~Away From You~ Jookyun

By nikkiyeollie

Changkyun is a young omega who lost his home, his pack and his mother to another wolf pack. The alpha wolf of... More

Chapter 1 : Away from home
Chapter 2: Enemy's Pack
Chapter 3: Mate
Chapter 4: Jooheon
Chapter 5: Not Safe
Chapter 6: Secrets Hurt
Chapter 7: Decision
Chapter 8: Goodbye Jooheon
Chapter 9: Omegas on the run and Alphas on the hunt.
Chapter 10: Part I. Dead
Chapter 11: Part II. Dead
Chapter 13: Part II. On our way to a better place
Chapter 14: Precious Moments
Chapter 15: Guilty Conscious
New Jookyun Books!
Chapter 16: A Fresh Start
Chapter 17: 5 months later
Chapter 18: Welcome Home
Chapter 19: Changkyun
Chapter 20: MiMi
Chapter 21: Part. I - The Blue Moon pack
Away From You 19k!
Chapter 22: Part II. The Blue Moon Pack
Chapter 23: The Worst for the Better
Chapter 24: Home
Thank You
Chapter 25: Let me fix you
Chapter 26: I'm Sorry
Chapter 27: Please Forgive Me
Chapter 28: Unexpected
Chapter 29: Together Again
Chapter 30: My First Time
Chapter 31: Be Careful
Chapter 32: I Will Protect You
Chapter 33: Felix
Chapter 34: [Filler] Life at the Orphanage
Chapter 35: [Filler] Let's Just Be Together
Chapter 36: [Filler] Gunhee's Troubles
Chapter 37: [Filler] Minhyuk the shipper
Chapter 38: [Filler] Part One: New life at the pack
Chapter 39: [Filler] Part Two: New life at the pack
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HONEY
Untitled
Away From You 2
Chapter 40: Alone in the forest
Chapter 41: Captured
Chapter 42:The Truth in Lies
Chapter 43: Forever Silent
Chapter 44: Our dirty little secret
Chapter 45: The competition
Chapter 46: Patch things up
Chapter 47: A Post it

Chapter 12: Part I. On our way to a better place

1.9K 113 54
By nikkiyeollie

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :. ───

Chapter Twelve: On our way to a better place

Part I. Changkyun and Diana

A/N: Special chapter. Pls enjoy and ignore if what I write makes no sense. Follow, like and comment pls ^^

(picture of scenery is on top)

Changkyun

Beautiful.

That was the first word that popped into my head when me and Diana crossed the bridge and walked onto the street where humans constantly came by in cars or exercise with jogging. It was a beautiful place, filled with so many healthy yellow trees and a very nice street that wasn't broken by wild wolves cuz seriously... you could easily tell it was a free wolf zone because of how clean and undamaged the place was.

The air felt so much lighter, so much sweeter. I felt like the fresh air was hugging my lungs, I could feel the freshness inside my body and it felt so damn good. I wanted to walk and enjoy the amazing scenery that was before me but my tired legs gave out of me causing me to drop on the ground.

"Are you okay?" the female alpha wolf came quickly to pick me up but I stopped her from doing so because I knew I didn't had the strength to even stand up.

With a big smile on my face, I told Diana I was fine. I saw her raise an eyebrow at me and all I could do was smile like an Idiot.

"Stop smiling," Diana chuckled "you're creeping me out."

I laughed heartily at her words and decided to explain why I felt so damn happy at the moment.

"Sorry, is just that freedom tastes really good." I said glancing at the road ahead, there were many trees and between the trees you could see the beautiful mountains. I could walk and run to my hearts content here and wouldn't have to worry about rogues or Jooheon to catch me because I was free.

"Freedom can be bliss but it also can be lonely." said Diana crouching down next to me with a small smile on her porcelain face. I tilted my head to the side like a small child that didn't understand the words she just said. Diana chuckled at my reaction and proceeded to help me get up to later help me climb on her back.

My cheeks burned up when I realized Diana was actually gonna give me a piggyback ride... my heart was pounding like crazy inside my chest when I felt how she held my legs firmly on her sides and told me with a sweet voice to wrap my arms around her neck so that I wouldn't fall off. I eagerly did what she told me and even dared to smile at how close we were at the moment.

Shen even smelled good.

She smelled like sweet vanilla mixed with fresh raspberries.

Very sweet.

So sweet that it made me want to cuddle her... Okay, changkyun stop... you just met her for God's sake...

I could even hear my inner wolf laughing at me!

Ugh!

Diana proceeded to walk down the street with me on her back. We both were quiet, we were enjoying the soft breezes on our faces and for the first time since we stepped on the road, we saw a few cars drive by. I got so excited that I moved suddenly and Diana almost fell on her face. I quickly apologized and she just laughed it off telling me to enjoy myself as much as I wanted without killing her. Lol

Minutes went by and we were still making our way to town on foot. Well, Diana was, I was being carried on piggyback the whole time so yeah. I was trying not to think about Jooheon or Minhyuk... and all those wolves I left behind ... I just didn't want to... So I pushed those thoughts to the darkest depth of my mind and focused on what was right in front of me.

"So freedom is bliss?" I heard Diana ask.

"Well yeah, it feels that way right now."

"You know, all my life I've wanted to be free like a bird. To run away from all the responsibilities, the problems and when I did ran away and came here to live between the humans that seem to had it so easy.. Well, I realized that it's lonely and sad. I realized that those responsibilities were the things that made me feel alive and gave me strength to start a new day, no matter how hard it was." Diana turned her head to to have a quick glimpse at me "Those responsibilities kept me sane, and now that I'm living away from those responsibilities I feel all alone."

"Why you feel alone?"

Diana sighed biting her upper lip in thought "because once you run away from all that you know to start fresh on another place you realize you are all alone. You have no one to talk to, no one who understands you... is just you and a very lonely house. There's no one to hold you when you are sad or worried, there's no one that cares. When you are free you are also lonely. You are on your own and you sometimes start questioning yourself, you ask yourself if you even matter. Was running away worth it? If it was then why do I feel so alone and sad? You always tend to ask yourself those questions Kyun. Always." she said "and then after a while you realize that you left people that loved you behind. They suffer, they cry and blame themselves because they believe they were the reason why you left."

"Oh." my heart sank when a mental image of Jooheon came to mind.

"So Changkyun, is it worth it to run away from your pack?" her question came unexpectedly. A sigh left my lips when I thought of an answer.

"Yeah.."

"I just want you to be sure."

"I am sure."

"I don't want you to regret your decision."

I forced a chuckle "I won't. Stop worrying about me. I will be okay."

I heard Diana sigh and I just smiled to myself telling myself that Jooheon will be better off without a useless omega like me.

I knew I won't ever regret my decision of running away because I was sure it was for a good purpose. Diana might not understand me much yet but I really hoped she would in the future.

I silently wondered about the things that Diana wanted to be free from... I wanted to ask but I wasn't sure if I could... What if she gets mad and drops me off my butt and leaves me stranded?

Diana seemed to noticed I was mentally struggling and she laughed "I can feel you fretting. What's up?"

"Umm, what happened? From who or from what did you run away from to be free? ... if you don't mind me asking of course."

Diana kept walking at her good pace, she had a good hold of me and together we agreed that it was time for a short break. She found a good place for us to sit that was on the side of the road and we went there to sit on some huge rocks that were embedded into the ground. I didn't push the alpha to answer me right away, I wanted to her to take her sweet time to tell me... If she does.

My rock was a big one, big enough for me to lie down on my back and stare peacefully at the sky that was slowly darkening.

Noon was soon to be evening.

It was pretty relaxing. To be laying on top of a rock without a care in the world. Just laying down feeling the cars drive by and the people walk by us. The chatter was nice to hear too. Humans talked of ordinary things like groceries, food, school, work, and dates. Things you barely hear about at your wolf community.

Humans were really interesting.

I was enjoying my time watching the humans that I didn't see or felt when Diana sat down next to me. I wasn't startled, more like glad.

Her short black hair moved with the wind, her dark strands of hair were happily dancing with the wind and her eyes were glowing with amusement when she caught me staring. My cheeks went hot when I abruptly looked away from her even tho it was already too late.

Damn it.

Diana just laughed it off, I shyly looked back at her and saw her laugh that was incredibly cute.

She was charming for an alpha who are usually rough, arrogant and many other things.. But Diana was different. She was alluring, charming, lovely, friendly and very attractive... I can't ignore that no matter how hard I try.

I mean, can a mated wolf like me even get attracted to other wolves???

I'm already tangled up with Jooheon and here I am noticing things from a female alpha that I just met.

I sighed taking my eyes away from her to look down at my small hands, the small hands that held beautiful pale ones a while ago.

Jooheon's hands.

I admit he has gorgeous hands.

They were pretty huge on mine but they were also soft and caring.

Now, why am I thinking of him?

No, noooo not now.

I shook my head to get Jooheon out of my mind and that's when I felt them. Two small hands wrapped themselves around my small ones.

My eyes widened when I looked up to find Diana smiling when she held my hands. They were incredibly warm and very comforting. My mind went blank when my eyes met bright blue/grey eyes.

"I wanted to be free." she started and I was completely thrown off. I thought she would make a move on me... well oops... Shame on me.. " free from my parents, the drinking, the fights, the constant fears, being trash to everyone, the bullying, the hate... I wanted to run away from everyone and from everything." her lips quivered and tears gathered on her bright eyes "I wanted to set myself free, do whatever I wanted, be whoever I wanted to be, but I realized that without the things that made me sad, or depressed, I could become even weaker because of the loneliness."

I slowly used the sweater paws of the sweater that Diana gave me to wiped her tears away which she looked she was grateful for.

"I wanted to run away from the things that made me sad, but without them I feel empty. I guess I need someone to distract me from my pain and my loneliness." she gripped my hands a little tighter placing her head on top of my right shoulder so that she could feel more at ease. "I tried to make friends here but.."

"No one understands you." I finished for her and she agreed with a small sad smile. "Humans don't know about werewolves and it's better if they don't know about them. They can't understand how incredibly close we are to our family that once we are away from them we suffer a lot and they can't understand the pain we feel when we don't find a mate."

"I'm sorry."

"Nah, don't apologize." she lifted her head from my shoulder to wipe away the few remaining tears. "now I've got you! We can be friends right?"

"Of course we can."

"We both went through a lot."

"Yep"

"Now that I know you are serious about finding your answers ... I think I will tag along with you and make sure you do."

"R-Really?"

"Sure, why not. You need a badass wolf like me to protect you."

"Thanks."

We both smiled at each other.

"Ready to get going?"

I nodded getting on my feet that no longer were tired. "Let's go."

"Let's go find your friend."

To be continued:

Part II will be about Kihyun and the girls ^^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.1K 3.1K 42
After being sold off to Jooheon, Changkyun tries to fight off against his cruel and malicious behavior, but only finds himself finding the truth abou...
32.6K 1.4K 18
Changkyun is just a college student. In his world, there's such a thing as soulmates. You can have one or many, having a soulmate means that you are...
7.1K 540 39
different feelings everyday is a struggle already, but maybe one more won't hurt? the strong feeling of love is just right to erase everything bad. i...
6.9K 504 9
Jooheon falls in love with the boy of his dreams. Literally. Monsta X: Jooheon/Joohoney x Changkyun/I.M. #1 in #Jookyun 200505