The Den

{Silver's POV}

I was hiding out in the Den, with Matei and Emilia, while Rhydian and Maddy came back every couple days with fresh meat for us.

Jana and Rhydian walked in with burgers and a rabbit, while Maddy came in with two squirrels.

"Squirrels are mine."

I said, diving forward, to grab them out of her hands, before either of the Covaci siblings had time to react.

"You took your time." Matei said to Jana, as he grabbed the whole bag, and tossed three burgers to Emilia, and ate the other three himself.

While Maddy, Rhydian, and Jana shared the huge, giant, rabbit.

"So where do you two live?" Emilia asked impolitely, through a huge full mouth of burger, and Matei glared at her. "Most of the time in Canada, but once and a while we'll run with the Wild Pack when we miss home."

Maddy said and I smiled. "How's Mum?" I asked, looking at Rhydian.

"Doing good in Stoneybridge."

"Misses Bryn a ton though. Hell even I miss him. The little bastard." Rhydian said and I slapped his leg hard.

"That's our brother you're talking about!" I snapped, clearly pissed off, and Matei choked on his burger.

Jana thumped him on the back hard and unceremoniously, harder then necessary. "You guys are related?"

Matei said. After, he managed to choke down the insanely huge mouthful of course.

"You didn't see the immediately obvious resemblance?" I asked, my head snapping around, to look at Matei, and realized I saw something that almost looked like jealousy.

"Obviously not." He said coldly, and I shook my head. "We're twins Matei." I said and Rhydian looked at him.

"Rhydian Morris." He said and held his hand out for a shake. Matei raised his eyebrows and shook it.

"Matei Covaci."

And suddenly Rhydian twisted his wrist hard. "Rhydian!" I shouted, as Matei yelled as his wrist broke.

I was on my feet snarling in an instant, and standing in front of Rhydian.

I knocked him back a step, as Matei twisted his bone back into place. "So you are protective of a pack. Even if it is going against your twin brother."

"Easy Covaci." I said, and he looked at me, and then looked back towards his food. I heard a low howl. "Wait here."

I said and looked at Jana.

"Everyone but Jana stay here." I said quietly, and Jana followed me, up and out of the den. "It's coming from the Kafe." And I looked at her. "I'll check."

And I knelt down, and looked up, feeling the power of the Eolas, flowing through me again.

I focused and saw...

I gasped, and pulled my hand away from the ground. Jana looked at me, her eyes glowing.

"Who is it?"

She asked, and I looked at her, my eyes still glowing with the shock of what I had seen.

"Aran... and Meinir is with him.."

I said and she looked at me.

"Katrina." We both said.

"You go. I'll stay with the pack, keep Matei and Rhydian from killing each other." I said, and Jana snorted, and I looked at her. "What?" I asked. "You're so blind. Maybe Satei will come true."