Day 14

chapter 15: lots of memories

dedication: Khloee_ because ilysm baaaaabe

~*~

Mary's POV

Today I was more enthusiastic about going to Cameron's for another memory. The memories are just so engrossing to me; I'm so interested in every single one of them.

Cameron says that some of them are just a waste for the day, but I think he's completely wrong. Each memory needs to be cherished, especially because now I don't even remember them. Every memory should not be taken for granted because one day you might just wake up and not remember anything. Even the stupid little things you're going to wish you knew.

When I got to Cameron's house I was a bit puzzled. I knew something was up when I saw the few other cars parked by his house from my point of view when I was walking. From the looks of it, Diana and Raine were at his house. I definitely recognized that Range Rover.

Not only were those two bright haired girls there, but I saw a few other people fooling around in his driveway. I approached them, realizing it was everyone we used to hangout with before you-know-what happened.

I only recognized four of the people: Shawn, Nash, Diana, and Raine. The other four looked like strangers. Familiar strangers... I might have seen them in pictures or something.

"Mary's here!" Nash beams at me and pulls me into a hug. I don't know what to do as I hug back and I'm left with all these people staring at me.

What confused me the most was Cameron putting a bag in the trunk of his parents car. It was like they were going somewhere.

"Are you leaving?" I asked him and he smiles at me sadly, nodding. "Where are you going?"

"My parents are making me go out of town with them this weekend." he informs me. He doesn't seem too happy with what he's telling me. "As for the memory jar, I'm having these eight people here take my job for the weekend."

"How are they going to know how the memories went though?"

"I already picked the ones out that they were involved in."

"Oh, okay." I say, having no more questions to ask him. I'm kind of upset that Cameron's leaving, but of course I'm not going to tell him that.

"Oh, and there's a few people you should meet." Cameron smiles, looking at the few people I don't exactly know.

The first person that introduces himself is a boy named Jack Johnson. He had a light shade of hair, and he made me laugh within the first five seconds of me meeting him. Then I met another boy named Jack, Jack Gilinsky. That was a good thing; I had less names to remember. Jack Gilinsky had the darker hair and Jack Johnson had the lighter hair. Jack G was slightly taller than Jack J also and it was easy to remember which one was which.

I then met Matthew Espinosa. I was informed that he was Raine's boyfriend and I smiled because they were cute together. I remembered that information from the Nerf Gun memory that we already went through. Matt had his ears pierced and his dirty blonde hair (it's brown bye) was styled up. I thought Matt was adorable, and I could see why Raine adored him so much.

Lastly I met Aaron Carpenter, Diana's boyfriend. His hair was a dark shade of brown and he was very smiley. Aaron was sweet and funny and so cute.

So Cameron said goodbye to us, and I wasn't aware that he already had a firm talk with the others about how to treat me while he was gone. I didn't know how to feel about that, but I forced a smile and brushed it off.

Cameron hugged me while his parents got into the car. "Only three days, don't worry." he whispers in my ear and I don't say anything.

I decided to cut the hug short and nod, pretending like I'm going to be fine without him here. He's the one I feel most comfortable around. It's funny, actually, because of the promise I found out he broke. Yet I still stay by his side. Out of the eight people I was left with, I was most comfortable with Shawn.