Day 6

chapter 7: memory 6

I am dedicating this chapter to oxyzen because i liked her comment on the last chapter it made me smile okay so yeah SHOUTOUT TO U GIRL

~*~

Cameron's POV

I pulled my car up to the curb outside of Mary's house and honked the horn twice. That's what I used to do when I picked her up, but I just realized she doesn't remember that. I text her and tell her I'm here and look at her front door. When it swings open I see both Mary and her mother. Her mother looks like crap as always and she's saying something sternly to Mary. I roll my eyes, knowing she's probably telling her that she shouldn't leave with me. I watch as Mary shakes her head and hops down the old wooden porch steps and makes her way to my car.

I see her mother slam the front door with a defeated look. Wow, you'd think she'd be nicer to Mary after the accident.

"Hey." she says.

I hand her the jar just before I start driving away from her house. She doesn't say anything and pulls out a paper from the jar. "Seventeen." she says, holding up the paper. I sigh knowing which one it is. Once again she didn't pull out a very extraordinary memory.

"Here we go," I say and drive towards the rich people neighborhood. That's what Mary and I call the neighborhood that's fairly close to ours. We call it that because it's full of houses that all look the same with almost fake-looking, bright green grass. The houses look like mine, but my house isn't in the neighborhood.

My parents built our house in a place where there weren't neighbors, except Mary and her mother down the road. We are the only people who lived on our road, and just a little ways down is the rich people neighborhood.

I drive the short drive until I park on a random curb and tell Mary to get out. The two of us get out and meet in the front of my car.

"What are we doing?" Mary asks.

"This is where memory seventeen took place, so we're just going to walk as I talk about that night." I reply.

~*~

Memory #17: Running Through the Sprinklers at Night

"Shhh!" Mary hushes Cam harshly because he's making so much noise. "We don't want to get caught, idiot."

"Calm down," he laughs and rolls his eyes. "My parents aren't going to wake up, and if they do we probably won't get in trouble."

He opens the front door quietly and they both step out into the darkness of the night. The porch light isn't even on. "Why do we have to do this?" Mary whines.

"It'll be fun, don't you want to have fun this summer?" he smirks. She sighs, defeated, and nods her head.

They walk out to Cameron's car. The two of them were going to drive down the road to go to the rich people neighborhood. They usually seem to keep their sprinklers on at night, so Mary and Cameron decided they really wanted to run through them. They were hanging out in Cameron's room, super bored, until Cameron decided it was a sin to be that bored during the summer.

They get to their destination and stand at the edge of the first house on the road.

"Ready?" Cameron asks, looking at Mary.

She lets out a breath and says, "Ready."

They intertwine their fingers and once their hands are locked together, they take off through the backyards of the neighborhood. They are lucky they're all the same. No fences or anything. Their feet pad across the wet grass and they become more soaked the farther they get. Automatic porch lights turn on every time they pass a house and it's honestly pretty interesting to them.

Mary tries not to shriek too loud but she can't stop giggling. Cameron is laughing right beside her and it's an amazing feeling as the water sprays them and the laughter is spilling from them up until a loud voice booms from one of the houses.

"Hey!" A manly voice booms and both of them freeze, turning their heads. When they see a rather muscular man staring at them with an angry expression on his face they both take off running. There's no doubt that the man is chasing after them.

Cameron is running a bit faster than Mary and she tries to keep up. She has to make sure she's kept up with him; their hands are locked together anyway.

Mary doesn't get why the man is so angry. It's not like they were destroying their property or anything. But she ignores that and focuses on keeping up with Cameron.

"Hurry hurry hurry!" Cameron says to her as his car comes into view down the road. The man is quite some ways behind them but he's pretty fast. They reach his car and get in quickly.

"Hurry!" Mary yells as Cameron fumbles with his keys. He starts his car and does a quick U turn on the road. The man had finally come to a stop behind the car as he watched them speed off.

The two of them were both breathing heavily and after a few moments of silence, they both burst into laughter.

~*~

Cameron's POV

"I can't believe we did that!" Mary exclaims after I tell her about that night. She's laughing along with me and it was nice to laugh with her. It was just nice to see her laughing, actually.

"It was pretty fun, being chased by a huge man." I grin.

She just shakes her head. "Do you know which house it is he lived in?" she asks while looking at the big houses we were passing.

I just shrug. "It was somewhere around here. I'm not sure because it was dark and we were in their backyards."

They finally turn back to walk to Cam's car again. Not a very successful day, but at the same time Cameron made a lot of success by just getting her to laugh and smile. Her real smile.

........

HI GUYS IT'S MADILYN.

hope you guys are liking this story so far! I'm going to start dedicating my chapters to people.

My favorite comment will get a dedication on the next chapter and ill just keep doing that :)