1) The Tracker's Eyes [Wolfbl...

נכתב על ידי Aspiring-Writer14

Silver Morris is the twin sister of Rhydian Morris, the wolfblood who left Stoneybridge last year, to find hi... עוד

Through the Streets
The Ancien
Anchors
The Moon's Pull
The Den
Morwal
Selina Khan
Dark Moons
Official
The Human Liar
Holly

Ultimatum

392 5 1
נכתב על ידי Aspiring-Writer14

{Silver's POV}

I ran into the Kafe, feeling the scratches on my back, slowly starting to heal.

Matei and Emilia both turned around at the same time, and ran over to me. I looked at them and shook my head.

"I'm alright." I said, and moved past them, and Aran stood there, his face full of pain and agony. I walked over, and he leaned against me, and I could see the tears of agony in his eyes.

I shut my eyes and shuddered.

"I won't let her die Aran. That I promise. I can't lose anyone else. Where is she?"

I asked quietly, and he looked at me, and I followed him quietly upstairs, walking in a deadly silence.

I walked into Jana's temporary room and found Meinir coughing, and Dr Rebecca Whitewood standing there.

I growled, and she looked at me. "I'm here to help. Jana called me." And I felt my anger diffusing only slightly.

I walked past her, and crouched next to Meinir, grabbing her hand in mine. "Silver?.. Silver Morris? The Supreme Tracker?"

She whispered between coughs and tears ran down my cheeks. "Yes. It's me." I whispered, and she looked at me, and wiped a tear from my cheek.

"Don't cry for me Tracker. You are stronger then that. You are so much stronger then any of us."

"Alric. Jana. Aran. Rhydian. Ceri."

"You are the strongest among us."

"You don't fail when others are in need. You don't walk away when others are threatened."

"You do not cower and run, when you are threatened by or with someone of authority. You rise up and fight."

"Do not let others see you at your weakest. Never let anyone see you at your weakest." And she coughed, and looked at me when she had stopped.

"It's what made it an honor to fight alongside you." And she clasped her hands with mine. "Do not give up hope now Tracker. You never lose."

And I looked at her and nodded, my eyes closing in concentration. When I stood up again, my eyes glowed, and my tears had stopped.

"You've always been honorable Meinir. But this is too high a price."

Jana said, walking into the room, with TJ and Emilia behind her, and Matei a step behind.

"I decide when it's too high a price Jana Vilkas. This is nowhere near that yet daughter of Alric."

And I looked at Jana.

"Too high a price for what?"

I asked quietly, grabbing Jana's arm.

I marched her outside quickly, followed by Aran, leaving Matei, TJ, and Emilia inside with Whitewood and Meinir.

"Imara gave me an ultimatum."

"Turn over Matei and Emilia, or Meinir dies." And I looked at her and snarled, veining up fast. "Turning them over, is not an option."

"You know that!" I snapped, and she looked at me, her eyes filled with pure and utter agony.

"I don't have a choice."

She said, and I looked at her.

"If you turn them over, you'll have to do the same to me." I said quietly, and turned, walking out of the room, my eyes glowing yellow.

I walked right into Matei, and he looked at me. "Silver..." And I hugged him, my face buried in his shoulder.

He hugged me and I was shaking.

"Stay here."

I said quietly, and he looked at me.

"What?"

He asked and I looked at him.

"You have to stay here. No matter what you hear, no matter what you see, stay here alright?"

I said and he looked at me, his face confused. "Silver..." And I looked at him, my face a cold mask.

"You need to stay here. You and Emilia. Promise me Covaci." I said, my voice low and dangerous.

"Alright but why?..." And I looked at him. "Because I'm going to end this." I said, and he looked at me. "How?"

He asked and I looked at him. "Just trust me." I said, and he grabbed my hand in his, and I looked at him.

"Don't die for us." And I looked at him.

"I don't care if I die, as long as you two are safe." I said quietly, and pulled my hand out of his grasp, and his hand caught my arm again. I felt him push something into my hand.

"Don't die for us. Because neither of us can lose anyone else." He said, and released my arm again.

I looked at my hand and opened it, and saw his mother's ring. I looked at him and his eyes were full of pain.

"I'll come back. I swear it on Ancient wolves." I said quietly, and he looked at me, and nodded slightly.

I hung the necklace around my neck.

I felt it hang over my chest, and he turned away, as I walked away, ready to deal with Imara. Once and for all.

I walked onto the hill, and Jana stood next to me, and I saw Maddy and her parents, silhouetted against the sky.

With Rhydian and Ceri beside them, with a smaller black wolf that must be Bryn. I felt my courage solidify as my family walked down to us.

"You may be the Supreme Tracker. But even you can't save everyone." Imara said, and I looked at her, my eyes glowing, and my veins rippling under my skin. "I don't need to."

"I only need to save my pack."

And I threw back my head, and howled, my veins running up my face, as wolfbloods.

From the Wild Pack and Tame Packs alike, raced up, onto the hill that was overlooking Newcastle, as humans and wolves alike. "And I don't need to be an alpha." I said and felt the wolf reaching the control breaking point.

"Because I'm a Tracker."

And I suddenly scented it, the scents I made swear not to move. Emilia and Matei ran up, and stood next to Jana and I, with TJ only steps behind.

"We don't let anyone take our punishments for us!" Emilia snarled and I looked at her.

"Wild wolfbloods or not!" Matei snarled, and the Segolian wolves surrounded us, and I howled loudly.

With everything I had, and they backed up quick, and they were looking between Imara and myself, their eyes uncertain beyond belief.

"And I'm the Supreme Tracker."

And Imara's eyes glowed, and she veined up. Within seconds, I was facing off with a big black wolf.

"Back off!"

I roared, at the other Segolian wolfbloods, as they backed up fast.

"Rhydian, Matei, Emilia. Cover flanks. The rest of you, run like hell." And I dove forward, and came up as a wolf, as Imara lunged at me.

Suddenly TJ was diving in front of me, and Imara's fangs were locked around and into her son's forearm.

Within seconds, Imara was back in her normal human form, her eyes full of pain as if she had bitten herself.

"TJ?" She whispered, and he looked at his mother, cradling his forearm, and his eyes were painful. "You bit me!"

He shouted and she looked at me.

"TJ..." And he shook his head.

"You're not my alpha anymore. I run with the Supreme Tracker. I run with Jana now."

And I saw her face wince, and I stood up in human, and Matei looked at me.

"Call them off. This is over Imara."

I said, and she looked at me, and nodded. "Fair enough Silver Morris. Supreme Tracker."

And suddenly everyone was kneeling. I looked around the hill, and saw with shock, that everyone, even Imara, was kneeling to me.

"Members of the Wild Packs."

"Return to your alphas."

"Members of the Tame world."

"Return to your homes in peace, and your families." I said, and they stood, and one by one, pack by pack, they shook my hands, and walked away.

Soon it was just Rhydian, Maddy, Bryn, Ceri, and Maddy's parents next to Jana and our pack.

Daniel and Emma looked at me, and hugged me tightly, and I shut my eyes tightly, and felt my heart warming.

"I remember calling you the Wild Warrior Silver Morris." Emma said, and I looked at her and nodded.

"I also remember telling you that you'd never belong or find anyone else in the Tame World."

And her eyes flicked to Matei and Emilia, and back to me. "I would've lost that bet if I had made it."

And I looked at her. "Good luck in Canada Mrs Smith." I said and she looked at me.

"Keep your pack safe Morris." Daniel said, and I looked at him. "I'm not the Alpha here."

I said and he looked at me.

"Then don't let your mate get hurt." And he clapped Matei on the shoulder and the rest of the pack stared at us.

"Mates?!"

Emilia shouted, and I looked at TJ who had just spat out a bunch of water at the news, all over my shoes.

"Mr Smith. I think you should run."

Rhydian said, and Daniel raced away fast, with Emma following him, and I looked at Maddy. She gripped my hand tightly, and I looked at her.

"I regret everything I said about you. Everything." And I hugged her tightly, and she squeezed me slightly, and shifted, racing after her parents. I finally turned to Rhydian, and me mum, who stood with Bryn.

"I suppose, that you'll be heading... back to Stoneybridge?" I asked, my voice quiet, and shaking with every emotion.

Looking at my mum, pain in my eyes.

As I saw the woman, who had taught me everything, made me who I am, walking away yet again from me.

"You know that I can't stay." She said quietly, and I shut my eyes and felt my tears of pure agony, running out from under my closed eyelids.

"We're always with you Silver." And I saw Bryn standing there, as a human, looking at me, his eyes full of love.

"You've always got a way to see us."

Mum said, and I looked at her, and nodded slightly, feeling my tears drying up.

"If you need anything, I'll be there. I don't care if you need me to... kill a spider or something, I'll be there."

I said, and Bryn laughed at my example, and I looked at him, and crushed him in a hug.

"Are you gonna be a Tracker?"

I asked, and he looked at me, and shook his head. "I think I'll be more like him."

And he pointed over my shoulder, and I looked at where he was pointing and I laughed. I busted out laughing, along with most if not all of the pack, when I saw he was pointing at Matei.

"Looks like you have an admirer Matei Covaci." Rhydian said, and I looked at him and growled.

"I'm gonna miss you." I said quietly, and he looked at me. "Me annoying you? Or me being a brother to you?"

He asked, and I looked at him, and punched him in the gut hard. "Bye Silver."

He said, and I looked at him, and nodded. "Bye Rhydian." I said quietly, as he turned together, with Bryn and Ceri, and walked away. I shook my head, and sat on the ruins of the stone brick wall, looking over the city.

"You alright?" Matei asked quietly, as he sat next to me. "I don't even know anymore Matei."

I said quietly, and he looked at me.

"Hey. There's always goodbyes, and there's always going to be goodbyes. They suck, but they are always there, always ready to be used, in case some person leaves. You'll have your pack until the day you die Silver."

"We won't leave you." And I looked at him and bit my lip and looked down. "I promise I won't." Matei said, and I looked at him, and he grabbed my hand in his.

I felt our fingers laced together, and I leaned against his shoulder, watching the sun go down, together.

1995 words

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

33.4K 2.2K 46
A spin-off from the Rootbridge series. Callie's wolf is out of control and therapy isn't helping her understand the fragments of memories she has abo...
1.8K 141 21
Completed Story! (28/07/2019) # 7 tribal (21/07/2019) # 60 familysecrets (21/09/2019) # 597 wolves (21/09/2019) South African 19-Year-Old, Thalia Le...
482K 14.9K 24
Mia Ross has been running since she was 13. Now 17, with her 19 year old brother, she is still running. From whoever killed her parents along with he...
97.5K 3.6K 52
/Highest Ranking : #746 in werewolf 5-26-17 / Started: May 2017 / Ended: December 2017 "I can't," was my reply. "I just.... I c-can't." His concern s...