SEVENTEEN, duncan shepherd

By offallenangels

❝ I WAS A DAISY-FRESH GIRL AND LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO ME.❞ Duncan Shepherd x OC / House of Cards Season 6 A... More

SUMMARY
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
NEW STORY

ONE

1.6K 39 18
By offallenangels

CHAPTER ONE
THE WEDDING

CINDY didn't know what to expect when she woke up Sunday morning. What should have been a normal day in early April was actually quite the opposite. While it wasn't her day, it was the day that would determine her future... in a way.

Her mother was tying the knot with the infamous Duncan Shepherd. The day her mother sat down Cindy and her sister to inform them about the engagement, the young girl was shook. Ever since she had become a teenager and aware of the world around her, she had watched programs on television covering her mothers fiancé and had read plenty of tabloids with his face on it. At one point in her fifteen year old crush phase, she had gone as far as to search for Duncan Shepherd on Instagram, hoping she could entice him into becoming her sugar daddy, not that she even needed one. The girl had read too much fanfiction growing up.

Melanie, her older sister, was just as confused as Cindy was. While Melanie was three years older and attending Georgetown University, she still lived at home because not only was it within a reasonable distance from her school but she also had plans to obtain an internship in the political scene.

Melanie and Cindy has never been the closest of sisters. If they didn't look vaguely related, the two could have been taken for mortal enemies instead of siblings. Cindy could never figure out why her old sister despised her but Cindy knew her exact reason for hating her sister's guts. Not only did Melanie dislike Cindy but she was also mother's favorite. No matter what Cindy did, she could never earn the satisfaction of her mother. Her mom always told her to be more like her sister even when she outperformed Melanie.

On top of having an older sibling that hated her, Cindy practically didn't have a mother. Misty Blaine was one of California's two senators. Instead of living in California and only traveling to D.C. when the Senate was in session, Misty moved to the capital full time with her two girls after her divorce. Cindy never actually understood how it was legal to be the senator of a state and not reside there. Her mother was a workaholic and completely dedicated to the Republican Party. When Melanie was too young to watch her sister alone, the girls had a sitter most nights of the week. When Melanie became of age, sixteen to be exact, the sitter was no longer needed as the eldest daughter could drive. After Melanie graduated, it felt like it was just Cindy. Looking back on it, Cindy felt like she had raised herself.

Despite everything, the seventeen year old wouldn't say she had a bad life if ever asked. She thought herself very fortunate that her mother was so important to the Republican Party that her paycheck allowed the Blaine family to live in a large home, drive expensive cars, and wear designer clothes. In addition, her father supplied her credit card money. It was his way for making up for not being around. Even though she was born with a silver spoon in her mouth and sat in the lap of luxury, Cindy wouldn't consider herself a spoiled brat. She worked hard for her good grades and was extremely well mannered when she wanted to be. The girl knew how to handle being told no and knew that being grateful and humble was important.

Picking up her iPhone X off the bedside table, the female pressed shuffle on her music and began to get ready for the long day she would have ahead of her. Her mother had hired professionals to come and do her daughters' hair and make up as the wedding would be featured all over D.C. so everyone involved in the event needed to look perfect.

•••

It was officially ten o'clock and the two sisters were ready to head to the wedding venue. Melanie hadn't said a word to Cindy in the two hours they had been in the same room as one another — not that it wasn't something she wasn't used to.

When Melanie's hair was done being curled, she left the room without saying anything and a few minutes later, Cindy heard the revving of a car engine. Rolling her eyes, she continued to scroll through Instagram and liked a few of her friends photos. Her mother had ordered a limo for the two girls to take to the hotel where the wedding was being held but of course Melanie went off and did her own thing.

Twenty minutes later, Cindy sat in the back of the limo, silence enveloping her as she was alone. She didn't connect her phone to the AUX cord - that had several adapters on it for newer phones - like any normal teenager would have. Instead, she enjoyed the silence and pondered over what her life would be like after she became Cindy Shepherd. Well, she didn't have to become Cindy Shepherd but it had a nice ring to it and the power that came with it wouldn't hurt.

•••

The place where the grand event was taking place happened to be one of the most upscale hotels in D.C. The location of the wedding venue itself was a series of buildings on the other side of the property.

Cindy's heels clicked against the marble floor as she strode down the hallway on a mission. Her mother had called and asked for Cindy to bring her a soda as her blood sugar was getting low. With a soda in hand, Cindy's dainty hand grasped the golden door knob, twisted, and pushed open the door. "Mom, I have your drink!" She called before fully entering the room. However, when she had the door closed behind her, she quickly realized that she wasn't in her mothers' room. Instead, she had someone managed to stumble into the one and only Duncan Shepherd's room.

Her pale blue irises met the gaze of Duncan's own cold blue eyes. He sat on the leather couch that was on one side of the room, phone held next to his ear, apparently on the phone with someone. He wore a black and white tuxedo, as is standard for a groom getting married. His face that was normally shown to have some stubble on it was clean shaven and his hair was nearly styled. Saying goodbye to whomever he was on the phone with, he ended the call, and put his phone on the glass table that was in front of the couch.

"I am so sorry!" Cindy started, her mind racing at a thousand words a second. This was her first time actually meeting her soon to be step father as her mother had never introduced her kids to him. "I was looking for my mom, your bride, and I thought this was her room." Cindy explained, beginning to back towards the door. She felt as if she was intruding and she didn't want to be a bother.

Duncan stood up gracefully before opening his mouth, "Don't worry about it, sweetheart. It's quite easy to get lost in this place." He reassured her, a charming smile spreading across his lips. Had her back not been against the wooden door by now, Cindy probably would have gone weak to her knees. Duncan Shepherd's voice sounded like silk hitting rocks. It was smooth but had just enough gravel to it.

Cindy returned the smile, hers less confident than his however. She was in no way used to these situations. Usually when it came to meeting new people, she was outgoing and confident. However, there was something surreal about seeing her teenage crush in front of her for the first time and knowing that he was to become her stepfather in a matter of hours.

By now, he was standing in a few feet in front of her, his smile nor gaze never faltering. The man's whole aura screamed confidence. "Duncan Shepherd," he formally introducing himself, extending his hand for her to shake. "But you already knew that." He added cockily, titling his head ever slightly.

Had a boy her age introduced themselves like that to her, she would have probably slapped the confident smile right of their face. She tended to despise teen boys who thought they were "the shit". However, Duncan Shepherd was a grown man and he really was "the shit". "Cindy Blaine." She reciprocated his actions, her small hand fitting perfectly inside his larger one. Firmly shaking his hand, she dropped her arm back to her side when they finished. Duncan folded his behind his back.

He didn't open his mouth again, just stood there and observed her. His eyes traveled from her seafoam blue eyes, to her small nose, then to her pink lips that were covered in a shimmery gloss. From there his gaze trailed from the pale lavender strap of her dress, down the deep cut v-line that showed off a sliver of her small curves, to the lavender material that loosely clung to her hips, and then finally to where the gown met the floor.

Feeling her cheeks heat up from his stare, Cindy closed her eyes before opening them again to announce her departure. Much to her dismay, Duncan's eyes were already back on her own, meaning he was fully aware of the effect his lingering eyes had on her.

"I should go," she announced, her hand grabbing ahold of the handle behind her. "My mother's blood sugar is low so I need to give her the soda she asked for." Holding up the Pepsi bottle as proof, she quickly swung the door open, and left the room before Duncan had the chance to say anything.

He watched the young woman leave and listened to the sound of her heels click against the ground as she walked like a mad woman further down the hall. The man shook his head and let out a small chuckle as he closed the door. He looked forward to having the girl as his stepdaughter. She wasn't bad on the eyes either. Scolding himself, Duncan rolled his eyes at his own thoughts. Fantasizing about your soon to be wife's daughter? Your soon to be stepdaughter? Pushing her out of his mind, he sat back down on the couch and began to check his emails. Work was all he truly cared about.

•••

Misty Blaine has officially become Misty Shepherd which meant that Cindy was officially Cindy Shepherd. She clapped from her spot on the stairs next to her sister; both of them near the newly weds as they were Misty's bridesmaids. Instead of watching the adults kiss, Cindy looked out into the crowd, her eyes scanning the sea of important Washington officials. She saw one person that made her smile though: Justin.

Justin was the son of the other California senator. Since the Senate was in session, he was in D.C. with his father and had gotten special permission from some government official to shadow his dad. Justin wanted to go into politics when he became of age. It seemed like every person in Cindy's life wanted to be part of politics except her. The subject actually bored her even if she excelled in it at school.

Justin made a face at her, sticking his tongue out and crossing his eyes. His father quickly took notice and elbowed him, worried about the impression it would have if anyone saw him. The seventeen year old giggled and shook her head playfully before returning her attention to the newlyweds.

The pair were now descending the stairs that led to the alter, heading towards the center of the room so they could have the first dance. Taking this as her opportunity to leave, Cindy made her way down the steps as well and found her way to Justin's table. Taking a seat in the empty chair next to him, she watched Duncan dance with her mom. The two danced beautifully together but her mother seemed more into it than Duncan. "They look so happy!" She heard one woman gush. Rolling her eyes, Cindy realized that she was probably the only one that had picked up on Duncan's social cues of not being 100% into the dance.

"Just think, one day that'll be us," Justin winked playfully, nudging her shoulder with his own. This caused the young girl to snort, putting a perfectly manicured hand over her mouth. The two of them had been close friends since their parents had been part of the Senate and their running joke was that they were going to be married.

The first song ended, signaling that the other wedding attendees could join the bride and groom on the dance floor. Taking Justin's hand, Cindy and the boy made their way to the middle of the room. Surrounded by other couples, the two began to dance. They also danced perfectly together. It was almost as if they would be the ones getting married.

Feeling a pair of eyes on her, Cindy looked over Justin's shoulder and found Duncan watching the pair. He was currently dancing with her mother and had the same fake look of happiness on his face. Cindy sent him a small wave and a reassuring smile. She truly wanted him to make her mother happy. While she had never been her mother's favorite, she didn't wish her any ill will.

A few more songs passed as the young adults danced together, Justin going as far as spinning Cindy and then dipping her lowly. Giggling as he helped her into an upright position, they were interrupted by Duncan. "I was wondering if I could have a dance with my new stepdaughter," he said, his velvet voice creating butterflies in the girls stomach. Justin nodded and squeezed Cindy's hand before leaving her alone with Duncan.

Duncan intertwined his finger with Cindy's small ones and placed one hand on her lower back. "So tell me, is that your boyfriend?" He spoke without thinking. Duncan didn't particularly know why he would care. He told himself that he was just trying to get along with his stepdaughter.

Cindy laughed, her eyes crinkling in the corners and her nose scrunching up. A smile spread across her angelic face, "Oh god no! Justin is just a close friend." The two stepped back and forth in unison, their bodies becoming one as they moved to the music.

No further words were spoken as they both got lost in the music, genuinely enjoying the dance. Cindy loved the way her hand felt in Duncan's, almost like it belonged there. She told herself it was because she had craved a father figure. Duncan found peace in the moment he shared with Cindy, for once not thinking about work.

Looking up, Cindy realized that Duncan had been looking at her. In all honestly, Duncan had spaced out and was enjoying the serenity of the moment. Giving him a soft smile, Cindy brought him back to reality. The song ended and the stood there, looking at one another and not quite knowing what to do or say. The bubble of unknown was burst by the clapping of wedding goers.

"Look at that! My youngest baby dancing with my husband!" Misty swooned. Cindy looked over at how happy her mother was and gave her a toothy grin. Duncan looked over at his wife and gave her a nod of his head. Letting go of one another, Cindy took a couple steps away from him.

"See you around, Duncan."

•••

A/N: WOO! There's the first official chapter. It's kind of hard to set it up and like not hunt at things because we know where this is going but they don't. ANYWAYS, I'll probably write another chapter soon instead of doing my homework! I hope you enjoyed!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

141K 1K 25
Out now! 💗 Updated 2024 Copyright ©️ 2019 LEMON, which means... you know what. Disclaimer: May be uncomfortable to some people 🔞 Story cover image...
124K 2.8K 63
"All along there was some Invisible string tying you to me - derek hale x fem!oc! •++***++• Teen wolf SEASON ONE - SEASON SIX *• started: 6/26/23 *•...
37.3K 457 13
Just a collection of one shots from the wonderful show "Total Drama!"
39K 1.8K 21
❝𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩, 𝙖 𝙛𝙚𝙬 𝙢𝙤𝙤𝙣𝙨 𝙖𝙜𝙤 𝙞 𝙨𝙖𝙬 𝙛𝙡𝙚𝙘𝙠𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙'𝙫𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙡𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙨 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙞𝙩 𝙢𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙟�...