SIXTEEN

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
ROCK BOTTOM

The large, brick house stood in front of the teenager

The large, brick house stood in front of the teenager. Easily passing the black, iron gates - she knew the four digit access code - Cindy pulled into the perfectly paved driveway.

Sitting in her car for a few moments, the girl came to the conclusion that she had officially reached rock bottom. She was her step father's mistress but practically head over heels for him. She had slapped her sister. She flicked off her father. And to top it off, ran away from her mother.

Sighing, she unbuckled her seatbelt, and got out of the Jeep. With a frown etched into her face, she prepared to knock on the door.

•••

The teenage boy sighed, his chin resting in the palm of his hand, elbow on the countertop. His brown eyes watched the blonde girl go from one side of the room to the other again and again.

"Enough!" Thomas finally spoke, his arm giving in and his forehead hitting the marble counter top. He continued to bang his head against it a few more times before readdressing his friend. "Cindy, you have been pacing for the past thirty minutes. I'm pretty sure you're already insane and you're on the verge of driving me crazy so sit your ass down."

Cindy eventually stopped pacing, deciding that it was the better decision to make or her friend would probably end up knocking himself out. Instead of sitting on a bar stool next to him however, she laid down in the middle of the kitchen floor. She felt like she was having a midlife crisis and deemed it the most appropriate spot.

"In my professional opinion, you should suck it up, go home, and apologize to your parents. We can both pray they don't murder you." Thomas told her his honest opinion.

Cindy sat up immediately, her blond hair a little messier than it was before. "And you said I'm the crazy one? That is a horrible plan!"

The boy shrugged, looking at his electric blue nails. "That or we can call Duncan and get his opinion. I'm sure your sugar daddy will fund you."

"Thomas! What are you not understanding? I'm mad at my parents and Duncan!" She explained, returning to her previous position. Her blue eyes stared into the kitchen light as she had her crisis.

The male raised an eyebrow at his best friend. He had never seen her behave this way before and it was genuinely scaring him that the girl was okay with laying on the kitchen floor in her designer clothes.

While she was busy staring into the void, Thomas discretely grabbed her phone that was sitting on the counter a few feet away. Luckily he knew her password - Langdon, the last name of her favorite AHS character - and easily gained access to her phone.