Possession [H.S] ✓

By PunkiePie

[Completed: ✓] [Book One in the Possessive Series.] In my world people like me die almost every day. We human... More

Before You Read...
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen*
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen*
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four*
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight*
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Epilogue
Sequel Information & Thanks

Chapter Forty

8.4K 241 75
By PunkiePie

>Future chapters will be posted every Friday or Saturday.<

Layla.

I didn’t know where I was, or who I was with, or even if it was safe here. The only thing I did know was that nothing was right anymore. Harry doesn’t know where I am, and he’ll run out of his back up supply of blood bags in a few days since I haven’t been adding to it, just like I was supposed to. Damaris ruined everything, and I knew that was his plan; kill Harry, and I wouldn’t belong to anyone anymore. It was stupider than my plan to contact him.

My eyes fluttered slightly, and I squeezed them shut. Something didn’t feel right about my surroundings, my body was stiff and I felt sick. My head was throbbing to the point where it was almost impossible to think. Slowly, I forced my eye lids open, and I stared up at what looked to be a brick ceiling.

I frowned.

Where the hell are we? It’s too dark. And it smells like fresh dirt.

I squinted and finally noticed the vague outline of someone off the far left, but I couldn’t make out any features. “Hello? Who’s there?” I asked, and cleared my throat. I was parched, I needed something to drink.

No one responded, but I think I saw the person shift their face down to the floor.

“Please, who are you? Can you help me?” I asked again, and started to get off of the bed, but then I realized I couldn’t. There was a chain around my ankle that kept me locked to the bed. I glared at it, and jerked at the chain, trying to see if there was some way that I could knock it loose, however, it didn’t budge. He really locked me to the dame bed.

“There’s nothing you or I can do, so you might as well stay still and silent. You’ll need your energy for what’s about to come,” The voice said, and they straightened their back to lean against the concrete wall. I now noticed dark hair, long dark hair, and the tone of voice identified this person as a female.

“What’s about to come?” I whispered, and bit my lip.

Her head turned to face me, and my eyes were beginning to adjust to the darkness. I could see that her eyes were glassy, almost as if she were seeing right through me. “You don’t want to know.”

“Emma?” I gasped out as I suddenly realized why her face looked so familiar to me.

She stilled, and looked up at the ceiling before she slumped slightly. “How do you know my name, Layla?”

“I could ask you the same thing,” I responded, and felt confusion filling my mind.

“Probably the same way you know mine,” She said, and laughed quietly. “Harry or Justin.”

“You know Harry?” I asked, and blinked a few times. Justin had mentioned that, didn’t he? I couldn’t remember very well, my memories were clouded and vague due to Damaris’ compulsion.

My head was really beginning to hurt.

She cracked a faint smile. “He practically raised me.”

“He did?”

She nodded. “My parents were killed during a rouge vampire attack on our village. He found me, two other girls, and kept us safe.”

“And that’s where you met my brother?” I asked her.

“He finally told you, I see,” Emma said, and laughed quietly. The noise was slightly shaky, and she looked so much weaker than she had in the picture Justin showed me. “So what exactly has Justin told you about me?”

“He said that you were tiny, and that you were one of the stereotype girls that are obsessed with happy endings,” I softly told her, and laughed a bit under my breath. He also accused me of being the same way, but I didn’t want to admit it out loud of his accusation being true.

She let out a long breath. “He loves to call me tiny,” She mumbled, and I could barely just make out the words. “I guess I am, can you blame me though, with the world we live in?”

“How did you get here?” I asked her, deciding to jump to another subject.

Emma’s eyes suddenly looked far away, and the look faded as she blinked. “They’re coming,” She whispered, and pressed herself up against the wall. “Layla, don’t give them what they want. Whether it be a reaction of fear or something physical, don’t give them it. They’ll thrive on the power they have over you,” She quickly whispered to me just as I began hearing footsteps and voices from above.

My fingers grabbed the chain from around my ankle, and I jerked on it again, but it still didn’t give way. I hated feeling trapped like this, Harry use to keep me trapped like this, by my hands, in the car just because he was afraid of me injuring myself.

The door directly across from the bed I was laying on, which I just now noticed due to how dark it was in this room, opened and light, flooded into the room. I squinted slightly; being in the dark for the past few minutes has made me highly sensitive to the light. It would take a few more moments for me to adjust back.

“Layla,” Damaris said as he suddenly appeared beside my bed. He held an old fashion lantern in his hand, and he was wearing a dark cloak.

I cringed slightly. “You’re a part of the Rogue Order?” I whispered as I suddenly realized the reason for the tacky clothing item, and shook my head in disbelief. “You can’t be. You told me that you would never be a part of something like that, Damaris. It’s too dangerous.”

He rolled his eyes, and sat down beside me. “Yes, I’m a part of the Rogue Order, Layla. My dad was the leader, he was killed, and they needed a new leader. We’re a strong group.”

“Your dad was killed over ten years ago, Damaris. You were only eight years old; an eight year old can’t be the leader of the Rogue Order,” I said, and shook my head again. God, he was an idiot. How could he do this? He promised me!

“Exactly.”

My head snapped up, and I took in the unknown male that walked into the room. He was tale, and had dark hair, and a thick beard. His eyes were darker than his hair, and his skin was white as a sheet of paper. He looked ancient and young all at the same time; he was a true definition of immortal.

“Who are you?” I whispered, and blinked a few times.

“My name is Marcus,” He coarsely responded. His voice was cold, and dead. He scared me more than anyone I’d ever met before; including Harry when I first met him. “It’s very nice to meet the lovely lady that young Damaris seems to be so infatuated with,” He said, and grabbed my hand, before placing a soft kiss to the back. His lips were dry, and freezing. My stomach twisted.

“Love,” Damaris corrected him, and his eyes narrowed as he looked at the other male. “Love, Marcus. I love her.”

“Yes, yes,” He said, in a clipped tone. “I’m just glad you’re here already so he’ll finally shut up about your situation.”

“I was fine where I was before,” I snapped to him, and my fingers clutched the dirty sheet below me. I reminded myself what Emma told me to do; I can’t give him what he wants. He wants me to be afraid, so I can’t be afraid.

Damaris sighed. “See? This is what I was telling you about, she’s completely out of her mind. She never used to be this way before, and I think something is wrong with her,” He gushed out, and I suddenly saw the man I remembered growing up. His soft side was showing, but it wasn’t showing in the way I wanted it to. He was acting as if he owned me.

Marcus walked closer to me, and stared into my eyes. His hand suddenly grabbed my chin, and I narrowed my eyes as he shifted my head from side to side, almost as if he were pretending to examine me. It was obvious that he was just humoring Damaris. “She certainly seems delusional, but being around the made vampires can do that to you.” He glanced over his shoulder at the other female in the room.

Emma scoffed slightly. “You two are the only delusional ones in this room.”

“Oh, my dear, lovely, Emma. Still showing those hard feelings, aren’t we?” Marcus said as he turned around to look at her.

“Hard feelings?” She asked, and scoffed again. “That’s putting the shit you’ve put me through lightly. I won’t give you what you want, what she wants,” She said through her teeth.

Marcus laughed, and knelt down to her, then gripped her face in the same way he had gripped mine, but I could tell he held her face tighter. Emma’s arms were bound behind her back, so she couldn’t slap him away, and I could tell how much she wanted to. “Oh, she can be very persuasive. You won’t be saying that once you hear her offer.”

She spat in his face. “I don’t want to hear her offers. I’m loyal to Lord Harry, and I will not betray him,” She said through her teeth.

He shoved her head back against the concrete, and she cried out slightly, but other than that she didn’t react to the pain she must have been feeling. “I can’t wait to see you burn on that stake, just like the witches before your time, you little bitch.” 

She laughed weakly and watched him stand up. “You won’t get the chance,” She responded, and shook her head.

Marcus looked off to his side. “Get her out of here,” He ordered, and three men came into the room. I couldn’t tell if they were the same men that had beat Justin up, and I didn’t care. They were all so much alike that it was sickening.

“No! Leave her alone, please,” I said, and to get off of the bed despite the chain that was wrapped around my ankle.

Damaris shoved me back down onto the mattress, a bit too hard for my liking, and shook his head. “Layla, no. You don’t-,”

“No! I don’t care what you’re going to say. You can’t hurt her,” I said, and looked at Marcus. “Please, whatever you want, I’ll give you whatever you want.”

Marcus laughed, and Emma shook her head violently. She was being held by the three men; they each had a hand or two on her and were lifting her feet off of the floor. “Layla, don’t do this. I’m not worth it. You have to protect them!” She screamed as she was pulled out of the room, or rather, carried out of the room with Marcus following behind. They left the door open, and if I didn’t have this chain keeping me in place then I would make a run for it.

“She’s a witch, Layla,” Damaris said, and knelt down to me. “They’re dangerous.”

I stared at him for a moment, and gritted my teeth. “Witches worked with the lamia during the beginning of the war. What makes them so dangerous now, when they went then?” I asked him.

“They can’t be trusted,” He said, and put his hands on my shoulders. “Why do you think they’re almost extinct? They betrayed us to work with the made vampires.”

“Because they knew you shouldn’t be in charge,” I whispered, and gritted my teeth. “You’re the ones that can’t be trusted; you’re proving that now by doing this to me.”

“I’m saving you!” He snapped, and his grip tightened on my shoulders. “I saved you, Layla,” He repeated, and shook me.

I shoved him away from me, and grunted in annoyance. “You had my brother nearly beaten to death. I don’t even know if he’s alive!” I said, and tears were beginning to fall down my cheeks.

“He is alive,” Damaris clarified through his teeth. “They left him alive, Layla. I made sure.”

I quickly wiped off my cheeks before he could get the chance to try. “You don’t even believe that he’s my brother, Damaris. You think I’m brainwashed, and I’m not, I just grew up and learned more about the people I hated most in my life. They aren’t as bad as you made me believe-,”

He cut me off with a low growl. “They killed my dad, Layla! They shoved a stake through his heart, and you’re telling me that they aren’t that bad?”

“It wasn’t Harry that did it! He’s not as bad you think, none of the ones I’ve meet in the last couple weeks are. They wouldn’t do something like that, they’re nice people,” I said, and tried to reason with him. Zayn wasn’t that bad, especially now after I realized how much grief he’s had to deal with in his life. I don’t blame him for hating everyone and everything around him. I don’t even blame him for hating me.

“They aren’t people!” He barked in my face. “They’re artificial bastar-,”

I cut him off by slapping him as hard as I could. I knew that it probably didn’t hurt him, but I didn’t want him to finish what he was saying. “They aren’t what you think, you don’t even them.”

“They aren’t real vampires, Layla,” He all but yelled at me, and ran his fingers through his hair to show his annoyance. “They were bitten and changed; they weren’t born like a vampire should be. The lamia are real vampires, higher class vampires, and we should be the ones that control this world, not Lord Harry and those other idiots.”

“They aren’t idiots!” I snapped at him, and jabbed my finger at his chest. “They are older, and wiser, than you or anyone else you’ve got in this Rogue Order.”

He cracked a faint, sarcastic, smile. “Marcus is almost as old as Harry, and he was one of the lamia vampires there when Harry cheated his way to winning all the glory of the war.”

“No one knows how he won it,” I responded. That’s what Justin told me, no one knew the truth about how Harry eventually won the war.

“Yes,” He agreed, and laughed slightly. “But we all have our assumptions. Like most of here just think that Lord Harry fucked the leader of the witches to beat our kind. It wouldn’t have been the first time he had to put out to get what he wanted.”

I scoffed. “You’re making him out to be a man slut, and he’s not.” My lips twitched with humor. “Besides, he’s not that good in bed. Not good enough to win the war and control over all vampires.” Uh oh. No. Why did I have to say that? He’s going to realize-

“That slimly, artificial, condescending dick took your virginity?” Damaris asked through his teeth.

I pressed my lips together. God, I’m such an idiot. Why do I always have to try to have the last word in these conversations? I need to learn to keep my mouth shut.

“Did he?” He repeated, his expression turning darker and darker by the minute.

I gulped. “It’s none of your business, Damaris. I’m an adult, I can choose who I want to sleep with and who I don’t,” I said carefully, trying to make it clear that I didn’t want to sleep with him at all to begin with. Or at least, I didn’t any more.

He growled faintly. “He used his compulsion, and took your virginity. He fucked you for his own pleasure, he probably hurt you, scarred you for life. Why didn’t you tell me this?”

“Because it’s none of your business!” I snapped once again at him. “I never wanted to sleep with you, Damaris. I chose to do it with Harry.”

“You never had the choice to do it with me. We were forced a part because of the auction.” He grabbed one of the legs of the bed that I was on, and jerked it until the wood came loose.

I screamed in shock as the bed tumbled off to the side, and I began to fall with it, but he caught me, and I held onto him to keep from calling on the cold, hard, concrete floor. “I wanted him to, Damaris. Don’t hold it against him just because it’s something I wanted,” I whispered, and shook my head.

“Something is wrong with you, Layla. Something has to be wrong; you weren’t like this before the auction!”

“I grew up,” I responded, “And I learned more about the world than the black and white one you created for yourself.”

“I didn’t create it. The world I’ve told you about is reality, Layla. You need to learn that or you’re never going to survive.” He pulled me closer to him, and his lips brushed against mine.

I resisted the urge to pull away, because I didn’t want to make him angry. If he dropped me, I’d fall on the floor and I didn’t want to injure myself while here. I needed my strength. “I’ve survived fine without you, Damaris.”

He shook his head, and his left hand slowly ran over my chest, squeezing it very softly. “Remember when I did this a while ago? You liked it. You love it when I touch you.” His pupils were dilating, and his expression was making me feel uncomfortable.

“I used to,” I said, and bit my lip. “Damaris we won’t work out, you have to let me go. Harry will die without me.”

“I don’t care,” He snapped, and I wasn’t what he didn’t care about; was it that Harry would die with me, or that I said I didn’t love when he touched me anymore? “I’m going to make you love it again, Layla. You didn’t think we were possible, so you pushed your feelings for me aside. It’s okay to be afraid, but I love you and I want to take care of you.”

I frowned slightly, and slowly, and hesitantly, put my hand against his cheek. His blue eyes were nearly glowing from my touch, and I could feel my heart beating faster in my chest. All the emotions I had felt toward him, and had pushed away, were suddenly coming back and smashing me in the face. My head was spinning, and I didn’t know what I should do, or even say, so I decided to say what was probably expected out of me. “I’m not a little girl anymore, Damaris. I don’t need you, or anyone, to take care of me.”

“You’re human, Layla. A very special human that people want to kill.” He frowned, and his arm pulled me closer to his body. “Why do you think you were down here with that witch? Some of the members want you dead because they know you’re Lord Harry’s life source. If you die, then he will die a slow and painful death. Everyone believes it’s what he deserves.”

“He doesn’t deserve something like that. He’s a good person,” I whispered.

“He’s only tricked you into believing that. You need to remember what I taught you.”

I narrowed my eyes. “Damaris, you used to tell me that witches weren’t real, that magic wasn’t real. And that turned out to be the largest lie in the world. How can I believe, and remember, everything you taught me? How do I know it’s not a lie?”

He lips pressed against mine for a few seconds, and my hand that was on his cheek slowly moved to the back of his head, then hesitantly held him in place. His lips were softer than I remembered, and they molded against mine in way that had my head spinning. “Trust your heart, babe. You know I care about you.”

I sighed slightly, and couldn’t help but laugh. “You know I hate when you call me that. It’s too cliché.”

He grinned at me. “I love you, Layla. Please don’t forget that. Everything that’s going to happen is so that I can protect you.”

“You can’t protect me from everything, and I don’t want you to either. I don’t want to be babied by anyone anymore.”

“You won’t be, because once Marcus gives me the okay, I’m changing you into a vampire so that you’ll always be with me.”

Harry.

“Mate, no, you’ve got to stay down,” I said, and shoved Justin, more forcefully than necessary due to his weak state, back down onto the bed Leigha instructed me to put him on.

“No, I’ve got to find her. They took Layla, Harry!” He snapped, and tried to push my hands away, but he couldn’t.

“Justin, we’ve got more problems than just Layla right now,” I said, and looked off to the side where Lauren and Bridget were standing.

He turned his head to look at them, and I waited for him to realize what was missing. The paleness of his skin increased, and he quickly looked back at me. “Where’s Emma?”

“I-,” I began, but he quickly shut me up by sitting up and looking at Bridget and Lauren.

“Bridget, Lauren, where is she?” He asked them, and I could tell he was feeling more tension when neither of them spoke up. “Someone tell me where she is!” He barked at everyone in the group.

“Why do you care so much?” I asked him, and frowned. Sure, he and Emma had been close for practically their entire lives, but he seemed more worried about her than I would have thought.

He didn’t answer me, and just kept looking around at all of the faces; his expression was just begging someone to tell him what was going on.

Lauren frowned slightly, and walked over to us, then knelt down beside us. “Justin, they took her too.”

“We aren’t sure it’s the same group, Lauren,” I said, quickly, just so that Justin wouldn’t make any other assumptions about the situation. I wanted Emma back just as much as I wanted Layla back, but I still wasn’t one hundred percent sure they were both being held by the same people. It was a possibility, just not the only one out there.

“Justin said they were wearing dark cloaks, Harry,” She responded, and her shoulders sagged.

“So?” I said. That didn’t matter; they weren’t the only one with that odd fashion choice.

“The people that broke in were wearing dark cloaks with hoods covering their faces, Harry,” Bridget spoke up, and crossed her arms. “It’s the same group.”

“The Rogue Order,” Lauren agreed with a head nod.

My jaw locked slightly, and I closed my eyes in annoyance. “The largest lamia resistance group? I should’ve known,” I said, and shook my head. “I should’ve known that Damaris was a part of that. His father was the leader.”

“Well, this is getting us somewhere,” Leigha said as she walked into the room. She had changed out of her yellow summer dress with sunflowers on it into jeans and a gray shirt, and her hair was up in a ponytail. “At least we know the who. Now we just need to figure out the why, and the where.”

“We know the why,” Niall said, and I looked over at him. He was leaning against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest. He had been there ever since I brought Justin into this room, and he had blended into the background. “They took Layla because she’s Harry’s weakness, and because Damaris likes her. They took Emma because of her gift.”

“We all have a gift,” Bridget said, and shook her head. “All of our gifts are valuable in some way or another. Why only take Emma and leave Lauren and me to die?”

“Because they can’t control all of you at once, and they must only want to see what’s in the future, not what happened in the past or what’s happening in the present,” I said, and nodded slightly. It made sense. “Bridget, are you sure you can’t see where they are right now?”

She exhaled, and closed her eyes for a few seconds before she frowned and shook her head. “Yes, I’m sure. They’ve got me blocked right now, and I don’t know how. It’s frustrating, and it’s nothing but a blur. I can’t even make out voices, let alone faces or an exact location.”

“Where does the Rogue Order usually hide?” Justin asked, and looked around at all of us. “You must know where they choose to do most of their business. It would have to be secluded area, one where no one would be able to know about except for them. And you guys know everything about the Isles, because you run them.”

Lauren frowned, and shook her head. “They wouldn’t be on any of the Isles. It’d be too risky to be here because the Lords live here.”

“How could they even get them off of the Isle? Every single area around the island is guarded. I know when, and where, ships and boats take off,” I responded.

“They probably had a private boat hidden somewhere in the mountains,” Liam said as he walked into the room. He went straight to Leigha, and put his arm around her shoulders. “There’s an old abandoned dock there, and I’ve caught people sneaking onto the Isle from over there before. It’s been boarded up, and blocked off, but with some careful maneuvering, someone could easily use it as a place to dock their boat, get two small girls onto it, and sail away before being noticed.”

“Emma would put up a fight, I know she would,” Justin said, and frowned. “Layla would be too worried about me for her to fight too hard.” The bruises on his face were slowly healing, and the painful split in his lip was already gone.

“Compulsion would’ve been used,” Leigha said.

I shook my head along with Lauren and Bridget, and then pressed my lips together. “Witches can resist compulsion better than any human. Their heightened sense and gifts make it almost impossible to use vampire mind-tricks on them.”

“They hurt her then,” Justin said, stiffly, and his eyes turned red. “I swear to God if she’s gone so much as a cut on her skin when I get her back I’ll kill them.” The words were spoken through his teeth.

“I still don’t understand why you care this much about her, Justin,” I said, and raised my eyebrows. “I know that the two of you were close, but not as close as you’re making it out to be.”

“Harry, you’re so much dumber than I thought you were,” Bridget said, and rolled her eyes before she gestured to Liam and Leigha. His arm was still wrapped around her, and her head was resting on his chest. She wanted me to look at them to make something click, and it finally did after a few seconds. God, I’m so slow. Why hadn’t I seen it before?

“You were a couple?” I asked Justin, slowly. “Why didn’t you ever tell me?”

“I didn’t think you’d approve of it,” He responded, and laid back on the bed. “I didn’t think you’d approve because of our age difference, and because witches and vampires – especially made vampires – aren’t supposed to be together.”

“Age difference?” I scoffed. “Justin, I’m six thousand years old, and Layla is nineteen. When you’re a vampire age doesn’t really matter anymore. And I honestly don’t care about interloping species. Emma’s a great girl. You should’ve trusted me more.”

“It wasn’t so much you that I didn’t trust,” He paused to gesture at the others in the room, “It was everyone else that I didn’t trust.”

“You can’t help who you fall in love with,” Leigha spoke up, and her head shifted slightly to look at Liam. She smiled, and leaned more against him. “None of us would’ve judged you for falling in love with someone of a different species.”

“It doesn’t really matter anymore,” Justin said, with slight hesitation. “They’re going to kill her anyway.”

“No, they’re not, Justin,” Bridget suddenly said, and walked over to him. She smacked him on the back of his head, and I tried to hide my smile at her attitude. Even when he was obviously weak, and couldn’t fight back, she still would do something like that. “They won’t touch her. They need her.”

“They want her for her gift, Bridget. They want to know the future so that they can beat the made vampires in some way, and she won’t let them. She’s too stubborn, and it’s going to get her killed.” He sighed.

“She’s too valuable to just kill. They’ll try to use compulsion on her first,” She responded.

“Compulsion doesn’t work on witches,” I interjected, and my heart felt heavy. I didn’t like adding more to the likely hood that Emma won’t be alive for very much longer.

“It doesn’t work for most vampires to use compulsion on a witch,” Bridget said, and crossed her arms. “The older a vampire is, the more powerful their compulsion is. They won’t kill her until they’ve tried every possible thing to get her to work for them.”

“True,” Justin mumbled, and closed his eyes. “They’re bound to have a few older vampires on their side. The war has been over with for almost a thousand years, so most of the lamia they have will be just around there, I think.”

“We don’t know if that theory is correct just yet,” Niall suddenly spoke up, and pushed himself away from the wall.

“Niall,” I sighed. “Please stop poking holes into Emma’s chances for survival. It’s just going to make this situation feel even more helpless,” I all but begged him.

He rolled his eyes. “I’m an amateur scientist, Harry. I want to gather facts, so we’ll need to test out this theory that Bridget has brought up.”

“How?” I asked him, suddenly curious by his conclusion.

“Harry, you’re the oldest vampire in the world,” He began, and I realized where he was going his little test. “Granted, the lamia probably won’t have a vampire nearly close to your age on their side, but that doesn’t mean we can’t have you try to use your compulsion on either Bridget or Lauren.”

Bridget snorted in order to hide her laugh. “He’ll use it on me. Not Lauren. God knows that my mind is much more stubborn than the regular witch.”

He nodded. “You’ll need to explain just how hard it is to resist whatever he tells you to do. The easier it is, the younger the vampire will have to be, the harder, the older the vampire needs to be to have absolute control over her.”

She nodded and turned toward me. Her expression was a bit guarded, and she looked tense. “Harry, I swear to God if you try to make me do something stupid then I will shove the nearest pointy thing into your abdomen,” She warned me.

I laughed quietly, and nodded. “I fully understand that, Bridget,” I said, and locked my gaze with her. She went still as my pupils began to dilate, and she was under my compulsion, but it wasn’t as easy as it would be to compel a human. I had to keep my full concentration on her, or I would lose control. “Bridget, go over to Niall and slap him across the face,” I told her, and tried not to laugh.

She blinked a couple times, and turned away from me without a fight. She walked over to Niall, and raised her hand, which shook slightly, almost as if she were trying to fight the compulsion order. After another second her hand swung, and slapped him. She gasped, and balled her hand into a fist. “Fuck, you could’ve told me to do it gently, Harry! That wouldn’t have hurt him at all, but it sure as hell hurt me,” She said through her teeth.

Niall rolled his eyes. “And you could’ve asked her to do something simpler than causing harm to someone.”

I shrugged. “She was probably dying to do it anyway for you second guessing what she already knew.”

He rolled his eyes again, and looked at Bridget. “So? How hard was it for you to try to resist the compulsion?” He asked her.

Bridget slowly uncurled her fingers, and rubbed her free hand against her palm to take the sting out of it. Her hand was red, and I felt guilty for not telling her to do it gently. “It was difficult to resist it even slightly. I tried as hard as I could, and I just feel…drained,” She said, and her shoulders sagged.

Niall nodded, and I felt as if that if he had a notebook, he would have been jotting down the notes as we speak. He truly was an amateur scientist. “Well, then, the older the vampire is the harder it will be for Emma to resist them.”

“Isn’t it written in some kind of witch law book that another witch’s gift cannot be forcefully used by someone?” Liam asked, and shrugged as everyone gave him a pointed look. “I read it numerous amounts of times during our study session a couple hours ago.”

“Do you think that the Rogue Order will care about that?” I asked, and sighed quietly before shaking my head. “They’ll do whatever it takes to get her gift to work for them. How do think they’re blocking Lauren and Bridget from seeing where Emma is right now? They have more than just one witch on their side.”

“Well, then we don’t have much time then,” Niall said, and closed his eyes. “But there’s nothing else we can do at this point then wait for them to contact us, because they will; whether it be to gloat, or to give a ransom notice for their return or safety. We just have to be prepared for whatever it may be,” He concluded.

A/N:

It's almost 11:30 my time, and this chapter has been finished since like Monday so I figured I might as well post it. :) I know it's slow and honestly not very good, but I hipe you enjoy it anyway. I'm working on the new chapter now, so if this chapter gets loads of feedback then I'll update on like Wednesday or something. :)

Also, my best friend @_sophjane has just finished her Dark Niall story, Breathless, and it's abolutely amazing. It's her third book finished, and I'ld literally love you all so much more than I already do if you'd check out her books and leave feedback. Her next book is also a Harry vampire fan fic, and I've read the chapters that she has posted, and it's such an amazing new, unique idea, so please read it! She's an amazing writer, and just needs to be recognized for it. Love you, Sophie. This chapter is dedicated to you for finishing your baby. hehe. <3

I love you guys! Please give me your thoughts on Layla and Damaris, whether as a couple, or friends, or whatever you think they are. :)

Trailer on the sidebar. >>>>

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8M 61.5K 41
THE MATERIAL IN THIS BOOK IS INAPPROPRIATE FOR READERS UNDER THE AGE OF 16. THIS WRITING IS STRICTLY MEANT FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. USES OF L...
116K 2.9K 43
h.s au In a world where slavery was the norm, love was nonexistent and money meant happiness- Harry Styles believed he had it all. The wife, the hous...
303K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
235K 5.8K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...