OBSESSED

By badroommate

BOOK ONE of the Falling for a Muller series -(-)- her heart is on the mend, but his eyes are already set on h... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
68
69
70
71
sequel

67

19.2K 526 88
By badroommate

JARROD

After coming to with the worst fucking migraine, I realized I was slumped over on the floor.

My face was smooshed against the wood paneling and I could tell it would a few minutes of blood flow to make my face look normal again.

I knew what had happened but I couldn't resist calling out for her.

"Leah!" I moaned. My arms and legs felt heavy and sluggish. "Leah. Please."

She stabbed me and she left me but I still had hope that she hadn't. I would've preferred her to stay and tie me down, torture me if she had to. Just as long as she didn't leave me.

But she did.

The cabin rang empty with the sound of my broken voice. She was just like Tiffany.

I pulled my shit together and got up. My mind raced at the thought of her getting away and going to the police. If she had any sense, that's exactly what she would've done. It was clear she didn't love me. Never did, probably.

"Fuck you!" I howled, kicking a stool at the kitchen bar.

My body quivered. Think, think, think. What do you need to do?

Leave.

So I got all my shit together and took it to the car. Then I did a final sweep to make sure there weren't any fucking syringes laying around. At James' request, I locked the door behind me and wedged the key between two of the wood slats around the door. My jaw clenched as I slid into the car. The sadness was waning and being replaced by anger.

They always think they can leave me.

I turned the ignition over and looked up the nearest police station. On the drive, I called James.

"Do you always have to call so late?" he demanded.

"I have a problem."

"What the fuck is it now? Did your bitch not like my cabin?"

Fighting back the urge to defend Leah, I replied, "She escaped. I imagine she is either talking to the police by now or lost in the woods somewhere."

"She escaped? You mean you were holding her captive?"

"Not unlike you and Marissa."

James scoffed. "Fucking Christ! Have you lost it? I never held Marissa against her will! You kidnapped your patient and held her hostage in my house?"

"She wasn't a hostage. Listen, I just—"

"Oh my God. Our family is diving straight into the depths of Hell. Julia loses her fucking mind so you think you can just go off the rails too. Is that it, dumbass?"

"I am perfectly fucking sane!"

"Then fucking act like it." James took a deep breath and I sorted through the barrage of emotion plaguing me. "Listen to me very carefully. If she is with the police, they will destroy your reputation and mine. The whole fucking family name will be sullied. Go find that little wench and make sure anyone she has told understands that you were the victim. I don't care how you have to spin it. You caused this mess, so now you better fix it."

"How the hell do I make myself look like the victim?"

"I don't fucking know. You figure it out, Doctor."

The line went dead. I threw my phone across the car, where it smashed into the door and cracked the screen. It chirped out a limp command.

"Continue for ten miles and then make a right."

When I sighed angrily and reached over to grab it, an idea came to mind. I glanced away from the road to look at the screen. Make myself look like a victim. A victim of a very gentle, little woman. A woman no one would ever perceive as a threat.

How the hell was I going to do that? And why did the thought of lying to officials to hurt Leah make me feel sick?

She was the one who drugged me and left me here. She was the one who obviously didn't give a shit about us. I should've been happy to hurt her and make her understand my pain. Here I'd thought we were making good progress. I should've known.

Then I thought of her angelic face—the slope of her cheekbones and the way her mouth set, the way her eyes crinkled when she laughed. My heart throbbed in against its cage. I could never have anticipated this. Leah had only ever been patient and kind with me.

So how could she do this to me?

I glanced at a warning sign that displayed a black outline of a bear with the word CROSSING underneath it. My lungs seemed to cease all operation as I fought for my next breath. What if she tried to stay off the road and a bear found her? I couldn't bear the thought of something happening to her. But how could I know? She didn't have her phone. If I called to report a missing person, I would have a hard time turning this around on her.

Unless . . . She did stab me in the neck. I could report her missing and as a threat. I could say she's mentally unstable. I'm a doctor, after all. Wouldn't I be able to tell?

My hand brushed against the puncture hole in my neck. Maybe I could sew a story together. I ended the GPS on my phone and dialed 911.

"This is 911. What is your emergency?"

"I'm looking for my girlfriend," I said. "I think—I think she may be having a mental break. She drugged me and I just came to. I'm searching the roadways for her, but—"

"Sir, calm down. What is your name and location?"

I swallowed. "Jarrod Muller. I-I don't know where I am. I think I may be on Hill Rd? Look, my girlfriend—her name is Leah Harris—she is out here somewhere.
I need help finding her. She might have hurt herself or maybe someone else. I really don't know and I'm just scared."

"Just remain calm, sir. You said she drugged you. Are you in need of medical assistance? I will send an ambulance to your—"

"No! I'm an ER doctor and I'm fine! I just want to find my girlfriend."

The operator was quiet for a moment. "You said your girlfriend's name is Leah Harris. Where was she last seen?"

"My brother's house. We aren't from around here and I'm terrified that she might be lost. I know there are bears around here—"

"What is your brother's address? Are you there now?"

"No, I'm out looking for her." I ground my teeth. Did these people not know how to listen? I told her the address.

"I will send an officer to your brother's house. Return there and wait for help. She might go back looking for you, especially if she's lost or hurt. Call again if you see her before the officer arrives."

"Okay."

"Is that understood?"

"Yes." I hung up.

Such bullshit. How could they tell me to not look for her?

I knew I couldn't just keep looking for her. They would be suspicious. I needed the police to believe me and I needed to hide the zip ties.

Sighing, I turned the car around and started back towards the cabin. "You better be safe," I grumble under my breath. "I'm coming from you, honey."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

170K 8.9K 69
BOOK TWO of the Falling for a Muller series -(-)- he should be grieving. she should be moving on with her life. and yet, they find themselves dancin...
1.9K 59 8
Dr Meera Jaiswal is a headstrong, chubby, plain girl living a typical life until she meets an arrogant, pure devil of a guy one day. As fate would ha...
640K 17.4K 36
"š“š”šž š¬šžšœšØš§š šˆ š¬šžš­ š¦š² šžš²šžš¬ šØš§ š”šžš«, šˆ š¤š§šžš°. š’š”šž š°ššš¬ š¦š¢š§šž. š„šÆšžš§ š¢šŸ š¬š”šž šš¢šš§'š­ š¤š§šØš° š¢š­. š€...
185K 2.6K 27
This is a book that's just Yandere x reader because I have an unhealthy obsession with Yanderes. šŸ˜šŸ‘ There are āš ļø trigger warnings āš ļø ...