1) The Tracker's Eyes [Wolfbl...

By Aspiring-Writer14

Silver Morris is the twin sister of Rhydian Morris, the wolfblood who left Stoneybridge last year, to find hi... More

Through the Streets
The Ancien
Anchors
The Moon's Pull
The Den
Ultimatum
Morwal
Selina Khan
Official
The Human Liar
Holly

Dark Moons

287 4 1
By Aspiring-Writer14

{Silver's POV}

"Dark Moons suck." Matei said, lying back next to me, on the roof. We were lying on the roof of his house, and we were watching the stars.

"No hearing. No sight. No veins. No glowing eyes. No strength or speed. No fighting. Exhausted all the time." He said and I looked at him.

"Starting to feel it?" I asked, and he looked at me and nodded, almost breaking his jaw with a yawn.

"Let's go downstairs." I said, as we slipped back down, into his room through his window.

Matei looked at me, and I sighed.

"Fine." I said, and he looked at me, his eyes sparking, with the last of his wolf powers until the day after tomorrow.

"You were gonna stay anyways. You know that I can calm you down with your nightmares Silver Morris." He said, and I looked at him, and sighed.

He moved over, so now I had more space, and I lay next to him, and felt his arms around me, in the familiar, warm cage.

I felt the Dark Moon, doing it's work fast, and I fell asleep quickly within minutes. Still in the protective cage, that was Matei's arms around me.

I heard Matei's alarm going off, and he grunted and slapped it, effectively snoozing it.

I curled up tighter, and the alarm went off again, 3 minutes later. I groaned, and clamped my hands, tightly over my ears.

"Oh you two are going to be in so much trouble." And I opened my tightly closed eyes, to see Emilia there, her hair tousled from just getting out of bed. "Go away."

Matei groaned, and grabbed a pillow, and slammed it over his face. "Mum! Matei and..." And Matei was up, and out of bed in an instant for a human, slamming the door in Emilia's face.

He locked it, and climbed back into bed with me, his arms around me.

"Silver. What were Dark Moons like in the Wild?" He mumbled in my ear, and I blinked my eyes open again.

"In the Wild. We would always hunt enough for the entire next day, for the whole pack."

"Before the Dark Moon rose to doom us all, to a day of being a human." I said, and turned to face him.

"I hate to do this, but we need to get up." I said and he looked at me. "My door is locked." He said and I looked at him. "Locks can be broken."

I said, and he looked at me. "We can move the desk." He said and I looked at him. "Not as easily as we could've yesterday." I countered and he sighed.

"Are you now making a career out of annoying me half to death?" He asked and I looked at him.

"No. Just trying to be the logical one. For once in my life." I said, and he looked at me.

"I prefer the other Silver."

He said, and I looked at him.

"Some days. So do I." And he kissed me, and suddenly a pounding on the door broke us apart.

"Silver Morris! Matei Covaci! You two unlock this door this instant!" Matei's foster mother shouted, and Matei and I looked at each other.

"We are so screwed." I said, and he looked at me. "Yeah I think so." He said, and I pulled on my jacket, and he pulled on his shirt and jacket.

He unlocked the door and his foster mother stood there. "Use protection. It's all I wanted to say. You can skip today." And I looked at Matei, with raised eyebrows, as we shut the door.

"But why does he get to skip school?!"

Emilia complained loudly, so loudly in fact, that we didn't even need our wolf hearing to hear her yelling.

"Because your brother is not the one who is failing rather spectacularly in History."

And I groaned. "I hate history." I said, and he looked at me. "Unless it's about the wild." He said and I sighed.

"Touché."

I said, as Emilia stormed out of the house, letting the door slam as hard behind her as she could, in fury and anger.

"You don't have to answer this."

Matei said, and I rolled over to face him. "What's the question?" I asked and he looked at me and nodded at the burn scar on my face and neck. "How old were you?" He asked and I looked at him and moved my hair to cover it, most of it anyways.

"7. It was my birthday. I was tracking Aran and Meinir, for it was my final assessment, before Alric, Jana's father, proclaimed me a full Tracker, with all the perks associated and whatever."

I said, and he looked at me. "Aran and Meinir had changed into wolves, but I could still follow with Eolas. Then, a campfire from humans had gotten too out of control for them to stop."

"I could hear Meinir, howling, because she was stuck under a tree, and she couldn't move it."

"She didn't even have room to shift back Matei." I said, and exhaled heavily, before continuing.

"I found Aran running towards me, telling me that Alric had told him that this was part of the test."

And I bit my lip hard.

"The fire. The humans."

"Meinir under a tree. It was all only a test to see if I could make it among the Wild Pack. Among my family."

"So I ran into the burning trees, and managed to get the logs off of Meinir, who immediately ran off, without so much as a nod."

"Then I tried to run out of those hell and godforsaken flames, but I lost my footing."

"Aran and Meinir were told to intervene if something was wrong, and apparently this wasn't."

"Only when half of my face and neck was on fire, did they allow me mum to help me."

"I didn't... I woke up a week later, to my little brother Bryn, 1 year old, sitting next to me, with my mum sitting there, holding my hand."

I said, and shut my eyes tightly.

"I walked into the camp and everyone stopped dead, not expecting me to be standing there."

"Half of them not even believing it, that Silver Morris was standing there in front of them. Alric gave me my position as a Tracker from that day on." I said and he looked at me.

"No one questioned me after that. No one questioned me again." I said, and my phone rang. "What TJ?" I groaned into the phone. "It's Emilia."

And I looked at Matei, who stood up, immediately, as he was pulling on his jacket. "On our way. Stay at school."

I said and he sighed at me. "But she left school. I don't know where she is." TJ said and I looked at Matei. "Stay at school. We'll find her. I don't need my wolf senses to track down someone."

I said and hung up.

"Where would she go?"

I asked, looking at Matei.

"There's a couple places."

He said, and I looked at him.

"Use the door." I said quietly, and sympathetically, as his eyes, flicked towards the window. "Alright."

He said, growling slightly as we walked downstairs. "Have you finally decided to go to school anyways?"

His foster mother asked.

"Yes we have. Thanks."

Matei said, grabbing four burgers, and walking out. "Share some with Silver!" She called after us, and I shook my head. "Let's go before she ends up talking for all eternity."

Matei said, under his breath, as we walked, out of the door as quickly as we could. "Where can we look first?"

I asked quietly and he took off, at a frustratingly slow pace compared to our normal one, as we ran to the first possible place.

After checking the ruins of their old house, the school again, the Den, and hiding in the woods, we finally came to the last place, as the moon began to rise again.

I looked at Matei, unsure if I should go and intrude with him, but he reached out and grabbed my hand. "Come on."

He said, I looked at him, and with a slight nod, followed him into the dark cemetery.

We found Emilia quickly.

Since she was sitting next to the graves of their parents, her eyes welling over with tears. I looked at Matei, and he shook his head. I felt the power returning to my veins, as well as my eyes beginning to glow.

I knew that it was affecting Matei, as well, as soon as I felt his grip on my hand becoming stronger then before.

"Hey."

Matei said, and sat next to Emilia, and I sat next to the nearest gravestone to their parents ones, feeling it would be disrespectful at a time like this, to sit next to their parents' graves.

"Why is she here?"

Emilia asked impolitely. I lowered my head, finally remembering, why I had hesitated in the first place coming into the graveyard.

"I shouldn't have come." I said, and Matei grabbed my wrist, his grip on my arm almost painful. "Stay. Emilia needs to learn manners somehow."

He said, and I looked at him.

"Covaci."

I said quietly, and he looked at the grip, and I saw bruises. I pulled my wrist out of his tight grip and I saw the shock on his face.

"I'll see you guys both later."

I said quietly, and backed up, before running away from the graveyard as fast as I could.

"I ended up running. What should I do now?" I asked into the phone. I let the response go through.

"Alright then... I'll just wait before I come back." I said quietly and hung up. "What am I supposed to do now?" I asked quietly to myself, as I looked up at the shining moon.

1650 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.5K 3.6K 52
/Highest Ranking : #746 in werewolf 5-26-17 / Started: May 2017 / Ended: December 2017 "I can't," was my reply. "I just.... I c-can't." His concern s...
482K 14.9K 24
Mia Ross has been running since she was 13. Now 17, with her 19 year old brother, she is still running. From whoever killed her parents along with he...
275K 10.4K 29
He is a powerful Alpha and she is a powerful witch. He is troubled and had to watch over his family and pack from a young age. She endure a dark past...
10.4K 312 12
{Set in Season 3 of Wolfblood} [Please read Book 1: Delta Book 2 : Omega 《Before reading Beta》] Maddy and her family left for the Wild Pack, leaving...