Black Spartans

By H27_Venom

They called him a traitor, He killed more then any. Command wanted him in chains, he broke them, He had train... More

Nothing like the Simulations
Havoc
Retreat
A Planets Ancient Secret
Blacked out
Traitor
Fault
Heros of the people
Meeting an Old Friend
Spartans...... Forever
Before and After
Battle Brothers
What would you do... For family?
One Big Family
Black Legion
A New Friend?
Reunited in the worst Way
Family of War
Family and Business, Don't Mix
Family's A Funny Thing
Casualties
Declaration of War
Her Army
Calculated Risks
Let It Be Known
Endgame
Hell To Pay
NEW AU

Summer Break

191 4 6
By H27_Venom

*Note this is a filler and basically a prologue to this book.

"You mother fuckers!" Boom laughed, running forward and embracing Yin and Yang.

"W-what?" Patches asked. Everyone else mirrored his confusion.

"But I t-thought?" Angel asked. Mark smiled, and beckoned them onto the dropship.

"Come on, we can explain inside." He said, turning and walking on board.

"So you two finally get to come into the light again?" Cat asked.

"YOU KNEW!?" Everyone demanded.

"Of course, I dropped them off here and there, I'm the pilot, I know everything, speaking of which, it looks nice Mark." Cat said, Marks smile disappeared.

"Shut the fuck up!" He hissed. Cat smiled.

"I was talking about your new armor, what were you talking about?" She asked, giving Mark a smile that told him all he needed to know, she knew exactly what he was talking about.

"So, are you going to share how your dead twins are alive?" John asked.

"Well, we are going to need to go back a little ways, find a seat." Mark said, he sat in a chair and leaned back, thinking where to start.

"It started with you John, when you texted me that you thought you heard Cortana, I did a little research in the ONI files, thanks to an old friend I got everything I needed. I found out that there was positive data she hadn't been destroyed, but transported. I also learned that she had illegal Promothean data on her hard-drive, which, if my logic was working, meant she was going to go haywire with that data and her Rampancy, Alpha had a complete plan figured out, but since he isnt here... I guess we have to go with the simple fact that we knew what was coming, that she was alive, knew it about a month before she came and said hello." Mark began.

"After that, I looked to who I should tell, I needed to have everyone except the twins, and Jumper, but I decided that the twins would be enough, then, I needed a way for them to disappear. I didnt want it to be with the cost of so many civilians, but... I used what I could when those two 'died' in that attack, they slipped out on the first ship, and you put them into the coffins, I hate not telling you...everything, but... for the good of the galaxy." Mark said.

"What was the plan before that Mark? Ship crash?" Yin asked, Mark nodded.

"That was it, but, I hated the UNSC already, and your deaths with the civilians inspired our supporters to hate the UNSC with a burning passion. It worked, like a damn charm. But besides the point, I had the two keep an eye out for Cortana, and when I got word she was coming to us, I had them land on one of the guardians, and spy on her as much as they could, they reported the planet, the positioning, the defences, the Warden, how much her guardians increased, everything they could manage without being detected, when we broke our alliance with her, they docked with our fighters, and then I sent them with Cat who dropped them off at earth, they reported that my sister was being suspicious, but... like a fool, I told them just to focus on if Cortana attacked. That puts it right about now correct?" Mark said, looking to the twins, they nodded.

"So, Yin, Yang, what are you going to do first?" Boom asked.

"Firstly, Yin and Yang are gone, its Sun and Moon now, Mark designed these armors, and, if I am not mistaken, we both love them much more then the UNSC supplied." Sun said.

"So Yin, Sun.... and Yang, Moon. I see it, you gave us clear hints." Patches said.

"In Japanese culture, Yin is the light, like the sun, and Yang is the darkness, where the moon comes out." Patches explained. *See! I think things through! I is smart*

Mark smiled. "You're such a nerd Patches." Moon said, choking Patches until he passed out.

"Its good to have you back you two. Mark said, giving the duo an approving nod.

"Well, even though its good to be back... what now? Sarah's dead, ONI is basically under fire from everyone for that shit show they pulled, the UNSC is working with us, the Elites have won their war, we did our job... what's next?" Sun asked. Mark looked to them, questioning it himself.

"Retirement?" Cat asked.

"Haha! Retirement! As if we will ever retire!" Boom said. "Can you believe these guys sir! Retirement!" He laughed. Mark looked to Angel and they had a silent conversation, Mark slowly turned back, a small smile growing.

"Actually...For a while, that's what I am thinking we should do, we are old Boom, we should at least have a vacation, let the new bloods prove themselves." Mark agreed with Cat.

"WHAT!?" Boom asked.

"He's right, I heard there are some crazy parties going on right now." Jumper agreed.

"Have you lost your minds!?" Boom asked.

"Maybe he's right, maybe we should just get back to work." Mark said, starting to stand up, Angel pinned him down and sat on his lap. She sent Boom a glare.

"If I dont get a vacation because of you, I will destroy you." She said, Boom clinched up, petrified.

"I think we should put it to a vote." Angel said, she looked around, even with the smile she wore, everyone was afraid of what she would do if they voted against her.

"All for a vacation, raise your hands." She said with a sweet voice laced with threats.

--

*3 Months Later*

"This is great." Angel said, changing her position in the sun on the sandy beach.

"This is some bullshit..." Boom mumbled, sitting on a towel, pouting.

"What was that Boom?" Angel asked.

"N-nothing! Nothing ma'am!" Boom said, flinching away from Angel.

"Good, now go tell Mark to quit playing with the shark." Angel said Boom looked to see Mark wrangling a large shark. Pretending to be a cowboy.

"Why? He looks like he's having fun." Boom asked.

"Because its nearly time, we have to pick up John and Kelly at their apartment." Angel said. Boom sighed.

"Is that sass Boom?" Angel asked, lifting her sunglasses slightly, before her eyes even saw Boom he was gone to the water.

"Hey baby." A burly voice said, Angel looked up to see a kid, probably early twenties, flexing and posing.

"You got a boyfriend? Or do I not have to fight anyone?" The kid asked. Valkyrie shook her head and laid back down.

"Hey baby, you deaf? I was asking if you have a boyfriend?" The kid asked again.

"Hey baby, this guy bothering you?" Another guy asked, two more guys approached. All flexing their tiny muscles and raising their eyebrows.

"Hey Angel, these fools bothering you?" Marks voice asked.

"Who the hell are you?" the first kid asked, Valkyrie raised her sunglasses to see Mark bringing the shark in with him holding the shark with one hand through the bull sharks gills, the shark was thrashing wildly, clearly it was in an unexpected loss. *The Sharks going WTF!?*

"Oh, she didnt tell you?" Mark asked, cocking his head and giving an innocent and curious look. The boys turned to Angel, who smiled.

"That, is my boyfriend." she said, the boys turned back.

"Fight you for her!" A boy said.

"So will I!" the others said, Mark nodded.

"Boom! Come here real quick!" Mark called, Boom ran over, the boys looked to the two.

"Y-you're a pussy if you need someone to back you up!" The first boy said. Mark nodded.

"I know, I just dont want sand on my sushi." Mark said, lifting the shark off his shoulder and handing it to Boom, who winced as he secured it with a hand to the gills.

Mark cracked his neck, and rolled his shoulders. "Fight!" One of the boys called.

"What are you doing?" Mark asked.

"You may look impressive, but I am going to show everyone here that you are nothing but gym muscle." The kid said, Mark snickered, boom burst out laughing, nearly dropping the shark.

"This should be good, don't kill them boss." A black legionnaire said, approaching.

"Ah, another fight Mark? Can you not?" Patches asked, just a mere voice in the crowd that was forming.

Mark waited until there were none but a few stragglers and turned to the boys.

"Six on one?" Mark asked, the boys looked confused.

"We dont have time to waste on you, come on and fight me. All at once." Mark said, moving a finger, one kid attacked, using a familiar style.

"Jujitsu?" Mark asked, catching the kids foot.

"What the hell!" The kid asked, jumping back and bringing his foot forward again.

The other kids attacked, and... one by one, they flew out of the group. The poor last kid crawled back as Mark approached.

"Sharkbait!" Mark said, picking up the kid and throwing him into the ocean, the kid skipped three times before he stopped and went into the ocean.

"He'll drown!" A kid said, running towards the ocean, tugging at his shoes and socks. Mark sighed and pinched his nose.

"God, kids these days, Jumper! Save the damn kid." Mark said.

"Is that an order Black Commander?" Jumper asked.

"Corbin! Go!" Mark demanded. Jumper jumped slightly and ran off into the ocean at full speed.

"Woah, Woah Woah.... You're the Black Commander!" One of the kids asked, he looked back to Angel.

"That means your Valkyrie! You're my sister's hero!" The kid said, the crowd burst into noise, all asking for autographs and such. Mark looked to see Valkyrie fading into the crowd.

"Meet at the car!" Mark yelled.

"See you there!" She yelled back. Mark smiled and posed for pictures, signing photos he didnt know were taken, he hated being photogenic.

--

After what felt like forever, Mark made it into the Humvee, he breathed a deep breath.

"When did we become movie stars?" Mark asked, Valkyrie shrugged.

"They showed everyone what you did back then, but why am I so popular?" She asked.

"You're a female that is part of the most elite group of soldiers in the Universe." Mark said, Angel nodded.

"That might be it. Can we go yet?" She asked.

"Yeah, Patches brought his car right?" Mark asked, Angel nodded.

"Then Jumper and Boom brought the truck?" Mark asked.

"They didnt ride with us, so yeah." Angel said, Mark breathed deeply, and started the Humvee, driving off.

--

"What was their address again?" Mark asked.

"1950E Gundry street." Angel said, Mark nodded, and turned down a road.

"What about clothes?" Angel asked, Mark pointed to the glove-box.

"Two bracelets, one white, one black, give me black." Mark said, Valkyrie handed him a bracelet, he put it on without looking and twisted one of the beads. A nice teal flannel with grey undershirt and black wranglers soon covered him and that wasnt even the best part, it got rid of any sand.

"Another reason I love micro-engineering." Mark said, Valkyrie laughed and twisted one of her beads. Soon she was covered with a grey beanie, a loose blue jacket, and dark blue jeans.

"I look like a hipster." She said, taking off the beanie and throwing it into the back.

"Note to self, dont wear beanies." Mark said, Angel laughed and punched his arm.

"Shut up! Your beanies are so much better than that thing!" Angel said.

"Angel... that was one of my beanies." Mark said, Angel's eyes went wide and she unbuckled and jumped into the back, she came back a few seconds later with the grey and white beanie, she smelled it once, giggled to herself, and pulled it over her head.

"You put it on the top of my head like a hipster." She laughed. Mark rolled his eyes and pulled over.

"Come on Hipster, were here." Mark said, opening the door, and stepping out. Angel followed and looked up at the building.

"Nice place they got, third floor right?" Angel asked, Mark nodded, and walked to the door. He walked up the three flights of stairs, and turned back and grabbed Angels hand.

"Come on babe." He said, pulling her to the front door. It had a welcome mat with the blue team emblem in the background.

"Cozy." Mark said, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Knock. Come on, they aren't just going to open the door." Angel said.

"I was getting there,jeez, patience Angel." Mark said, she rolled her eyes and reached forward, just before she could knock Mark bolted forward and knocked.

"You are a child!" Angel laughed. Mark faked a stunned look, then nodded.

"You're probably right." Mark said, he looked back to see the door open.

"Hey! John!" Mark said, moving forward and embracing his dear friend.

"Kelly!" Valkyrie said, hugging the female spartan.

"Its good to see you two!" Kelly said, embracing Mark as Valkyrie hugged John.

"Its been too long already! I cant believe you found this place so fast!" Mark said, Kelly sent a look to John, who looked away.

"He thinks that its too big for us. I bet that you would say it was nice, he said the opposite." Kelly said.

Mark and Valkyrie laughed. "Its a really nice place, I might have to ask to crash here if I piss madam Valkyrie off to badly." Mark laughed, John laughed this time, Kelly gave him a glare.

"I would snitch you out, no offense Mark, but there is such a thing as sisterhood." Kelly said, Mark laughed.

"John, we may both be sleeping in the gutter." He laughed, John nodded.

"Agreed. Oh! Look at the time! We better get going!" John said, looking at a silver watch on his wrist.

"Shit! Come on!" Mark said, he motioned to the girls, they left, Mark and John looked to eachother.

"Today?" They asked. They nodded in unison.

"Today." They said. Then, they sprinted after the girls.

--

Mark found the best place to drive, a huge hill that dipped about a hundred feet or so. "Its funner if you put your hand in the air!" Mark said, letting his hands off the wheel.

"FOCUS ON THE ROAD AND NOT KILLING US!" Valkyrie and Kelly yelled.

"WEEEEE!" John yelled from the back he was much happier after retiring.

Mark put his hands on the wheel and punched the gas, making them almost catapult out of the dip. He turned the next street, turned left once more, and sped down the street. He braked hard in front of Patches and Cat.

"I think Patches needs new underwear!" Cat laughed.

"Not funny Mark! Not funny at all!" Patches yelled, flipping Mark off as he ran to the Mansion.

"Hehehe." Mark laughed, parking the car and stepping out, Valkyrie looked up to the Mansion in confusion.

"How did he afford this?" She asked.

"His father was a politician, he hated him, this is one of the few things he didnt give away." Mark said. Valkyrie nodded, as if that explained all of her questions.

"This place is huge!" Boom yelled, jumping over banisters, the butler and maid were desperately trying to make it look nice.

"Verron, Casandra, its alright, I trashed this place too many times to come home and see it perfect...this, feels like home." Mark said, looking to see the organized chaos of a front room.

"Master Luka- Master Mark, I am sorry, I was mistaken." Verron said, he bowed low.

"Dont fret my old friend, I would hate for that." Mark said, walking forward, and shaking the mans hand. He gave the older woman a kind hug.

"Casandra, how are your grandchildren? I sent them toys every year I could." Mark said, Casandra smiled and laughed, Valkyrie had never seen this Mark, he was so childlike, carefree, his eyes shined bright. But as she thought she realized in that moment, these two people in front of her, they were a huge part to Marks family and a huge part of his past.

She stepped forward, eager to meet them, Mark caught her movement and smiled. "Well, I would like you two to meet Valkyrie, also known as Angel, my girlfriend." Mark introduced.

"Ah, so you are the one that kept our boy together through all this, I am truly glad, my name is Verron, I am the butler of this fine residence, if you require anything during your stay, please, just ask." Verron said, taking her hand and bowing low, below the hand. Her hand was snatched away by Casandra.

"Away you old charmer! Im sorry about him. He's not a bad guy, he just gets carried away, my name is Casandra, I am the maid, nanny, cook, and bartender for this residence." She said, then she leaned to Mark.

"She's beautiful, dont let this one go Mark." She whispered, Mark turned the color of a tomato, and turned away.

"Hehe, he's always so easy to embarrass. Ever since he was a child, he would say how much he cared for Alice, and when I would embarrass him, he would... well look." She said, Mark had walked over to a wall and tried to climb in the old laundry elevator.

"Thats him alright, I dont care what they say." Casandra said, she laughed to herself.

"Alright Mark, come on, you're the leader of a cutthroat organization, you cant be hiding in laundry elevators." A familiar voice said, and Johnson walked into the room.

Angel couldnt put a word to what she felt like seeing him out of uniform. It felt... "This is uncomfortable." Boom spoke up.

"What is Boom?" Mark asked, walking up and embracing the man.

"That! Everyone's not in uniform! Its not right!" Boom said.

"Well I wasn't going to get dressed up just to stay at home." Johnson said, wearing a red Hawaiian shirt, tan shorts and tennis shoes was unlike the Johnson they were used too, except of course, to the first Black Spartan.

"I have to agree with Boom, its.. unnatural." Angel nodded.

"Well this may be one of the only times you see me like this, the UNSC has put me in charge of maintaining our agreement, I will be seeing you all a lot more now, but... I must digress, I do hope it feels like old times." Johnson said.

"So do I dad." Alice said, walking through the door, Shadow beside her.

"Best get ready, everyone else is behind us." Shadow said, Mark rolled his eyes.

"Here we go." Mark said, Shadow laughed.

"I brought this, just in case you want to get crazy." He said, holding up a bottle, it had a label on it. Everclear, and as Marks eyes read it, he hovered over the alcohol percentage.

"Lets fucking party." Mark said.

"Ninety-Five Percent, second highest in the known universe." Shadow said.

"Whats up everyone!" Locke said, entering the room with a loud yell.

"Whats up spartan!" Mark laughed, grabbing his new commanders arm and pulling him into a bro-hug.

After that the rest of Alpha team showed up, along with Osiris and Blue teams members.

Beta team entered. The teams all booed in response. "Simulationers!" They teased. Mark laughed, and gave Wash a two fingered salute, Commander 'Adam' Wash wrapped an arm around Carolina. "Hows retirement Carrie?" Mark asked Carolina.

"Still getting used to being called Carrie again." Carrie laughed, Mark shrugged.

Johnson laid a hand on Marks shoulder and led him out back, the woods where Mark had ran through as a carefree child at the back of the huge yard, one side separated by a line of oak trees. "Come on Mark, help me with this." Johnson said, tossing one end of a tablecloth to Mark, Mark caught it and walked over to the table, laying it evenly on the long table. The shade of the Oak trees covered the table, giving a break from the heat of the day. Mark walked back to Johnson.

"Could you go get the Watermelon?" He asked, Mark nodded, running inside, grabbing the large watermelon and placing his ear to it, he tapped with his knuckles and smiled.

He walked out the door and over to a small table near the barbecue, he brought up a knife and cut the Watermelon into slices, and smiled. "Something feels... familiar." Johnson said.

"Yeah, feels like all those years ago,the summer before I left." Mark said, Johnson nodded, smiling to himself.

"Its odd to see how much you have grown, you didnt think of anything but war before, now... you're as calm as the wind is now." Johnson said. Mark nodded, smirking.

"I've seen more of war then I would ever wish to see. This is a good break for me, and I once again thank you." Mark said, Johnson nodded, and raised a beer.

"To old memories." He said, Mark grabbed a beer from a cooler and raised it to clink against Johnsons.

"To Old Friends." He said. Johnson laughed and started up the grill. Everyone came outside and the party turned into a old fashioned barbecue. Mark laughed as he shared memories with everyone here. Then, a certain old friend showed up to the party.

"Knock knock!" Asaroth laughed jumping over the fence and laughing loudly.

"ELITE! TAKE HIM DOWN!" Mark called, and they all charged the elite, tackling him to the ground.

"OH HO! Not so fast defenders of humanity! The Covanent shall not fall so easily!" Asaroth laughed, standing and pushing everyone away. They all laughed.

"I brought a friend with me, I hope you dont mind." Asaroth said to Mark, Mark raised an eyebrow.

"Friend? What kind of friend?" Mark asked, Asaroth's cheeks turned a different color, apparently, Elites can blush, the more you know.

"Her name is Cassan." Asaroth said, opening the gate, a female Sanghelli appeared, she seemed out of place, but she looked more human then Asaroth.

"H-hello friends of Asaroth." She said, Mark smiled.

"Ashatk Vanct Taeina Varna?" He asked if she would feel better if she sat next to Asaroth and himself.

"Y-you must be Mark Church, I am honored to meet you, Asaroth has expressed great loyalty to you. He often speaks your name in his sleep, and to answer your question, I would like to sit next to Valkyrie if that is possible." She said, Mark gave Asaroth a peculiar glance.

"what?" Asaroth asked.

"You, are a weirdo." Mark laughed, and he turned back to find the Arbiter already sneaking up on John.

"The Elites are invading!" Mark laughed. John turned and grabbed the Arbiter as he pounced, the two wrestled on the ground for a few minutes, before Kelly stopped John and whispered into his ear, he stood up and sat on the bench, looking worried.

"Valkyrie has taught her terrifying ways to others." Asaroth laughed.

"Careful, I will teach it to Cassan too, so you never forget who's boss." Valkyrie said, taking a drink from her bottle.

Mark laughed and walked over to his father.

"Food ready yet?" Mark asked, his mouth watering as he neared. Johnson nodded.

"Almost, give me a few minutes. You should get their energy out before dinner, I dont want a foodfight before five minutes of sitting down." Johnson said. Mark smiled. He walked to the shed out in the yard, and grabbed a baseball, and grabbed the box of gloves, he moved them outside.

"EVERYONE! Lets play some ball before we eat! Come get a mit!" Mark yelled, looking at his yard, he knew that there was a command to bring up a protective barrier and bases, what was it.

"Yard, Change, Baseball Diamond." Cassandra said, clapping, the yard terraformed, and a shield protected everything behind the oak trees, and around the yard , if it hit the barrier it was a home run no doubt.

"Thanks Cassandra! Much love!" Mark laughed. Cassandra waved to him and walked back inside.

--

Soon teams were figured out, and even Asaroth was eager to play, he asked how and Mark explained everything he could, with everyone else pitching in at moments.

"It sounds like fun!" Asaroth laughed. He grabbed a glove, and it adjusted to fit his hand. It must have felt odd to his different hands, and Mark silently promised to look into a glove for the Sanghelli people.

"PLAY BALL!" Mark called, standing on shortstop, where he had always wanted to play, he was alright, but he hadnt practiced in a long time.

"Asaroth! You're up!" Boom called from the opposing team, everyone moved forward, watching as Asaroth tested the bat out, when Allison threw the ball, he hit it fast as a bat out of hell, Mark flopped to his back as it passed over his head. Easily going over two hundred miles per hour. It hit the grass and stopped, Patches ran up and grabbed it, throwing it to second, Asaroth stood on the base, waiting for the next hitter.

The Game proceeded for a while, before Johnson called that dinner was five minutes out, Mark walked up to the plate, the bases full, a perfect play for the last batter. "Ay Batter Batter! Ay!" Locke called from first base.

"Good luck Mark." Asaroth called from behind him. Mark flipped the bat and caught it, tapping home plate and bringing it up to his shoulder. Angel smirked and brought her knee up, throwing it directly down his batters box. Mark stepped into the pitch, swinging the bat with all of his strength, he thought he got a homerun, but it hit the wall below the barrier. Mark sprinted to first.
"GO! GO!" Patches called from third base, motioning for them to go for home. Mark ran to second, hearing Wash jump up to catch the ball, He touched third, seeing the ball moving to home, everyone else had scored, Mark ran towards Asaroth. He knocked him off his feet and touched home.

"Thats our commander!" Allison laughed. Asaroth got up and got in Marks face, seeming upset.

"Dirty trickery!" Asaroth yelled.

"Thats baseball alien boy! I grew up with that!" Mark yelled back, Asaroth took a step back, and roared with laughter.

"Perhaps we should try a game on my home world next, it would be most amusing." Asaroth laughed, Mark reached out his hand.

"Good game my friend. ALRIGHT EVERYONE GO WASH UP!" Mark yelled, grabbing Asaroths hand firmly. They walked to the hose nearby, while everyone else went to find the bathrooms. Mark took off his shirt, laying it on a hook nearby, he turned on the hose, washing his upper torso, then taking a long drink from the hose, and washing his hands before handing it to Asaroth. Asaroth followed Mark's example, chomping at the water. Mark turned off the hose and turned back to Asaroth.

"AH! Refreshing!" Asaroth called, Mark laughed, and shook his head wildly.

"A towel sir?" Verron offered, Mark nodded and grabbed the towel, drying himself and pulling the shirt back over his back.

"Alright! Foods up! Come sit down!" Johnson yelled, Mark sat down at the head of the table, Asaroth to his left, Angel to his right, to her right sat Boom, and so on down the line, Johnson sat at the other side of the table. People picked their spots, and sat down. Once everyone was sitting, they looked to either side of the table, waiting for someone to start.

"First of all, welcome everyone, this has been many years in the making, and I am glad so many of you can make it, I want to thank my mentor and chosen father, Mr. Johnson, for allowing us to use his beautiful home as a location, and I want to thank all of you. Without all of you, we wouldnt be here, we would be fighting an endless war with a war crazed A.I. or even fighting eachother. So this party isnt for me, its for all of you, and your sacrifices that you made, lets not forget the men we lost in this path, our friends and dear comrades, brothers, sisters, even partners. May they rest in piece knowing that what they sacrificed for was not in vain." Mark said.

"Only the dead find eternal victory, HAIL THE ETERNAL VICTORIOUS!" Boom interrupted. Mark grabbed his beer, raising it high.

"Hail!" Mark yelled with the others. Then he drank.

Mark looked down the table, seeing everyone here was good, he smiled broadly. "I am so glad to have known you as friends... no, you are family, I am damn glad to have this crazy family! To the Black Legion!" Mark cheered.

"Black Legion forever!" everyone cheered, Mark smiled.

"Now before I say anymore, I can hear my own stomach growling, so I beg that you dig in!" Mark laughed, everyone cheered one more time, and soon the sound of eating was only heard, some stories were shared, but other then that it was only quiet chatter.

After some time Mark place his napkin on his plate, looking up at the setting sun, it was crazy how fast the days went.

"I propose a toast!" Sixer suddenly said, Mark raised an eyebrow.

"To the man who saved my life from that damned planet! Glory to you Black Commander!" Sixer said, already his speech was slurred.

"I second that! Glory to the best damn CO we have ever had, no offense Johnson." Boom called, raising his glass. Mark laughed, and stood up.

"It appears that you are already drinking too much, so before you get any worse, I want to do something, John. If you could give them to me." Mark said, standing and walking to the side of the table, everyone looked at him confused. John ran to him, giving him a small box. He had taken them to be set with the gems. Mark smiled, his heart beating out of his chest.

"Well, everyone, I want to go through the hardest challenge of my life." Mark said, he walked over to Angel, and got on one knee, and brought up the box, Angel held her hands over her mouth, afraid she would squeal.

"Angelica Dawn Williams, loving you was the best choice in my life, with all of the rewards I was given, all the honors, would you give me the greatest honor I will ever achieve, and become my wife?" Mark asked, opening the box to reveal a clear diamond, but a dark mist swirled inside.

"Thats not a normal diamond, is it?" Boom asked. Mark laughed, and shook his head.

"No, its an Abysll heart-core, its the rarest mineral in the universe, possibly all universes, and it comes from the planet where we first came together, all those years ago." Mark said, then he turned back to Angel, she covered her face.

"Baby?" Mark asked, worried.

Angel uncovered her face and jumped at Mark, pulling him into a delicate kiss. She pulled away and wiped her eyes.

"Does that mean yes?" Mark asked, she nodded.

"Yes, yes! A thousand times yes!" She cried, Mark's heart skipped a beat, she held out her hand, and Mark slid the ring onto it.

"Babe, I want you to know this, that ring is made from tiny pieces of each of our armor's, so we will be with you always." Mark said, Angel looked at the ring, and wiped her eyes again.

"Congratulations!" Cassandra cheered, running out. Everyone burst into applause. Meanwhile, John snuck out the back with Kelly, down the wooded path.

"Where did they go?" Angel asked, watching them go.

"I wasnt the only one who wanted to ask a question today, everyone come on! Quietly!" Mark hissed, Mark and the others snuck along the path as quiet as possible, and Mark saw the duo in a clearing. He stopped everyone and motioned for them to spread out. They did so, ever silent. John and Kelly's foreheads were touching, and they were as quiet as ever.

"Kelly, I am glad you saved me, I want to spend my life with you, do you want to spend it with me?" He asked, bending to one knee, he showed another ring, it had a Abysll heart-core, but its ring was different.

"Do I even have to say? Yes, I want to be with you and grow old together." Kelly said, Mark let out a loud cheer.

"Congrats you two lovebirds!" Mark cheered, the duo looked around, seeing everyone coming out of the woods.

"I thought I asked to be alone?" John asked.

Mark snickered. "Brother, in this family you will never be alone, even if you want too." Mark said, and they all started back towards the mansion, Mark turned to the open section close to the table.

"Firepit, large." Mark said, the yard terraformed into a bonfire pit, with logs already placed.

"Mark." Allison said, watching Mark walk to a bag and unzip it.

"Its fine Allison, its time." Mark said, he pulled out the photo album, he had discovered it in his old home from long ago. Johnson lit the bonfire and looked to Mark. Mark pulled out a photo, his entire family, way back when he was about two or three. He threw it into the fire. Then began to pull photos away and throw them into the fire, but at the end he came to something he had not seen before. A letter addressed to him... from his mother.

"I-impossible." Mark said, his hand trembling. "We still dont know what happened to her Mark, you should read that in private." Allison said, Mark nodded. He pulled a photo out of the last page, and held it near the fire, it was all of the kids, Sarah, Allison, Katie, Annah, and himself, they were so happy together. A tear fell on the photo, and he wiped his eyes, and pulled the photo back, and handed it to Allison. "A reminder of better times." Mark said, Allison nodded.

"Ill put it in the Chaos." She said, tucking it into a pocket. Mark threw the album into the fire. Watching the name Church burn and melt. He felt relieved, his past was finally gone.

"Alright, enough of that, come on now, break out the marshmallows!" Mark laughed, wiping a tear away and turning to the crowd.

"Mark, if I may first." Shadow said, everyone turned to find that he had poured a shot of Everclear for everyone.

Everyone grabbed a glass, and they gathered around the fire. "I've made a lot of mistakes, so I want to give the honor of this shot to Mark." Shadow said, Mark nodded.

"I know exactly who we are dedicating this too.... Alpha! The reason for our victory above all! May heaven welcome him with open gates! You were the best of all of us!" Mark called, praising the sky.

"TO Alpha!" The others cheered.

They drank, and then placed their glasses on the table, Mark refilled them with the rest of the Everclear, and once more they waited patiently.

"And one more time! To our family! The crazy bastards! May we stick together through thick and thin! May we always have our families backs! I love you all, brothers, sisters, lovers! Comrades! Black Spartan Family... Forever!" Mark yelled, the others cheered loudly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

625 78 20
"You motherfucker...! You're gonna pay for this!" A young man in his twenties screamed and wailed like a banshee. "Yeah...I guess," the young tee...
791K 19.6K 40
"All I need is one shot." ✧ Simon "Ghost" Riley was a cold, heartless killer. He was untouchable, and he made his enemies cower just by hearing his n...
76.5K 1.9K 42
You work at a coffee shop as a summer job within your local town. However, a face - or a mask - starts to pop up regularly. You find out he's called...
3.2K 22 23
Here i'm going to write some imagines of Simon Riley "Ghost" from Call of Duty