Fairy Tail ((Various x Reader...

By minicchichin

Just a bunch of stories between many of the bishies of Fairy Tail with the lovely reader :) Could either be c... More

List of Characters/Requests {Requests:CLOSED}
Remember Me (Natsu Dragneel)
Bravery (Gray Fullbuster)
Gone (Laxus Dreyar)
Judging A Book By Its Cover (Freed Justine)
What's Your Reason? (Bickslow)
Once A Flirt, Always A Flirt (Loke/Leo)
Answer (Mystogan)
Family (Lyon Vastia)
Don't Leave Me Like This (Hibiki Lates)
The Steel Ninja (Sting Eucliffe)
Fro Thinks So Too! (Rogue Cheney)
Small Things (Jellal Fernandes)
Special Conversations (Midnight)
Your Real Name (Cobra)
Lost Before It Began (Zancrow)
Clarity (Jackal)
Taking A Small Detour (Sho)
Alone (Zeref)
Because You Deserve It (Natsu Dragion)
Christmas Wish (Gray Surge)
Your Not-So Secret Santa (Hughes)
First Christmas (Dobengal)
Snowed In (Hibiki Lates {Part 2})
Merry Christmas (Rogue Cheney)
Taking a week off
I'll Never Let You Go (Cobra {Part 2})
Umbrella (Laxus Dreyar)
Unrequited Love (Sting Eucliffe)
Good Morning! (Laxus Dreyar)
Let's Go Home (Sting Eucliffe)
Holding A Conversation (Rufus Lore)
(OuO)
Everlasting Love (Natsu x Reader x Sting) [Part 1 Reader Special]
Everlasting Love (Natsu x Reader x Sting) [Part 2 Reader Special]
Pancakes (Jackal Part 2)
Update 2.0
Update 3.0
Precious To Me (Zeref)
You're Fine (Rufus Lore)
Q&A + 100 follower 40 Q's
Goodbye (Lyon x Reader x Gray)
Voice in the Dark (Gray x Depressed!Reader)
Shooby Doo Bop (idol!Gajeel Redfox x idol!Reader)
Unbound (Rogue Cheney)
Uno (Natsu Dragneel)
Achieve True Happiness (Hibiki Lates)
Update Time
Memories (Sting Eucliffe)
Responsibility (Natsu Dragneel)
Made of Love (Rogue Cheney)
Home For Christmas (Laxus x male!Reader)
Update from the author 2.0
Determination (Sting x Reader x Rogue)
THANK YOU

First Date (Gajeel Redfox)

16.8K 393 88
By minicchichin

“What do you mean you've never been on a date?!” you asked as you stared at the large male.

He looked away in discomfort.

You and Gajeel just happened to be not working and decided to talk. Somehow, dating became a topic and Gajeel had confessed about never being out on a date.

From the articles you have seen written by Jason, you would have at least thought that the big lug would have been at least on one date! He had some fan girls out there that even wrote letters to him.

“Why do you even care? It's not important anyways.” he scoffed obviously not enjoying the topic of the current conversation.

“Not important?! Gajeel! Dating is apart of life. It's how you find the one you want to spend the rest of your life with and maybe even have kids with. Of course, you would have to date that person more than once and stay in a relationship with them for a while. I mean, you have a bunch of fans that would love to go out on a date with you!”

The Iron Dragon Slayer groaned as you went on about how important dating was.

“If it's such a big deal to you, then let's go on a date right now.” he said in irritation.

You were at a loss of words.

Gajeel had joined the guild well after you, so dating guys never became a thing for you up until he joined. You had gained a crush on the distant man finding him attractive and pretty funny when he would perform on stage. There were even nights at home where you would image what your first date would be like with him.

Well, your first date over all.

“Are you going to answer me or not?!”

You were brought back to reality when you noticed the slight tint of red on his cheeks. It was rather cute to find the tough guy blushing because you were in a daze.

“Ah, sorry! Sure. We'll go on a date tomorrow because going now would be pointless. I'm not going on a date in an outfit I just threw on. If anything, I need to prepare just like you. You can't just appear looking like you always do on a daily basis.”

“I get it! Just...stop rambling. I'll pick you up around noon tomorrow.”

A grin was now on your face. You were going to have your first date with Gajeel tomorrow at noon.

~~~

Early morning, you hopped out of bed and started to get ready for your date, but due to your excitement, you were ready two hours prior to when Gajeel was supposed to pick you up.

Just to make sure everything was right, you checked yourself in the mirror.

There stood yourself in (your favorite outfit) with your hair tied up in a cute bun being held by a silver ribbon.

Soon, you heard someone knock on the door.

You rushed to the door and opened the door only to blush.

There stood Gajeel with his hair held away from his face with an orange bandana. Wearing a black tank top, a black hoodie, some tan sweat pants, and obviously mismatched boots, you could tell he wasn't sure what to wear for the date.

A giggle escaped your lips as the man became flustered.

“The hell are you giggling about?!”

“Your shoes don't match. It's rather cute to see that.”

He looked away and said, “Let's..just get going.”

You grabbed your small bag, locked the door, and walked out into town with Gajeel.

As the two of you walked side by side, Gajeel rubbed the back of his neck.

“You..look nice today.”

“Thank you Gajeel. You don't look bad yourself. Well, except for the shoes.”

The Dragon Slayer twitched and glared down at you only to cause you to giggle more.

It was quiet between the two of you as you reached town. People were walking around, chatting, and some were even on dates. Some of the townsfolk noticed you both and casually teased the two of you, but it was mostly Gajeel who got flustered. To see him this nervous about this was rather cute.

Even if it really wasn't technically a real date.

You looked at Gajeel and asked, “Do you even know what you're doing?”

He remained silent as a sign that he had no idea what he was doing.

Seeing how it was noon, you took his arm and pulled him towards a cafe.

“Where the hell are you taking me?!”

“To that cafe. It's lunch time, so we should get something to eat.”

Gajeel sighed and followed you mumbling something to himself that you couldn't hear.

~~~

After getting your food, you started to eat while Gajeel casually poked his food.

“At least try it.” you said obviously not wanting to pay for food that wasn't going to be eaten.

The man looked at you and said, “It's half way cooked.”

“Huh? How can you tell just by poking it?!”

“I've made this dish before. They didn't cook it all the way through.”

Gajeel could cook? He didn't look like the type to be seen in the kitchen. The guy looked like he was the one to destroy the entire kitchen by eating the supplies.

He called over their waiter and calmly explained what had happened. You just watched in awe. Gajeel wasn't causing a scene like he would back at the guild. It was weird to see him this calm.

A strange look appeared on your face making Gajeel uncomfortable.

“Why are you staring at me like that?”

“Huh? Oh, sorry. It's just that...I'm not used to seeing you all calm like that. I usually see you being loud and causing a scene back at the guild. Plus, you can cook! I never knew that! If I did, I would have invited you over to my place to cook dinner or something!”

He was rather shocked and covered half of his face in his hand hiding the blush that had crept up on him.

His food returned fully cooked.

“Whatever..let's just get on with this stupid date.”

You giggled once more and decided to finish up your food unsure of where to go after eating lunch.

~~~

The two of you just ended up walking around town not really sure of what to do.

“If you're such an expert on dating, why aren't we doing anything?”

It was your turn to blush this time.

“Well...I've never been on a date before. All I know about dates are what come from magazines and books.”

Gajeel asked, “You've never been on a date?!”

“No, but that's only because I wasn't sure how to ask someone out on a date!”

Both of you were a bit flustered, so there was some awkward silence lingering between the two of you. It made you uncomfortable now that you both weren't speaking to one another.

“To be honest, I wanted my first date to be with you, but then you confessed about how you've never been on a date. I was just shocked, but in the end I guess I got what I wanted.”

Gajeel looked at you and scratched his cheek. He wasn't sure what to say.

“Guess you did.” he finally said.

You were pretty sure this date was going to end on a sour note, but the Dragon Slayer beside you gently held your hand as the two of you kept walking.

Your gaze looked towards him as he just kept his eyes forward. If you looked closer, a small tint of pink was on his cheeks making you giggle.

“What?!”

“Nothing. Just nothing, Gajeel.”

He blushed more and mumbled to himself as the two of you enjoyed the rest of the date.

~~~

Now at your front door, Gajeel was still holding your hand.

“Um, that was..nice.”

“It was. I'm glad we both got to have a nice experience for our first date.”

You pulled out your keys to go open your door, but you were pulled back feeling a pair of arms wrapping around you.

“G-Gajeel!”

“Sorry if I was rude in any way. I was rather nervous about today and asked Lily about what I should do.”

You remained silent, but soon giggled by how cute he was acting.

“Would you stop laughing?!”

“Sorry. I can't help it if you're acting so cute. It's not often I get to see you act like this. For all I know, this could be the only time I can.”

He sighed and you suddenly felt his lips on your forehead making you stop.

Gajeel pulled away and rubbed the back of his neck.

“I guess I'll see you tomorrow back at the guild. Have a good night.”

The tall male turned and walked away.

You stood there in awe holding your forehead where he had kissed you. To see this side of Gajeel was nice and it made your heart race a little.

A smile rested upon your lips as you watched the Iron Dragon Slayer vanish down the road.

“Have a good night too, Gajeel.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 6 40
So I tried to write a million stories, but this has been in the works for a while. This story is 18+. Most of the fairy tale characters will be in th...
49.7K 584 16
Please refer to title, more info will be provided in book. The highest ranking for this book is #1 for Mirajane Strauss!
378K 8K 76
Young female reader joins Fairy Tail after losing her home and family. In search of a new start, she finds Fairy Tail. There will be some lemon. I do...
311K 7.4K 22
The title explains everything. I do not own any of the characters except for (Y/n). Do not post my work on here, or any other platform without my exp...