The Black Dragon Emperor of D...

By Fireslash97

Dragons never involved themselves in the war between angels, devils, fallen angels, and demons. Until the Wel... More

Kyo Najasaki Bio
Date With Death
What Am I Again?!
Asia Argento
Fallen Revenge
Knock Knock, Who's There? DEATH!
Son of a Dragon God
Riser Phoenix
Training and One vs Sixteen
More Power?
Whose Side Are You On?
Friends Help No Matter What!
Freed and Valper
Kokabiel
Dragon Opponents Arrive
Pool Day and The Devil King
Open House
Gasper
Akeno's Lineage
The Leaders Summit
Dragon Battle
Special: Prom
Summer Break
Gremory Family
Family Reunions
Payback Time
Acceptance
Back to School
Diodora
Saving Asia
Juggernaut Drive
Esdeath's Return
The Dimensional Gap
This Ends Now!
OVA Phoenix Problems
Need MY Help?
Darkness Rising
Preparations

Familiars

13.7K 160 280
By Fireslash97

Asia was finished packing her bag and looks at Issei. "Okey-dokey, I'm all set." She, Issei, Rias, and Kyo were in the ORC club room. 

Issei stands. "Asia and I are gonna go hand out some flyers." 

Kyo kicks up his feet and pets Charn. "Just try not get into any more 'angelic' trouble." 

"Dude, come on." Issei groans. 

Rias raises her hand. "Hold on. I think you'll be glad to know your flyers days are over." 

"They are?" Kyo questions. 

Rias stands up from her desk. "Relax. It's not a punishment, the three of you have done great work. But normally the hassling of running around and handing out flyers is the job of a familiar." 

"Hell, yeah!" Issei says happily. "So is this sort of like a promotion?" 

Rias nods. "Yeah, I guess you could look at it that way. But first things first, we need to find you three familiars." 

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

After gathering the rest of ORC, Rias then snaps her fingers and a bat appears. 

"This is my familiar." Rias states. The bat then disappears in a puff of smoke and turns into a girl with a red dress. 

"Wow, she's beautiful." Kyo compliments. This makes Rias's familiar blush before transforming back into a bat. 

"And I've got one too of course." Akeno adds. A square appears on the ground and a green creature appears. 

"Whoa, is that an Emp?" Issei asks. 

Koneko then reveals hers to be a kitten. "This is Shiro." 

"Mine's badass too." Kiba then holds out his arm and a bird of some kind appears. 

"Is that supposed to be a hawk or something?" Kyo asks. 

"This is Moro." Kiba states. 

Rias then explains, "Familiars are a major part of being a devil. When you're in need, they're always there to back you up." 

"That's great. Only problem is we have no idea how we're supposed to get one." Asia says. 

A knock at the door is then heard. 

"Yeah?" Akeno calls. 

The doors then open and reveal several girls and one guy. 

"Sorry to interrupt." The lead girl with short hair and glasses says. 

"What are they doing here?" Kyo questions. Charn growls at them. "Charn! Down!" 

Asia leans to Issei. "Issei, who are these people?" 

"The one in the middle is Sona Shitori, the Student Body President." Issei explains. "And the girl with the glass behind her is Tsubaki Shira. Looks like they brought the rest of the council with them." 

"Hello, Sona." Rias says. "What can I do for you?" 

"Nothing. I just wanted to congratulate you on increasing the number of your servants." Sona states. 

Kyo widens his eyes. "How does she-" 

"Her real name's Sona Sitri." Akeno explains. "She's not just the Student Council President, she's the next head of the house of Sitri. A big devil family." 

"Are you saying there are other devils at our school?" Issei questions. 

The lone boy of Sona's group then says, "Rias, I'm hurt to find out you didn't tell one of your servants about us. But I suppose if you didn't trust him with inside info, then he must not be worth much to you, huh?" 

"Who brought the jackass?" Kyo asks. 

"It's considered bad form to get involved in the affairs of other households, Saji." Sona says to the blonde. "It's only natural that Rias held this back." 

"Saji?" Kyo questions. "Wait, Spike?" 

Saji widens his eyes at the nickname. "Shadow?" Kyo and Saji then laugh and bro-hug. "Where the heck have you been, man?" 

"It's a long story that I'll tell you later." Kyo states. 

"Wait, Kyo, you and Saji know each other?" Rias asks. 

"Hell, yeah!" Kyo chuckles. "Me and Saji were best buds in elementary! We were neighbors too!" 

"So, where did the names 'Spike' and 'Shadow' come from?" Sona inquires. 

Saji turns to her. "As kids we played like agents or spies and eventually as time grew we just called each other those nicknames." 

Then Kyo watches as he sees his two best friends go at it after Asia introduced herself. 

Kyo slaps his forehead. "(Sigh) Charn?" Charn pounces both Issei and Saji and pins them to the ground with his paws, growling centimeters from their faces. 

"Anyways, Rias? Back to the 'familiar' situation?" Kyo points out. 

"Oh. Are you getting familiars for your new members as well, Rias?" Sona asks. 

Rias nods. "Yes. I was thinking of going next week actually." 

Sona touches her chin. "Well that's a bit of a problem for us, seeing as how he only takes people once a month." 

"In that case, why don't we have a friendly little contest to sort this whole thing out?" 

"A contest?" 

"Whoever wins earns the right to make their request first." Rias states. 

"Surely you're not talking about a Rating Game?" Sona says, somewhat hesitant. 

"Ha!" A dark voice laughs. Everyone looks around the room. 

"Where the hell did that come from?" Saji asks as Charn gets of him and Issei. 

"No offense to you Lady Sitri, but I believe my son would well defeat you without a thought." Everyone then sees Kyo's hand glowing red. 

"What in the world is that?" Sona inquires. 

Kyo huffs. "You really gotta work on your entrances, father." 

"Subtlety has never been strong suit of mine. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Erakhan, the Death Dragon Emperor and rival to Great Red. Kyo is my son and a dragon." Erakhan says. 

Sona and her peerage widen their eyes in disbelief as did Rias. 

"Kyo, since when could your dragon talk to you?" Rias asks. 

"That's another long story. But please, let's discuss this another time. Right now, competition over familiar choosings?" 

Rias turns back to Sona. "Regarding the Rating Game, we'd never get permission to do something like that." 

"Yes, you're right." Sona agrees. "Besides, this isn't the time to call attention to yourself, now is it?" 

Rias grows a serious look. "Don't go there." Rias then grows a smile. "I know! We should settle this the good-old-fashioned high school way. With sports." 

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

After Rias and Akeno played against Sona and Tsubaki over tennis, then after playing dodgeball and beating Sona's peerage, Rias and ORC had won the right to go first with familiar picking. They then teleported into a dark forest and looked around. 

"Where are we?" Issei asks. 

"Duh, a magic forest where all the familiars live." Akeno states. 

Kyo whistles at the size of the forest. "Hate to get lost in place this big." 

"Don't be scared. This is where we came to get ours too." Kiba adds. 

Asia hides behind Issei. "It's really freaky." 

Charn then smells something and growls. "Charn, what's up?" Kyo asks. 

"Who wants me?!" Issei and Asia yelp as they look and see a man with red hair and cap. 

"Who the heck is this guy?" Kyo scoffs. 

"The Master of the Familiar! AKA the Towji!" The man declares. "If you goes to find familiars galore, you've come at the right time, that's for sure. The full moon is out to help you decide and I'll be the one to act as your guide!" 

"Sounds like somebody's been reading too many pirate and Shakespeare books." Kyo snickers along with Issei. 

"The Towji's way obsessed with making things rhyme." Akeno states. 

"Now, how can I help you?" Towji inquires. "Tell me all your wants and desires! A strong one, a fast one, one that likes to set fires?" 

"Ay-yi-yi." Kyo says shaking his head. "Look man, we're just looking for familiars that'll be beneficial towards us. Got anything like those?" 

"I'd like one that's cute and fun to be around." Asia says. 

"Fun? Done and done!" Towji states. 

"Uh, guys?" Kiba asks as he looks around. "Where did Kyo and Charn go?" Everyone then looks around to see the wolf and human/dragon duo had disappeared. 

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

Kyo had felt himself become drawn away as he walks through the forest by himself along with Charn. 

He kept walking through the forest until he heard feminine singing. "Hello?" The singing continued as Kyo and Charn continued on. Finally they stopped upon seeing a woman on a rock. 

"Uh, excuse me, Miss?" Kyo asks. Suddenly the woman disappeared and Kyo then felt himself get struck to the ground. 

Kyo groans and sees the woman standing over him. "Who dares to come to my domain?" 

"Anaria?" Erakhan gasps from Kyo's hands. 

The woman steps back in shock at the voice. "It can't be...Erakhan?" 

"My love, it has been too long!" Erakhan says in happiness. 

The woman, now known as Anaria steps back. "Why do you speak from this boy's hands?" 

Kyo stands as Erakhan continues, "You do not recognize him? Look closely." 

Anaria stares at Kyo for a moment before gasping and covering her mouth. "K-K-Kyo?" 

"Father, how do you know her?" Kyo asks. "And does she know me?" 

Erakhan sighs. "Kyo, this is my wife when I was human. This...is your mother." 

Kyo shoots his gaze from his hands to Anaria and steps back in shock. "M-Mother?" 

Anaria runs to Kyo, bringing her son's face to her chest. "My beautiful boy, oh look at how you've grown!" 

Kyo feels tears hit his eyes as he looks at his mother in joy. "I've always wanted to meet you." Suddenly growling is heard and they both look at the source as something stomps out of the forest. 

"What is that?" Kyo asks. Charn growls at the monster as it growls back at the wolf. Anaria stands in front of her son. 

"A dangerous creature that has roamed this forest for quite sometime, eating other familiars." Anaria states. 

Kyo summons his gauntlets and brings them together. "Then let's beat this thing's ass!" 

The monster snarled in shock at Kyo's gauntlets and stepped back. 

"I think it's afraid of you." Anaria concedes. Kyo slowly approaches the monster as it snarls back in fear. 

"Hey. Not gonna hurt you." Kyo says calmly. The monster slowly steps towards him, revealing its height to be at least ten feet tall. 

Kyo deactivated his left gauntlet and stuck his hand out to the monster. He then gently touched its snout and worked his up its face. Kyo rubbed his hand underneath the creature's jaw and smiled. 

"You're not so bad, are ya?" Kyo chuckles. The monster leans its head against Kyo's hand and growls lowly in pleasure. 

Suddenly screaming is heard and Kyo looks in the direction it came from. 

"ASIA!" Kyo then ran along with Anaria, who sprouted black-feathered and flew over the forest, and Charn and the monster kept close pace with him. 

Kyo, Anaria, Charn, and the monster then exited the forest to see Asia, Rias, Koneko, and Akeno all covered in green slime and dissolving their clothes to reveal their figures. 

Issei covered his eyes. "Crap. This a nightmare." 

"Issei, you've unlocked your Sacred Gear, right?" Kyo asks. 

"Uh, yeah?" Issei then summons his gauntlet on his left hand. "Why?" 

"Let's roast them!" Kyo summons back his other gauntlet and aims them both at the girls. 

"Kyo, what're you doing?!" Rias cries. Kyo and Issei both aim their fists and send various shots of red and green at the slime, burning and eliminating them one by one. 

Kyo and then removes his jacket and his shirt and gives them both to Akeno and Rias. "Here. These should keep you covered till we get back." 

It was at that moment that everyone, minus Rias, noticed all the scars and bruises that were on Kyo's body. 

Issei clears his throat and hands his jacket to Koneko. "You girls okay?" 

"We're fine. This slime was sooo naughty." Akeno giggles putting on Kyo's jacket. 

Suddenly a blue dragon comes down and clings to Asia's shoulder. "Hmm, it appears that sprite dragon has taken a liking to that girl. Which means that it'll be a true help to your friend in the real world." 

"So you mean Asia and that thing are bonded now?" Kiba says. 

Anaria then walks up. "So it would appear." 

The group readies themselves upon seeing the woman and the monster. Kyo jumps in front of them. "WHOA, HEY! They're cool. Guys, this is my mother, Anaria. And this...thing, is going to be my familiar." 

Rias drops her jaw. "This woman is your mother?" 

Anaria bows. "I am Anaria. Pleased to meet all of you. I hope my son hasn't been too much trouble to you, Lady Rias." 

"Mother!" Kyo whines. 

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

"In the name of Asia Argento and devils everywhere, I command you to accept this pact and be my familiar forever." Asia says to the sprite dragon, making it glow green and look up at them. 

"Well, looks to me like you got a friend." Akeno smiles. "I think the two of you will be very happy together." 

Kyo looks at the monster. "Now for you. In the name of Kyo Najasaki and devils everywhere, I command you to accept this pact and be my familiar forever." 

The monster glows green and changes into human form. 

"Pleased to meet you all. Your desires are my commands, Master Kyo." The human says. 

Kyo nods. "Now, to give you a name. How about...Indo?" 

Indo nods. "My name is Indo." 

Kyo then gets a thought. "Rias, is it possible to get two familiars?" 

"It's never been done, but I don't see why not." Rias shrugs. 

Kyo then looks down at Charn. "Charn ol' pal, get ready." Kyo repeats the chant to Charn and watches as he glows green and reappears in different form. 

"Huh, not what I expected, but it'll do." Charn says satisfied. He stood seven feet tall and looked down at Kyo. "What do you think, Kyo?" 

Kyo laughs. "Least you won't have to beg for me to reach the treats off of the top of the fridge." 

Everyone else laughs in agreement. 

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

Kyo was sitting in the ORC room after everyone went home. His mother had been kindly introduced to Issei's parents and was given a room next to Kyo's in case they wanted to talk. 

Rias then enters and sees him. "Kyo?" 

Kyo sits up. "Hey, Rias. What's up?" 

"Kyo, there's something that's been on my mind that you never answered to me a while back." 

"What?" 

"How DID you get those scars all over your body?" Rias asks sitting next to him. 

Kyo stiffens and looks away. "Rias...I don't think-" 

Rias puts her hand on his cheek and makes him look at her. "Kyo, please. Whatever it is, you can tell me. As your master, let me help you." 

Kyo sighs as he stands and leans against the window frame. "When I was young, I was brought into a family of nothing but women. I was the only guy. Growing up the women started treating me in unbelievably wrong ways. They made me a slave, they used me, beat me, raped me, tortured, starved, broke, however you wanna call it, they nearly drove me to the point of insanity. When I was old enough, I ran away and found Issei and his parents. They took me in and treated me like their own son and Issei treated me like a brother. But to this day I still get nightmares about when I stayed with those witches. It's just...I just-" 

Rias turned Kyo around and embraced him tightly. "Shh, just let it out." Kyo sniffled before sobbing into her shoulder. Rias stroked Kyo's hair soothingly and rubbed his back. "Kyo, what you went through should never have happened to you. But I promise, as your master and as someone who cares about you deeply, it will be my duty to make sure your life is filled with nothing but happiness and joy. Trust in me, I promise you will never feel this mental anguish again." 

Kyo hugs her tighter. "Thank you." 

Rias smiles and releases a tear of her own. "Want me to sleep with you?" 

Kyo nods. "I could honestly use the company, so please don't go anywhere." 

"I will always be with you forever, Kyo. I will never abandon you." Rias whispers. They both then fall asleep on the couch in each other's arms. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 102 21
In this alternate universe, the world of quirks had made most if not all of humanity stop believing in the supernatural. However, two brothers who ar...
499 5 7
(This is my first EVER highschool dxd fanfic so don't expect it to be the best, also English isn't my first language) (I also do plan to rewrite this...
19.4K 343 7
Y/n L/n was powerless. As a member of a noble devil family, that made him an outcast. His family mocked him, spat on him, tormented him, all because...
1.7M 15.2K 60
Inspired by @Astro_Reaper22 and @TheWidowMaker, I decided to make a dxd x male reader(this is my first book so don't hate on me okay?) Disclaimer: I...