Welcome to the Family

By strongdemilovatic

17 year-old Jessy has just woken up from a coma and has found out the last six months of her life did not exi... More

Welcome to the Family
Trailer!
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38 (Final)
Welcome to Artistry

Chapter 1

487 12 0
By strongdemilovatic

Jessy's POV

Why am I so angry? I should be grateful I am alive! I guess I'm trying to get used to all the changes and grief in my life. My parents are dead, Jessie graduated high school, and my brother is in his second year of college. How did this happen? Demi is a few months pregnant and Dallas is about to pop any minute. The last two years have been a lie in my mind and I can't remember the truth.

I have this choice to make, and I'm having a hard time deciding. Should I continue my career, or should I go home until I can figure things out? I'd be living with my grandmother; this wouldn't be a problem except for the fact that she doesn't want me.My body aches all the time, seeing I'm in physical therapy two or three times a day. Apparently it's hard to regain muscle strength when you had none to begin with. Who would've known I'd be in a rehabilitation center for actual body rehabilitation. I like Monique though, she's my main nurse. She's really nice.I'm in actual therapy every couple of days. The amount of pain I felt a few years ago, feels like nothing compared to now. Apparently it's normal to be frustrated. I'm so tired of trying. I think my biggest problem is: I'm homesick.

All I want is to sleep in my own bed and cuddle with my blankets. I want to walk in a room and get that smell of Yankee candles and smoke. I want to still be able to sing at the top of my lungs, and be as off key as I want. I want to be able to go outside and feel the woodsy breeze. I want to be able to get yelled at for stealing my dad's pens or having a stuffed animal thrown at me by my brother. I want to give my grandmother a kiss and my mother a huge bear hug.I want to be nagged by my parents to do better, and have hysterical heart to hearts with my brother. I want to be able to play with my dog and bother my cat. I want to have Jessie be a five minute walk away, and am on the school bus for an hour. I miss being yelled at to go back to class, and I miss being at school. I miss cracking jokes with my teachers, and the on-going rivalries with the other theater kids. The De La Garza's have been great, I just wish I could go back home. Even if it's just for a few days, just to get that New England summer. I love the way the sand feels on my feet at the ocean, and the sunshine shining bright on my face. The De La Garza's are incredible, but nothing compares to being home.

My brother would come visit but he has this great internship with a Chinese guy, who is a senior graduate professor for his major. He is going for computer engineering and is majorly successful. Who knew my, at times slacker, brother would actually be such a successful star... at least in the science world. He is working on a patent that is sure to be amazing.

Everyone visits me as much as they can, it's tough though, since everyone is in fact busy. Madison is a freshman in high school this year so she's been living it up, Eddie and Dianna have signed a superstar that blew up on the charts, and Demi is on tour again. I heard her fifth album, so much better! It had the R&B vocals of Unbroken, the emotions of DEMI, and rock-edgy chic of her first two. As I hear, she's going to be up for a Grammy. Everything is going great for them.Oddly enough, I think Dallas is here most often. She's here right now, and she's so cute online shopping for baby clothes. I have a feeling it's going to be one cute baby.

"I don't wanna interrupt shopping, but I wanna know: how did you and Nick end up getting together?"

Dallas smiles and says, "Oh, yay I love telling this story! In 2014 Rob and I broke up. It wasn't working because I wanted to get serious, and I knew he didn't and probably never would be ready to have kids. I'm from Texas, and my career path was the occasional voice over and studio. Then, when Demi did a side project with Nick, she started bringing him around more. Their friendship was never as epic as the media and tabloids made it seem. They were more acquaintances with a connection if that makes sense."

I nod, it is kind of of ridiculous how I'd go on Tumblr and that was all I saw. I don't even think they would work after meeting them both.

"Then they became closer, and I started hanging with Nick outside of hanging with him and Demi. We started dating in June of 2014, engaged December 2014, and then we got married on January 22nd."

"Oh wow, you guys moved fast."

She nodded her head, "And our lives are about to become even more quick with the babies."

I give her a weird look, "Did you just say babies, with an s on the end?"

She smiles even more largely, "We're having twins!"

"Oh my god, congratulations! I thought you were picking out clothes for both sexes because you didn't know the sex."

I reach up and hug her. It kind of pisses me off that I'm in a wheelchair but whatever. I've been awake for the past month and can only walk with crutches. My body should hurry up with this whole healing process because it's annoying.

"Nope, there are two in the oven."

I nod and smile, "Crazy, is there even a history of that in your family?"

Dallas shakes her head, "I guess not. I don't know if that would have anything to do with my father's mother but I don't know."

I nod my head again.

"In even better news, mom talked to the doctor and said you can leave pretty soon."

I smile, "Where am I going afterwards?"

She shrugs, "I don't know, where do you want to go?"

I shrug to, "I don't know either. I want to have a career, but I also want to have my senior year. If I stay here I have to go to that Hollywood school, and I'm not into that."

"Why don't you just take a break and go to the public high school in my parents' town."

A light bulb goes off in my head after she finished her sentence.

"When the hell did you think of that?"

She shrugs her shoulders, "I don't know, but I do know that they have a really good arts program so you can keep training and what not."

I feel as if I'm about to hug her all over again.

"Thank you so much! That sounds fucking awesome!"

She gives me a thumbs up and we keep shopping. I feel like I'm turning a new page. Maybe this new start will be good for me. That night Dianna came to visit me. She has professional clothes on, and I keep giggling.

"Jessy, why you do keep giggling at me?"

I laugh even harder, "Nothing."

She gives me a mommy look and I say, "You just look really nice. I normally see you in comfy clothes but you just look so fancy!"

She raises her eyebrow, "Thank you, I guess?"

I nod, "It's good. How was your day?"

"Full of meetings, I don't remember it being like this with Demi or even you."

"Didn't Eddie do a lot of the work though?"

"Yeah, I guess. The only reason why he's not helping me is because Demi is becoming more successful now too."

I keep nodding my head.

"Well it was your dream to be in management, time to deal! Speaking of dreaming, I can get out of here soon."

"I know, are you excited?"

"Well of course, I'm kind of tired of sitting all the time and doing nothing."

Dianna laughed, "I'm shocked I haven't gotten a phone call from the nurses complaining of loud unusual noises coming from your room."

I stick my tongue out at her, "I have an idea, and I think it could work. I have done research and everything seems okay."

She rolls her eyes a bit and says, "Oh god. Please say you don't want to move to New York."

I laugh, "God no, way too busy. Why don't I keep living with you?"

She gets confused, "Well duh."

"Good, but why don't I go to normal high school as well?"

She takes a deep breath, "You can't do that."

"Why not?"

"You are not in that position."

"I think I actually am. If I go and live with my grandmother I have to go to a school where I can get shot just by going to my locker. Also I don't want to restart my career just yet. I want to try for six months just to see how it goes."

"I'll have to have a major conversation with Eddie about this."

"What is the no? You force me into the business, I end up becoming depressed or a drug addict resulting me either dead or a joke from rehab stints?"

She gives me a sad look. Stage moms, I knew I would have a hard time dealing with them. Even in theater, some moms would be up their kid's ass for stuff and it's like they aren't going to go anywhere if they don't want to, so stop pushing. I wouldn't call Dianna a stage mom, but she definitely isn't a regular one. Dianna gets a phone call and steps out. Sometimes I wish I never woke up from my coma after all. Life sure isn't what I thought it would be.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

234K 9.9K 32
You never really know who you're talking to on the internet. Be careful what you share. 2015 Lovatic Fanfic Award Winner Cover by @susanlovato © All...
30.5K 801 42
Charlotte Jade De La Garza, or Charlie, is the youngest sibling of her family. Seeing as she is related to the Demi Lovato, you'd think her life is p...
5.6K 116 57
In 2010, at the age of 18, Demi found out she was pregnant. Scared, but with the support of her boyfriend Wilmer, she decided to keep the baby. Or wh...
39.2K 1.3K 33
Being 26 and raising a two year old isn't a simple task. Taking it one day at a time and loving her world more then life itself, Her son was all she...