he opened the door. The stern man in the driver's seat didn't speak. Adrien pulled the seatbelt on and looked forward, preparing to give his bodyguard directions.

What street was that place even on?

Trying to remember what Master Fu's house looked like, Adrien painfully searched in the back of his mind, from the very start of when he picked Marinette up. He remembered how cold her body was and how it made him shiver. Ice seemed to appear everywhere they looked, all because of Marnette cold, fragile figure. So much ice... The way bystanders stared at them as they ran and how Wayzz snuck him in around the back of-

Ice.

Where there's ice...there's-

Adrien stopped.

"Sir, please take me to the Seine river."

Water.

The man nodded his head and grunted before starting up the engine and pulling away from the house. Wherever Marinette was, Adrien hoped she was okay.

Driving through the streets, Adrien wondered if when Lila came back if there would be any more problems. Surely, she wouldn't feed into the rumors? He knew Marinette was always cautious of her, but, he believed she wasn't as suspicious as the bluenette claimed. Hopefully, what happened today at school, him grabbing her and pulling her away from Luka-

Oh, god... I was so possessive of her.

How? Why? Why did he do that? He still couldn't believe what happened. It's almost like he could feel cat ears growing from his head. He was acting just like Chat Noir!

He always said she was a close friend of his, but... but maybe what Nino had said earlier was right. Maybe there was more to their relationship than just friendly comfort.

No, of course not! Of course not-

But at this rate, he couldn't even convince himself that it was true, much less that it wasn't.

The car came to a slow as the river appeared to the right. "Here is fine-" Adrien shook his hands to get his bodyguard to pull over. It was better for him to remain out of the clear when approaching Master Fu's massage shop. Gorilla put the car in park and waited for more directions. The man didn't speak as he made eye contact with Adrien through the rearview mirror.

"J-Just... meet me down the street a little further. I want to walk along the river." The boy lied.

Climbing out of the backseat, Adrien made his way down to the side of the river, trying to retrace his steps. But the memory of coming here with Marinette was very hazy, he wasn't even sure which way it was along the river. But the more he walked, the more he thought he could feel Marinette in his arms.

His heart raced with the feeling of holding her. What the hell was going on with him? He couldn't shake her from his mind. This... Was getting ridiculous... he couldn't possibly-

"I promise I'll call you tonight." The familiar voice made him tense, and he felt his breath hitch in his throat. The view of the dark hair clouded his vision. She was standing a few feet away, by the river.

"Yes, Alya, I'm okay. I just need to get some things sorted out."

Adrien watched as Marinette hung up the phone and turned around.

Her face lit up bright red and she almost backed up into the river.

"A-ADRIE-"

"Marinette!" Hopping forward with his cat-like senses, Adrien was getting more like Chat Noir by the day. He wrapped his hand around Marinette's and pulled her forward into his chest.

"You almost- fell into the river..." He seemed to make up an excuse for grabbing onto her since she felt tense and seemed confused.

"I-It's o-okay..."

I'm so fucking clumsy. Oh my god.

Adrien had to push her away quickly since his heart fluttered and took him by surprise. He was afraid he was going to faint just standing there. Why did he and Marinette always touch each other?

He blushed with that thought.

Don't think it like that-

Marinette interrupted his thoughts. "I'm... What are you... here? Doing here?"

Adrien stuttered, "U-Uh, taking a walk... w-what about you?"

He couldn't tell her about Master Fu, nor could he say that he was looking for her. He didn't want her to think he was being clingy or something. He didn't want to be like Chloe and stick to her all the time as she did to him.

"M-Me too. Just needed to clear my head."

It was quiet for a second as Adrien took a step back.

"How did you get out?"

True. How the hell did he get out? He was never allowed to leave like he just did after school, but for some reason, telling Nathalie that he wanted to go after Marinette, made her agree relatively fast.

"I guess Nathalie was fine with it. Father's still working."

Makes sense.

"Oh...I Guess that makes sense."

"Yeah, well... I'm going to go. I'll m-meet you at the house."

"Sure."

"Okay, bye, Marinette."

With a wave, they both turned in the direction they were walking.

But ended up walking next to each other.

Well, shit.

"Um... Are you going this way too?" Marinette asked, confused. Her heart was bound to beat out of her chest if she stayed close to him any longer. She had to remember the risk-

"Oh, well... I'm not. See you!" Marinette rushed in the opposite direction before her crush could answer.

What am I doing?

But the tears felt as if they were going to come. She was afraid. Afraid of having to avoid him.

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

Marinette sat next to the right bank of the Seine, tossing a few leaves that had found their way near her into the river. It was harder then she thought. It made her stutter more. She was just getting used to dealing with her crush too! But now... Now that she felt like a burden, it was hard again. It was getting late every second she sat there. Going to Fu's was her mission, but she kept getting held back. She just wanted Tikki! Her miraculous! She wanted it back!

The risk of being akumatized was still as high as ever. She needed her miraculous...now!

Standing up with gathered up gravery, Marinette stormed along the river, making her way to the stairs leading to the street in which Master Fu's massage shop was located. The building still looked the same and the sign read open. All she had to do was walk in there and ask about Tikki. Was she okay? She didn't know what had happened to her kwami and it ate her inside.

The door jingled when she opened it, and walking in to see nobody around Marinette let out a yell.

"Mas- I mean, Mr. Chan!" She said. With no response, she walked over to the counter and leaned on it to try and calm her racing heart. She felt as if she was going to have a heart attack at the ripe old age of 16.

"Marinette?" Master Fu stood in the doorway staring up at her with wide eyes, holding a cup of tear in his hand.

"Mast-"

"Marinette's here?" Adrien came up behind Master Fu and stared at her with a dumbfounded look. Did she follow him? Did she-

As the two teenagers stared at each other obviously, Master Fu lifted his hand up and pinched his temples.

"Oh, that's funny... we came to the same place!" He laughed awkwardly, sweat gathering at his hairline. Marinette stumbled for words too.

"Y-Yeah! Uh... Why... Why are you here?"

She was... very... confused.

Thankfully, Master Fu came to both of their rescues. "Sorry, Marinette, I totally forgot about our appointment!"

Placing the tea on the counter and pushing the beads that blocked the doorway, he walked over to the counter and pulled out a book.

"You're here for the massage, correct?"

Marinette blinked. "Um... Yes?"

"Good, we need to make sure those muscles heal after your case of hypothermia."

Phew.

"Right! Thank you, Mast- Mr. Chan..." She whispered. He shot her a wink before turning to her partner in crime.

"I... I came here to get something." Adrien blurted and Master Fu laughed.

"Are you and Marinette shy or... is it young love?"

Both blushed and waved their hands frantically. "No! We're- We're just friends!"

The old man chuckled and reached behind the desk for a brown sack with a white sticky note taped too it.

"Thanks for having Tea with me, Adrien Agreste. But since I have an appointment, here is your pickup now."

The sack was handed to the blonde boy, who gave the man a look of thanks.

"Thank you, Mr. Chan." Remembering what Marinette had called him, the boy gave the elder a million dollar smile and made his way to the door.

The only thing he lacked now, was his ring.

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

The whole way back to the house, Adrien stared at the sack, reluctant to open it. His hand felt bare without his silver ring and he could no longer feel Plagg's presence. Master Fu had promised to figure out how to unfreeze his miraculous, but until then, the boy was powerless. Just like he was 4 years ago.

It felt different, even though the last week he was unable to transform. Why was it that everything seemed to be going downhill? For his entire household, that is. Him and Marinette both. It was like bad luck was all around them. Well, black cats are considered unlucky, and without Ladybug to counteract it, he felt bogged down.

The boy hadn't been able to eat that night. He was still waiting for Marinette to get home. It was dark out but she still hadn't come back. His mind automatically jumped to thinking it was because there was something wrong, but rationally he knew she was probably just visiting Alya. Maybe everything would get better as he wanted. But why was there this feeling in the back of his mind he couldn't shake? The feeling of guilt? Concern? And what about the feeling of... jealousy...that he felt when he saw Marinette with Luka earlier.

Luka. The boy had put his hands on Marinette. It wasn't necessarily inappropriate, but still...she said no and he wouldn't let her go. Every time either of them was in trouble, they came to each other's rescue. It was like they were connected.

Linked, somehow.

When the door opened, Adrien half expected it to be Marinette, but it wasn't. Instead, Aria stood there in her change of clothes. She was still waiting. Just like him.

Where was she?

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

"Adrien."

The voice...

"Adrien. Wake up."

Opening his eyes, the boy came face to face with a blonde woman. With green eyes. So familiar, so clear to him. He thought it was a dream. Was it a dream? Was it just a mirage? Or was that his mother that stood before him? Her kindness, he could feel it. It was like she was there! Was it her? It was her!

It was not her.

"Adrien. Adrien!"

The boy's eyes shot open for real this time, and he found himself lying his head on the dining table, his plate of food cold beside him.

"W-Were you waiting for Marinette?" Aria asked from behind him. But then who was-

"Why did he wake up for you, and not me?" The brunette pouted, but gave Marinette a good natured grin a moment later.

Marinette stared into Adrien's green eyes, her own searching his. It was almost like she was trying to pinpoint his emotions. Their faces, so close... If he could just...

"Well, he's up now," Marinette stated, turning around and taking a deep breath.

Why-

"I'm going to bed."

"Marinette-" Adrien said. She stopped for a second but continued to walk. He stood up and pushed the chair away from him, slipping in his socks to reach Marinette before she headed up the stairs.

"Marinette!"

He felt as if it was the hundredth time in a week that he'd called her name.

"Stop- Why are you avoiding me?"

Marinette's eyes clouded with tears.

I'm doing it for you.

But she couldn't say that. Just keep walking-

But the warmth she felt wrapped around her body made her melt in place. He'd laid his head on her shoulder and pulled Marinette flat against him. It was the opposite of earlier that day. Instead of her behind him, he was behind her. Begging her to speak to him.

It hurt so bad, and Marinette couldn't help but fall forward against the stairs, into his touch. Adrien leaned down with her as she wrapped her arms around his that was around her neck. The smell of his cologne. Of his clothes. It was all too calming and familiar to her. How was she supposed to go through with this?

"Marinette, please...don't push me away."

The bluenette bit her lip, sniffling. Adrien gently turned her around, and embraced her, holding her close to him as the tears came.

She didn't speak.

She didn't have to.

Her actions spoke for her.

Even if she was trying to avoid him...

It never meant she'd stop loving him.

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

Aria stared at Marinette from the desk chair she sat on. Marinette sat on her bed staring at the ground, with wide eyes and a flushed face.

"I... I'm sorry I stood there watching your moment-"

"Don't..." Marinette held up a finger, "Still processing."

The woman bit her lip. "You know..."

"Adrien Agreste does really care for you, Mlle. Marinette."

Even though she wasn't in her maid outfit, nor still on the job, the woman kept up her appearance and reputation by being polite.

"You should think about telling him how you feel."

Marinette's head flipped up. "How did you know?"

Aria's eyes flashed for a split second as a mischevious grin took over her face, beaming at the bewildered girl.

"I just do."

Aria stood up and walked to the door. "Thank you for talking to me a bit about what's going on. I'll be happy to help support you while you're here."

"Thanks, Aria."

"Don't thank me."

Marinette tensed.

"Thank me by being honest with yourself, okay?"

With a small smile, the woman exited with her things and Marinette could hear her walking away. The girl flushed red and fell into her bed, squealing.

"This can't be happening..."

Marinette could hear rustling from under her bed and she bit her lip, swinging her upper body down to look at her newly retrieved friend.

"I can't hide cookies under there anymore. Nathalie confiscated them."

Tikki giggled. "I guess you have a lot to catch me up on then, huh?"

Marinette smiler softly. "I'm so glad you're back-" She felt her heart flutter.

"A lot has happened. We really need to talk."

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

A/N: Hey boo! I guess this chapter could be considered short, but... it's that big of a deal. Tikki's back! And... the picture I have attached to this chapter is what I imagined the hug at the end to be like, but of course, he hugged her from behind first. That hug was really important for their relationship! So keep it in your mind, okay? By the way, this chapter had A LOT of secrets and hidden meanings. Just a hint! Finally, this chapter will be the last one for a few days because I'm working on my new book coming soon: Mark Of The Eye! Can't wait for you guys to read it! And my first Nightcore edit is coming to my youtube channel soon! I will announce! Keep your eyes and ears open!

Song Choice: Love Lies By Khalid And Normani
Where does Adrien's love lie?

Word Count: 3435

Bug Out!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.1K 732 20
SO OLD, SO CRINGE I BEG OF YOU DON'T READ THIS I WAS LITERALLY 12 WHEN WRITING THIS GUYS ITS NOT GOOD YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED On everyone's 17th birthda...
12.3K 225 21
Adrien and Marinette have been friends since they were little kids. He has always had a crush on her but she never took him seriously. When Adrien mo...
1.7K 120 25
*MIRACULOUS LADYBUG FAN FICTION* this is set when everyone is a bit older, and they have defeated Hawkmoth. 2 seventeen year old's who struggle to c...
7.9K 618 42
"You have to promise. Promise to stop by, promise to help me come back, promise not to give up like I did. Promise me Chaton." Marinette has been th...