A Chance For Growth II

By Twisted_Truths

We coming back at you in part two of this roller coaster ride. You're not safe yet, life ain't ever easy so... More

My Secrets, Your Questions
He's Not Family
Your Soulmate is Only Yours
I'll Always Protect You
Steps to a Better Life
Finally On Track
Where We Belong
No Need for Jealousy
You Can Handle It
Try and Make It Work
Turn a Negative to Positive
Should've Been Done
What's Going On
And Then There Was 3
PSA: What's going on?
Strange Things are Happening
There's Beauty In The Struggle
This Can't Be
Get Out of Your Head
Please Don't Go, Not Again
These are Your Choices
No More Denial
This Isn't Our Ending
Can't Get Right
Two Can Play
This is Too Much
Too Soon
Time Has Passed
Like Magnets
Another Chance...Again
FUCK THE AIR YOU BREATHE
We Never Needed Him
A CHANCE FOR GROWTH 3

Keep It Pushing

1.3K 48 117
By Twisted_Truths

A week later....

"Why is it so hottttttttt!?" Marcel whined sitting in front of the A/C.

"Because it's summer time Celly." Heaven responded eating a popsicle. Having no one else to bother but him since Hunter and Brey were away.

"I know that stupid." He responded resulting in her smacking him on the head. He turned flicking his sister which resulting in them going tit for tat until her popsicle fell on the floor. She looked down at it her bottom lip trembling.

"Hev I'm sorry. I'll get you another one." Marcel sighed, he frowned when she started to sniffle.

"There aren't anymore blue ones....." She whined her water works rushing forward.

"Shhhh!...Theres still the green ones, or the red ones." He spoke scoping up the popsicle.

"I don't want them, I want a BLUE ONE!!!" She cried out loud, her voice bouncing off the walls. Walking into the kitchen he groaned throwing the popsicle away then washing his hands.

"Heaven come here." He heard his mother call hearing her child's wail. He sighed knowing Heaven was gonna put on a big front to get what she wanted. It always worked every single time with his dad. His mom on the other hand could see through her charades most days.

"CEL! Quite messing with this girl!" He heard his dad bark loud and clear, he rolled his eyes going about his business. Heaven came back into the room holding a 20 dollar bill, a mile wide grin.

"What? Dad gave you money?" Marcel hissed, Heaven nodded running to her suitcase and putting it in her piggy bank.

"Man, you such a con." He laughed turning on the tv. Then turning the A/C on full blast, it's not like he was gonna pay the bill.

"If we can watch spongebob, I'll get more from daddy and give it to you." She bargained sticking her hand out. He narrowed his eyes at her getting a smirk in return, he shook her hand proud of the monster he created.

"Deal!" He grinned turning on spongebob. Heaven squealed jumping onto the couch her eyes glued to the TV screen.

Meanwhile....

"I should be sleeping. I have a long day tomorrow." Taraji whined feeling Terrence's wondering hands. They had been cuddled up all day long doing nothing but watching Tv. It seemed that as soon as she started dozing off he wanted her attention.

"No..." He whined back starting to kiss up her neck. She hummed swatting his hands trying to fight his touch. She smirked when he sucked his teeth thinking he was giving up. Instead he slipped under the covers and grabbed her legs, giving a quick tug that made her squeal. Effectively getting her in the middle of the bed he came from under the covers to hear her laughing.

"Out of all the things you could have done you yank me." She giggled turning her head to look at him. He shrugged raising the hem of her shirt leaving kisses as skin was revealed.

"Let me...put you to sleep." He purred as she raised her arms to allow him to pull the big oversized shirt off.

He massaged her skin as she rested on her stomach enjoying his hands. Pushing her panties to the side he eased two fingers inside her catching her off gaurd. Her face scrunched as she bit her lip, his pumps slow nothing but pure torture. He licked his lips watching all her love faces.

"Baby..." She whined, he bent down kissing her shoulder.

"Huh?"

"Faster...please." He complied picking up the speed of his fingers hearing those low sounds grow in volume.

As her core started to clench around his fingers he withdrew them ignoring her whine. Dragging her panties down her legs he tossed them aside. Getting out of his clothes he bit his lip. Molding the globes of her ass in his hands. She purred lowly looking over her shoulder. He grinned climbing over her body pulling the cover up. He stared into her eyes tapping his shaft against her ass.

"Stop teasing me!" She spat, he grinned driving into her with one thrust.

Her face falling into the pillows. His fists planted above her shoulders as he started to pound away. Taraji gripped the sheets biting down on her pillow, he was hitting her g-spot with precision and she was known to be loud. The walls at the little complex weren't like the walls at home. Hearing the faint sound of the bed knocking against the wall, Terrence put a pillow behind the headboard to cushion the wall.

"Shit, you gonna cum aren't you?" He asked feeling her throwing her ass back desperately. She nodded her hand pulling the sheet from the corner. Putting more force behind his hips he wrapped a hand around her neck tilting her head to the side and back so he could look into her eyes.

"Give me that shit." He growled on cue her body released a small gush of warmth on his lower abdomen. Her eyes rolled as her screaming was just barely muffed. He concentrated on not busting as he pumped her through her orgasm.

Flipping her over he bent down taking a breast into his mouth. She moaned digging her nails into his back as he eased inside her again. Trailing his mouth up to her lips, a passionate kiss passed between them. His quick pumps into her sensitive body were pushing her up the hill for a second orgasm ready to hit her back to back. Just as they both were about to fall over the edge they heard.

"DADDY!" Followed by the door busting open.

Heaven stopped in the doorway in complete surprise and confusion. Taraji squealed in surprise while Terrence rushed to cover them. Heaven smacked a hand over her eyes running out of the room.

"Shit." Terrence hissed pulling off of Taraji. She sat up smacking him.

"You didn't lock the door!!!?" She shouted completely mortified at what just happened. At least Cel always busted in when they were sleeping, or before anything could happen. Never had a young Howard busted in during their actions.

"I forgot." He spat, running his chest where her heavy hand hit.

"Oh my god Terry!" She cried covering her face.

"Do I go like talk to her? Or do we wait?" She asked looking up at his face. He scratched his head not sure hiself. This was new to him as well. Sighing he got up and shut the door just in case.

"Calm down, let's give her some time to calm down I guess. I'll talk to her, it was my fault I'm sorry." He spoke not sure how that conversation was gonna go. She sat there with her head in her hands acting like they just murdered Uncle Willie in front of everyone.

"Babe, chill. I'm almost positive she barely saw anything. We reacted quickly. I'll fix it everything is okay, go get in the shower. When you get out I'll have everything fixed." He assured her, Taraji nodded heading to the bathroom. Looking through his suitcase for some clothes, he got dressed and waited 10 minutes. With a sigh he headed in search of Heaven.

Walking out he was prepared to have Cel looking at him some type of way, but instead found his kids watching TV. He frowned not sure what to do now. Tapping Heaven on the shoulder, he gestured for her to follow him. Walking into the little kitchen he squatted down to her level an awkward silence in the air.

"....Hev you need to knock before you go running into our room. Any room for that matter. Mommy and Daddy were...." He paused trying to put it in a way she understood.

"We're playing one of those games. That's our private time baby. You need to knock and be more careful. You understand?" He asked, she nodded looking down feeling like she was in big trouble.

"Im sorry daddy." She sniffled wiping her eyes. He shushed her shaking his head.

"You're not in trouble, you're not about to get a whupping or anything. But promise daddy you won't bring this up to mommy at all. Not a word." He spoke sternly, she nodded thinking on it.

"Give me money." She responded, he raised an eyebrow at her. She thought she was being reasonable, she had so many questions she wanted to ask. Like why they were naked, and why the bed was shaking.

"Really Rae?" He sighed, she nodded flashing him an innocent smile.

"Okay, later. Keep this between us." He spoke, she nodded giving him a serious face. Shaking his head he stood heading to go get his wallet. Heaven skipped back to the couch smiling.

"You do what I said?" Marcel asked, Heaven smiled and nodded.

Marcel gave her a fist bump proud of her. She had come down the hall hysterical after seeing that, super confused about what she saw. He was trying to calm her down enough to react to what she was saying. It wasn't untill she said she thinks they were fighting did he come to reality.

After successfully covering an explanation about what they were doing, he told her just how to be able to flip this for her self gain. He was sure Terrence would give her money to make her forget about it. An like a great student of young aspiring blackmailers she succeeded in the mission. He was proud of her come up.

"Good, then we can talk him into what Hev?" He asked.

"Going to get sissy and brother." She responded on a mission. He nodded going back to relaxing. It just wasn't the same without all of them around, plus they needed to be talking about their annual trip.

"Celly you lied to me, you said momny and daddy's games had a wet kitty. I didn't see a single cat." She blurted looking at him accusingly. He busted into laughter trying to formulate a response.

"I promise when you're older I'll explain it to you." He breathed out further confusing her. With a huff she went off in search of Terrence for her money.

The next day....

Lori frowned looking for Hunter. It had been so long since she had children in the house that she forgot where they could hide. With Aubrey at the skating rink with her friends she had no help. She did not know her child at all and it showed. With no one she wanted to call on to help her she devised her own way to calm him, which was feeding him sugar and junk.

That initially backfired as of now, he was flying off the walls. In the long run it only made things worse. She was trying to get him bathed and down for bed. If only she could find him though. Checking the bedrooms and closets coming up empty she started panicking. Running around the house calling his name all while he sat idle in the guest bathroom throwing the toilet paper around and playing in stuff.

At home he knew he wasn't allowed in the bathrooms by hiself, or allowed any junk food before bed. He found that he could get away easily with so much. Stuff that would have surely got his ass tore up back at home.

"Hunter! What are you doing?!" Lori snapped.

He looked up and grinned, she gasped looking at the bottle in his hand. Snatching him up she quickly turned on the shower to was the hair bleach out if his hair hopefully before it did it's damage. Her plans to re-dye her hair blond ruined. Hunter screamed from how hot the water was, she cursed turning it down and trying to keep a hold on him.

"Im sorry baby, I did know it was that hot." She spoke as she rinsed the bleach out. He cried just sitting on the tub floor covering his eyes and nose from the funny smelling chemicals. Getting it finished out she cursed looking at his hand. Getting him out of the wet clothes she decided to just wash him while she had him hear. Getting him clean and dried off she sat him on the counter. He turned looking in the mirror and gasping.

"Uh oh...." He muttered thinking about the last time something happened to his hair. He rembered the ass whupping he got for taking a pair of scissors and cutting it.

"Uh oh what baby?" She asked drying his hair. He looked down poking his lip out.

"Mama's gonna be mad..." He whispered, she frowned.

"I'm not...." She stopped an angry look flashing over her face. She hated that he called her mama, she wasn't his mother.

"Don't worry about it baby, I think you look cute." She spoke trying to cheer him up, his normal dark brown hair light brown like when he was a baby.

"But mama said..."

"Forget what she said. Let's get some clothes on then go to bed." She spoke he nodded as she set him down.

Giving her a cute innocent smile. If she knew Hunter that only meant he was about to do something bad. Like a bat out of hell he took of running naked through the house. She let out a scream of frustration starting to get fed up.

"What are you doing monkey? Get down, what happened to your hair?!" Lori heard voiced from downstairs. Walking down the stairs she saw Aubrey holding her little brother.

"When did you get home?" Lori asked thankful that she caught him.

"Just now." Aubrey answered short and sweet.

"Well I was just about to put him in bed, I planned on going..."

"Yeah yeah, I got him." Aubrey responded not even lending her ears to hear what Lori had to say. Lori seemed to explode in that moment. Grabbing Aubrey by the arm she sound her child around.

"Listen here little girl. I will not tolerate no disrespect in my own house! I'm sick of your mouth! Here I am trying to make a step and fix things but you can't cut me no slack. I'm trying Aubrey, I'm really fucking trying! I don't understand how you can turn your nose up at me but welcome your dad with open arms!! He beat me yet you can love him but not me!" She screamed scaring Hunter. He tucked hiself into his sister's neck to try and hide.

"YOU DIDN'T TAKE CARE OF ME! I TOOK CARE OF ME! I'm not gonna fake like we have a good relationship, you're my mom but you're not my mama. If you wanna have a relationship with your kids then call us. Talk to us when we're away, not just when we get dropped off at your door. You wanna act like a mom when it's convenient for you. I'm not on your time, and neither is Hunter. You want us to feel comfortable with you? Stop being like this!" Aubrey snapped back emotionally, flashes of that horrible night appearing in her eyes. Turning her back on her mother she rushed up the stairs to her room, snatching the phone out of the guest room her father used to a accompany.

"...Daddy?" Aubrey cried into the phone.

"What's wrong Brey? You alright? Hunter okay?" He rushed out, Lori walked up to the door prepared to knock but stopped.

"I wanna go home! I miss you guys, I don't wanna be here anymore." Aubrey responded roughly.

"Brey, what happened?" He asked her sniffles making his heart clench.

"I just wanna come home, don't make me stay here." She spoke wiping her eyes. Hunter pouted looking at her, he hated when she was upset.

"What about Hunter?"

"Hunter, you want to go see mama and daddy?" Brey asked, her brother grew excited yelling yes.

"Okay, I'll call Lori tommorow. For now eat, and get some sleep." Terrence sighed, they passed I love you's before they hung up. Lori dropped her head walking away from the door. It was hard to separate anger from saddness for her. They went hand and hand. She didn't want it to be like this anymore. She wanted her kids to know her and love her like she lived them. It hurt that since she was a teen all she did was compete with Taraji. Whether it was for Terrence or her kids attention. She didn't want to compete anymore, she was tired. She wanted to just live her life and be a good mother.

If that meant developing some type of good relationship with Terrence and Taraji so be it. It wasn't like they just work smoothly with the snap of a finger. After sending Terrence a text saying she would be bringing the kids back the day after tomorrow she went and booked tickets. She wanted to at least end off their visitation on a good note.

"I can't wait to see my babies." Taraji grinned standing at the gate. Terrence chuckled wrapping an arm around her waist. He would never not love the way his kids became hers with no problem. Kissing her forhead he smiled down at her.

"Why you looking at me like that creep?" She spoke frowning, she hated that silent stare shit he does.

"Nothing baby, I just love you." He responded.

"Yeah well love me without making my skin crawl." She spat pushing out his arms only to get yanked back in.

Her giggles lit up the public space as he started tickling her. Lori rounded the corner with her bouncy kids. They actually had had a good day of bonding the day before, and a nice plane ride. Looking around the gate she spotted the two easily. Her heart clenched in jealousy, especially when Aubrey pointed out the two to Hunter. He dropped his suitcase hitting a full sprint.

"MAMA!!!" He screamed making the two break apart. She frowned looking around and till she spotted a fast moving body.

"Oh.....my.....god." She spat not registering that he was running to her. Her focus soley on the different hair color, which had lightened up some more when he had fallen asleep that night. Bending down to catch his flying body she forced a smile.

"Mama, I missed you. I miss you too daddy, but mama lookie!" He spoke pointing to his hair.

"I see..." She gritted out, he smiled wiggling out of her arms to get to Terrence.

"Terry, what the fuck did she do to him?" Taraji hissed her eyes blazing. Though he was just as pissed as she was, he didn't want her popping off. Grabbing the loop of her jeans he tugged her to his side. Aubrey walked over rolling her stuff. Giving both of them a hug she turned to face Lori as well. Before Terrence could say anything Taraji piped in.

"Um...Lori...What happened to his hair?" She asked as nice as possible. Lori cut her eyes at Taraji as if she had no right to ask that question.

"Its cute, I like it. He got into my hair bleach." She answered quick and snippy.

"Bleach!?" Taraji cried touching Hunters head.

"The chemicals on his scalp! His hair could be permanently damaged, he's too young for that stuff!" Taraji spat going into full mother mode.

"He's fine I washed it out when I got a hold of him. His scalp isn't red, he doesn't have chemical burns. He's fine." Lori stated firmly, Taraji's eyes darkened in her direction. Leaning down by her ear Terrence whispered.

"Take your hot head ass to the car."

"Do you see a problem with his hair Terrence?" Lori asked him.

"I mean it's fine." He spoke getting a blazing glare from Taraji. Lori smirked looking at her face, Aubrey frowned. Just like that those two good days were ruined. She hated how Lori liked to push buttons. Just on the plane she told Brey she was gonna apologize about his hair, but once she got out here things switched.

"It's gonna take 6 to 8 months for that stuff to get out of his hair." Aubrey chirped making Terrence's eyes widen. Taraji huffed shaking her head. Setting Hunter on his feet he frowned.

"Lori...he's 3. I don't think that stuff is for him like this. We don't know what it's gonna do to his hair." He groaned.

"You said it yourself it's fine. Plus I'm his mother, if I wanna change his hair I can." She responded getting heated. Taraji snorted getting a pointed look from Terrence. Spinning on her heels she headed for the car. Hunter noticing her moving without a second thought went after her. Giving Lori no second thought. Aubrey knew this conversation was about to take a left, giving Lori a side hug she said her goodbyes. Grabbing Hunter's things she started walking away.

"Uh, have a safe trip home. Thanks for bringing the kids back." Terrence spoke short and sweet, she nodded opening her mouth to say something but he was already jogging after his family. She sighed heading for the next gate to get back home.

An hour later.....

Taraji walked into the house seeing Heaven and Marcel seated in the living room waiting for them. They looked as if they were about to hold an intervention. Marcel cleared his throat and stood.

"Come sit family." He spoke making everyone suspicious, they complied anyways.

"Next order of business for the Howard's is our summer trip. Mom you finish filming next week, which means well be free to head off anywhere." Marcel grinned, Taraji and Terrence shared a look.

"Cel, we decided that your guys summer trip would be here in Cali." Taraji announced as Hunter climbed into her lap. He got hiself comfortable then started dozing off.

"WHAT!"

"Yeah, I mean were already here. I was thinking about going to six flags, and exploring the city. Then going to the beaches, maybe even renting a beach house." Terrence butted in. Marcel sucked his teeth pouting, while Heaven cheered hearing the simple mention of six flags. After seeing it in tv so many times she wanted to go.

"What do y'all think?" Taraji asked ignoring Cel.

"SIX FLAGS!" The girls screamed in unison making Hunter glare at them.

"Okay, where do you wanna go boo bear?" Taraji asked.

"With you." He mumbled sleepily.

"Staying here it is." Terrence announced. Marcel got up sucking his teeth and stomping to his room, yet again there was no Australia trip.

3 months later.....

Taraji hung up the phone grinning wildly. John had just called and assured her she got the role for the movie. Which would be here first movie with Terrence. She was super excited for this, it meant she didn't have to go somewhere else to film. Four Brothers was being shot right in Chicago.

Taraji did a celebratory dance waiting for Terrence to come home with the kids. With all 4 Howard's now in school life was quiet at the house. Leaving Terrence and Taraji lots of sex me free time. They both were highly satisfied and happy.

"Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!" Rung out through the house signaling the return of the family.

"What boy? Quit yelling!" Taraji snapped as Marcel came flying around the corner.

"Look!" He cheered showing her his report card. She grinned seeing all A's. Terrence had made a bet with his son. He bet getting Cel anything he wanted, that he couldn't keep straight A's.

"That's my smart chocolate drop." She smiled smothering him with kisses. He groaned trying to push her off of him.

"Stoooopp! He groaned, she giggled letting him go watching him aggressively wipe his face.

"Don't know where them lips been woman." He grumbled to hiself.

"What was that?" Taraji asked giving him a look.

"Nothing." He rushed out giving her a innocent smile.

"Mama!" Hunter cheered running up to her and hugging her legs.

Heaven ran in doing the same and rattling off a mile a minute about her day. She listened as she started her daily routine. Get Hunter and Heaven down for a nap, have kids do homework, cook dinner, kids down for bed. The dinner table in the Howard house had became the staple for talking about anything and everything. It was where the current Howard debate was taking place.

"That's not something he should have." Taraji stated serving the youngest kids first.

"I told him anything he wanted." Terrence sighed looking at his oldest child. Once again his number 1 con artist trucked him into getting something for hiself. After promising Marcel what he wanted, he was cashing in by requesting a phone. Quite a hot topic in the family.

"That's not fair daddy! I should get one to then!" Aubrey pouted.

"I didn't make you a deal. I made him one, had I known he would ask for a phone I would have said no." Terrence responded kissing Raji on the cheek as she set his plate down in front of him.

"But daddy has to keep his promise, it's what good people do." Heaven butted in, Hunter nodded backing Heaven up.

"That's right Heaven" Terrence praised.

"Mama Raji, tell him that's not fair." Aubrey protested as Taraji sat down.

"There's nothing I can do Brey." Taraji sighed knowing it was already gonna happen. Aubrey sucked her teeth and begun to pout. Dinner commencing in silence until Taraji cleared her throat.

"So baby....I got the role." She blurted, his fork paused from entering his mouth.

"Really? Babe that's great! I'm proud of you." He smiled.

"Yeah, we start next week. There's gonna be some type of like dinner to meet our costars in a few days." She informed him. He nodded going back to eating.

"I'm hoping we have a nice cast, but if we don't we just make our money and keep it moving." He chimed in as the kids started up a conversation.

"Oh mom called while you were gone." Taraji threw out.

"Are they still in Hawaii?" Terrence asked, Alice and Chris had decided to take a second honeymoon for whatever reason.

This one much much longer. With Chris steady rising in the business at her job the money was pouring in. She was spoiling the hell out of his mom, to the point where they were always doing something. He couldn't talk because even though Taraji had her own money, he made sure everything she wanted he bought. She hasn't swiped her own card since they got back together.

"Yeah. She said they were flying out next week. Their little vacation is so cute, I can't wait to see pictures." Taraji gushed.

"They got me thinking if I should run off with you for 3 weeks." Terrence spoke making Taraji smirk.

"As if we could get rid of all of them." She spoke motioning to her kids talking about what to watch on TV tonight.

"You right, just think though. We can kick them all out the house when they hit 18 and go exploring." He laughed, she rolled her eyes. If they did get out of the house they weren't going far.

A few days later....

Taraji headed into the classy little restaurant to meet her cast. Terrence taking forever to get dressed was 20 minutes behind. She refused to wait for him. Heading in she was lead by a waiter to her table. John waved her over with a smile.

"Taraji this is Mark, Garret, you've met Andre....and you remember Tyrese."John introduced, Taraji's smile dropped as she heard his name. Coming face to face with Tyrese after what happened last time was not anywhere close to what she wanted to do. He kept his smile urging her to do the same.

"These are our leads, but some of our other cast are trickling in." John added as she shook hands. The men started talking amongst themselves as other came in. As she talked with Andre she felt him by her before he opened his mouth.

"Can I talk to you....please?" Tyrese asked, she forced a sweet smile and shook her head.

"Its important Taraji." He responded. Feeling like he was invading in a conversation Andre slowly backed away.

"Get away from me!" Taraji hissed, he sighed looking around.

"Look I'm sorry about...what happened. I wasn't thinking straight, I was mixed up in my own jealous possessive mind. I never meant for that to happen, I'm truly truly sorry Taraji. I can't express to you how much regret I have. I'm ashamed at myself, I just ask for your forgiveness." He spoke her eyes jumped everywhere but his. She stared back at him with barely controlled anger.

"Are you serious right now? An apology doesn't make me feel better Tyrese. You tried to take me!!" She sneered, he dropped his head looking off to the side. Seeing John and the other producers eyeing their exchange.

"Taraji cool it. They watching us, I know what I did. I know I was wrong, I know you feel unsafe with me. I know this, I'm not asking for us to be friends. I'm asking for us to bury the beef and go on about our lives." He responded calmly. Her jaw ticked as she stared at him.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night " She muttered, her eyes met a pair of Hazel ones scanning the room. His darkened as he took in the scene. Before he could stomp in her direction John cut his path off and started introducing him to people. Tyrese followed her eyes and gulped visibly.

"I just wanted to squash things and apologize for behavior. I'm really sorry Taraji." He spoke practically groveling at her feet. She gave him a short nod of acknowledgement.

"And this is Tyrese and Taraji." John introduced, Terrence's eyes blazed as he looked at Tyrese. Putting extra pressure on the hand shake, looking at Taraji he shook her hand noticing Tyrese sneaking off.

"Nice to meet you, excuse me." He spoke following him torwards the bathroom. As soon as Terrence stepped into the bathroom he grabbed Tyrese by the collar shoving him into the wall.

"Why the fuck you bothering her huh?" Terrence hissed ready to go back to jail.

"I was just apologizing. I don't mean any trouble." Tyrese rushed out.

"How bout you stay the fuck away from her! If I catch you around her and it's not required for a scene ima fuck you up. Matter fact don't look in her direction, don't get close to her, don't talk to her or I'm fucking you up. Nigga if you even breath too hard around her I'm fucking you up and that's a promise. Got no problem fucking up your face again. I bet not hear her name in your fucking mouth or so help me nigga." Terrence growled the veins popping up on his arms from how right he was holding Tyrese.

"I hear you, I didn't get her this role to mess with her. It was an apology." Tyrese admitted making Terrence huff.

"I don't care if you got her this role or not! That don't mean y'all cool, it don't mean we cool. Watch it." Terrence threatened letting him go. Fixing his clothes he walked out of the bathroom completely livid. Tyrese smoothed his clothes out letting out a deep breath. A toilet flushed making him pause. Out walked Andre whistling to hiself.

" I don't know what the fuck you did bro, but uhh....leave whatever girl you did something to alone. Cause that guy sounded like he was two seconds from remodeling this bathroom." Andre warned washing his hands. Tyrese sighed looking in the mirror.

"I'm serious dude." Andre spoke trying his hands. Casting one last look at Tyrese before exiting he shook his head scared for the guy.

"What'd you do?" Taraji asked Terrence who was visibly pissed drinking from a water bottle.

"Drop it." He hissed trying his best to control his anger. He wasn't trying to snap at Taraji, but it seemed to just be slipping out.

"I don't want us to lose these roles. You said it yourself that if we didn't like the cast then we just go about our business." She spoke.

"Penda!" He growled shutting her up. His jaw ticked as he fought harder to calm down..

"I was just..."

"Go mingle and eat and shit. I need a minute." He grumbled walking away from her.

She sighed watching his form retreat. At some point he had disappeared completely from the gathering. Leaving her there by herself. She drove home pissed after the gathering was over. He didn't even let her know he was leaving.

Walking in the house she spotted her kids watching TV and eating ice cream. They waved at her flashing her a smile.

"I'm going to bed early. Give me my hugs and kisses." Taraji spoke kissing each child on the forehead. They all said their goodnights as she headed upstairs.

"Uh oh." Heaven spoke once her mom was gone.

"Uh oh what?" Brey asked.

"Mommy only goes to bed early when she's upset at daddy. Daddy did a bad thing again." Heaven responded watching her shows.

"Should someone go tell him she's home?" Aubrey asked, Marcel and Heaven shook their heads.

An hour passed before Terrence came up from the game room. His kids still quietly watching TV. Heading to the kitchen to grab something to drink he peeked out the window. Cursing when he saw her car parked, spinning on his heels he headed upstairs. Opening his bedroom door the scent of lavender attacked him. The bathroom door was cracked open, he could hear her moving around.

Taking a deep breath he pushed the door open seeing her standing in the mirror with a face mask on. She rubbed in the lotion on her legs, looking up just in time to see him drop behind her. She scowled ignoring him.

"I know you mad at me and stuff. I just wasn't ready to see him and then trying to calm down with that nigga just smiling and grinning like he ain't a fucked up person just had me heated. I couldn't focus on my anger management. So I left, I'm sorry that I did." He spoke waiting for her to respond.

"Apology accepted." Was all she said back, he knew she was still upset. Stepping in closer he started rubbing her shoulders.

"Even though you understand my reasoning, that doesn't make you less mad. I get that, I was an ass and being snappy. Let me make it up to you." He spoke starting to place soft kisses down her neck.

She closed up her lotions and started washing the face mask off. He continued his slow seduction, waiting till she was done to spin her around. Holding eye contact with her as he kissed a path down her body. A soft moan slipping from her lips.

He pulled one leg over his shoulder, opening her robe revealing his treasure. Taraji tossed her head back letting him work. The skills he had with his tounge were unimaginable. Her hand fisted his hair as he brought her to another leg shaking nut. Her body trembled as short gasps left her lips.

"You taste so fucking good." He moaned licking his lips as he sat her leg down. She took slow deep breaths getting control over her body. He trapped her against the sink leaning in and kissing her lips.

"Been waiting to get in you all day." He groaned as he started messing with his belt. She tilted her head to the side and have him a sneaky grin.

"You're on probation." She announced making him pause. She hummed tying her robe back, his face confused and shocked.

"But thank you baby." She added pecking his lips then walking around him.

Climbing in bed she turned out the lamp going to sleep. He mumbled under his breath like a child as he got in the shower. Getting out he practically stomped downstairs to lock up and tell the kids he was going to bed. Taraji fought her giggle when he did climb in bed, his movements so aggressive. After a few minutes she felt him trying to ease up close to her.

"Im serious, keep messing with me a week gone turn into a month." She threatened, he sucked his teeth rolling over. She smiled in the darkness drifting off while he pouted.

"Marcel! I know you not still on this phone!" Taraji snapped busting into his room. He was hanging upside down on his bed just chuckling lowly. Looking up at his mom he sighed.

"Hold on girl, yeah she in here again." Marcel spoke deeply, getting up.

"Excuse me little boy! I can take that away!" Taraji spat fed up with him, every damn second he was on that phone. When he was supposed to be sleeping, eating, cleaning. He never did not have it.

"I'll call you back Phire." He rushed out his voice returning to its normal tone.

"Are you packed?!" She asked, he gave her a smile kicking his feet.

"Give it here."

"But mommmmmm."

"Give it here Dashon, when you packed then maybe you can have it back." She spoke hand perched on her hip. He slapped the phone on her hand resulting in her smacking the fire out the back of his head. He whined holding his head fighting the tears trying to erupt.

"Keep playing with me, you'll get an ass whupping today!" Taraji snapped exiting the room.

"Aubrey you betta not be on that damn phone either!" Taraji yelled, she had two pre-teens with phones in the house. They rarely came from their rooms now a days. Walking into Brey's room she snatched the phone from her. Hanging up before Brey could get a chance to.

"PACK!" Taraji demanded the oldest children trying her patience. They were flying out tommorow morning. After a long 3 months of filming they were flying home for the holidays. Feeling like they were long overdue for a real family gathering. Brey started packing with attitude damn near setting Taraji off.

"You know what...." Taraji cut herself off shaking her head.

"What? I'm packing!" Brey spat throwing stuff into her suit case. Taraji hummed walking out of the room.

"Y'all wanna play, that's fine. Both y'all getting your ass whupped." She announced loud and clear, both of them shot out their rooms.

"Noooooo!"

"Mama, I'm sorry!"

She ignored them going on about her business. They were supposed to been have packed. Even Hunter and Heaven were packed and they did it by themselves. Of course she went through and checked though. As she hit the last step Terrence was rounding the corner with his belt in hand.

"I heard you fussing, do me a favor and listen for my phone i'm expecting a call." He spoke kissing her cheek, she nodded heading to check on her kids.

Heaven sat playing on her leapster, while Hunter played on the TV with his new v-tech. Her little man was 4 years old, and due to Lori still had bright brown hair. Lashes from a belt echoed upstairs, Aubreys cries being heard first. The younger kids looked up from their games and shrugged. It wasn't them getting an ass whupping so they didn't much care.

"Y'all wanna make cookies tonight before we go?" Taraji asked as Marcel's cries were heard next. The young ones nodded running into the kitchen. The easy task soon got messy real fast. Taraji laughed enjoying her time with them, both Terrence and her had been extremely busy this first half of filming. Now they were getting a two and a half week break before filming this last half of the movie which the producers promised them wouldn't be as busy. Terrence returned down stairs in time to grab his phone that just started ringing. Heading outside to a more quiet environment he answered.

"Hey Terrence, this is Stephanie Allain. We went over the tape you sent in, and I have to say I'm impressed. I think you really embody this character, the rawness in the way you took it. I love it. I'm aware that you working with my co-producer on his movie, I'm prepared to work around that. I really want you for this role. It is yours." She spoke, he grinned doing a little happy dance. He loved acting and showing his craft but he loved being a lead most of all. He loved the spotlight, he lived for it.

"That's great, I would love to do this." He responded excitedly.

"Wonderful, with you being our star and everything. We're looking into a love interest for you. Do you know anyone that you have good chemistry with? Anyone you've worked with? We need another lead that can generate that hot chemistry. It's gotta be radiant, unexplainable, and electrifying....but it's gotta be very low key. Like the characters don't know but the audience can see clearly. " He paused a grin spreading across his face.

He didn't even have to think. He read the script he knew what the character needed. All he could visualize was Taraji. Not because she was with him, but because the part screamed raw talent. He knew she wanted to do comedies and action roles, but as he told her she was fit for the dramatic and deep roles. She needed to connect not just feel like it was fun.

"There's this one actor, she's currently my co-star right now. We have this raw spark it's weird, I think she could do it." He responded.

"Really! Great! What's her name? I want to reach out to her as soon as possible." She cheered.

"Taraji P. Henson." He spoke clearly.

"Got it. Thank you Terrence, I can't wait for us to start. This coming August." She spoke, Terrence thanked her before they hung up.

Opening the back door to let Uncle Willie out to pee. Going back into the house he stood in the doorway of the kitchen watching Taraji helping Hunter use the cookie cutters. He smiled thinking about how much bigger her smile would be once she got a lead role again. He didn't want to fell her he got it for her though. He was just gonna tell her he tossed her name into the jar. He knew she could do it and didn't need his help. He felt like this was perfect and just wanted to seize the moment.

"Beloved I just got another role!" He announced, she spun around giving him a hug and a kiss.

"That's great baby." She grinned.

"Yay daddy!" Heaven cheered hugging his legs.

He joined them in the making of cookies, soon joined the rest of the calm till it was just a big family thing. On schedule the next day they were with family, even Apryl flying home for the holidays. That same day Taraji got a call about a potential role. She sent in a tape that following day.

He knew she was getting the role but she didn't, she stressed and stressed over it until he distracted her with a nice romantic date back at where they used to eat when they were young. Then the questions about getting proposing and getting married came out from the family

Taraji wasn't in a rush and neither was he. He wanted things slow, they learned a thing or two from JJ and Tracie. Patience was key, and with out a pressure to get married they were happier. That happiness was nothing compared to the happiness Taraji pushes out when she got the call on Christmas that she got the part. Her smile was the best gift he got all day. She gushed about working with him for yet another movie. The day drug on to night, Howard's and Henson's watching Christmas movies and drinking hot chocolate. Terrence sat cuddled up with Taraji, looking around at the happy faces he decided that 2003 was a year going down in the books.

Hope you enjoyed!💖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

My Boys By angelic_alexx

General Fiction

165K 4.2K 36
Joey didn't mean to catch them killing someone. He was just going for a walk in the park. He didn't know he'd get caught. He was just going to turn a...
5.8K 318 13
Introduction : 'Trust'! 'Faith'! 'Belief'! have these words ceased to exist? Can't we trust someone without worrying about all negative things? Can't...
77.9K 3K 48
What would you say if we told you Taraji and Terrence had a secret? It wasn't just any secret....it was THE secret. What if it didn't start during th...
21.7K 1.2K 35
Completed March 19, 2016 "When people hurt you, the first thing on pretty much everyone's mind is revenge. It's not necessarily bad, no, it's just hu...