In Love With The Devil

By DFoladara

"Why do you have to hate me so much?" I said looking into his eyes they were cold and filled with distaste... More

Authors note
Night
The boss
Work
Boast
Jealousy
Jealousy 2
Want
Pain
Pain 2
Trip
She's alive
It's her
Drunk
Married
Can't
He did it again
He needs me😚
I like it😳
Date😍
Don't
He likes her
Stella is back
Where is Nicole?
Three years later😓
What do I do?
Plan
Pretend 😒
Sleep over
Fashion show
House party
Johanna at work
Truth is
Who are you?
Mine
The story
Right
You and I
The new beginning
The End
Announcement!
Announcement again!!

Distaste

3.1K 65 7
By DFoladara

~Chapter three~

Nicole's POV

Nina and Bianca were sweet to me, I never thought I would be so comfortable in my life. Nina took me to the room that was supposed to be mine now. I feel so awkward, I don't want to stay in his house without having an agreement on something, I can't have him making me feel like he did me a favor... He looks like he's going to use that on me, being my boss and all... I have to talk to him about this.

"Hey, so do you like your room?" Nina asked.

"Yeah it nice" I managed to say, as I could feel a slight pain in my throat.

"Uhm... Nicole " Bianca called out to me, I didn't tell her what really happened to me since Bryan said it was an accident,he probably just doesn't want her to know yet.

"Yes mam"

"Mam? Darling you can call me by my name, this kids just tease me when they call me mama" she said pulling Nina's ear whilst Nina let out a small groan."I just wanted to tell you I will dry your cloths for you okay?"

If I wanted to be polite I would tell her I would do it myself but I know too well that I can't even walk without help. "Okay. Thanks ma... Bianca"

"You are welcome darling" she said and left the room.

Nina helped me to the bed as she told me "so are you his  girlfriend?" I turned my face to the beautiful girl talking to me. She had a huge grin on her face. Well I wish.

"No! why would you ask me that?"

"Well first of all he doesn't just bring anyone home and second of all, if it was someone that was hurt like you he would take them to the hospital and soooo..."

"Nina I think your brother is only being nice and I'm only his personal assistant and nothing more."

"Oh okay but I would like you for him anyway" I stared at her as she winked and stood up"good night Nicky" she blushed and left.

The room was really big and the king size bed was so soft I couldn't feel any pain as I turned on it. As much as I might love this place, I have to go and I will have to speak to Bryan. Once I get my first month salary I will leave and then_ oh God I just realized how free I am now, I am an independent woman now I can get the dresses I want, my office wear would be perfect. Oh I can't wait for one month to be over.

All my life I have been wearing rags. Some are the cloths my stepmom already worn to the extent that the color faded. Some are my step sisters stupid cloths which her mum bought for her that were not stylish. It's not like I am not stylish but I just don't have the money to be stylish. Most of my neighbours that were men would take a glance at me and look away immediately but why would I care it's what I have and I'm wearing it. Don't judge me... Don't even say there are possibilities I could have been working secretly... You're not in my shoes, I can't even  leave the house without being followed by my stepsister or my stepmom and the case is to be the chaperone to the mall.

The only friend I have in the neighbourhood is Larry. He's a nerd that lives with his grandma. She doesn't want us to be friends 'cause she thinks I'm bad luck. She still leaves in the old world, believing in superstition. If not for her maybe I would be in his house now.

I heard my iPhone 5 ring, which was also a used phone given to me by my sister. Yeah I use a lot of used things.  

Speaking of which "hey Larry, how are you?" I said feeling warm after bianca turned on the heater. Larry found me on Facebook and there, he got my number.

"Hey biggie, sorry I am calling this late but I just wanted to tell you I'm going out of town tomorrow it relating to my work. So you might not be seeing me around. But hey!, how was your first day at work  huh?" He called me biggie 'cause that's my nickname in the neighbourhood. I wear big clothes but I'm skinny inside.

"Yeaaah it was kinda great but uhm ..." And told him the rest of the story.

"Oh my God Nicole I'm so sorry. If I had known I would have helped one way or the other. Why didn't you come to me for help?."

"Well you and I both know why. Your grandma will kick me out with her stick"

"Well...yeah" he said with a light chuckle. "But I hope you are comfortable where you are, your boss must be nice to let you stay in his house." 

"Yeah he is...er I've got to go now."

"Yeah, get some rest."
I could hear him smile through the phone, he tried to help me get a job many times but my stupid rich step father would find a way to stop me from getting that job through his connections... I was never allowed to do anything.

"Yeah goodnight" I said.

"Goodnight" he said and hanged up.

I was really thirsty, I forced myself down the stairs. I tried to get where the kitchen was and luckily I did. I entered the kitchen and saw Bryan in just short and singlet.  God help me I might faint. Damn he was devilishly hot.

He turned around and with a cup of milk on his hand.

"What do you want?" 

"I...I ....I came to g...get water" I felt sweat  roll down my cheeks.

"it over there" he pointed at the water. 

I walked slowly to go and get it. My stepmom hit me so bad I was limping. I was almost there when suddenly I tripped and almost fell when Bryan caught my waist from behind very quickly and swung me to his chest. The stupid pain I felt at that moment made me feel stupid.

"Ow... Ow" I don't know why but I felt he was sniffing on my hair. And suddenly he let go of me as I found myself on the floor and awful pain shooting through me, when I looked up he was gone, well then why did he help me before.

"Ouch...ouch" oh God, I tried to stand up but the pain grew worse. What's wrong with him? Why did he just let go of me like that?.

"Nicole what's wrong? how did you fall?" Bianca cried. She help me up slowly

"It was an accident, I wanted to get some water when I tripped.."

"Oh I'm so sorry dear, I should have kept some water in your room" then she brought the water to me. "Here"

"Thank you"

"You're most welcome... Er you didn't tell me who you are to Bryan."

"His employee... just an employee"

"Oh okay" she said. Then she help me to my room.

Bryan's POV

When she tripped I had no idea how my hand came around her waist. I  should have let her fall. Her body was against mine and I didn't like the feeling I got from that. It like I wanted to hold on to her forever and the smell of her hair was wow. Geez Bryan she's the girl you hate okay, you hate her

I let go of her and left. If I had looked back I would want to help her. I saw bianca coming out of her room which was close to the kitchen. She will help her.

I was walking down the stairs already ready to go to work and take my cousin to school when I saw Nicole in a casual wear and not in a office wear plaiting Nina's hair into French braid.

"Good morning Bryan" bianca said. "Have some breakfast before you leave"

"Good morning Bianca. Yes I will"
"Good morning sir" Nicole greeted I ignore it and asked"why aren't you ready for work?"

"I...er "

"Bryan she can't go to work today she needs rest" Nina said.

"This is non of your business Nina" I turned my face to Nicole "you are coming to work today and that final"

"Ye...yes sir"

"What did I hear you say? Bryan she can't..." Bianca said coming out of the dining.

"Bianca I will eat now!." And everyone was silent as Nicole went up the stairs anger reflecting in her body movements.

Hmmm I don't know but something doesn't  feel right. okay I hope you enjoyed it.

Thanks for reading.

Don't forget to vote comment and share.

Much love.

Flody

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.4K 275 54
His blue grey eyes were glued to my brown eyes. "Tell me you don't hate me." He ordered me. "I hate you Mason." "No you don't." "Yes i do." He was t...
31.2K 1.4K 55
"I get jealous over anyone who comes near you. I Don't want to let you out of my sight for even a second, even as the pitch black darkness grows in t...
970K 17.6K 47
I stared at him for a moment and he did the same, both of us daring the other to say one more smart remark. "Don't you have a class to teach?" I ask...
693 8 40
The big boss is coming in today, and Bella had one last chance to redeem herself at work. The doors open like in the movies as if a royalty is about...