Sadly, I'm In Love With You (...

By __1Ren1__

Natalie Holt is a Boston Globe sports journalist, who just so happens to run into Chris Evans at a Red Sox ga... More

Sadly I'm In Love With You (Chris Evans Fan-Fic)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
A/N
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
A/N
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
A/N
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Author's Note
Chapter 25
Chapter 26: Finale
Important Message to Readers
The Sequel is Up
Cover Challenge
thank you.

Chapter 17

10.8K 178 12
By __1Ren1__

Natalie's P.O.V

Today is the day we leave for Cleveland, I am so nervous not only because I am getting on a flight, but also because I now have to be very cautious and thoughtful about what I do and don't do, because I am carrying twins. Whoever said being pregnant was a breeze, was seriously lying because all I do now is worry and constantly think about all the outcomes that could come from my actions.

As I was packing my last suitcase, Chris walked into the bedroom. "We're leaving in 20 minutes." Chris said with a laugh.

"I know, but I've been having second thoughts." I replied with a weak smile.

"Second thoughts?" Chris asked with a frown. "Don't tell me you've decided not to go?" Chris then added.

"I was just thinking about getting on a plane again, anything could happen, and now I am responsible for not only my life but two unborn lives." I replied with worry written on my face.

"Everything will be fine, trust me." Chris stated with a reassuring tone to his voice, as he cupped the side of my face with his hand. "Besides, I was really looking forward to taking you to the hall of fame." He added with a child-like smile.

"Hall of fame?" I asked clearly confused, I had no idea there was some type of hall of fame in Cleveland.

"Yeah, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame." Chris replied.

"Oh." I stated with a laugh.

Once I was finished with packing the bag, I started the lug the bags downstairs to the foyer. I was on the third step when a yell startled me. "Nat, what are you doing?" Chris yelled up the stairs at me.

"What does it look like?" I questioned with a sarcastic tone. "I'm carrying my bags downstairs." I added.

"No, you're not." Chris replied with a frown.

"Chris, I am totally capable of taking my bags down the stairs." I said with a stern tone to my voice.

"You probably are, but I am going to do it for you." He replied, whilst giving me a quick kiss on the cheek, and taking the suitcases out of my hands.

"You never take no for an answer, do you?" I said with a laugh.

"Nope, not when it comes to you." Chris replied with a grin.

I returned the grin without a reply to Chris's statement, and made my way down the stairs behind him. Once I had made it downstairs, I briskly made my way to the kitchen and got a coke out of the refrigerator. Just as I was about to pop the can open, a voice questioned behind me. "What are you doing?" Chris asked with a stern voice.

"I'm having something to drink..." I replied but was cut off by Chris.

"Didn't the doctor tell you that if you drank a soda, that it needed to be caffeine free?" Chris asked rhetorically.

"Um, I don't know." I replied, feigning ignorance.

"That coke is not caffeine free." Chris stated, frowning I put the coke back into the refrigerator, clearly defeated. "You know that I'm not trying to be overprotective." Chris then added, whilst engulfing me in a hug. 

"I thought I was the worrier in our relationship." I replied with a smile, as I gave Chris a quick peck on the lips. 

"You'll never realize just how much I love you." Chris said as he released me from his arms.

"I already love you more than you'll ever know." I replied clearly trying to out-do Chris.

"Sure....." Chris said trailing off.

Soon after our spat in the kitchen, Chris and I left for the airport. The drive was congested and long because of the rush hour traffic but we soon arrived. Chris was the first to get out of the car, and he made his way over to my side of the car and opened the door for me. Once outside, Chris collected our bags, and we made our way towards the entrance. We quickly made it through the airport and sat down in waiting area, because we were 10 minutes early for our flight.

Once our flight was called, Chris and I made our way towards the plane. Finally, when we were comfortably in our seats, I decided to take a Dramamine. But, before I took the pill, I asked Chris about it. "Do you think a Dramamine would hurt the twins?" I asked with a questioning look.

"I wouldn't think so, but we haven't taken off yet, you could call Dr. Wayland." Chris replied with a lopsided smile.

"Okay that sounds like a plan." I replied whilst giving Chris a smile.

I quickly got my phone out of my purse, and dialed the number for the office. The phone only rung a few time and the receptionist picked up the phone, the way in which she always did. "Dr. Wayland's office this is Elizabeth." 

"Elizabeth, this is Natalie Holt, I'm calling to speak with Dr. Wayland?" I replied more as a question.

"She isn't seeing a patient at this time, so I will get her." Elizabeth said in her normal cheery voice.

About a minute or two later, Dr. Wayland picked up the phone. "Natalie?" She questioned.

"Yes, I am getting to take off on a flight, and I was just wondering if I could take a Dramamine?" I asked in reply.

"Yes, it is perfectly fine for you to take Dramamine, a lot of pregnant women do, it often helps not only with motion sickness, but morning sickness too." I was relieved to hear Dr. Wayland say this, I really had no idea what I would do without Dramamine on this flight.

"Thank you for your time." I said smiling to myself.

"No problem, anytime you feel the need to call me, call me." She said with a reassuring tone.

Once I hung up, Chris broke out with a random fit of laughter, which caused me to break out in laughter. "What..are...you...laughing....at?" I asked in between giggles.

"Just look at this gif." Chris replied whilst handing me his phone.

When I looked at the gif, I immediately knew why he was laughing. The gif was of Sebastian and his eyes got all big, and at the bottom of the gif was #OMG TITTIES. I almost peed on myself, literally. 

The fun was over quickly and we soon took off, I excused myself and went to take my Dramamine and pee. When I got back to our seats, Chris was watching the movie the airplane was playing, which was Top Gun. Not even half way through the movie, I fell asleep.

The next thing I knew, I felt a slight bump, and Chris was nudging my shoulder. "Nat, we're here." Chris said whilst giving me a cute grin.

"We are?" I asked groggily.

"Yeah, do I need to carry you off the plane?" Chris asked in reply.

"No, I'm getting up." I stated whilst getting out of the uncomfortable airplane seat.

Chris and I collected the bags, and made our way out of the airplane and across the not too crowded tarmac. Once inside the airport, Chris made a quick and short phone call. 

Soon enough we were leaving the airport in a black sedan. The drive to our hotel was super long, and by the time we got there my legs were asleep, and I was exhausted once again. Once again we were staying at a Ritz-Carlton, this time the suite was smaller, but it was plenty big enough for two people. Honestly, we probably didn't need a suite anyway.

About 20 minutes after Chris and I got settled in to the suite, he had to leave for another cast meeting. So, I quickly got into the shower, cleaned up, put on some pajamas, and got into the bed. Soon after turning on The Outsiders, I fell asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.8K 2.4K 22
After a promising first date, L sends a follow-up text, only to mistakenly reach someone else. This accidental connection triggers a curiosity in L:...
SB By Lauren

Fanfiction

835K 18.6K 37
Sugardaddy!Chris Evans x Sugarbaby!reader...
19.8K 1.3K 20
*~COMPLETE~* After being dumped for her Maid of Honor at her own Wedding Virginia Marshall ran from the church. She just ran unsure of where she was...
44.3K 1.4K 21
NHL!Chris Evans x Female Reader - When you graduated from Northeastern University, you had your sights set on the West Coast. And then you were offer...