Togetherness

By writerscrafts

EDITING [I marched up to him, "Where the hell were you? I thought something happened to you. Did you not care... More

Intro
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
Epilogue
End note
Announcement

Nineteen

49.9K 1.3K 202
By writerscrafts

Today's the day.

I woke up to Loki's furry face directly above mine, with a line of drool from his hanging tongue slowly lowering closer to my face.

I sat up quickly, scrambling backwards, to which Loki interpreted as a cue to lick my face.

Great. Instead of one line of drool, I got a shit ton of slobber. Sighing, I put on a smile, cooing at him and scratching his head. He let out a couple happy barks, before retreating and climbing down from the bed, trotting out the door.

I wiped my face with the sleeve of my shirt, moving to get off the bed and walked into the washroom. My hair was a nest. I'll just grab the comb with me, I thought. That way I could get ready and eat while brushing through my hair.

I washed up, changed— into slightly better clothes because first day of Law school— and made my way out of the room, comb in hand.

All three guys were present in the kitchen, none of them dressed to the occasion. Grey was wearing a wife beater and boxers, Adonis was wearing pajama pants, and Bane was wearing  sweats and a dark t-shirt.

Okay so I can't judge them, even though they're not ready, because my "slightly better" attire were my black sports tights— pocketed on the sides to fit in my phone and pencil— with a loose sweater and white running shoes.

I slumped down on the counter next to Bane, waiting for Ado to pass me a plate of eggs and bacon. While waiting, I began running the comb through my hair, barely succeeding.

After several "ow's" from me, the comb was snatched out of my hand, followed by a husky grumble.

Bane pulled the back of my stool closer to his front— enough so that I could feel the heat emanating off his body.

I turned my head towards him, eyes narrowing, "What are you doing?"

"Combing your hair, since you can't seem to do it."

"Hey! Don't doubt her skills— I don't doubt your skills Lu." Grey intervened.

Adonis laughs, "Oh please, you don't doubt her skills because you haven't met her hair— or should I say: the nest."

"Fuck off Ado." I grumbled in reply to him.

Asshole, my hair isn't that problematic. I sighed— doing a lot of that recently— and reluctantly allowed Bane to comb through my hair.

He was heavily focussed, keeping one warm hand splayed across my neck and jaw, holding it in place as he untangled the hairs.

I had started eating the eggs and bacon, and then noticed he was occupied with my hair so he wouldn't be able to eat himself.

Considering we had the same lecture in the morning— Bane, Adonis, and I— I figured I'd feed him food while he combed my hair.

I forked a piece of bacon egg and toast, reaching my arm back, hoping my aim was accurate, and pushed forward the readied bite of food.

His mouth enveloped the fork on the first try— success!

This continued for the following fifteen minutes, after which Bane stood back satisfied, admiring my now neat hair.

I turned to give him a smile of appreciation, then gestured between the clock and him and Ado.

"You both should go get ready, we have a 9:30 lecture, and—" I looked at my phone "It's 9:02."

That seemed to hurry the boys, while Grey and I remained in the kitchen. Grey started babbling about Mag and some argument they had over how to correctly pronounce "egg" without an accent— and that's when I tuned him out, my replies ranging between pre meditated head nods and hums of understanding.

I love Grey, really truly, but egg— come on.

As Bane and Ado came back to where we were seated, I all but leaped from my stool.

"Ready? Who's driving?" I questioned.

Bane looked amused, "Lure, grab your bag first."

Adonis added on, "Yeah go get it, it's 9:15. Do you guys just wanna go in my car?"

I shrugged indifferently, "You guys decide amongst yourselves!" I called out behind me while jogging to my room to grab my bag.

As I came back, Bane had decided to drive, having labeled Adonis a grandma, claiming we'd never get there in time.

We got in Bane's car, I called shotgun so that's where I sat, while Ado mumbled a variety of curses from the backseat like a petulant child.

Bane got us there in a record 4 minutes— keeping in mind signals and Toronto morning traffic, as well as the student parking— or lack there of.

The three of us made our way through campus together, Ado and Bane flanked on either side of me. I observed the student lot, taking notice of the activity and people.

I felt like it was high school and university in one— The minority of spoiled rich kids who got in because their Daddy paid. The majority kids who had money and worked hard. Then the second minority of extremely hard working scholarship kids. You could tell them apart as well, which was unnerving.

Bane, Ado and I shared amused and perplexed glances from time to time as we walked, mostly in silence. I chose to break the silence two minutes into our walk, enlightening both guys about the history of the Law school and the campus, the variety of programs and focusses, and the professors.

Adonis always complained that wikipedia was a knock off version of me.

As we approached the building on our time tables, I quit my history lesson, walking into our scheduled room, followed by Bane and Ado.

There were a lot of students already seated, though no professor at the front yet.

"Moscow! Get over here man!" A deep voice called out.

I turned to Ado to gauge his reaction, looking to analyze his relation to the yeller. By the smile that lit up his face, and the recognition that passed through his eyes, I figured they knew each other beforehand— my guess? University or the gym.

Ado called back to him, something about a minute, then turned to Bane and I.

"Do you guys mind if we sit next to him and a couple others, I know them through University, harmless bunch."

I glanced at Bane in confirmation, who nodded along, and Ado grinned.

We followed him through the rows of situated seats, plopping down in the three spots free between the guy who called out to Ado, and another muscular guy on his phone.

Bane nudged me, bringing me back into reality, "Huh?"

"Lure, I said this is Jonah, he went to university with Grey and I." Ado clarified.

"Oh right, the yeller— Hey I'm Alura, Donny's twin sister, if you hadn't figured that out yourself."

The guy laughed good natured, "Figure it out? This man won't shut up about you. You're quite the something alright, and if you're living with Grey and Moscow—now O'Neill too, well..." He paused "Kudos to you".

He smiled playfully, extending a hand, "Very nice to meet you, Moscow number two."

I chuckled, settling back in my seat, just as the professor walked in.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.4K 2.4K 78
When college student Brandy Bright's charming, but toxic best friend, Benji, asks her to move in with him, she has to decide if making a move on her...
405K 10.5K 57
"Her troubled eyes held fire. The kind of fire that was capable of burning me to ash." ***** I grabbed her chin with my free hand, making her look at...
2M 48K 74
'"Can you spread your legs a little farther for me, baby?" he asks me, his voice a low whisper. I nod, doing exactly as I'm told, and he bites down o...
316K 5.6K 43
She was an ordinary girl in high school. On her last day at school, Alison tells her crush that she likes him. Soon after she moves to Canada and ret...