Once Upon an Alien

By lizzy_the_alien

New edited version out now!!! I highly recommend reading that one instead, as this was the very first rough w... More

One- The Hike pt. 1
Two- The Hike pt. 2
Three- Dark Caves
Four- Scouting
Five- A Warning
Six- Split
Seven- New Allies
Eight- Keep Moving
Nine- An Idea
Ten- Monsters
Eleven- Lost and Found
Twelve- Run
Thirteen- Hiding
Fourteen- Stay Away
Fifteen- Someone New
Sixteen- Confrontation
Seventeen- It's Time
Eighteen- Success
Nineteen- Space Travel
Twenty- Relaxing in Space
Twenty One- New World
Twenty Two- In Laws
Twenty Three- Lost
Twenty Four- New Room
Twenty Five- Shopping
Twenty Six- The Meeting
Twenty Seven- The Ball
Twenty Eight- Disconnected
Twenty Nine- Lycans
Thirty- New Mates
Thirty Two- Explanations
Thirty Three- Innocence
Thirty Four- Fiery Mate
Thirty Five- Reunion
Thirty Six- Return to the Castle
Thirty Seven- Remember Earth
Thirty Eight- Game Plan
Thirty Nine- Visiting
Forty- Names
Forty One- The Great Meeting
Forty Two- A Child of the Stars
Forty Three- A Hard Goodbye
Forty Four- Time on Ship
Forty Five- Return to Earth
Forty Six- Training
Forty Seven- Sister
Forty Eight- Prepare For Battle
Forty Nine- Battle
Fifty- Aftermath
Fifty One- Epilogue
Sequel
Rewrite?
New Release!!!

Thirty One- Intruder

1.8K 114 13
By lizzy_the_alien

Being with the lycans has been an amazing adventure. We have been with them for a couple weeks now. They're so different and in tune to nature that I have a hard time even believing they exist some times. Some days I think I'm in a literal dream and I'll wake up on Earth in my bedroom with all my family and friends.

Zor and his mate Mia have been getting along well. He's been staying at her house while Thane and I have remained in the house we were given. It really has become quite the home for us.

As I stand by the bedroom window and look out, I see couples of all walks of life everywhere. They're all so happy. From what I heard, mates will do anything for their counterpart and will be loyal beyond death.

It leads me to question what went wrong with my own supposed mate. Could it have been because I was human? Why would he break our bond knowing I was carrying his child? It made no sense to me.

A couple light knocks on my bedroom door tore me from my thoughts and unanswered questions.

"Come in," I said slightly loud so the person on the other side of the door would clearly hear me. The door creaked slightly and Thane's face popped around the door.

"Hey, Little One," he said as he walked into the room and sat on my bed. I walked over and sat next to him, flinging my legs up onto the bed and sitting cross legged.

"What's up?" I asked with a small smile, trying to hide any signs of my previous thoughts.

"Just checking to see how you were. We haven't really had much time to deep talk about everything yet. I figured now was a good time," he said with a warm smile.

"Oh... Okay. Well what do you wanna talk about specifically?" I ask.

"You know... Just about everything really. Xenophon. Running away. Where we are. Us maybe,"

"Ask away I guess," I say with a shrug.

"How do you feel about Xenophon as of now?"

"I don't know how to feel. He betrayed me. He broke our connection or whatever you call it. Honestly I feel neutral in my heart because the connection was broken but I still have feelings for him, you know? All I know is that I want to be wherever my baby and I will be safe and for now that is here," I say looking down to my hands as I fiddle with my thumbs.

"How long to you want to stay here? You only have a few months until you have your baby,"

"I'm not sure. I really like everyone here. I like everything here honestly. I feel like no matter what they'll be there for us and take care of us. Not to mention Zor has his mate here. It's become my new home as far as I'm concerned,"

"He will find you eventually. Even if you're not connected any more he will track either Zor, myself or your child down. We share blood, and he can find us that way,"

"He left me as far as I'm concerned now. My main priority is keeping my child safe and happy and healthy," I said as I looked up with a fire in my eyes. My child was my world now. I would tear heads off to keep him or her safe.

"Hey, can you tell if I'm having a boy or girl yet?" I ask with a small twinkle in my eye.

"I don't think I can, but I know Zor will be able to," he said with a shrug.

"Well then let's go!" I say jumping off the bed. I hear Thane chuckle as I run out of the room and his heavier steps fallowing me. I wait at the front door until Thane is next to me and I whip it open and we make our way to Mia's place.

We walk up to the house that looks similar to the one given to us and I hurriedly knock on the door multiple times. A moment later light footsteps that must belong to Mia approach the door and her smiling face opens it.

"Hey Morgan! Hi Thane! What are you guys up to?" she says in a chipper voice.

"I came to see if Zor could tell the sex of the baby," I say with a big smile which only makes her's grow.

"Well come in! I'll go get him! Make yourselves at home!" she says before scampering off to another part of the house as we make our way inside. We stand in the living room area for only a matter of thirty seconds before Mia returns with Zor in toe.

"Hey guys, I hear you need my assistance," Zor says with a smile. He is absolutely glowing. Mia must really have changed him because I've never seen him so happy. He looks like a man who's on top of the moon. Zor walks over and hugs me and shakes Thane's hand before stepping back and placing a hand on Mia's lower back, as Thane has his around my shoulder.

"Do you think you can tell us what the baby is?"

"I can try. Take a seat," he says with a smile and gesturing towards their couch. I follow his order and sit on the squishy green colored couch. He sits next to me while Mia sits near us on the matching green footrest. Thane stands nearby with his arm crossed and his eyes completely focused on Zor and I.

Zor takes his hand and gently puts it on my stomach which has become a small baby bump. He concentrates for a few moments before a small smile rises on his face and he nods.

"You ready to know the gender?" he says looking up at me with a warm smile.

"Of course!" I say excitedly.

"Well you're having a ba-"

"Wait!" Thane interrupts.  We all roll our eyes and look toward Thane.

"What?" I ask slightly irritated.

"If it it's a boy can it be named after me?" he asks with a chuckle followed by laughter from Zor and Mia and only a glare from me.

"What is the gender?" I ask Zor once again.

"You're having a girl," he says with a smile.

"Aw shit. I mean you can name her Thana which is close enough to my name," Thane says and everyone laughs again. I sit with a never ending smile.

I'm having a baby girl. My baby girl.

We visit with Zor and Mia for a while before the sun begins to set. We decide to make our leave and head back home.

As we walk a cool breeze blows on us, causing me to shiver. Thane wraps his arm around me and pulls me close. We stay this way the whole walk home. Maybe staying with the lycans and having Thane to be a father figure for baby girl wouldn't be so bad. He's so caring about me and all.

I begin to think about Xenophon again. If we met again I'd tell him the gender. If I would go back with him I wasn't entirely sure yet. He broke my trust, our connection, and my heart. I'm not entirely sure what I would do if I met him again at the moment honestly.

As we approach the home, Thane stops us in our tracks and holds my arm before pulling me back behind him.

"Thane?" I say confused.

"Sh... Something isn't right," he says over his shoulder as he keeps me back and behind him.

Maddox walks out of his house and jogs to our side. "Thaneous, are you alright? What's wrong?" he asks with concern.

"Someone is inside our house," Thane says as slight anger and protectiveness cross his face. I look over and Maddox and I notice his eyes fog over like he's possessed or something. A moment later the alpha of the pack along with the beta and Theo the future beta rush over to us from their own homes.

Zor must've noticed them because he too comes rushing over. "Thane what's going on?" he asks.

"Someone's inside. I'm afraid it's Xenophon. Keep Morgan back, I'm going in," he says taking a few steps to the door.

"I'm coming with you," Maddox says before gruesome bone cracking sounds can be heard as Maddox shifts into his lycan form. He stays behind Thane as they approach the door.

Thane slowly opens the door and walks in. Maddox stays in the doorway and watches.

Not a minute later Thane's body is being thrown out the door and landing onto the ground ten feet from the house. A horrid growl comes from Maddox as he rushes inside the house. Crashes, roars and growls come before Maddox too is thrown outside.

Then the figure steps out in a dragon form, ripping through the doorway. A loud roar is released into the air before it's head turns the way of us. The black and silver dragon flies into the sky before landing ten feet away from us.

Bones crack and the lycans shift, keeping me behind them. Zor shifts as well into his blue and black dragon. It isn't long before more lycans come running and shift to back their alpha up. Mia comes out from behind me and pulls me behind her as she shifts into a beautiful chocolate brown lycan. They all stand in a defensive position, ready to take on the huge black dragon shifter in front of them; ready to take on a very angry Xenophon.

"Give her to me!" Xenophon says in a deep dragon voice.

The lycans begin to growl and snarl. "We will do no such thing. She is in our territory and is part of our pack as far as we are concerned. She will only go if she pleases," the alpha lycan who I now knew was named Lycus but we refer to him as Alpha or Alpha Lycus.

Thane and Maddox both had come around and now were joining the barrier between me and Xenophon, Thane now in his red dragon form.

"She is my mate! I demand you give her to me!" Xenophon roared.

"You broke that connection Xenophon!" Thane roared not a second after Xen. This only made Xen's eyes grow even blacker with rage.

I know I have to do something before this grows into a bloody battle. The standoff continues and the growls are only getting more ferocious. I take a deep breath before pushing through all of the lycans and taking a stand next to Thane and Alpha Lycus.

Xenophon's eyes instantly fall on me, and turn to a purple speckled with blue. His figure shrinks down into his human form and instantly he looks like a sad lost puppy.

"Morgan..." he says softly as he takes a step towards me. Growls surround me but I put a hand up signaling it is okay. I take a small step forward, keeping my head held high.

Xen's eyes fall to my growing baby bump and a tear shines in his eye.

"Morgan please come back with me. I'll explain everything. Please..." he pleads. Thane gives a low growl, but this one I let slip.

"I'm not leaving until I am ready," I say.

"You have to listen to me! I didn't mean to break our connection! I swear! You have to listen-"

"Xenophon," I cut him off. "I'll listen. But I will not be leaving until I'm ready," I say. He only gives a sad nod.

The Lycans begin to shift into their human forms and begin to disperse with exception of Alpha Lycus, Maddox, Beta Rylan, and Theo. Mia stays as well but is now wrapped in Zor's arms. Xenophon's eyes fall and them before he raises an eyebrow.

"Yeah you'll probably have to explain what's going on there too," he says referring to Mia and Zor.

I turn to Alpha Lycus and the group of protective lycans behind me.

"Thank you for your support and protection Alpha Lycus. I'll be fine now," I say with a smile. He pulls me into a hug.

"Anytime, Morgan. We are family now, and no matter what you choose or where you go, you will always be part of this pack," he says with a smile.

"Thank you so much, you have no idea how much it truly means to me," I say with a genuine smile.

After saying goodbye to the rest of the lycans Thane, Zor, Mia, Xen and myself made our way into the house. As soon as we got inside and closed the door tensions began to rise and the air grew thick.

"You have a lot of explaining to do," Xen turned to me and Thane with anger in his voice.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

470K 6.9K 32
"I’ve been beaten, I’ve been raped, and I’ve been battered and bruised, ruined all around. I don’t like to trust, I don’t like it when boys look at m...
1.9K 135 13
First, the meteor shower and then the alien invasion. Earth is slowly becoming a ghost land, but you with your family and friends find quite a safe p...
23.4K 685 24
Surviving can be difficult when you're only a few inches tall. Fanged beasts see you as their prey, every creature is bigger than you, and the world...
8.9K 308 43
Ernwood Forest is home to people living hidden from the prying eyes of humans; the Winged and their tribes. These people stand no taller than a few c...