I'm a youtuber.... GET ME OUT...

By rachelwritesxx

Harper Freeman ; one of the most recognised youtubers in the UK, if not the world. She's vlogged, she's writt... More

I'm a youtuber.... GET ME OUT OF HERE!
Part 1- The first four!
50 reads!
Part 2- The first challenge!
100 reads!
Part 3- New teammates!
200 reads!
Part 4- The second challenge
300 reads!
Part 5- Skydiver Surprise
Part 6- The final challenge
400 reads!
Part 7- Settling in
500 reads!
Part 8- The first night
600 reads!
Part 9- The first morning
700 reads!
Part 10- Viper Pit
800 reads!
Part 11- The best was yet to come
900 reads!
Part 12- Washing dishes
Part 14- Surprise!
Part 15- Scary Rose

Part 13- Monstrous Monoliths

24 0 0
By rachelwritesxx

Previously:

"The public have decided that the person they want to see face Monstrous Monoliths is...." Dec announced. "Jack"

"Jack, we'll see you down at the trial clearing soon" Holly said and they both left.

All I could say was thank god I wasn't facing the trial.

--------

Jack's POV

Oh god.

It was my name called.

I was doing the trial.

I was doing the freaking trial.

I was terrified. I didn't know how else to react.

What if I failed?

What if I got no stars?

What if I earned no meals for camp?

They'd hate me. They'd be so disappointed. We were barely getting any food as it was. We were always hungry.

What if I made matters a million times worse?!

****

I walked past a few bushes in a row to see i'd arrived at the trial clearing. There stood Dec and Holly. I took my position, a few feet away from them but standing across so they could talk whilst facing me.

"Hi Jack" Holly smiled.

"Hi" I said.

"How you feeling about being voted for the trial?" Dec asked.

"Oh you know" I said, not being able to help but laugh nervously at the end of my answer.

"So, ready to hear about what we have instore for you today?" Holly asked, giving a warming smile.

"Um yeah.... sure" I answered, uncertainly.

"So, Jack" Dec said. "Welcome to Monstrous Monoliths"

I gulped just hearing the name of the trial. It sounded horrendous and I assured myself that the trial itself would be even worse than the name it was given.

"As you can see, standing before us are five slabs of stone" Holly said. "AKA, the monoliths"

"Now, you're going to be in each monolith to retrieve stars" Dec said. "But, the catch is that the stars are locked in containers. You have to find the key which fits the padlock to unlock the container, therefore retrieving the star. Each star represents one meal for camp and there's ten stars on offer."

"But, you're gonna be against the clock" Holly said. "So you need to remember that you can't take your time"

"And like Zoe's trial yesterday, the first five stars will automatically be going to the red team at crock creek" Dec said.

"So, if you want to win any meals for your camp, Snake rock, you'll have to put the work in to get a high number of stars" Holly said.

"But, as you've probably guessed, you won't be alone in there" Dec said. "Just to throw another spanner in the works and make it even more challenging"

"Yep, you'll have some lovely gritters in there with you to keep you company" Holly said.

"Great" I chuckled, nervously.

"In each of the five monolith, there are two stars on offer" Dec said.

"So, five chances to win both stars in each" Holly said.

"So, Jack" Dec said. "You will to give it a go?"

"Might as well. Got nothing else planned today" I chuckled.

"Right, well let's get you ready" Holly said.

The trial team came over to me and gave me a helmet and a pair of goggles, then I got in the first monolith.

"You doing ok in there, Jack?" Holly asked me ever so caringly.

"At the minute I am. Don't know how i'll be in a minutes time though" I said, laughing nervously.

"Well, rather you than us" Dec laughed.

"Right, Jack" Holly said. "Once the claxon rings, you may begin"

"Ok" I said, nodding understandingly.

About a minute later, after a great amount of suspense, the claxon rang.

I began trying to find the right key to match the padlock immediately. As I failed my first try, I felt a cold, thick liquid being poured on my head.

"That's just slime in with you at the minute, Jack" Dec said. "Don't worry, it's all good"

After the second try, I managed to match the key to the padlock and I got the first of two stars out of the container.

"Well done, Jack" Holly praised. "Make sure you get it in your bag or it won't count and then get onto getting the next star"

I put the star in my bag and tried for the other star. Luckily, my first try was a success and I managed to get the second star out quickly, putting it in my bag securely.

The claxon rang.

"Well done, Jack" Dec cheered. "That's your first two stars collected. We'll get you out now and into the next monolith"

The trial team got me out and I wiped the slime off my goggles.

"How was that?" Holly asked. "Wasn't too bad, was it? Only slime"

"Yeah it wasn't bad. But I know the worst is yet to come" I said, chuckling nervously.

"Well we can't argue with that" Holly said. "Well, let's get you into the next one"

I was guided to the next monolith and I got in.

"Right, Jack" Dec said. "Your two minutes start on the claxon"

The claxon rang and I began the task. As I was starting, I felt something being dropped on my head.

"Those are mealworms in with you, Jack" Holly said. "But don't worry, just ignore them and keep going"

I carried on with the trial, managing to get both stars. I got out the monolith and into the next one.

"Once again, Jack, you may begin on the claxon" Dec said.

The claxon rang and I began. Straight away, what felt like a tonne, was dropped onto my head.

"Right those are five thousand cockroaches and five thousand crickets in there with you" Dec said.

The stench was like death.

"Oh my god, that smell!" I said, gagging as I attempted the first padlock.

"Yes, they can be quite smelly" Holly said.

After a few attempts, I managed to retrieve both stars and I got out the monolith.

"Right, Jack" Dec said. "Your last two monoliths are going to be a bit harder as there's going to be more keys but the same amount of padlocks"

"You'll have an extra minute per monolith though" Holly said.

"Alright" I said and I got in.

The claxon rang and I started the trickier task. I felt stuff being dropped on my head, almost like leaves and bushes. Then instantly I felt stings and nips.

"Ahhh" I groaned as I tried to get the key in the padlock.

"That's ten nests of green ants in with you, Jack" Dec said.

"Bloody hell" I groaned as they continued to nip.

"Yeah, they do nip a bit" Holly said.

"You don't say" I said and continued to hiss in pain from the nips.

I managed to get the first star and put it in the bag, feeling the constant nips the ants were giving me. I rifled through the keys as quick as I could and managed to get the star.

"Well done, Jack" Holly said as I got out.

"Now for the final monolith" Dec said.

It couldn't be so bad, could it?

What was worse than green ants?

I got in and claxon rang. I began to get the keys.

"Ok, Jack" Dec said. "You're about to hate us all right now"

It wasn't until what was dropped on my head that I realised what he meant.

Spiders! My biggest fear!

"Ahh god" I felt myself scream.

"It's ok, Jack" Holly said. "Just try and pretend they're not there"

"Bit hard to try and pretend" I heard Dec laugh.

I continued to try, but I wasn't getting anywhere.

"10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1" they both said. "Time's up!"

I got out and tried my best to shake all the bugs off me.

"Oh god please say all the spiders are gone!" I said panicking. "Please"

"Yes, they are" Holly said.

"So, no stars on that final one" Dec said.

"Nope" I sighed.

"Now you're probably gonna kick yourself but you only had two stars left to try" Holly smiled sadly.

"Meaning the final two would've got you the two stars" Dec said.

I groaned in defeat.

"But, you got eight stars which is still amazing" Holly said, smiling. "You should be so proud of yourself and I know everyone else will be proud of you"

"Thanks" I smiled.

"Now, go back to your camp" Dec instructed. "There's a surprise install for you all later"

With that, I left.

I couldn't wait to hear what the surprise was!

End of part 13

A/N:

Hi guys! Well, until next time!

Rachel x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

708K 16K 46
Book 1: The Third Sugg Trilogy *COMPLETED* You might already know my sister if you even internet, Zoella. You might also be familiar with my twin, Th...
81.7K 1.5K 23
Do you know Zoella or ThatcherJoe?? We'll i do!! Inside and out... But that's only because i'm Zoe's and Joe's little sister. I was born on the 7th o...
139K 4.4K 93
Growing up with Caspar as your close living cousin is...amazing. He looks after you. He comforts you. He is there when no one else is. ...
1.2M 18.3K 101
Joe & Minx know they have something between them, they just don't know what. Are they friends? Friends with benefits? Lovers? That's what they're try...