32 Memories - Cameron Dallas

By brightasthestars

a story in which you find out if memories really can be replaced More

32 Memories - Cameron Dallas
The Accident
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7
Day 8
Day 9
Day 10
Amnesia by 5sos
Day 11
Day 12
Day 13
Day 15 (part 1)
Day 15 (part 2)
Day 16
Day 17
Day 18
GUYS
Day 19
Memory 32 (part 1)
Memory 32 (part 2)
//
\\
epilogue thingy

Day 14

13.2K 347 131
By brightasthestars

chapter 15: lots of memories

dedication: Khloee_ because ilysm baaaaabe

~*~

Mary's POV

Today I was more enthusiastic about going to Cameron's for another memory. The memories are just so engrossing to me; I'm so interested in every single one of them.

Cameron says that some of them are just a waste for the day, but I think he's completely wrong. Each memory needs to be cherished, especially because now I don't even remember them. Every memory should not be taken for granted because one day you might just wake up and not remember anything. Even the stupid little things you're going to wish you knew.

When I got to Cameron's house I was a bit puzzled. I knew something was up when I saw the few other cars parked by his house from my point of view when I was walking. From the looks of it, Diana and Raine were at his house. I definitely recognized that Range Rover.

Not only were those two bright haired girls there, but I saw a few other people fooling around in his driveway. I approached them, realizing it was everyone we used to hangout with before you-know-what happened.

I only recognized four of the people: Shawn, Nash, Diana, and Raine. The other four looked like strangers. Familiar strangers... I might have seen them in pictures or something.

"Mary's here!" Nash beams at me and pulls me into a hug. I don't know what to do as I hug back and I'm left with all these people staring at me.

What confused me the most was Cameron putting a bag in the trunk of his parents car. It was like they were going somewhere.

"Are you leaving?" I asked him and he smiles at me sadly, nodding. "Where are you going?"

"My parents are making me go out of town with them this weekend." he informs me. He doesn't seem too happy with what he's telling me. "As for the memory jar, I'm having these eight people here take my job for the weekend."

"How are they going to know how the memories went though?"

"I already picked the ones out that they were involved in."

"Oh, okay." I say, having no more questions to ask him. I'm kind of upset that Cameron's leaving, but of course I'm not going to tell him that.

"Oh, and there's a few people you should meet." Cameron smiles, looking at the few people I don't exactly know.

The first person that introduces himself is a boy named Jack Johnson. He had a light shade of hair, and he made me laugh within the first five seconds of me meeting him. Then I met another boy named Jack, Jack Gilinsky. That was a good thing; I had less names to remember. Jack Gilinsky had the darker hair and Jack Johnson had the lighter hair. Jack G was slightly taller than Jack J also and it was easy to remember which one was which.

I then met Matthew Espinosa. I was informed that he was Raine's boyfriend and I smiled because they were cute together. I remembered that information from the Nerf Gun memory that we already went through. Matt had his ears pierced and his dirty blonde hair (it's brown bye) was styled up. I thought Matt was adorable, and I could see why Raine adored him so much.

Lastly I met Aaron Carpenter, Diana's boyfriend. His hair was a dark shade of brown and he was very smiley. Aaron was sweet and funny and so cute.

So Cameron said goodbye to us, and I wasn't aware that he already had a firm talk with the others about how to treat me while he was gone. I didn't know how to feel about that, but I forced a smile and brushed it off.

Cameron hugged me while his parents got into the car. "Only three days, don't worry." he whispers in my ear and I don't say anything.

I decided to cut the hug short and nod, pretending like I'm going to be fine without him here. He's the one I feel most comfortable around. It's funny, actually, because of the promise I found out he broke. Yet I still stay by his side. Out of the eight people I was left with, I was most comfortable with Shawn.

When Cameron's car pulled out of the driveway, the nine of us waved as it disappeared into the distance. I turned to everyone else, and half of them were already looking my way.

"So, a memory?" I asked.

"Hey, listen Mary," Raine starts, "we were talking about this on group message last night and we thought we could just do a couple memories today and a couple tomorrow. Then the same thing on Sunday. You know, to speed things up a bit for you guys."

I chewed on my bottom lip, shrugging. "I guess we could do that." I said even though I wasn't too fond of the suggestion.

"We don't have to." Shawn speaks up quickly.

"She said we could do it, so that's what we're going to do." Raine says to Shawn and he doesn't say anything.

Nash holds up a key and says "So we have free access to all of Cam's food."

"And pretty much his whole house." Matthew adds.

"Then let's party." Jack J says and they all start to walk towards the house. My eyes widened a bit; was he being serious about the party thing?

I think Diana noticed my widened eyes. She came over to me with a laugh, saying "Don't worry. Jack was just messing around."

I nod my head and we walk inside the house behind everyone. Diana leaves my side and goes over to sit by Aaron on the love seat in Cameron's living room.

"You know, it's really sweet how Cam is doing this for you Mary." Jack Gilinsky says to me while everyone takes a seat in the living room somewhere.

"Yeah." I respond, not really knowing what to say. He gives me a smile and pulls me into the living room. I sit on the couch next to Shawn, both Jack's on the other side of me.

"So I have the first memory right here!" Raine states from her spot on Matt's lap. He was playing with her blue hair absentmindedly and she had a big smile on her lips. "Everyone ready for a flashback?"

I laughed a little.

Memory #24: Squad Party

Cameron's parents were gone again, so like usual when that happens everyone was over. 'Everyone' being Mary, Shawn, Raine, Matt, Diana, Aaron, Nash, and the Jacks. They all went bowling that day, and now they were all up in Cameron's loft eating pizza they ordered.

Nash and Matt were playing a video game of Cameron's, causing Raine to roll her eyes because her boyfriend was ignoring her. Jack Johnson sat against the wall eating a slice of pizza while Diana and Aaron sat beside him in their own little world. Everyone else was pretty much doing the same thing. They were all sitting around eating pizza and talking about life and shit.

Mary sipped out of a can of Pepsi while listening to the conversations around her. She sat next to Cameron on the floor, looking at him while he talked with Jack Gilinsky about some boy stuff she didn't understand.

She wondered how in the world he could be so perfect. She wondered if they would ever become something more than just best friends.

She thought about how surprisingly incredible this summer has been so far. Even though the two of them planned an unforgettable summer, she wasn't expecting it to go so well for her and Cameron.

So for the rest of the night, the ten friends talked, laughed, at everything in Cameron's home, and just enjoyed the friendship that they all shared.

~*~

Mary's POV

I tried not to show the unimpressed expression I was feeling inside. I wanted nothing more than for Cameron to be explaining the memory to me. They just made it so insipid... they just said what we did without going into further detail. Basically, they made that memory sound boring.

When Cameron explains memories, he makes me feel like that memory is taking place right now. He would take me to where the memory took place sometimes, and he would go into so much detail that I thought I was really there. I was there, but I clearly don't remember.

I'm getting close, so close to remembering. I can feel it.

"Next memory?" Matthew says with an expression filled with boredom.

"Shawn, you can do the honors of this one." Raine says as she passes a piece of paper to Shawn. One of the memories.

Shawn smiles nervously and looks at me for a second before returning his gaze back to the paper. All I do is hope Shawn makes this more interesting than Raine did.

"Memory thirteen." Shawn smiles as he reads the paper.

~*~

Memory #13: The Beach

Shawn rubbed the spot on his head where the volleyball hit him. Even though he had just gotten hit by a volleyball, he was still smiling at how hard Mary was laughing next to him.

"I'm so sorry." she giggled after her laughter had finally came to a halt. "I told you guys I shouldn't participate in the volleyball game."

"Yeah, but I didn't know you would spike the ball at my head!" Shawn jokes which just makes Mary giggle more. Everyone else was still playing volleyball, including Cameron, so Shawn and Mary stopped and started to walk along the shore.

"Man up, it was just a volleyball." Mary says in a playful tone, lightly shoving Shawn so his feet touch the cold water.

Shawn can't stop himself from smiling anymore, and he will admit that his cheeks are actually starting to hurt. "Are you having a good summer so far?" he asks her then.

"Yeah," Mary smiles, "Cameron and I have been doing so many fun things."

Shawn's smile slowly fades, but he tries to hide his sad expression. He wanted to hangout with Mary more, but she was always with Cam. He never got a chance unless they were all together, which meant Cameron was there too, which meant Shawn couldn't make his move.

But now it was just Shawn and Mary, and they were fairly far away from their group of friends. Alone, by the rocks where the wind was blowing and you could see the sun setting beautifully. They were at the beach for the majority of the day, deciding to stay until the sun set. It was the perfect day for it.

"Isn't that beautiful?" Mary wonders as she looks at the colorful sky before her.

"Mhm." Shawn murmurs beside her. "You know, you're beautiful."

Mary lets out an awkward laugh, blushing. She felt more on the uncomfortable side rather than flattered. She hoped more than anything that Shawn wouldn't try to kiss her or anything.

It's not that she doesn't like Shawn, it's just that she was afraid. Afraid of relationships altogether. Where there's a relationship, there's love. Where there's love, there's commitment, where there's commitment, there's trust, and she couldn't trust anyone. Besides one person, and that person was not Shawn. It was her best friend.

"Thank you, Shawn." Mary finally replies.

"Do you like anyone, Mary?"

Mary gulped. "What do you mean?"

"Is there anyone that you have your eye on?"

"Not really." she almost squeaked out. "I think we should go back. They probably want to leave as soon as the sun sets, and it's about to s-"

Shawn leaned forward and kissed her. It happened so fast and Mary's heart stopped beating for a millisecond. She surprised herself by kissing him back, not knowing what to do with her hands because she was inexperienced with all of this. Shawn gently took her hands in his own and placed them around his neck without ever pulling her lips away from his.

They both pulled their lips away from each other's slowly. "Wow," Shawn whispered.

"Yeah." Mary agrees.

~*~

Mary's POV

I almost can't breathe. That didn't happen. I know it didn't. I may not remember, but I know in my heart that what Shawn just said wasn't true.

Tears welled in my eyes as everyone started to get loud, saying they didn't know that "Shawn and I kissed that night."

"I can't believe you guys kissed!" Diana exclaims, her and Raine both freaking out while all the boys started talking about it with Shawn.

I knew it wasn't true by the guilty expression Shawn wore on his face. I stood up and went to go run up to Cameron's room. I didn't think anyone noticed my exit, but I was proven wrong when Shawn followed behind me.

"Mary, wait!" He called. I made it to Cameron's room and before I could close the door Shawn had slipped in.

"Go away Shawn." I say, but then I add, "unless you want to tell me what really happened that night."

He sighs, scratching the back of his neck. "Everything that I said was true, up until the part where I said you kissed me back..."

"So you did kiss me?" I frown. "And I didn't kiss you back?"

"Yes I did, and no you didn't."

"I'm sorry."

"Why?"

I shrug.

"Look, I'm sorry. I just didn't want to say what really happened in front of everyone because I was embarrassed. Plus, I just wanted to make you think that you liked me. But the truth is, I knew you never liked me. There was no hope for me."

Hearing Shawn's word made me feel kind of bad. Was I a horrible person? I wish I remembered.

"Am I ever going to remember?" My eyes started to water once again.

Shawn looks at me with sympathy, saying "Yes."

But he's just saying that. He doesn't believe that it's true and neither do I.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Updates will come quicker than this one I'm sorry :-(

the memories were boring on purpose by the way guys because I wanted you to see why Cameron goes into so much detail and how it's so much more different when it's not Cameron explaining the memories

I have 2 story ideas I want to start writing, but I should probably wait until I have time...

hopefully they're good though! I wanna write a Shawn story and a 5sos one!!!

PLEASE VOTE & COMMENT.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

341 4 22
Melody Decker is an average 18 year old, until she meets a mysterious guy. A new kid named Cameron Dallas who's a famous viner moves to her school. M...
1.2M 25.1K 65
Sequel to Unexpected "I'll always be the north and you will always be my south" Melissa has left the past behind her and is looking forward to a fre...
Faded By lit shit

Fanfiction

12.5K 619 32
~a simple text changed her life~
2.6K 177 42
Read it and Find out.