Memory 32 (part 1)

I don't know who made the picture on the side/top, but I found it on We Heart It and it's hella cute aw cam & mary

chapter 22: the last memories

~*~

memory 31:

"I can't believe we're doing this." Mary says nervously as she clings to Cameron in the dark.

They had just driven from Chino all the way to Hollywood starting at ten o'clock at night. It was kind of a long drive, but it was the best car ride of Mary's life.

Now, Cameron was forcing her to sneak up to the Hollywood sign with him.

"Nobody's gonna see us, don't worry."

"This is not like the movies, Cameron." Mary whispers harshly as they start to hike their way up.

"I know, it's even better than the movies."

"You're an idiot." Mary can't help but smile.

It took a while, but soon they were standing behind a giant H. "Oh my goodness." Mary whispers. For some reason, she felt like she needed to be quiet or else they'd get caught. "This is so cool."

"It's actually not as cool as I thought." Cameron says in a bored tone and Mary shoves his shoulder.

"Just look..." She gestures to everything beyond the Hollywood sign. It was beautiful, but it was so dark.

"Come here," Cameron murmurs, pulling Mary into his side. They stand there as the light breeze hits them and take in everything around them.

Cameron felt like now was the perfect time to tell Mary about what he felt for her.

"Hey, I love you." He says out of the blue.

"I love you too." Mary responds, raising an eyebrow. She turns and they're now looking at each other.

"No, like, I love you." He repeats, not knowing how to get out what he needed to say.

But she already knew what he meant. "I know Cameron, and I love you too."

He leaned towards her and pressed his lips to hers, this time not asking if it was okay. Mary stumbled back a bit, but he grabbed her by the waist and pulled her against him. This kiss meant everything to Mary, just like Cameron was everything to her, and Cameron felt the same exact way.

~*~

Cameron's POV

She didn't say a word after I explained the night of the kiss. I don't know what I was expecting her to say, but her silence was tearing me apart.

"I really did love you," I say, then shake my head, "I mean I do love you, I love you so much and you not remembering how much you loved me too kills me."

She is quiet again, making me frown. Then she finally says something. "You said there was a thirty second memory."

"Yeah, it's the day of the accident." I say and she gasps quietly.

"Why would you make that a memory..?"

"No, Mary, I meant it was the day of the accident. The whole day was memory thirty-two." I explain.

She looks confused, so I just decide to start talking about that day from beginning to the horrible, tragic ending.

~*~

* DAY OF THE ACCIDENT *

"Wake up," Mary's cute voice whispers as she shakes Cam's shoulders.

"Noooo," He mumbles, turning over and bringing her against his chest. She shrieks and squirms, trying to escape but he holds her tight against him. "Five more minutes."

"Fine." she huffs and relaxes into his arms. As she traces patters lightly into Cameron's arm with her finger, he lay there and thought about the night before.

We kissed, Cameron thought to himself, and she told me that she felt the same way.

A smile appeared on his lips as he relived the moment in his head. And now, waking up with her next to him made him feel so great. They didn't get home until nearly 5 in the morning, but they agreed it was all worth it.

"We have Jack and Jack's party to go to today." Cameron reminded Mary and she tried not to show the disappointment on her face. Jack and Jack were going to have a wild party, and that's not the type of setting she wanted to be in. But she was doing it for Cameron, and she thought that maybe it would he fun?

"Yeah."

"Are you excited?"

"Sure."

"We don't have to go..."

"No, we're going." she assures him, knowing how excited he was for the party.

After they got up and realized it was already almost three in the afternoon, they skipped breakfast and Cameron makes them sandwiches. After that, they both take showers at his house and get ready for the party. Mary already had her stuff since they were planning on spending the day together before the party.

The two of them arrive at the party around eight, when it's just their group of friends. Shawn stares at Mary and Cameron's interlocked hands and frowns, causing Mary to feel sympathy for him. She did not understand what Shawn saw in her.

"Are you guys ready for tonight?" Johnson asks everyone, and they all cheer except for Mary. When she realizes she's the only one, she fakes a smile and nods her head.

However, she had a bad feeling about how the night would turn out. There would be alcohol... everywhere. She did not want anything to do with that. Yes, she drank wine, but that was different to her. She was not getting herself the way her dad used to.

She knew she wouldn't drink tonight and she would not let anyone force her to or talk her into it. But she was worried about Cameron.

~*~

ugh guys i was gonna put the whole memory 32 in this chapter but i really need to update bc i haven't in a while

BUT I promise I'll be working on the next part all weekend maybe update by Sunday!!

I just don't like this story at all so like no motivation to update sigh