TWENTY

CHAPTER TWENTY
TORN APART

Charles Saint was beyond furious

Charles Saint was beyond furious. The man was practically seeing red everywhere he looked. The information he had just learned ruined so many aspects of his life: his career, his family, and quite possibly his reputation.

He scanned the email one more time, making use he didn't miss anything. Double checking that his friend wasn't pulling a practical joke on him. To his dismay, the email read the same as it had before.

Attached to the email were several pictures of Duncan Shepherd with his youngest daughter. Some of the photos depicted a normal familiar relationship: the two eating dinner or sitting in the same car. Others showed a much more intimate relationship:the two holding hands or kissing.

Charles was pissed. Not only had his ex wife allowed her husband to sleep with their daughter right under her nose but Saint Enterprises was about to lose one of their biggest deals of the year. There was no way Charles would allow his business to partner with Shepherd Foundation after what he had just found out.

Saving the photos in a password protected folder that was then saved to an encrypted flash drive, Saint slammed his expensive laptop shut. Standing up, he briskly left his hotel room. He was going to make sure that Duncan Shepherd never so much as talked to his youngest daughter again.

•••

Disappointment was written all over Annette Shepherd's face. The woman who usually held a stoic expression could not hide her emotions in the moment. Not while she knew her son had continued to mess around with a minor.

"I told you to stop seeing her!" Annette whisper shouted at her son who stood across from her.

The pair were arguing in the dining room of Duncan's penthouse. He had taken his mother as far as possible from Cindy whom was still asleep in his bed.

"You have never cared who I have slept with as long as I continued to do your bidding! I kept Esmeralda West silent for years. And as for Misty Blaine, I fucking married her!" He argued with the woman, his arms folded over his chest.

"Her father knows." Annette said, her lips in a flat line. "Charles Saint knows that you've been fucking his youngest daughter. Let that sink in."

"Charles Saint? He's her father?" Duncan asked, his eyes going slightly wide with shock. He had no idea that Misty's ex husband had been the CEO of a million dollar tech company that was currently designing an app for the Shepherd Freedom Foundation.

"Yes!" Annette hissed, her fingers pinching the bridge of his nose. "He pulled out of the legally binding contract hours ago. When our lawyers threatened to sue him, he stated that he was going to be seeing you in court anyways."

Shepherd began to panic, his fingers running through his hair. "What the fuck do I do, ma?"

"Lucky for you, he called me." Annette replied, pulling a chair from under the dining table, and sitting down. "You stop seeing his daughter immediately and he won't press any charges."