Percy Jackson, Guardian of th...

By outsidemyownbox

Continuation from my last book, I suggest reading it before reading this...yeeeeaaahhh... Enjoy! More

Chapter 1- six months later
Chapter 2- Everyone else, return of the lost one
Chapter 3-family reunion/ Leo's mad sketch adventure
Chapter 4- Leo mad sketch adventure part 2/memory work
chapter 5- forced change./ family reunion
Chapter 6- What happened to Percy/ Rykers wager
chapter 7 - Time, stop!/ Rykers morals
chapter 8- Percy meets the void/ new world Chaos
Chapter 10- The end.
Epilogue

Chapter 9- Percy vs soul reaper/ Ryker vs Chaos

1.1K 32 32
By outsidemyownbox

Percy 

Percy was just in time, disbanding the death blast his father sent at everyone he loved, his anger reached heightened levels as the dust cleared, father and son glared at each other as if no one else existed in world. Ryker shouted something from the back as the sound of weapons and armor being shifted and battle cries being shouted as the armies charged at each other. 

Percy still had his full wings extended and at this point so did Chaos at this point as they hovered twenty feet in the air at this point still cold lock staring at each other, Percy however was first to break silence. 

"Everything you've done..killing mother, banishing uncle, your own brother, Annabeth, Thalia, Rykers parents...all the millions of people in New York that just had their lives taken from them....even conditioning me to one day either harvest me or have me as your right hand so you could completely harness the Void and Light?" Percy seethed up.

Chaos groaned as if this was the teenage rebellion years, "Oh grow up, you have no idea what its like being the master creator but always being second best to some damn darkness and light, everything I did was for us...and you are ungrateful and have no sense of what is most important." 

Percy stifled a laugh and gripped his fists a little tighter, "You're wrong, father...you're not second best. Compared to me you're third rate." Chaos opened his mouth to reply but cutting him off right between him and Percy was a lightning bold as dark as the void, a black cloud with a voice that resonated to the core of the earth "you've armed yourself...now allow us to give our champion a chance." Percy and his father both knew what presence that was, the black cloud that sat between them materialized a sheathed blade, a very familiar sheathed blade. 

Hilt made of bone with the brightest silver grasping a red orb, the sheathe speckled with stars and more silver,

Soul Reaper.

Realizing what it was right away both Chaos and Percy flew toward the blade, the rightful owner trying to grasp it while the cruel thief tried to take it away again, except this time Percy got to it first, taking hold of the blades handle as a portal opened up just as he did and swallowed him whole.

Ryker

Ryker was charging up to Percy with the army steeling their nerves back and following a bit further back behind, He saw the blade appear and both father and son gun for it, one reaching for the sheathe the other reaching for the handle.

Ryker wasn't too far behind now as Percy took hold of the handle and for the first time in a long time felt a great surge of hope course through him.....then Percy disappeared again. 

In front of him with White Reaper ready was his father already slashing at where Percy was and now Ryker is, "Oh shit FUCK YOU PERCY!" making an X of his sword catching Chaos blade and feeling his power and rage force itself against Rykers whole body, "I'll slaughter every one of you and your piss poor blooded kind before he returns and then kill him myself." 

James grit his teeth, and dug his feet in and pressed with all his might, in the side of his vision the two armies just about to meet, the huntresses together as a blur of silver with other colors of orange and purple mixed together, "You're gonna have to fight a little harder then." Ryker screamed, pushing back as an anomaly occurred right between Chaos and James exploding sending both the attacker and defender back with their armies, Ryker felt as if something was fueled into his body and exerted in the same instance.

lifting up his head again seeing that he landed next to the huntress girl he had to help save from Chaos, and seeing him across the battlefield getting back to his feet slight confusion on his face that turned into seething anger as he blinked right above the two of them sword ready, "You will die for even insulting me like that worthless assassin!" Ryker pushed Thalia out of the way and went in for a counter attack, a surge of energy went from what felt like Thalia into Ryker and into his counter attack blasting Chaos back in surprise with a lightning blast. 

Shocked Ryker looked at his hand and body feeling the power leave again. Artemis coming over as the armies charged again at each other, "What was that?" Ryker went to say something but saw the crazy Latino kid who was always on fire, running over he pushed him over turning back to a empusi  that stood before him feeling power again course through his veins he burned the monster to the ground in a matter of seconds, his body again feeling the energy leave. Ryker figured it out.

"Olympus to battle! Chaos....meet your end, big boy!" Chaos charged back at him throwing the same trick he did the last time to beat the assassin, Ryker held his swords up withstanding the energy blast as it got absorbed into his body, his heart raced as if caffeine was injected into his blood stream seeing a confused Chaos he shot the energy right back at its owner, an explosion shook the battlefield sending many half blood and monsters through the air but leaving an untouched creator in defense position. "I see, by not giving your half blood line a trait it mimics whatever it comes into contact with at first...should have just killed you from the start."

Ryker charging back at him, "You shouldn't have fucked with my family." clashing blades as the enemy started to use internal ballistic chaos to increase his physical strength in speed Rykers body again copied the effect and as their swords broke and reconnected the assassin could feel the resurgence of power again and again, figuring out that after broken contact it lasts for about a second and a half..."I'll have to make it work."

Percy

Percy slowly opened his eyes, finding himself to be on a grayish red surface, the last thing he remembered was grabbing his sword and then the lights went out, he got to his feet looking around he was confused and his eyes strained to see what he saw....

He was standing on the sky. Everything was upside down for him as a battle froze in motion was on above him, "looks like you're finally awake." turning around seeing the blade he tried so hard to grab float and pulsate dark circles above him and standing under it was a dark hooded figure, only the bottom part of his face showing. 

Percy's head started to throb as he tried to remember who this person was, as something seemed so familiar about him but he couldn't figure it out even though the answer felt like it was on the tip of his tongue. 

"Who are you?" he simply asked rubbing his head with one hand.

"Do you really not remember?" the voice said back as the being slowly tilted its head back Percy caught a good look at his face and got his breath stuck in his throat. "That makes no sense.....you're... me."

stood before him was a copy of Perseus with almost everything switched. instead of green eyes they were red, the white of his eyes were black as well,  no black hair it was a stunning white. "Close but not quite."

Percy shook his head not knowing what he meant, than he gambled on a question, "You...you're Soul Reaper." 

His crooked  smile that used to go a certain way on Percy's face went a different angle on Reaper's. "Perceptive as you always were son of the creator." 

Percy sneered, "If I took hold of you than why aren't we where the battle is?" Soul Reaper laughed as the world around him shook and his voice resonated deep and power "One honorable ruler shall take hold of me." Percy held his ground and acted unphased to intimidate and replied, "Trial by battle? And if I win, that's it we go back to the battle?" 

"IF..you win." was Soul Reapers only reply. Percy looked at him and the entity continued to explain anyway, "If I win, few things might happen." 

"Might?"

"Well one of them will if defeat comes, the choice isn't mine. If I win your options are to bow to me and I shall absorb you and live in the world as you, your soul dead but your body mine. I will rule as I see fit after I slaughter your father." In Percy's head the voids warning rang in his ears, 'not if it consumes you' "You're second option I can take the person you love the most, and by scanning your heart-" He held up his left hand which was inside a terrifying looking gauntlet while his other hand went bare, in his left hand a silver flame appeared in his hand and Soul Reaper grinned maniacally at Percy who was getting scared of what he might do if Percy lost and had to choose. "You're third option is a bit more forgiving than the rest, I take a fifth of your life span off."

Percy sighed finally an option that didn't seem as scary as the rest of them, "But be warned Son of the Creator. We have fought before and I won't tell you if you have lost before." Percy tried to understand what he meant and did after a second, has Soul Reaper already shaved Percy's life down? could this be his last fifth? Percy needed to know something before he engaged in combat. "If I win.....Can we beat my father?" 

"No soul can escape my judgement." which sounded terrifying as his normal voice went deep and demonic and the reality flickered as he said it, as if he was hiding his true power behind this carbon copy. Percy realized what he said had double meaning kind of like the Oracles riddles, he wasn't just talking about his father, but also Percy as well, there is no escape here, only victory.

Percy held out his hand to materialize a blade and choosing a familiar one he recopied Riptide grabbing the familiar hilt, "One more time for me my old friend." he whispered to the blade as it was there in the beginning when Chiron tossed him it in the museum, Percy found it poetic as he held it again one last time. 

Taking a brave breath he looked at Soul Reaper and nodded, who in return slowly drew his blade, "One last thing, you win,  all of your memories return to you....if you lose, this universe is mine."

Percy sneered a rage filled scream escaped his lungs as he charged Reaper, in his other hand the blade that is Soul Reaper appeared and blocked Riptide and the two swords locked for a second as the broke and jumped away from each other and reengaged. Percy has felt fear before, but what he felt now was like nothing before, Soul Reaper fought Percy when he was at his peak in his old life, Percy bested him. Could he now? 

His mind went blank as the ringing of clashing blades was the only sound were to be heard. Percy spun hoping to catch him off guard but Reaper saw it coming and with a counter spin  left a long but not deep cut across Percy's back, even though the wound was minimal it hurt worse than Tartarus.  "is this all you have to offer?"  Percy grunted at Reapers remark and turned. 

"Not even a little bit." Reaper charged first this time but Percy was ready, knowing he would be watching his blade hand he clashed put a leg around his front leg and swept him off his feet trying to impale him on the way down to the ground. (which was also the sky) Reaper saw it and made a dire parry making them drop both of their blades but Percy was on top and started landing punch after punch on his face  until he locked both his hand thrusts with his hips and threw Percy over his head.

Percy rolled as Reaper got to his feet drawing a dagger and running toward Percy,  going for a stab and having a hand ready that grabbed Percys counter punch. Anticipating this he pulled him in and drove a knee into his gut taking back hold of his knife hand and twisting his wrist near breaking it causing the weapon to shift owners and Percy driving it into his gut feeling a gush of hope drawing blood from the entity of the void. Reaper screamed and within a flash drew another dagger and stabbed it into Percy's back before jumping away.

Staggering they both wretched both items from their wounds and re summoned their original weapons. "haha....thats what I'm talking about Son of Chaos. You notice there's no powers here either right? aside having weapons on us we're two regular humans battling out the fate of the universe. " 

Percy grunted a chuckle nodding, "Yeah I kinda gathered that through out the battle....round two?" and the two clashed blades again.

Two swords of destiny clashing again and again, as if each move they made changed the future, they fought for almost the same cause. Percy this time getting the better of Soul Reaper knocking his sword out of his hand but Reaper again making a daring move to jump over Percy grabbing his sword arm and dislocating that shoulder in the process. dropping Riptide Percy screamed in agony as Reaper turned locking his arms around his neck and kicking his legs out so Percy had no solid ground to stand up on.  "Is this all Percy?" Reaper said through the struggles of the dying primordial. "Is this where it ends?" 

Percy's vision began to darken, hope leaving, losing too much blood and his energy fading he made one last daring attempt. "If I go," he said barely through the choke, "You do too." kicking up Riptide  from the ground into his uninjured arm Reaper locked around him tighter not letting him turn and strike which Percy anticipated. Everything was on this last move as he impaled himself with Riptide stabbing straight through him and Reaper. 

His grip instantly loosening  in a scream of agony Percy pushed himself off him, Reaper still surprised from that sacrifice strike,  Percy withdrew Riptide from his chest and impaled the void god straight through the heart.

both of them fell to their knees, choking on their own blood, falling onto their backs next to each other. Percy mustered the last strength he had mounting Reaper again and picking up a dagger, "You underestimated me Soul Reaper." he cocked his arm back to drive the knife through his throat, but everything stopped and their battle rewound to before the brawl even started.

Percy caught his breath, all his pain and wounds gone as he looked at Soul Reaper in confusion who in return looked back with pride. "A good battle it was indeed." the feeling of hope and a final positive in his favor flourished through Percy's body as involuntary tears dropped from his eyes. "Lets go get my father."

Soul Reaper held up his hand, "I have a gift for you, well actually this gift isn't from me, few people wanted to say goodbye from a time long past." Before Percy could ask what he meant Soul Reaper disappeared and a grey flame erupted where he stood and took form of none only than the architect of Olympus. "Annabeth...?" Percy managed through shock and awe. "Hey Seaweed brain!" Annabeth laughed as she watched Percy try to find words that weren't there. "It's okay...I just wanted to say goodbye, our last time was kind of cut short, even though I understand why. To blow past all the awkwardness I know your heart belongs to her now...gotta admit I never saw that coming though. But you two were meant to be, I'm happy for you Percy." Percy knowing what she meant actually didn't feel awkward from that, but rather relieved. "I just wanted to say goodbye, I'll always love you and wish the best for you, even from here. I have to go now because the next person who wants to talk...trust me its been a long time coming from her....goodbye Percy!" she gave the Primordial one last smile that he'd never forget and just as she left Percy finally got over his shock before it returned when a familiar face reappeared in royal golden light this time.

"Hey...there's my Supernova." Percy fell to his knees as memories flooded him, clear images of his mother and that nickname she always called him, and by the time he got back up to his feet he had tears streaming down his face, and his entire body was shaky.

"Oh my boy..." she came forward and embraced him and kissing him on the cheek. "I am so proud of the man you are today...and I am so sorry of how things turned out, I know that wasn't the real me on earth but I'm happy to know you have even more memories with me and well, the like-ness of me." Percy looked down rubbing his eyes as his vision became too blurred with tears, of all the things he wanted to say he looked back up, "I miss you." she smiled back tears beginning to run down her face, "I know my son, but don't you worry, everything happens for a reason, I love you so much, tell Reaper not to be such a jerk by the way." she held her son one last time as they locked eyes with each other. "You are everything I hoped you'd turn out to be and more, and I can say I'm the proudest mother in all creation....and if I could do it over I wouldn't have done it differently. I peaked the future by the way, saw some of your kids, the one that keeps traversing through time you better keep an eye on her." Percy went from feeling sad and stuff from shock and confusion again. 

"What?" 

"Nothing," she chuckled. "Now go, show your father was wrong and ruin his dream and save everything and everyone you love." Percy inhaled a deep brave breath and nodded as his mother disappeared with only a floating sheathed sword left, and a voice ringing through Percy's head "You ready to end this once and for all?"  Percy grinned taking hold of Soul Reaper and repeated something he heard Ryker say when he was flying in.

"Lets rock!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.9K 1.2K 29
When we finally got peace and humanity was doing 100 times better, some idiot decided to start the 3rd World War. The entire world became a battlefie...
3.8K 126 12
Book nine of the SoA series I'm writing
1.6K 46 11
I really don't know what I'm doing for where this is going to go I just wanted to write something and it was this :) Also I don't own any of Rick Rio...
16.9K 488 9
Dear Mortal, If you're about to read this book, I can only apologize at the lie you have lived in this world. Thinking everything is normal, when it...