Love... What Bullshit!!!

By Navya_Mishra

Two unknown people... Both incomplete in their own ways!!! Will they be able to complete each other?? Fill i... More

Part 1
Characters
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18:
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35:
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
😡😡😡
Part 41
Part 42
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Question!
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Part 73
Part 74
Part 75
Part 76
Part 77
Part 78
Part 79
Part 80
Part 81
Part 82
Part 83
Part 84
Part 85
Part 86
Part 87
Part 88
Part 89
Part 90
Part 91
Hang in there...
Part 92
Part 93
Part 94
Part 95
Part 96
Part 97
Part 98
Part 99
Part 100
Part 101
Part 102
Part 103
Part 104
Part 105
Part 106
Thanks!
Epilogue!
There?
New Story Alert: The Fall...

Part 43

9.2K 945 94
By Navya_Mishra

Manik: Nandini, are u done? We r leaving....
Manik said barging in Nandini's cabin the next day as she worked.

Nandini: Uhm...
Nandini cleared her throat making him look up from his watch when he saw a middle aged couple sitting in front of Nandini, as she sat there on the couch with her sheets spread in front of her.

Manik: Oh I didn't know u had company.... Sorry to interrupt.
He gave a polite nod to the couple receiving their smiles.

Nandini: Anyways, Meet Mr. Manik Malhotra.... And Manik, these are Mr. and Mrs. Shah, we'll be constructing a home for them, on their plot in Mud Island.

Manik: Hello!
Manik said shaking hands with the guy, before he joined them, taking a seat next to Nandini.

The couple smiled at it when the lady spoke up,
Mrs. Shah: U two really do look great together!

Both Manik and Nandini got alerted by her comment while the lady's husband shushed her up.

Mrs. Shah: Ohh Aren't u both together? I just saw all those pictures in the newspapers today and thought so.

She apologized politely when Manik suddenly asked,
Manik: Newspapers? What pictures are u talking about?

Mr. Shah: The Mumbai Mirror...
The guy too joined in this time only for Manik to exchange a short glance with Nandini before he got up.

Manik: U continue, I'll just wait for u over here...

He moved towards the other end of the cabin and sat on the chair, taking out his phone and searching for the news article the couple was talking about. He found the article and saw a big picture of Fab5 entering the venue in all their might. A similar look of proud and accomplishment came onto his face like everytime, when he saw Fab5 touching heights.

He scrolled down the screen and read the article,
"The last night in the city of dreams passed in the beautiful Music being busted through the speakers. Our favorite Fab5 launched another beautiful album for the Q-Label production house.

Love was clearly in the air as the Romantic Album hit the floor with an equally amazing party, which had all the big faces of the industry grooving together onto the beats. The album seems already an hit as it ranked the No. 1 position on the YouTube Trending list, in just a day.

To make the night even special the guys of the band went on for an impromptu live performance right when the night started getting on tracks. Manik Malhotra along with his friends and band members, Cabir Dhawan and Dhruv Vedant performed a beautiful romantic track from the Album which as he said, "Was on a very special Request, from an even more special Person!!!"

Until now words about the love life of this Lead Singer have always been the least. Though all the other members of the band have been open about their relationship status always, Manik Malhotra has never been heard to be in one. And looking upon his large fan following comprising a very bigger ratio of females, he was surprising always outside the limelight when it came to his Romantic Life.

Whispers have naturally been going from ear to ear now, on who this Special Person could be. What also interested many eyes was the lead's constant company and date to the party. The ever so growing young Businessman, was seen with a beautiful lady close on his side all throughout the party. Recognized as Nandini Kapoor, the Head Design Consultant in the RM Heights, she was the only person to be invited to the party, who was not from the 'Flash and Click' Industry.

'Manik Sir and Nandini Ma'am do own a very close bond between them. They are very good friends and are seen together quite a lot in Office', came a word from an inner source of the RM Heights.

Lets see if this is another pair coming along with a 'Just Friends' tag line or if the Singer-Businessman is still single and waiting to find his soulmate. "

A silent chuckle escaped his mouth reading the article as he shook his head. Scrolling further down, he saw a picture of the two of them from the party as he stood with his arm casually draped around her.

About 15-20 mins later, Nandini finished with the meeting and the couple left.
Manik: Now... Pack ur stuff! We r leaving!

Nandini: Where?

Manik: Mom asked me to tell u to take proper rest tonight so that u could be completely fresh for tmrw evening's engagement party. But I don't think there could be a place better than the hill to relax!

Nandini: Ohk then... Lets go to the hill but we'll hv to leave soon as I have a meeting fixed at 9 tonight.
Nandini said gathering her stuff when Manik asked,

Manik: Meeting at 9pm..... About what?

Nandini stopped at his question and thought for a minute before replying softly,
Nandini: With Dad's lawyer.... With this wedding, I want to start afresh... I want to end all that crap going on with Mr. And Mrs. K.

Manik nodded in understanding before moving forward as he held her hand,
Manik: U want me to come with u?

Nandini: Umn... No!! I want to do this alone.... This has to be done my way!

Manik smiled at her confident reply and nodded at her telling her that it was the right thing to do.

As planned they spent some comfortable quite time at the hill. Sitting next to each other and watching the city lights twinkling under the dark sky in the pure silence all around. Even though the talking part was minimal, they felt each other's presence and that made it perfect.

Soon it was time for Nandini to leave when they decided to move.

Nandini: I'll see u tmrw, at the Malhotra Mansion then?

Manik: Ohk... But don't take long over there and just rest properly today Okay?

Nandini: I will...
Nandini said nodding at him as she got into her car. Manik closed the door for her and bent to the window.

Manik: Bye... Good night!

Nandini: Bye!
With that Nandini drove away to the Lawyers office. She reached their right on time and was soon summoned to his cabin.

Nandini: Good evening Uncle!
Nandini smiled at the Old Man entering his cabin. Getting an even warmer smile from the man she was pulled into a hug as he said,

Lawyer: Oh the little girl has grown up into a beautiful lady haan!

Nandini chuckled at his words as he broke the hug and pointed towards the couch telling Nandini to settle down.

Lawyer: To start with I m really sorry for calling u this late.

Nandini: No need to apologize uncle. In fact I appreciate that u could manage this at such a last moment, just on my request.

Lawyer: Its completely fine.... Anyways, What can this Old Man help u with today?
The man asked coming onto work making Nandini smile.

Nandini: Umn... Two things actually, 1st is that I want to have another appointment fixed with u on the 25th of this month.

Lawyer: 25th? Anything special...

Nandini sighed at it picking up her bag as she replied,
Nandini: Nothing special as such.... Other than the fact that I m getting married!

Forwarding an invitation card towards him, Nandini saw a broad smile come up on his face.
Lawyer: Oh my God... Congratulations! Wow...

He took the card and had a look before speaking up.
Lawyer: Manik Malhotra.... Wow! Well, lets just say I didn't expect this good news tonight. Its so sudden.

Nandini: Nah... Not that sudden actually! Its just that the two of us decided to keep our relationship a secret all this time and so nothings out yet. Though tmrw is the small engagement party after which we r thinking to come through.

Lawyer: I m so happy for u! Congrats...

Nandini: Thank u uncle.... And now that I m done with my 1st task over here, moving on...

Nandini said before taking a pause as she took a deep breath, mustering up her courage and continued,

Nandini: I want to look into Dad's Will Uncle.... I mean I know that he left everything on my name with me as the power of attorney as well.... And about 25% with... Mrs. Kapoor as the second power right?

Lawyer: Yes... That's right!

Nandini: I know I told u that I don't want to look into all this... But I guess its time now! I want to take control over things properly.

The lawyer nodded at her as he got up from his place and moved towards the closet on the other end taking out a few files. He got back to Nandini and sat as he started,

Lawyer: Ohk so as u know the 75% that ur father bought on ur name, includes his various properties. The Family Mansion in Manglore, where ur Amms stays, the farmhouse in the outskirts of Mumbai, his office which is now given out on rent to a group of small industries and along with that a few holiday homes in different countries. All of it is on ur name legally, and now that u r an adult and getting married, U can decide what u have to do with all of it, that is whether u wanna keep it or sell it or anything else. The keys to all these are kept in a safe, which I'll inform u after this meeting.

Nandini nodded at him taking a look at the files that he handed over to her.
Nandini: Umn.... This is too much! I knew it was big but I didn't know it was this much... I mean this.... Is like A Lot...

The lawyer chuckled at her and agreed,
Lawyer: Well... Ur father was a rich Man girl! U were just 4, I didn't really expect u to know the details. Anyways, as I said its all urs, U have to decide how u use this property or just keep it for use as ur father did.

Nandini: No Uncle.... This is all Dad's. I mean I know its on my name, I m his daughter and all that, but the truth still remains that its all his and I can never truly call it mine......

The lawyer tried to speak up against it but Nandini spoke again.
Nandini: I have decided that I m gonna reconstruct all his property here in Mumbai. I'll sell off a few of his shares and then use this money to start Orphanages and Old Age homes in place of that..... If anything, I think this is the best use of everything that he has left me.

The lawyer heard her and chuckled looking at the files,
Lawyer: U know u remind me of ur father.... No matter how little time u gotta spend with him, there is something in u that is completely like him..... Ur heart!! Frankly speaking, after ur mother remarried, I was really concerned about u, after all ur father was not just my client but a very dear friend as well.
I knew u were in boarding and all, but somewhere down the line I was concerned about the person u would grow up to be.... The lack of family does destroy people.... But u did prove me wrong, and I m sure ur father would have been very proud of u today!

Nandini bit her lip not willing to shed tears as she smiled softly at the Old Man.
Nandini: Thank u Uncle... But to be frank, the only reason why I m here today is to get the keys of the Moorthy Mansion from u. I mean, with all this happening around, I need some closure before starting this new life and the only way to that is home. I wanna be home, I wanna feel the warmth of that place again.

The lawyer looked confused by Nandini's words as he looked back down to his files.
---------------------------------------------------------

Later that night, Rishab got home quite late after attending a house party at one of his friends place.

Rishab: Shit... Di is gonna be damn pissed today.
He said to his friend as he was dropped home.

"Chill Man... Its just 12:30! She'll understand... Ur Di is too cool."
His friend replied pulling into the Kapoor Mansion while Rishab shook his head.

Rishab: Yeah... But not when it comes to me. I m half an hour late than my curfew.

"Haha... U r the first guy I know who is more scared about his Di than his parents. And why do u still have a curfew Man, we aren't kids anymore.."

Rishab: Well that's coz she cares... Anyways thanks Bud, I'll see u tmrw!
Rishab got down the car rushing inside and went straight to Nandini's room. He knocked on the door a couple of times but didn't get any response.

Rishab: She might have fallen asleep!
He said to himself before opening up the door softly, not willing to disturb her. But to his surprise the room was empty with no sign of Nandini anywhere.

Rishab: Hasn't Di returned home yet?
He wondered taking out his phone and dialed her number. Getting no response from the other side he tried again. Trying a couple of times again and getting no response even on his 4th call, he moved out of the room and found the servant,

Rishab: Kaka... Di isn't home yet! Did she inform u anything??

The servant looked at him confused until realization drew over him.
Servant: Madam did come home a few hours earlier.... She was very angry. She went directly to the study and then all I know she had some argument with ur parents, especially with ur mother after which she left again.

Rishab: Argument? About what?

Servant: I don't know that.... But it seemed big!
The servant replied slowly bowing his head.

Rishab: Shit... At what time did this happen?

Servant: She came home at around 10:30 and went back half an hour later....

Rishab sighed audibly at it, moving his fingers through his hair as he turned to leave when the servant spoke up again.

Servant: I tried stopping her, but she was very angry. She didn't even take her car while leaving.... She walked out straight.

Rishab: What? Walked...
Rishab asked taking out his phone as he dialed her cell again, this time tensed about her whereabouts. He called a couple of times but didn't get any response again.

"Jiju!" he said to himself and dialed Manik's number. Manik received his call after the third ring,

Manik: Hello!!

Rishab: Jiju... Plz can u give the phone to Di for a second!

Manik: Champ!!
Manik said alerted from the other end when Rishab heard some ruffling.

Manik: What happened? Why are u calling so late? Is everything alright?

Rishab realized his sleepy tone and asked slowly,
Rishab: Di is with u, right?

Manik: Nandini... No! Why?

Taking a deep breath, rishab looked at the time again, worrying about Nandini as he narrated everything that he knew to Manik.
"I tried calling her a lot of times, but she isn't answering...."

Manik: Champ... Relax! U don't worry... I'm leaving, I'll find her... Till then u stay there okay and call me if she reached home.

Rishab: But jiju-

Manik: Rishu.... Trust me and stay there okay?

Rishab: Okay...
Rishab said nodding at him as he disconnected the call. Manik rushed out of his house and dialled Nandini's number. He knew Nandini would be at someplace to be alone. The Hill or the Marine Drive being his best guesses.

Calling her phone again and again manik drove to the hill, he parked his car at the side and got down, still calling her when finally the call was received from the other side. Stopping on his tracks he breathed hard.

Manik: Hello Nandini....

The pitch silence from the other end scared him when he asked,
Manik: Hello... Nandini are u there?

"Yes..."

Sighing in relief Manik leaned onto the car as he asked,
Manik: Where are u?

Not getting a reply again he spoke up in a softer tone,
Manik: Nandini.... Plz Speak up na baba! Where are u? U r fine right?

Nandini: Hmn....

Looking at his watch Manik noticed the time to be 1:30 am and continued,
Manik: Are u at the hill?

Nandini: No....

Manik: Will u send me ur location? It's quite late, I m coming to u okay?

Nandini: Hmn...
Her monosyllables weren't doing any good to calm him down when he said again,
Manik: Nandini... Say okay!

Nandini: Okay....

Disconnecting the call, Manik got into the car. Holding the steering wheel tight, he closed his eyes trying to calm his frantic breaths. But nothing worked, he knew he would be fine only after having her in front of him, safe and sound.

His phone pinged with an incoming msg, he picked it up to see a location sent by Nandini. Opening it up, he noticed an unknown location near the Bandra station.

Manik: What are u doing there Nandini?
Manik thought as he started the car and drove towards her. On his way he msged Rishab that Nandini is safe and was now with him.

20 mins later, he parked his car in a semi residential area. Looking all around he just saw the deserted road along the line of bungalows. On the other side of the road, was a small garden making him sure of Nandini's presence over there. He entered the garden and looked all around trying to find her, the darkness of the night taking its toll made it even more difficult for him to find her, until he spotted a fountain on the corner of the garden and there she was, sitting on the edge of it, with her eyes staring into the nothingness of the night.

Rushing forward, he reached right in front of her only to stop in his tracks out of shock. There in front of him sat an unknown broken, helpless girl. Soaking wet in water from head to toe, with her hair ruffled, sticking on her cheeks and her entire body shivering in the cold wind but nothing seemed to be reaching her head.

Manik: Nandini....
He called her out softly, making her look up at him, when he noticed her eyes which had now turned red due to her continuous tears. A fresh tear flowed down her eyes making him move ahead as he grabbed her arms, pulling her out of the fountain's range and hugged her tight.

Enveloping her in both his arms, he took a deep breath finally calming down when Nandini lifted up her arms and hugged him back tighter. He let her be for as long as she wanted. Though all he could think of at that moment was the reason of her condition, but he knew this wasn't the right time for it.

Manik: Come, I'll take u home...
He whispered after a long time only to have her hide further into him.

Manik: Ohk Ohk fine... We are not going home! Lets just move from here plz, u r soaking wet and u need to change.

Getting no sign of resistance from her side, he simply picked her up in his arms and walked her towards the car. Making her comfortable in the car he too took his seat, as he started the engine. Driving to his destination, he saw silent tears still flowing down her eyes as much as she tried to hide it from him. Entwining his fingers with hers, Manik continued driving and then stopped the car hardly 5 minutes later.

Getting out of the car, he moved to the other side, and picked Nandini up in his arms again. Instead of her all time protesting, this time she wrapped her arms tightly around his and hid her face in his neck.

Getting into the building, Manik took the lift and took them to the 8th floor, before ringing the door bell of a flat a couple of times.

"Coming...." he heard a lazy voice from the other end of the door until sleepy cabir opened up the door.

Cabir: Manik!
Cabir exclaimed in surprise, all his sleep now gone.

Manik: Need the guest room tonight buddy...

Manik said simply without any further explanation. Cabir looked at him and then at Nandini, who had her face conveniently hidden in the crook of his neck. He immediately moved aside, nodding at Manik, and letting him come inside. Manik passed a small smile to him and moved inside and straight into the guest room and then the washroom. He made Nandini sit on the tub's edge as he picked up a towel and passed it to her.

Manik: We need to get u dry Nandini.... U freshen up, I'll ask cabir for some clothes for u...

Earning a slight nod from her he moved out to find Cabir right outside the room.
Manik: Umn... Can I get a something for Nandini to wear?

Cabir nodded at him and moved to his room while Manik just stood there trying to process everything in his head. Nandini was too much shattered right now and he didn't even know what was the reason behind it.

Cabir: Manik..... Here!
Cabir came back and handed him over a spare dress of Navya's. Manik nodded at him and was about to move back inside when Cabir stopped him,

Cabir: Take this also... These are for u, even u are wet by now.

Manik: Thanks buddy.... Tu jaa so jaa ab, it's quite late!

Cabir: Cool.... Good night and yes, wake me up if u need something.

After Nandini got ready, Manik went to change. He returned back into the room a few minutes later to find Nandini sitting still on the bed. He took a seat by her side and asked softly,

Manik: Do u want something to eat?

Nandini didn't say anything as an answer but just shook her head in a No.

Manik: Have u had dinner?
He asked again and this time too received just a head shaking sideways.

Manik: Coffee?

Nandini: Manik....

Manik: Hmn!

Nandini: I want to sleep.... Can I plz sleep now?
She whispered in a barely audible voice making him sigh as he nodded.

They lay on the bed when Nandini moved closer to him, resting her head onto his chest. Manik wrapped his arm around her, holding her firmly as he heard her peaceful breathing.

Nandini: Thank u for being here!
She whispered to him slowly. Manik placed a soft kiss onto her hair before replying,
Manik: Thank God u r safe.... U scared me tonight!

Nandini: I m sorry....

Manik: No need to apologize, just plz don't repeat that ever again Nandini.... I m right here okay?

Nandini: I know....
She replied again as he felt her voice breaking up again. A tear rolled down her face onto his T-Shirt making Manik immediately wipe it off,

Nandini: She snatched every last memory of my entire childhood from me today....

Manik: Shhh... Just sleep okay! We'll talk tmrw.... Just sleep for now, I m here with u!

Earning another nod from her, Manik hugged her again as the two of them finally drifted into deep slumber.
---------------------------------------------

Happy Holiiiii People....😍😍😍😍😍

This was it for today!
Just one day to go before the engagement....

Do vote and comment ur views about the part??

Love,
Navya😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

267K 25.6K 47
Story of two best friends who struggle to explore their feelings for each other. Will they realise their love soon or it will be too late?
50.1K 2.4K 12
This is my first story trying to write. It is just for fun from my side. This track will start from Nandini admitted in hospital.
257K 15.1K 28
Speaking of Arranged Marriage people often think it doesn't work! Tons questions obviously arise :- How can two strangers spend their rest of lives...
3.6M 253K 151
#01 in fanfiction on 23/02/18 Nandini murthy:-) A girl full of life and fun, wants to be independent and stand on her own feet. Loves her family. Man...