Stepping Out

By KennedyEve13

Completed ☑ Have you ever wondered what it has felt like to be alone? Ha... More

Stop Calling Me Princess
We need to fix it
Can I come in?
Not yet Emily, not yet.
Sure
We're Neighbors
Is that a problem?
I'm going to explode
I am going to fix this
I hope
That's all I want, for now
Nightmares come true
Your Last Warning
Which one was worse?
I would like it back
Except wait.......
She made me think of Jenny
All I can see is darkness
Maybe it was PTSD
Except Me
I'll just have to bear it
Hello Hunter
I got him
Evil gang with a seriously twisted gang leader
Pros and Cons
She's gone
More plans
I'm Home

I'm sorry, I don't remember

8 4 0
By KennedyEve13

He was more than surprised. He was tense and he was fighting the urge to kiss me back but he gave in seconds later. He let go as soon as he gave in.

"We can't. You are confused on so many levels, you're hurt and you'll probably hate me for stopping it but, you need to get better before we can talk about this.

I think he was letting me down easy. He didn't like what happened in the hospital and now that it is happening again, he wants to stop it because I am not what he wants and I am not the person he feels he can talk to. I am very sad but I don't let it faze me. If he doesn't like me, then I have to get over it. Good thing I didn't catch feelings, right?

"Yeah, totally, okay, let's go then," I said. I started walking. He followed behind me and I could feel his cold stare on the back of my neck.

"Are you sure you're okay? You seem, too happy about the situation." Hunter catches up to me and walks next to me.

"Yeah, I'm fine, let's just get everything over with." I speed up with my walking to his car, which was the only one parked on the curb. I go to the car and I realize, I'm still afraid. I don't think Hunter would have mentioned it, for me to get into the car and go to the hospital. I will not do either. So I sit on the ground and start to pluck the grass.

"Princess, I'm begging you. Please get into the car, we have to get you checked out." He is by the driver's door, a few feet in front of me. I ignore him, if he can't make me go in willingly, which he won't, I am going to scream. He drops his hands on his sides, making a weird sound. He walks around angrily and runs his fingers through his hair. He is angry at me.

"Why? Why can't you just get in and let me drive you for 5 minutes? What are you so scared of?" He really had to ask me that? Did he forget? He must have because he isn't even showing that he knows anything. Either he forgot, or he didn't listen.

"You really don't remember?" I ask. He shakes his head and being very attentive.

"Apparently you weren't listening to me when I was kidnapped and tortured. Apparently, you didn't hear what I said right before. Apparently, you don't care about me enough to even listen to what I am saying." I looked at him to see if it would click, but it didn't, he looked concerned and worried, but not how I was hoping he would look.

It hurt a lot to know that he didn't remember anything I told him. I told him my life and he dismissed it like a child pushing away brussel sprouts. And I know that he was worried for me to be safe but I still want him to finally know what happened to me. He wanted to know and then he threw it out the window.

There goes his opportunity.

I wasn't telling him again, it was painful enough to just say it once. He can go to He*l for all I care. And I am not going to another hospital, they scare me and it was where my nightmare came true.

"Princess, I, I'm sorry. I don't remember," Hunter says. No, no. He does not get to call me that. Not after this. I'm done with Hunter Black and there is nothing he can say that will make me stay.

I got up and started walking away like I do everything. I know it's not right to not face everything head-on, but can you blame me? I was scared in that building, he saved me. But he also wasn't there to support me when I needed someone.

I get that he is grieving too, and I will always miss Jenny. I don't want to sound rude about her death but, I guess there is5r45 a time and a place for certain things.

"Stop! Wait!" He calls out to me. I ignore him.

"Emily stop," Huh, he used my real name. He must be serious. So I turned around and crossed my arms, putting all my weight on one foot.

"Please, if you could just tell me why you won't get in the car then I can understand and help you," I scoffed.

"I told you about it and all you were doing was banging on the door for me to open it. I know you heard me. So either you weren't listening and thinking of something else, or you're pushing it out of your mind so you don't have to think about it. Which is it?" I ask. He looks down at the ground, actually thinking about his next answer. He sighed and ran his hands through his hair.

"Emily, I think it was both. I could hear you talking but I guess I was more focused on Jenny and I guess I thought it was nothing. Since you asked me over once before. But if I remember, will you not be mad at me?" I ponder over his question. I knew he was telling the truth, but was I about to let this guy get me all over again. So I give him the answer that will give him hope in us, but still, give me time and space to think about everything.

"Maybe." It's not as hard as I thought. He sits on the ground with his eyes closed and he is trying really hard to remember. I know he can, he just has to concentrate.

Hunter's POV

Emily gave me yet another chance to redeem myself. And I can tell that this is my last one. I have to make it count. I sit on the ground, the wet and cold grass was soothing against the pressure to get this right.

I just have to go through what happened and just remember. I start when I walked into her apartment. It was a mess and she said it was a party, but I didn't think so. She wouldn't do that. So I ask her about it. She hides it up and I end up saying things I shouldn't have and she tells me something. What is it? What did she say that so important?

Then it clicked.

I remember what she said and she was coming in clear. I go through the whole thing to get every last detail from her explanation. The more I remember, the more I think of how hurt she is that I didn't remember. She has gone through so much and to keep that in must have been torture.

My princess was hurt and in pain and I was worried about myself, how I felt. I knew something was wrong, but, not as bad as her parents dying. I know that I had noticed the scars once or twice. She kept them hidden very well. She kept everything hidden very well. The fact that she was in it trying to save her parents and no one was helping her, that's what got me angry.

I must look like a sociopath with all of the emotions that are being expressed on my face. I open my eyes and I see Emily with tears welling in her eyes. She looks like she is having a fight with herself. She looks so hurt and abandoned, I wish I could do something to comfort her. But I don't think she really wants me to.

"Emily, I am so sorry. I should have remembered and comforted you. You are in so much pain and I am so sorry. I know this is unforgivable and I understand if you want to never speak to me again. I am sorry that I pushed you into doing something over and over that you weren't comfortable with. For you to even speak to me again, is a slim chance but. I get it. If you want me to go, I will," I finish. I know she will never speak to me again. I fu*ked up and I will never get the chance to make it up to her.

But now that I think about it, it probably happened when I left for Summer vacation. That would make sense. Not talking to me, running away crying, always looking depressed. And I didn't help her, she needed me and I didn't talk to her, let alone help her. She did this on her own and she is falling apart at the seams, and she did it beautifully.

Just looking at her made me want to hold her and tell her everything was ok. But it wasn't, she had a decision to make and that meant I was no longer in it. I just needed to hear her say it and I was gone. I want to fight for her, but I don't think she wants me too.

"Hunter, all I wanted was for you to understand that I can't always give you what you wanted. I wanted you to understand what I went through so I don't have to keep it inside. I wanted you to see the real me because I feel something that I am not sure you do for me. I trust you enough to let you into my personal space and I may not recover from if you don't feel the same way,"

Does she really think I don't care for her? How could she say that after I risked my life for her? I really do care for her, maybe too much for her but I do. It will never change, not ever. Not even in 10 years when I could be married and have a kid.

Though at the bottom of my heart, I see Emily with me in 10 years. Even if she doesn't have those feelings as strong as do.

"I do care for you, Emily. I really do. And I do understand. I may not ever truly know, but I do understand. I am just hoping that you won't shun me again. I need you and I know you need someone right now. I'm just hoping that it will be me,"

She smiled at me and came closer to me. What was she doing? I thought she was mad at me. So, if she was mad, then what is she doing right now? Man, this girl was going to be the death of me.

She intertwines our hands together and stares at them, she was studying them, as if it was entirely new to her.

"I do need someone. And," She looks up at me and looks right into me, still thinking about what she was going to say next, "And I think it's you,"

She kissed me. 

A/N: Hey guys! I am finally ready to publish this weeks chapter! It is a good one, and hopefully, you will be just as excited as for the next one. I am so sorry this one is so late, I had a show choir show for our town. 

I hope you guys enjoy the rest of your weekend!  I hope you enjoy the story so far, and I am so grateful for the support of this book. I hope to soon have many thousands of people read it and hopefully see what I see in my stories.

If you do want me to write another one, just let me know and if you want a character in it, PM me and I can make it happen!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 6K 35
Official Wattpad Creator, and super proud of it! Maddox has been in love with Rose for a few months now. Just like an angel, she has captured his hea...
897K 22.4K 18
"Since nobody cares to believe me I'm leaving this note. But I know it's just going to be in the trash as soon as you know I wrote it. But I don't ca...
838 42 21
***I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS 13 AND ITS REALLY TERRIBLE. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK*** Rose Lewis is a normal girl brought up with an upper class family. Ro...
213 1 73
Skz ff oc/idc put urself in it if u wish or struggle with hyunho ig a crazy ride so my friend finally gets to know my skz bias (dont ask why i turned...