Living With The Gangleader ✓

By Gemma_Grace_

It all pretty much started with one, a detention and two, a park bench. Baggy jumper, black skinny jeans, si... More

characters
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty - one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
epilogue
attention

twenty-eight

49.1K 1K 851
By Gemma_Grace_

R Y D E R ' S   P O V

I woke up to a small ticklish feeling, I realised it could only be one person.

Flo.

She traced my lips slowly with the pad of her small soft index finger, she then moved down to my jawline with the same light movements. She was being so gentle, like if she put any pressure down on the spots, she touched they would fade away or maybe she just simply didn't want to wake me up.

Shit Ryder you're so soft, What's wrong with you man?

Flo continued to trace my face and then move on to loosely playing with my hair, while I was pretending to be asleep, I didn't want her to stop I loved the way her fingers felt gliding across my face and combing through my silky dark hair.

This seemed to have gone on for what seemed like an hour but was probably only a mere ten minutes. I slowly opened my eyes to be met with tan skin and short blonde hair.

"Morning flower." I said with and obvious morning voice.

"Morning Ry." She said with a slight morning voice, it was so sexy and cute.

"Wait, Ry?" I asked a little to harshly.

She never calls me any nickname, well unless she's mimicking Jade by saying 'Ry Ry' which I absolutely hate being called. But 'Ry'? It's simple and cute, it's not cringy like snookums or sweetie pie.

I would know that both of those nicknames are the worst, I used to hook up with this chick called Isabella or maybe it was Arabella I'm not sure but either way she called me those nicknames and it made me want to vomit but she knew what she was doing in bed so I ignored it until I got sick of her.

"W-what?" She stuttered.

"What did you call me?" I asked teasing her. Something I definitely enjoyed doing, whenever she gets nervous, she starts to stutter and she bites her lip which she does without noticing how hot she looks doing it.

"I didn't call you anything." Flo said blushing.

Liar.

"No no, I'm pretty sure I heard you say something." I smirked as I wrapped my arms around her waist and resting my head on her chest again.

"You need hearing aids then." She laughed snuggling into me.

"Nah flower you just need to stop trying to deny that you called me R-" I said but got cut off half way.

"Fine just Shut up." Flo said rolling her eyes hazel eyes.

"Oh, my lord! Did The Flo Adams just swear?" I teased even more.

"N-no." She said nervously.

"I think you did." I smirked as she bites her lip.

"That's not a swear word Ryder." She said rolling her eyes while playing with my hair again.

"Yes, it is." I laughed.

"No it isn't." Flo said stubbornly.

"Fine fine, you win." I said giving in, which never happens.

"What's today?" She asked after a few minutes of silence.

"I believe its Monday." I said not caring it could possibly be a school day.

"Oh my, we have school! I can't be late!" She said trying to wriggle out of my arms, keyword 'try'.

"Can't we just stay here." I whined like a child as I held her tighter in my arms.

"No come on Ryder, we hardly went last week we are going to be so behind." She said sternly, something that doesn't happen often.

"Ugh we better hurry then." I said rolling my eyes.

"Yay thank you Ry." She said as I finally let her out of my tight grip.

There we go with the nickname again.

Within a few minutes we had managed to pack up all of the stuff we had bought to the cabin which was really only a few blankets, the picnic basket and a bit of rubbish. We put the few things in the back of my car and then left the beautiful clearing.

It would have had to have been fifteen minutes once I had locked the gate to my secret spot.

We had been sitting in complete silence except for the quiet radio playing in the background, every so often I would peak a glance over at Flo, she looked so beautiful wearing my grey sweatpants and a black singlet, the look was so simple but she made it look a hundred times better than anyone else could.

"What's going on in that pretty head of yours?" I asked looking over at her as she looked out the window.

"Nothing." she said way to quickly, a lie.

"Don't lie to me flower." I said a little to sternly.

"What made you join a gang?" She whispered, but I heard every word.

"Well I didn't really have a choice." I answered bluntly.

"What do you mean?" Flo asked a little louder.

"Well my father, he was the leader of the Forestview Vipers but he passed away just after the fire that killed my brother, Tyler was supposed to take over the gang if anything happened to my father, but they were both gone which meant the gang was left for me." I loosely explained

"I was born into it. My father, he was the first leader of the Forestview Vipers then it was my brother Tyler and then it would either be me or if Tyler had a boy he would be before me but, that didn't happen." I said pausing as it was still hard talking about my brother.

"Hey, it's okay you don't have to keep going, I understand." She said softly, putting her hand on mine.

"No, it's okay. I remember the day that my father told me I could become a gang leader, I remember telling him that I didn't want to and that I wanted to be an astronaut, he was so mad but he understood because I was so young, I remember all the training sessions my brother and I had to do, he was way better at throwing knives and fighting than I was." I smiled at the old memory as I kept my eyes glued to the road.

"I also remember a few weeks after the fire that killed my brother, my father came to me and told me that I would have to take over the gang since my brother was gone and he was getting to old. I was furious, I had so many plans and things I wanted to do but I couldn't now because of the gang I had to take over." I said going into detail.

"I remember getting into a massive argument about it I ended up telling him I hated him and that I never wanted to see him again. I obviously didn't mean it but about three hours later my mother came up to my room crying, she told me that my father was killed in a car crash. I couldn't stop thinking about how it was my fault that he died." I said as Flo rubbed calming patterns into my hand.

"Ryder it wasn't your fault, I know what it feels like." She said looking down into her lap.

"It wasn't yours either." I said knowing exactly what she meant.

"But anyway, as you can tell I took over the gang I want to avenge my brother and make my father proud." I said as I took her hand in mine and squeezed it.

"Ryder?" Flo's soft voice asked.

"Yes my flower?" I answered as we were almost at school.

"H-have you ever k-killed someone close to you? Or would you?" she asked innocently.

"My gang is a little different, we don't go killing whoever we want whenever we want, we kill people that are a major threat to us and our family's. To answer your question no I haven't and I could never imagine killing someone close to me." I answered truthfully as I pulled into the school parking lot.

"Come on we can't be late." I laughed as we both hopped out of my car and we made our way into the empty halls we were defiantly late.

I walked Flo to her locker even though she protested the whole time about how she didn't want me to get into trouble, I just ignored her. We walked down the hall to her first class as we were almost there, I quickly pushed her up against the wall of lockers, I stared into her eyes our faces were extremely close, her intoxicating vanilla scent found its way to my nose, as I leaned forward and kissed her right there in the hallway.

Just like yesterday she kissed me back, I decided to keep the kiss short and sweet kind of like her. I broke it after a few seconds, she looked like she wanted more, I told her we should have just stay at the cabin.

"I'll see you at lunch." I called out to Flo as I made my way down the hall as she blushed walking into her class.

***

The first two periods had consisted of me pretty much falling asleep in both classes and I earnt myself a detention for lighting a ciggarette in class with a Bunsen burner, I mean I should be getting suspended for the millionth time but the teacher said it was too much paper work so he decided to simply give me two weeks of detention, good old chemistry.

It was finally lunch time, I couldn't wait to sit down and eat some food, what I wasn't excited for was for jade to come and sit her bony ass on my lap, I mean Flo's curvy body should be sitting on my lap instead of that slut.

I walked into the cafeteria and everyone seemed to quiet down and their heads instantly look my way, girls drooled as I walked past, as their boyfriends seemed to glare at me in envy. While nerds and geeks seemed to shudder in fear as I past their tables.

I finally made it to my table, Flo, Maze, Alex and Will were all seated down at our usual, circular table that is positioned in the middle of the room. I was making my way to a gap that was next to Flo and Maze.

"That's one big bug bite." Alex blurted out as he was looking at Flo's neck.

"Alex!" Will yelled smacking him as he almost spat out is drink.

"W-what?" Flo asked nervously as I sat down next to her.

"You've got a big mark on your neck." Alex said not catching on to what it actually was.

"D-did you give me a." Flo paused whispering over to me not knowing how to finish what she was going to say.

"A hickey? Yes, yes I did." I smirked as she blushed but tried to be mad, which made her look cute.

"Ryder!" she whisper yelled.

"What type of bug could have bitten her that bad?" Alex asked as he shoved a handful of fries into his mouth.

"Alex, Ryder gave it to her." Maze said as Alex's eyes widened to the size of golf balls as started to choke on his chips.

"Ryder gave what to who?" Asked a squeaky voice.

"Ryder gave Flo a hickey." Alex said but thankfully his mouth was full and wills hand slapped over Alex's mouth so you could make out what he had just said.

We all sat there in silence for a few minutes, all of us trying to obviously come up with a random excuse for what jade had just heard.

"Ryder gave Maze a lift to school." Will blurted out as jade narrowed her eyes at him suspiciously.

"Oh, that's so nice of you Ry-Ry." she said as she came over to me and sat on my lap.

"Hey Flo what's that thing on your neck it looks like a hick-" Jade started to say but she was straight away cut off by Maze.

"I accidently burnt her with a curling iron." Maze said saving Flo.

"But didn't Ry-Ry pick you u-" she said but cut off by the bell ringing signalling lunch is over.

Everyone quickly got up and out of their seats and scurrying off to class leaving jade standing in the cafeteria by herself.

That was a close one.

***

The last two periods were hell, they were maths which wasn't too bad because Flo is in that class so I just threw paper at her, tried to listen to the teacher but I ended up falling asleep and then I texted Flo asking her what we were doing, I didn't get a text back which really hurt my feelings so I kept throwing paper at her back.

Now second class was different it was biology or science I always get them mixed up but anyway we have an assignment that requires us to be in pairs that the teacher choose last lesson and sadly I was partnered up with Flo she was instead with none other than Jace.

There was something about that guy that I just hated, now it wasn't because he was partnered up with Flo and it defiantly wasn't because he would make her laugh every few minutes.

That damn angelic like laugh echoed through the classroom multiply times that lesson and it wasn't me making her laugh which sucked. But what sucked even more was that I was paired up with Alex.

Don't get me wrong I love Alex, he's the little brother I never had and I don't know what I would do without the guy but shit he's nowhere near smart he's the gut that thought a hickey was a bug bite for crying out loud.

The main problem here is that there's no way I'm smart enough and capable of doing this assignment all by myself.

The bell rang loudly finally signalling we could go home. I was walking out of the classroom and about to lean against the wall just outside the classroom and wait for Flo when I remembered that I had an after-school detention.

Now you're probably thing Ryder you're the gang leader a bad boy even just don't go and go home instead, well I can't, I mean I can but that would result in me having to go to a weekend detention and there's no way I'm going to one of those again the police come and get you and make sure you go it's crazy.

So I made my way to the detention room, I sat down in the back and grabbed out my phone to text Flo to tell her that I won't be able to drop her home for an hour so she'll have to get a ride with someone else, but I noticed I had already gotten a text from her it said:

"I'm going to Jaces to started the group assignment, ill be home later."

You've got to be fucking kidding me.

Hey Hi Hello💛

I'm back!! I'm so sorry I was going to try and get a new chapter up awhile ago but I just couldn't.

I hope you like Ryder's POV and how you got to know more about how he feels about being in a gang.

It's so late so I'm sorry for any mistakes when I finish this book I'm going to go back and edit it so don't worry.

Plus I'm sorry if the paragraphs are a bit chunky it really annoys me so please try to ignore it.

Please don't forget to vote and leave a comment💗

-GemmaGrace🌻

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 286 71
Dylan Caldwell is a gang leader. SHE is 16. That's right folks! A female gang leader! Woohoo! Dylan meets the school badboy Ryder Lynch and they find...
6.8M 163K 46
He's a bad boy She's a good girl While he's out causing trouble, she's locked up safely in her room doing homework He pushes everyone away, she has...
1.8M 51.9K 52
Bad ass Katrina Moores. Beautiful, stubborn, rule breaker and has a potty mouth. But she has a dark secret, something she's been hiding for a very l...
7.7K 327 13
Ryder is a student at Phoenix High School. He's that weird emo kid who cuts daily, gets bullied frequently, and to top it all off, he's gay. He's for...