Death Note: The Raven [Reader...

By LinkThePokemon

I do not own Death Note, the characters or you. I do not own Sword Art Online or any other anime references I... More

Death Note: The Raven
Chapter One.
Chapter Two.
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen
A/N: Here We Go...
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
A/N: One book?
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four.
Chapter Twenty-Five: Preview...

Chapter Three.

23.8K 687 2.5K
By LinkThePokemon

Sleepily, you knock on the door to Kiba's mansion. That's right- mansion. He's loaded... Or should you say, his parents are. When you were five, Kiba became your best friend instantly and his parents company became famous when you were twelve. They treat you like their own, helping you out when you need it and everything.

A perky-looking blond opens the door, a grin plastered on her face. Her green eyes look you up and down, taking in any changes, "[Y/N]-chan!" She squeals, pulling you into a hug.

"Hey Asuna-san!" You chuckle, hugging the woman who's in her fourties, yet she looks like she's still in her twenties. She's really pretty but considering she used to be a supermodle, that's expected. Of course, she quit to raise Kiba.

"Ohh, come in, come in!" Stepping aside, she gestures you to come inside.

A small smile is shown at her, "How's you and Kirito-san?"

"We're good, we're good... How about you and Light-kun?" At that, she wiggles her eyebrows and chuckles as your cheeks redden.

That's right, Kiba's mom is one of those rare cool ones.

Stuttering, you blush darker, "We're, um, we're good,"

A small laugh escapes her lips as she takes your jacket, hanging it up, "Well that's good. Why don't you get on up to do your project now,"

"Thanks Asuna-san! Ohh, by the way, did another guy come yet?"

"I'm afraid not... If he shows up, I'll send him up,"

"Great, thanks!" And with that, you walk upstairs. Upon opening Kiba's door, you see him with his headphones on, drawing away.

Hehehe... Sneak attack tiiiiiime~!

While stifling a snicker, you walk up behind him and smirk. And then... He begins to sing.

(Attack On Titan theme tune for the EPICNEZZZZ)

"SIE SIND SAD ESSEN UND WIR SIND DIE JÄGER!"

.... Perfect.

Grabbing his shoulders, you yell, "TITAAAAANS!"

Kiba, being the idiot that he is, falls out of his chair and onto the floor, face first. He face-plants the floor, butt in the air. Groaning, he pulls off his headphones and glares at your crying-with-laughter form. Sore, you fall onto your butt with laughter, face as red as a cherry.

~Kiba's POV~

Bored, you decide to jam out to some anime music while you wait for [Y/N].

"In My World- Blue Exorcist..? Nahh,"

"Zeotrope- Amnesia..? Nahh,"

"Resonance- Soul Eater..? Fuck yeah."

And so, you put on said song as you begin to draw an anime version of [Y/N], bored out of your mind. As time passes, you feel yourself getting more and more into the music until it finishes and the next song comes on... Crawl- Nabari No Ou. Again, you get lost in the music as it plays through your headphones... Even finding yourself humming the tune.

And then, it came.

The Attack On Titan theme tune... So, you couldn't resist.

From the top of your voice, you sing-yell (like the song itself does), "SIE SIND SAD ESSEN UND WIR SIND DIE JÄGER!"

All of a sudden, a pair of hands clasp your shoulders , a voice yelling, "TITAAAAAAANS!" into your ear.

In shock, you fall off of your chair... Face-first with your butt in the air.

A small groan escapes your lips as you pull off the headphones, a cute laugh flowing into your ears. There stood, nevermind, sat a laughing girl with shiny [H/C] locks hidden under a grey beenie, her amazingly [E/C] eyes shut tight with laughter. A purple and blue checked shirt covers a grey tank-top, blue jeans and purple converse on her feet.

Man, she's truly stunning...

Slowly, her face turns bright red from laughing so hard.

"What was that for?!" You yell, trying to act casual.

Once calmed down, she wipes away the stray tears and smirks, "I was an oppertunity... And I took it. You do call me Levi so... It seemed perfect,"

Rolling your eyes, you stand up and help her up. She smiles and thanks you before you shrug, "So I guess we should get moving to my study, Levi,"

"Alright, come on then," The smaller female says, walking out of your room. Grabbing the art supplies from your desk, you follow her out of the room and down the halls to the study.

Why'd I wear my One Piece hoodie?! I look so derpy and she looks so cute... Wait, I look casual, what's the problem? I mean, it's a casual grey jumper with One Piece on it... Yeah, I'm sure it's fine. Are blue black jeans casual?! I suppose so... Stop fussing, Kiba. I see why she calls me baka a lot...

All of a sudden, an arm grabs you, dragging you into a room. Confused, you look down to see [Y/N] looking at you with concern in her beautifully [E/C] hues, "Are you alright? You were about to pass the study you baka,"

"Huh? Yeah, perfectly fine," You grin back nonchalantly.

She raises an eyebrow but decides it best to not push it.

Phew!

After placing everything out on the table, all of a sudden the doors open to reveal my mom... And Ryuzaki?!

"Ohh, hey Ryu-kun. Crap, I forgot to mention it... Uhh, Kiba-kun, Ryuzaki-kun has to be with us for the project," [Y/N] awkwardly smiles at you, obviously uncomfortable about the situation herself.

You're fucking kidding me, bro.

"Yeah, sorry to intrude, Kiba-kun..." Ryuzaki apologuises.

Politely, you flash him a grin, "It's alright,"

~Lawliet/L/Ryuzaki's POV~

Automatically, [Y/N] and Kiba know what they're doing.

"Alright, so if we draw it here and we can add the text here..." She gestures to the large paper on the grand table, about the size that would be at a board meeting of a large company.

Kiba nods, "Yeah... That's good. Should I do the anime style effect or...?"

"Yeah- you draw it so well!"

"I had a great teacher, afterall,"

"Ohh, stahp. Anyways, what animes are we doing it about? Ohh, and are we going to add anything else?"

"Well, you like books... Your character could be reading in the background and I could be... Falling on my face,"

At that, she giggles and hugs him, "I'm sorryyyyyyyyyyy!"

"It's fine, bully,"

Finding an opportunity to finally be able to get involved, you defend her, "Someone that small can't be a bully,"

"HEY!" She yells as both you and Kiba laugh.

"Good point... Mind you, everyone was scared of Levi and he could kick ASS," Kiba points out.

You nod, "Very true..."

"Back to the project," [Y/N] glares at you playfully, sticking out her tongue, "Ryuzaki-san, what would you like to be doing in the background?"

Confused, you decide to ask, "What even is the project about?"

"Everyday life, basically," Kiba shrugs.

"Mhm. And since we three all like anime, that's what ours will be," [Y/N] adds.

Now that I look at her properly today, she's as beautiful as ever... Like, wow. And her voice... I never noticed before but that thing is heavenly. Why did I waste my possibility with her on something so... Stupid as sleeping with someone else? Someone who just cannot compare...

"Alright... I don't know, what should I do?" You shrug.

She thinks for a moment before a huge grin spreads across her lips, "You should be eating cake, crouched in your famous sitting position!"

Surprised, you question, "You remember that?"

"Duhh," Rolling her eyes, she smiles, "Cake was the one thing you love more than anything,"

Not everything...

"Alright so you're reading, he's eating and I'm... Uhh..." At that, Kiba trails off, unsure of his decision.

"Drawing. You should make it like it's still in the process of being drawn at the bottom right corner," She flashes him that amazing grin of hers.

He smirks, pulling her into a hug, "Ahh... My creative genius is growing up so fast... Yet still not getting any taller,"

At that comment, she does as expected. She hit him. Hard. On the back of the head. With a book. And of course, he grabs his head, pouting like a five year old who's just had their toys hidden away for a month. Ignoring the male, she turns to you before smiling innocently, "So, sugarplum, what can you do? Draw, colour, sketch text?" And then, her cheeks flush as she realises what she just called you. Her eyes widen before she turns away to the paper, trying to hide her embarrassment.

She used... The nickname she used for me all those years ago. I was her sugarplum or nutcracker and she was my sweet or sweetie. The first time she called me it was on our first date. We had just watched Barbie's Nutcracker for something fun to watch and so, she called me her sugarplum.

~Flashback~

"That was so cheesey," [Y/N] chuckles as you walk down the street, your arm slung over her shoulder.

You laugh, moving a stray strand of [H/C] from her perfectly [E/C] eyes, "Maybe a little... But I'd always be your nutcracker,"

"More like my sugarplum, sweet-boy," She giggles, a small blush creeping into her cheeks.

"Ahh, shut up," Nervously, you say.

All of a sudden, she stops and kisses your cheek, "Never ever, sugarplum,"

"And that is why I love you more than sweets, sweetie," And with that, you press your lips to hers gently, embracing your first kiss with the girl of your dreams.

~End Of Flashback~

"Whatever helps," You shrug, trying to suppress the blush of the memory.

"Alright, let's get to work!" Kiba exclaims, grinning as he picks up a pencil.

~~~~

Sighing, Kiba stands up, "I'll go get some drinks and snacks now that I'm done... You two start painting and CAREFULLY! THAT CRAP TOOK ME THREE HOURS!"

Both you and [Y/N] look at each other with wide eyes before nodding, "Okay, okay!"

"Good," And then, he grins, "Back soon, babes and brah,"

Silence fills the room as you and her look at each other before she smirks, "Awwe, Kiba-kun called you babes,"

"Yeah, we're in love, you see," You smirk back, rolling your eyes.

As she picks up the red paint, she laughs, "Same old Lawliet,"

"Nahh, I'm new and improved, baby," A small snicker escapes your lips as she chuckles.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah... Get to work!" And with that, she flicks the red paintbrush at you.

Splat!

Looking at your white shirt, you see multiple red splotches on it.

Ohh, now she's done it.

"I'm so sorry," She almost whispers, taking a cloth and dabbing it.

Taking her hands gently in one of yours, you smile at her, "Don't worry about it..." So that's when you dip your fingers in the paint pot next to you, wiping the substance across her cheeks. She gasps in shock, stumbling back before blinking at you, shocked at your actions.

I must admit, that blue paint brings out her eyes nicely.

Gazing at you, a small smirk spreads on her lips. Her small hands grab some red paint before she innocently bats her eyelashes at you.

God, she's gorgeous.

And then, the small ninja attacks. Her hands quickly swipe across your face, smothering the red substance across your face. A small chuckle escapes your lips as you grab more paint from the green, patting her head. Quickly, she grabs the yellow and runs her hands through your hair. Once black now a weird, unrecognisable colour.

And that's when you two broke out into full-on paint war!

~Kiba's POV~

Soubi, your butler, pulls the cart along behind you, insisting that you allow him to do his job. You roll your eyes but comply- he's a honourable man, after all.

Approaching the study door, you hear the muffled laughter of both [Y/N] and Ryuzaki coming from within. Simply, you walk in... And wish you haden't.

Splat!

Orange paint drips from your hair as the pair fall to their knees with laughter, clearly just sneak attacked you. They high-five through their laughter before [Y/N] collapses onto her back, unable to even sit anymore as her face turns red.

Hm... I'll show you red.

And so, you grab some red paint, smothering it across her cheeks. Ryuzaki laughs harder, only to also receive some off of you.

Paint war!

~Your POV- another three hours later~

A small, delighted sigh escapes your lips as you take a drink, observing the finished masterpiece. And you did have to admit that it was, in fact, a masterpiece.

It looks look like a professional had done it. Everything had a nice, perfectly thin black outline. On the left was Ryuzaki, couched in his little pose and eating a red velvet cupcake. In the centre was you reading a manga. And finally was Kiba, looking as if he was finishing off the white corner. In the centre, right to you, was the text 'Everyday life'. It was pretty amazing.

"Finally finished!" Kiba grins, falling onto his butt in exhaustion.

You chuckle, "Yeah... That took a LOT of effort,"

"We did great! You're an amazing drawer, Kiba-kun. Sorry for the... Um... Mess," Ryuzaki apologuises, gazing at the paint-covered floors.

Shrugging, Kiba replies, "Forget about it, the maids will clean it. As for you two... Maybe you should go home and shower, paint people,"

Curious, you look down at yourself to barely see a single spot where you didn't have paint. Like seriously, you were coated in the stuff. Several times.

"Heh-heh... Maybe we should," Awkwardly, you say.

Ryuzaki nods, "Come on, I'll walk you, shortie,"

"Okay. See you on Monday, Kiba-kun!" You grin at said boy who says goodbye to the pair of you, leading you to the door. Once out, you gaze at Lawliet, "You look like a rainbow,"

"Well you look like a unicorn puked on you," He retorts, smirking at your shorter frame.

"One did. What's your excuse?"

"I invented rainbows. They bow before me,"

"Ohh please, sugarplum,"

"I'm serious, sweetie,"

Wait... Did we just..?! Ohh, god...

Luckily for you, your cheeks are smothered in paint so your blush will either blend in or be hidden. It's about 8pm so the sun is slowly setting, almost fully gone. A cold shiver is sent down your spine at the autumn's freezing air, causing you to clutch your elbows in an attempt to keep warm.

And then, warmth surrounds you.

Looking up, you look at the boy whose appearance hasn't changed in the past few years... Lawliet's. His jacket is over your shoulders and his arm is slung around your waist, pulling you closer. The familiar warmth of his body makes you feel safe and comfortable.

"Thanks, Lawliet-kun,"

"No problem," He shrugs, eyes still cast forward. Silence surrounds the pair of you as leaves slowly dance through the air before gently landing on the floor.

This reminds me of...

"This reminds me of our first date," Lawliet mumbles, grip becoming slightly tighter on your waist.

A sigh escapes your lips, "Funny how time changes everything, yet repeats in other manners,"

"Isn't that what life is? A repeat but slightly different from one another?" He asks, allowing his gaze to meet yours for a change.

And that's when you flash him a small smile, "If that's what you make it,"

For a moment, he looked shocked but quickly composed himself.

The familiar building approaches that you recognise as your apartment complex. Slowing down, you say, "This is me,"

"I see... I literally live across the road," He chuckles, turning to face you. Both of you awkwardly look around for a moment before you open your mouth to talk, only to be stopped by a familiar voice calling out your name.

"Hey baby," A pair of lips press against yours.

As they pull away, you smile, "Hey Light-kun,"

"What... Happened?" He questions, taking in your paint-covered attire.

You laugh, pointing at Lawliet, "It's his fault!"

"Was not!"

"Was too!"

"Nuh-huh!"

"Uh-huh!"

"Uhh... Alright then. How did it go?" Light smiles at you.

A grin spreads on your lips, "It's amazing, right Ryu-kun?"

"Yeah! You should see it, Light-kun. It's amazing,"

"Maybe on Monday, I wanna spend all of tomorrow with the woman I love," And with that, you're swept off of your feet. Literally. "Goodnight, Ryuzaki-kun,"

"Goodnight," Said boy mumbles back.

Waving at him, you grin, "See you later, Ryu-kun!" So Light carries you off and away, into the apartment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76 0 13
A series of Death Note oneshots I made when I was bored and couldn't get the thoughts out of my head, so I put them down on a digital copy of paper. ...
604K 21.1K 81
Y/n didn't expect her life to take a turn for the weird. She along with her best friend Light Yagami join L on the Kira case. Y/n was smart and a gre...
16.8K 857 17
→ reader x yandere? various Years ago you found a note book that granted you the power over life and death. Since then, you've been bored. Your exci...
658K 24.1K 100
Winner of DeathNoteAwards Golden Apple section, Highest Ranking: #1 in Deathnote [COMPLETED] ACTION PACKED in the later chapters --- (Y/N) Lives in t...