Killers Attract

By _Moiga_

"Ahh" He starts, giving me yet another smirk. "You and i both know that you are no 'ordinary' girl, now do we... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 21

7.2K 181 41
By _Moiga_

"What did last night mean to you?" I ask him, my voice soft, if it weren't for the music coming to an end I don't think he would have heard me.

He continues to look down to me, moving a strand of hair away from my face.

"Everything." He speaks just as softly.

We keep eye contact, staring into eachothers eyes full of emotion.

The organiser of tonight's event calls the top ten Mafia Leaders in the room that donated the most amount of money to this chosen charity. Arlo being one of them.

He leaves a tender kiss to my cheek, whispering that he'll be right back before leaving to the stage with the others.

I stare after him, watching him stand on the stage with the others. The guy continues his speech but my focus isn't on him, it's on Arlo.

I find I just cannot for the life of me look away from him. He catches me staring, sending me a wink that I find myself smiling at.

I feel as if someone else is watching me. Turning to my right, my eyes catch Noah's intense stare.

And there it is.

The guilt.

It rises up my throat almost suffocating me. Clawing it's way through making the panic set in. How could I forget what I did? How could I forget that I tried to leave and what Arlo would think.

I start to feel dizzy, my dazed eyes go to Arlo's concerned features watching me.

And that was the finishing touch to my panic. I turn and walk through the sea of people, eyeing the back doors in desperate need of some air.

Making it through everyone, I push open the doors and walk to the railing of this open balcony.

I breathe in and out slowly and steadily, my panicked breaths slowly coming back to normal. Leaning against the rail, I look out at the beautiful city lights.

"So you feel it now? The guilt."

I look beside me to see Noah standing a couple metres away from me, staring at me, hands in the pocket of his slacks.

"Noah..." I breathe. My eyes closing before looking back at the view.

He walks a bit closer now standing beside me, leaning against the railing also.

"You should feel bad. You definitely should." He sighs out.

"I do. Of course I do." I answer him the both of us still staring out at the view.

"I saw Arlo leaving your room this morning-" He begins before I cut him off quickly.

"Nothing happened if that's what you were going to ask. We just.... talked, then we fell asleep. It was all completely innocent."

"But you haven't told him yet?"

"No. I haven't..." I answer, my voice drifting away in the soft breeze.

It's silent between us for a small moment.

"You need to." He breaks the silence, now looking at me.

"I know. I will. I just... I don't want to hurt him. I don't know how he is going to react to this."

"I'm not sure what he will do or think of you after you tell him. But I do know that it is definitely in your best interest to tell him. It needs to come from you."

"Okay. I will talk to him tonight." I confirm, letting out an anxious breath.

It's silent again, we only look out at the city lights.

"Noah?"

"Yes," he looks at me again.

"I am really sorry." I apologise to him, just wanting him to grin at me and let me know it's all ok.

"I know."

"I just get freaked out sometimes and I figure my best option is to run from it."

"I know."

"I'm an idiot."

"I know."

"Are you just going to say 'I know' to everything I say?" I ask him, a smile breaking through.

He only shrugs, now looking away from me again.

"Do you forgive me?" I ask him quietly.

"Kinda hard not to." He looks at me, biting back a smile.

I give him a playful shove to which a small smile breaks through.

"I missed you," I tell him, looking straight ahead.

"I missed you too," he replies to me after a moment of silence.

"I know," I throw back at him with a smile.

He shakes his head at me smiling my way. Opening his arms out, he gestures me forward.

"C'mon."

I walk into his hug, realising how much I missed them.

"What were doing in the kitchen anyway?" I ask into his shoulder, referring to when I attempted to leave.

"I was hungry." He answers me as if it were obvious. I let out a laugh.

He moves me roughly from side to side making me laugh some more, ordering him to let me go.

"Maggie."

The sound of Arlo's voice pulls us apart. We both turn to look at Arlo who is standing there with eyes narrowed at the both of us.

"Do you want me to stay?" Noah whispers down to me.

"No. It is alright," I assure him but also to myself. He nods his head to me, walking past Arlo who stares daggers at him before turning it to me.

"Arlo," I begin.

"The fuck was that?" Arlo cuts me off abruptly. Taking a few steps to me.

"What are you talking about?" I ask him confusingly.

He scoffs at me, slashing my heart. "Do not play dumb, Maggie. You and Noah. So you are really into him. This whole time."

"What? No. No, Arlo-" I take a step forward to him. "It's nothing like that at all. We're only friends."

"So you and him go from not talking at all to suddenly hugging it out and speaking again?"

"Arlo, there is nothing there. Ok? Nothing. He- he was only checking in on me."

"Why?" His eyes fire like.

I look at him and step forward, bracing myself for his wrath.

"The first day we got here. I..." He watches me carefully, listening intently.

"I tried to leave that night. I packed a second bag, my gun and I left." I say slowly.

The look on Arlo's face has me hating myself.

"What," Arlo chokes, "you- you were just going to leave? Just like that? What were you thinking?" His voice sounds choked, disappointment and anger completely evident.

Flipsake.

"I wasn't thinking." I swallow hard. "I didn't get as far as the front gate though, Noah saw me and ran after me. He basically tackled me to the ground."

"Noah?" Arlo repeats, his voice fuming.

Shit.

"That's why we haven't been talking. He was so mad with me that I'd try to leave like that and-"

"So not only you kept it quiet but so did he?" Arlo grits out, turning around.

"Where are you going?" I rush after him.

"Going to have a little chat with Noah." He casually says, but I can hear the anger hidden there.

"No." I say loudly, shooting forward to grab his hand, holding it firmly.

"Maggie-" Arlo warns before I cut him off.

"Neither of us told you because he said you would kill me." I rush out the words.

He abruptly stops, his head whipping to face me as if he were slapped. All traces of anger are gone, now only hurt splays across his face. I can hear the air leaving his lungs in whoosh.

"Is that what you think of me," he softly says, his voice slightly breaking at the end. He slowly pulls his hand out of my grip, I let mine fall to my side helplessly.

My mouth opens and closes a couple times, unable to form any words. My breath getting caught in my throat.

"What am I supposed to think?" I answer honestly, watching him say nothing.

"You did tell me yourself- you told me that if I even try to leave, I will not walk out alive."

He shakes his head repeatedly by my words as if it pained him to hear it. He leans against the railing gripping it so tight his knuckles whiten.

"I didn't mean it." He speaks so softly I hardly hear him. He looks at me now, still gripping the railing firmly. "I did not mean it." He says again, his voice sounding clearer.

I only look at him having no fight left in me. I don't want to fight anymore. I only want him.

"Yeah well- it pissed me off." I truthfully say, stepping beside him to lean against the railing also.

He lets out the breath he was holding. "Yeah, I know. The hole in my door spoke volumes."

I smirk, looking away from him and back at the view.

It's quiet between us for a moment.

"All jokes aside, Maggie. I would never do anything like that to you." He's looking at me now, I return his stare with my own.

"Why? If I were anybody else, you would." My voice is unwavering.

He swallows hard, watching me. "But you are not anybody else."

"Who am I then." I whisper out to him.

He turns to me, stepping away from the railing. His eyes flicker to my lips before returning back to my eyes.

"You. Just you. It is always you." His voice is husky, ringing through my ears while I listen to every word.

"You are the girl that I cannot get out of my head for the life of me. I am always thinking of you. I never want to be away from you. Hell-" he scoffs, "even when I have made you pissed at me I still want to be around you. If that makes me selfish- then I really do not give a shit."

My heart hammers against my chest.

"I do not think you realise how important you actually are. I do not think you realise how brave, strong, smart, beautiful you are. I think you realise how incredibly stubborn you are though. I will be honest."

I can't help but let out a breathy laugh at that, looking up at him with tears pricking my eyes.

"But I would not have it any other way." He whispers down to me, "I want to be the reason you smile. Jesus Maggie," he stops to cup the side of my face, stepping closer to me. " your smile takes my breath away. You take my breath away."

I stupidly smile up at him, my breath catching.

"You see, I currently cannot breathe." He smiles down to me. Moving a strand of hair behind my ear.

What is he doing to me.

"I do not quite know what you are doing to me." He breathes, looking down to me.

My thoughts exactly.

"But I do not want it to stop. I cannot let this end." He says softly, it sounding like a promise.

"I want this to be real,Maggie. I want you. I need you."

My heart melts by his words. Everything stops so it's just him. Him and I once again.

We stare at eachother for a moment. Emotions swirling through both our eyes. His hand still lays to the side of my face.

"I thought you didn't want to feel this way," I whisper out, leaning into him.

His eyes close, his thumb mindlessly smoothing over my cheek.

"I say a lot of things." He speaks up, his deep hazel eyes on me. "Stupid... Stupid things..." His voice trails off, eyes then going to my lips.

Before I know it, he's kissing me. I grip his suit jacket tightly and kiss him back. Tipping my head back slightly he leans in more, the kiss becoming almost desperate. His hand continuing to cradle the side of my face ever so softly.

"Is this where you confess your undying love for me, Arlo?" I teasingly say to him, pulling away just enough to gauge his reaction.

"All in good time, Maggie." His voice is one full of humour, tugging me back to his lips. I smile against his lips, making him deepen the kiss.

"Lets get out of here." He whispers against my lips, pulling away he holds my hand.

"I want to show you something." He quietly says to me.

Tugging me away I stay silent and follow him, my heart thumping In time to the music as we walk back into the room and through the sea of people. The two guards open the front doors for us, letting us walk out and into one of the many awaiting cars.

Once we're seated in the black Range Rover, Arlo speaks a few words in Italian to the driver. The driver gives a nod of his head, starting the car and driving away.

Arlo pulls me to him so I'm right by his side. I relax against him, my head resting on his shoulder for the remainder of the drive. I don't even care where we are going, I just want to feel this way forever. This content. This happy.

It's dangerous territory. But I can't seem to bring myself to care.

We continue to drive through the gorgeous city of Rome. City lights lead the way until we reach a clearing, the lights fading away behind.

We drive up a narrow gravel road that winds it's way through a forest like area. The occasional street lamp lights the way while we drive, but most of the road is left dark letting us see nothing but trees. Leaving us to rely on the cars headlights to guide the rest of the way.

Now confused as to where we are going, I look up at Arlo questionally. He only smiles down to me, laying a kiss to the top of my head, then looking back out the window holding me that bit closer.

Huffing out I lean against him once again.

About a minute or so later, we finally come to a halt in the middle of nowhere.

"We will not be long." Arlo speaks in English this time to the driver who only nods in return, switching the car off.

Arlo steps out of the car first, holding the door open for me letting me wriggle out ungracefully.

I love this dress but I'm telling ya, it is not designed to sit in a car.

"You good?" Arlo quirks a brow.

"Yes I am," I simply reply, smoothing out my dress and taking his awaiting hand.

Turning away from the car we start to walk down a path that is lined with great big pine trees. It's late by now but the moon is as big and as bright as ever. It is still warm, the occasional soft cool breeze makes the sweet fresh air linger that bit longer.

It's beautiful. It is all so incredibly beautiful. The only thing pissing me off are these darn heels.

I try my best to ignore the pain and the awkwardness of walking on this uneven ground- distracting myself with the sweet serenity of this forest and the comfort of Arlo's hand holding mine.

But there is only so much a girl can take.

"Are you going to kill me here? Is that what this is?" I joke before realising it is way to soon to joke about that.

By the look on Arlo's face, I'd say my thoughts were right.

"Do not joke about that." He scorns me.

"Too soon?" I hold back a smile, he only glares at me in return.

We're both quiet for a moment, still walking hand in hand. The sound of rustling leaves from the soft breeze as well as the sound of busy insects going about their night, frogs also joining in with the talkative insects.

Ugh my feet.

I groan out coming to a halt, leaning against Arlo for support so I can try and grab hold of my foot to take these heels off. Arlo offers no help at all- only staring at me with confusion.

"Look, I'm trying to enjoy myself here, I'm looking forward to wherever we are heading but I'm not exactly dressed for the occasion. My feet are killing me." I complain, struggling to undo the strap of the first heel while standing on one foot. Relying on Arlo to hold me up.

"What are you talking about? You are Cinderella remember? This is the sort of thing she always wears." He jokes with me. He keeps me steady with ease, an arm snaked around my waist while I wobble around.

"Arlo," I grit. "I am not kidding. It hurts." I whine. Moving my long as heck dress out of the way that keeps falling to cover my feet.

"What are you doing? You cannot walk barefoot here."

"I could not care less. These flipping things are coming off." I answer firmly, referring to to the two torture chambers on my poor feet.

"Alright, alright. Let me."

Arlo kneels down in front of me stopping my efforts. Making me quickly grab hold of his shoulders before I fall backwards.

"You know, I have learnt something new about you today." He fiddles with the straps of my heels, briefly looking up at me to see me raising a brow for him to continue.

"You are impossible with shoes," he finishes. Slipping the heels off easily passing them to me.

I take them from him, grumbling out words neither of us can really understand. I start to walk away hearing his deep chuckle from behind me.

He reaches to my free hand, stopping me.

"Let me carry you. You should not be walking barefoot here." He simply says, about to bend down to pick me up.

I dodge his arms smiling at him, "mmm- no. I think I'm okay, Knight." I pat his cheek before continuing to walk forward.

I don't even walk two steps when I'm suddenly being swept up by Arlo's strong arms- making me let out a little squeal of surprise.

"Damn it woman. Just let me sweep you off your feet." Arlo smoothly says, easily carrying me bridal style down the gravel footpath.

I hold back a laugh at his cheesy remark, watching him look down at me with the cutest smile I've probably ever seen. I poke his dimple directly on his cheek, he sends me a wink and holds me in closer to his chest making me feel weightless.

He continues to carry me a bit further until we reach a clearing through the pine trees, revealing the most beautiful view of the city.

Arlo sets me down so I'm now sitting on a large rock- perfectly in line with this amazing view. Arlo sits beside me while I shuffle beside him more getting comfortable.

"Wow," I breathe. Just now finding my voice while I stare in awe. The city lights twinkle through the night setting a beautiful glow throughout the city. The night sky is clear of any clouds letting the stars show off, the moon casting a perfect glow.

Arlo hums in reply beside me. "I would come up here quite often as a child when I lived here." Arlo opens up, I drag my eyes away from the view in front to focus on his face. He's still looking out at the view before him, looking lost in the moment as if transporting back to a memory.

"It was always a good place to get away. Even if it were only for a short time." His voice sounds so far away, his features soft.

I reach out to hold his other hand that isn't wrapped around me. Holding his hand softly on his lap.

"How did you find this place?" I keep my voice quiet and just as soft as his. Hoping I don't disturb the memory he has found himself in.

I keep my eyes focused on the side of his face while he takes a moment to reply. His eyes still trained on the view.

"I found this place with my Mother when we needed to get away...." His voice fades off.

I don't press it, only drawing patterns against the top of his hand with the pad of my thumb.

"Many memories were made here." He speaks again, his voice fading away with the cool breeze.

I snuggle into him more, leaning up to place a kiss to his neck. "Good memories?" I whisper into him.

I lean back enough to see him now looking down to me. The moon setting a shadow to the side of his face.

"Not all good." He presses a kiss to the top of my head. His hand that isn't wrapped around me now running up my arm, his fingertips whispering up and down the sheer material of the dress along my arm comfortingly.

"This memory is good." He smiles down to me, his eyes flickering down to my lips.

"Is it?" I softly reply, my heart stutters while I look up at him.

He hums in reply leaning down to capture my lips with his. Releasing my hand he goes to cradle the side of my face with his large hand deepening the kiss but still keeping it slow. My hand goes to his hand that is layed against my cheek, my hand wrapping around his wrist holding him to me.

We pull away only an inch, our breath mingling together. He rests his forehead against mine, my heart flutters so much I close my eyes just feeling him so close to me.

"I wish I woke you up from your nightmare." His voice is low and gravelly from the kiss, making it go straight through me.

I keep my eyes closed, my heart clenching.

Moving his head away he lifts me up making me open my eyes. With me now on his lap he holds me closer to him, resting his head in the crook of my neck.

"I will from now on." His hot breath whispers against my neck.

I will from now on.

My hand mindlessly plays with his hair on the nape of his neck, I press a kiss to his cheek making him lift his head from my neck to look at me.

My heart skips a beat.

He's so goddamn dreamy.

My hand finds it's way to his cheek, my fingertips tracing from his jawline- slowly edging closer to his lips.

He watches me intently leaning into my touch and pulling me in closer to his chest some more.

I get lost in my own little world that I didn't realise he was speaking to me until his lips stopped moving.

"Sorry- what?" I tune into the present again. My fingertips freeze all movement now lightly resting against Arlo's lips. He lightly kisses them before pulling my hand down to both our laps.

"Pay attention, gorgeous." He playfully says.

"Can you promise me something." He repeats himself, watching me carefully.

I watch his assessing eyes with my own, humming in reply for him to continue.

He looks down for a moment at our adjoined hands that are resting on my lap. His eyes focus on mine again, watching me.

"Can you promise me not to run away again."

Listening to those words, I don't realise I'm pulling my hand away until he holds mine that bit firmer.

"Maggie, I do not just mean the other night. I mean in general."

His voice is so soft, his eyes watch me almost carefully. I try to look anywhere but at him. He thankfully doesn't push it to make me look at him- as if just knowing what I'm feeling.

"I say this because I know that you have spent your entire life running away. But Maggie- you do not need to do that anymore."

My eyes snap to his after those soft honest words, my breath getting caught in my throat. His eyes are so damn sincere that I can't bring myself to look away from those deep hazel orbs.

His hand gives mine the lightest squeeze.

"You do not need to run anymore." He says again.

I don't know why I feel like I'm about to cry. I never knew how much I needed to hear those words until now.

"Okay?" He asks me.

I swallow hard, blinking back the oncoming tears.

"Okay." I whisper to him, my voice thick with emotion.

He releases my hand, now cradling the side of my face in his hand, his eyes scanning my face.

"I need you to promise me, Maggie." His voice stays soft but I can hear the desperation there.

"I promise you, Arlo." I assure him- and meaning it. My hand holds his wrist firmly once again.

I see a brief look of relief wash over his features- and then his lips find mine.

It's soft and gentle and makes me want to live in this moment forever.

***

The drive back to the estate is one in comfortable silence.

With my head resting against his shoulder, his arm stays wrapped around me- holding me close to him. His fingertips run up and down my arm soothingly, our hands intertwined together on our laps.

Once we're back at the estate, we walk together up the stairs to our rooms. The estate is quiet, not a word can be heard by anyone including us.

Coming to a halt outside my room I turn to face Arlo properly to see him already looking down to me. His dark hazel eyes look at me with such warmth, he stands so close to me that his scent invades every part of me making my head spin.

His hand comes up to move a strand of hair away from my face, his fingertips brushing my cheek by the action leaving the area tingling.

He leans forward, pressing a tender kiss to my forehead his lips lingering.

"Goodnight, Maggie." His voice barely whispers out. It looks like he is going to say something else but ends up saying nothing. He passes me my heels that he was still holding letting his fingers linger on my hand.

Stepping away, eyes still on me- he opens the door to his room. He ends up just standing there, hand still on the doorknob just watching me. His deep hazel eyes raking me in.

Not being able to stand there watching his deep... deep eyes drinking me in. I whisper out a 'goodnight' before spinning around to my door, entering my room and swinging the door shut behind me- before my heart leaps out of my chest and right into Arlo's awaiting hands.

As soon as my door swings shut I hear Arlo's door shut shortly after. And as soon as I hear that, I want to kick myself. I throw my shoes I'm holding across the room, leaning back against my closed door with a shaky huff.

All warmth escapes me within an instant as soon as my door closed shut. Making me want nothing more than to go back to the warmth that Arlo gives me and press replay on all of tonight's events.

What was he going to say to me?

There was something else I just know it.

Does he want me to stay with him for the night?

...Does he want me to make the first move.

Gnawing at my bottom lip my breath hitches at everything he said to me tonight. How honest he was with me tonight.

I want this to be real, Maggie. I want you. I need you.

Right then and there all my thoughts come to a grinding halt. The only thought left circling my mind is Arlo.

And with that thought raw in my mind as if my body only craves for the warmth that Arlo gives. I find myself out of my room and standing outside Arlo's closed bedroom door.

I barely even knock the hard timber door before the door swings open instantly revealing a disheveled Arlo.

He stands in the doorway, his hazel eyes drinking me in all over again. His suit jacket has been discarded leaving him in his dress shirt, buttons undone down to his mid chest- revealing his tan skin and the few dark inked artwork that is splashed across his chest.

I take a slow step closer to him, my heart beating erratically against my chest. I watch him grip the doorway firmly as if holding himself back from closing the small gap between us.

"Hi." I manage to whisper out, our eyes never leaving one another's.

"Hey." Arlo replies, his voice coming out hoarse. He clears his throat, swallowing hard.

My hands reach out to the few buttons that are undone on his shirt, my fingertips brushing up his hard chest teasingly.

My hands continue upwards to his jaw then to the back of his neck making him lean down towards me as if in a trance, his firm hold on the doorway slowly slipping. My hands clasp around the back of his neck pulling him further down to me.

I let my lips brush against his lips lightly. One of my hands slipping down from his neck finding it's way inside his shirt, feeling the smoothness and the hardness of his chest. My hand lays over where his heart is- where I can feel his heart beat racing under my hand, I'm sure it's beating harder and faster than mine.

Our lips brush together again. Arlo lets out a few breathy words in Italian, his hot breath fanning across my lips before he suddenly grabs hold of my arm, pulling me inside his room my back now being pressed against his now closed door.

He presses his lips to mine firmly, his hands holding my hips giving them a squeeze. My hands find their way back to his chest, now undoing the last few buttons of his dress shirt. Pulling his shirt open more, my hands roam across his chest edging further down his stomach.

With one of his hands still squeezing my hip, the other cups the side of my face deepening the kiss. He softly bites down onto my bottom lip making me hum against him, his lips quirk upwards against my lips from the sound before kissing his way down from my lips to my jaw, now settling on my neck.

With his soft kisses to my neck making me dizzy, I tilt my head to the side allowing him more access to my exposed skin. I grip his shirt tightly through this feeling of pure ecstasy.

In one swift move he picks me up, taking the few steps to his bed he places me on the bed in a sitting position. His hands slip to my back, his fingers grasping the zipper of my dress slowly pulling it down. His lips not leaving my neck for even a second.

My hands pull at the fabric of his shirt slipping it down off his broad shoulders and down his toned arms, he shrugs the rest of his shirt off letting it fall to floor. With my dress now undone, he slowly lowers me further onto the bed, my back making contact with the soft mattress.

With him now hovering over me, our lips meet again in a slow passionate kiss that slows the rest of the night down. Letting us both take our time in losing ourselves to this intense- almost surreal feeling of passion and care for one another.

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

328K 5.4K 45
BOOK #1 "What are you going to do? You can't kill me. I am the most skilled person in this mafia hands down. Hell.. I even beat you! 'The big, bad ma...
629K 13.7K 22
And there I stood, with my mouth wide open, my hands shaking, and my legs frozen. My boss looks up from his victim that is laying dead at his feet be...
191K 6.5K 31
...I see beauty in everything you do Kimberly Grant... Kimberly was a 18 year old girl, she loves art and sees beauty in everything..She think posit...
347K 17.4K 62
Season 1 - A Dark Tale Of Love. "You're new, who did you kill to get this spot?" Her nonchalant face failed to mask her curiosity. I smirked...