Where Do I Belong (a Liam Pay...

By Hattie_and_Ellie

[COMPLETED] "I've been looking for the answer to this question for so long now, but I can't find it. I mean... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen, Part One
Chapter Fifteen, Part Two
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen, Part One
Chapter Eighteen, Part Two
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Author's Messages

Chapter Sixteen

42.8K 772 132
By Hattie_and_Ellie

Sorry about the wait, but as a little apology present, we've made this chapter a little longer than the last one. :)

Enjoy ~H&E xx

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Liam’s P.O.V~

I had made my way down to where Olivia was sat and looking, quite nervously, out of the plane window on her left.

“Hey.” I said breathlessly as I sat in the seat next to her. She turned at the sound of my voice and that previous tension that I had seen on her face before I had sat down, was now gone.

She looked at me with love in her hazel eyes, her thick eyelashes batting gracefully. Her plump lips turned up into a shy smirk, and I tried so hard to hold back the temptation that I had to just crash my lips onto hers.

“Hi Liam.” Her voice was so gentle and I felt a shiver run down my spine. “So, Louis has already stolen my best friend.” She giggled as she continued to look me in the eyes. I began to chuckle, shaking my head when I thought about Louis’ swift capture of Maria.

“Don’t worry, he’ll hand her back eventually.”

“He definitely will. Soon, he’s bound to get creeped out by the way that Maria knows everything about him, and the rest of you. That’s what directioners are like, right?” Oh yeah, I had completely forgotten that Maria was a fan. Whereas Olivia here was, well, she barely knew who we were. I think that was something that kind of drew me to her in the first place. But a lot of things had attracted me to her. The way she wanted to make others happy, her friendliness, her humour, her innocence, her smile, and definitely, her beauty. But because she knew very little about us, it meant that she wasn’t with me for the fame or the fortune.

The plane shook a little, probably a little turbulence. Although I barely even noticed it, Olivia looked very anxious.

“Hey, are you alright?” I put my hand on hers and felt it trembling slightly within my grasp. She was chewing her bottom lip just a little and she had her brow furrowed. God, that lip chewing was so hot- what the heck Liam?! She’s bothered by something and you’re getting all roused? My conscious screamed at me and got me to snap out of that last train of thought.

“Olive, what’s wrong?” I got her to look at me and saw the unease in her eyes.

“Aha, um. It’s nothing. I’m just- just a nervous flyer. That’s all.” I could see her trying to act brave and laugh it off, but the tension was still clear in her words.

“Come here.” I put my arm around her and pulled her to me so that her head was leaning on my shoulder. “You’ll be fine.” I whispered to her as I felt her slight trembling slow to a stop.

“Liam?” I heard her say almost inaudibly.

“Yeah?” I waited for a response, but it didn’t come. As I looked down at her, she had her eyes closed and a small smile was showing on her face.

After we sat like this for a few minutes, I felt her head move around on my shoulder. She nestled closer into me, and I soon felt her lips at my neck. The skin that her lips were placed on began to tingle and heat up. I wanted to look at her and see whether she had woken up, but if she was asleep, I should let her rest.

I kept control over myself and attempted to fall asleep, but with Olivia’s breath hot on my neck, it was very hard to do so.

“Liam-,” she mumbled again. Was she talking in her sleep? I didn’t want to say anything back in case she was still asleep. So I just smiled and let her be. But then three words delicately escaped her lips.

“I love you.”

Had I just heard her say that? I felt a mass of butterflies fill my stomach as I heard what Olivia had just said as she slept. But when I turned to look down at her, those two hazel gems were already open and looking back up at me. She’d been awake? Olivia had just said that she loved me?

A rush of heat washed through me and a tingling sensation had formed in my stomach. Without even thinking twice, my hands were up on either side of Olivia’s face, and soon enough, my lips crashed down on hers.

I felt her kiss back and she began to pull me closer to her as her arms snaked up and around my neck. I love you. Olivia’s last words spun round in my head as I felt her hot breath in my mouth and her soft lips on mine. She had the exact same feelings for me that I had for her, yet she’d been brave enough to declare her love for me first.

Slowly, I pulled my lips from hers and for a few moments, we sat opposite each other. Olivia’s arms still around my neck, and my forehead pressed onto hers. Once we had both gotten our breath back, I looked back at her.

“You don’t know how much I wanted to be the first one to say that.” I gazed right into her eyes and felt the tingling return. But I had to hold on just a little longer, I had to control myself enough to say it back.

“Olivia-, I love you too.” She beamed up at me and when I thought I’d be the one to lose that self-control first, Olivia was already pulling me back down to her, and our lips met for a second time.

Eventually, we both reluctantly pulled ourselves out of the embrace and settled back into our seats. Olivia placed her head on my shoulder, and I rested my head on hers. I heard her breathing slow and knew that she must have finally fallen asleep. Then, within just a few minutes, my own eyes grew heavy and with the rhythm of Olivia’s breathing, I soon found myself drifting off to sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A small hard object hit the side of my face and caused me to sit straight up in my seat. Olivia lifted herself upright and looked around seeming a little dazed. I didn’t actually know what had woken me up and whether something had actually hit me. As soon as I went to rub my forehead where I had felt the prick of pain, something else hit me right on my cheek.

“Ow.” I picked up the little item being used as a weapon and found that it was a skittle. Someone was throwing skittles around? As soon as that thought popped into my head, I knew where it was coming from.

I looked up from my seat and saw Louis looking back over his with a little grin. So, Louis had decided to wake me up by throwing sweets at me. Haha, typical.

I was about to get up from my seat and go on over to give him a piece of my mind when I heard a little bell sound in the cabin. The seatbelt sign lit up, so I sat back down and buckled myself in.

“Are we landing?” Olivia asked timidly as she searched for my hand and tangled our fingers together.

“Seems like it.” I saw her take a little breath as she leaned back in her seat and avoided looking out of the window, where the ground below was getting ever closer.

She was still pretty nervous so I made my hand grip hers tighter. Reassuring her that everything would be fine.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Olivia’s P.O.V~

“Great, would you look at that?!” I said to the rest of the guys and Maria when we were about to head out of the airport. “First day back in England and it’s peeing it down.” It was pretty disappointing to be honest. Why did it have to go and rain?

“Aha, well that’s England for you.” Niall chuckled as he and the rest of the boys put their Ray Bans over their eyes.

“Well, this is my first day in England ever, and it’s not welcomed me at all!” Maria tried to sound upset with the turnout of the weather, but I could hear the excitement in her voice and a wide grin surfaced onto her face. She was definitely looking forward to her stay here, even if it was only for a week, and even if the forecast was pretty rubbish.

But before making any decisions about our next move, and even with all of the Ray Bans and hoodies, a mass of flashing began to shower over us and surround us.

Liam quickly found my hand and held me close.

"Crap, I should have expected this." Liam mumbled into my ear.

"Who are they?" I think I already knew but I just wanted to be sure.

"Paparazzi,” was his final answer before the interviewers fired questions at the boys.

"So boys, you are back from Italy?"

"Did you enjoy the peace or miss the fans?"

"When will you all be starting work again?"

"News on upcoming any singles?"

"So what were the Italian fans like out there?"

"Meet any interesting people during your stay?" with that question, I felt Liam squeezing my hand as he led me out of the crowd with the others trailing behind. I saw him grab his phone from out of his pocket and put it to his ear.

"Is the car here? Ok. Yeah the paps are already here. Sure, thanks. Bye." He put the phone away and led us out into the rain, and pretty hurriedly, away from the cameras and microphones.

We all piled into the taxi that was already waiting for them.

"Oi, come on Harry!" Liam yelled back outside at Harry who was casually posing for the cameras. He waved back at the interviewers before jogging over to the car with his bags.

Even though we’d barely been in the wind and rain for no more than a couple of minutes, we were all absolutely drenched. My hair was a mess; well everyone’s hair had gone pretty wild, all of it sticking to our faces from the rain. Zayn had a torn expression as he tried to fix it when we all clambered into the taxi.

"Oh shit! I bet they got photos of me with my hair like this." He mumbled to himself.

Louis went to shake his hair out like a wet dog, and ended up flicking all the water over onto me and Maria, causing us to both squeal in disapproval.

I heard Liam giving an address to the driver over the commotion in the rest of the car, with all of us complaining, laughing, and squealing.

“Hey, do you want the address to my apartment too?” I went to ask Liam, hoping that we could be dropped off either on the way, or after the boys got dropped off.

“No. You’re coming back with us for now. I mean we’re all soaked so you two should stay with us until you dry up a little.” Liam replied quickly with a little side smirk that sent a tingle down my spine.

I nodded at him then tried hopelessly to get comfortable in the seat. But with my wet clothes sticking to me, it was pretty impossible.

After a few minutes in the taxi, we pulled over and I expected us all to start getting out.

“See you later Lou!” I heard Niall say.

“Say hi to Eleanor for us.” Liam smiled.

“Hpmh, I’m gonna have words with that lady of yours, taking you away from me.” Harry mumbled but then ended his comment with a little grin.

“Where’s he going?” I questioned, not really aiming it at anyone, but just hoping for an answer.

“Lou is staying with Eleanor-.” Immediately, Maria cut Liam off.

“Eleanor Calder?!” She beamed at Louis, and the rest of the boys began to laugh. “That’s Lou’s girlfriend if you didn’t know.” She smiled back at me, showing off her One Direction knowledge.

“Haha, ok Maria.” I said rolling my eyes at her.

“Will we get to meet her?” Maria went to say excitedly.

“Sure! She’ll love you and Olivia. Hopefully we can meet up later today, or if not, tomorrow?” Louis looked from Maria, then to me with a grin.

“Cool!” Maria squealed out loudly, causing Louis to cover his ears with his hands, as the rest of the boys laughed.

“Well, see you all later.” Louis waved goodbye after he pulled his bags from the car and headed on over to the apartment block.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After about twenty more minutes, the taxi pulled up in front of a decent sized apartment complex.

“We’re here!” Harry yelled loudly with a grin as the taxi parked up and the driver got out giving us a hand with our bags.

All at once, everyone attempted to squeeze out of the car door, but no one got far with that. Eventually, we figured that out and then one at a time, we clambered out.

“Here, let me give you a hand.” Liam smiled down at me as he grabbed my guitar case and slung the strap over his shoulder so that the case rested on his back.

“Thanks.” I replied timidly, feeling myself blush a little under Liam’s gaze.

We all followed Harry as he led the way into the apartment building and made his way to the room. Maria was practically jumping up and down as she pulled her suitcase along behind her, so completely thrilled that she’d be in One Direction’s actual London apartment.

“Home sweet home.” Zayn cheered as we headed on in. Niall just dumped his bags down and went straight for the fridge; all of us chuckled at him.

“Right I’m off for a shower!” Zayn vanished into what must have been his bedroom and Harry headed off to another room dragging his bags behind him.

“Make yourselves at home girls!” He yelled back turning to smile at me and Maria, before disappearing into his own room.

“I definitely will!” I heard Maria giggle behind me as I watched her run over to the kitchen where Niall was already making a sandwich.

“Well, I guess she’s already settled in then.” Liam chuckled at my comment before taking my hand and pulling me towards another room down the hall.

It was a bedroom, and most likely his. The décor was perfect. Cream washed walls, cute but modern brown wardrobes, drawers and desks. The king-sized bed in the middle, dark blue sheets and blankets, and it was covered in a mountain of cream, blue and brown pillows. I honestly just wanted to dive straight onto it all. Suddenly, Liam’s concerned voice broke the silence.

“You’re shivering.” I hadn’t noticed, but now that Liam mentioned it, I was definitely feeling pretty cold. “Wait here.”

He pulled me over to the bed and let me sit down on the end of it as he went over to one of the drawers. Moments later he came back with a few items of clothing.

“Here, you can put these on.” He handed me a black cotton shirt and some grey sweatpants.

“Liam, I could have just grabbed something from my own bags.”

“But that means you’d have to unpack. Please put them on. I don’t want you getting a cold.” His hand went to my cheek, and with the contact our skin made, my fight immediately washed over me and I listened to him.

“Fine.” I finally said. He smiled down at me, still sat on the bed, and then left the room, closing the door behind him.

I stripped out of the wet clothes, apart from my underwear, and left them in a pile at the foot of the bed. Ok, so Liam wasn’t exactly that much bigger than me in height or in width, but somehow, this shirt was huge on me; it pretty much reached my knees. I didn’t need trousers to go with it at all to be honest. I pulled on the sweatpants before hearing a light knock on the door.

“Yeah, I’m done.” I said, feeling a bit like an idiot when I saw just how oversized everything was on me in the reflection of Liam’s wall mirror.

The door opened and Liam walked in, a grin forming on his face as I watched his eyes scan over me.

“I know. I look like an idiot. Don’t laugh.” I felt a little embarrassed and could feel my cheeks heating up a little under Liam’s gaze. He chuckled and shook his head. Soon, he walked over towards me and placed his hands on my hips.

“No you don’t look like an idiot. In fact-,” he took another look over me, then gazed back into my eyes with his own brown ones, “-you look pretty cute.”

I let out a nervous giggle and could feel myself melting and wobbling at the feel of his breath on my face and his hands gripping my sides, tight but gentle at the same time. I didn’t want to seem so easily weakened in front of him so I attempted to argue with him. Was that a bad move?

“Oh stop trying to make me feel better.” I let out a little cocky laugh and tried to sound as challenging as I could. But I could tell that I was going to lose this battle.

“I’m not trying to make you feel better.” He gripped me tighter as he spoke and his gaze grew more intense. “But I know what would.” Liam’s head went to the curve of my neck and I soon felt his lips pressed on my skin.

Involuntarily, I let out a small moan as my skin began to tingle and my stomach filled with butterflies. I felt him smile against the skin on my neck and soon, he lowered me to the bed. Adrenaline began to course through me as I wound my arms around Liam’s neck and pulled him closer to me. Liam let his lips remain a little longer on my neck, before he slowly trailed them along my jawline, and then finally onto my lips.

His lips pressed down hard on to mine and I soon felt his breath, hot in my mouth. I found myself shivering when I felt Liam’s body lean on mine. His clothes were still a little damp from the rain, and with his body against mine, I could feel the chill coming through my t-shirt.

Our legs tangled together and my hands were in his hair, pulling him down further onto me. For a moment, we pulled apart to breath.

“Olivia.” Liam breathlessly said my name before crashing his lips back onto mine, sending several shivers down my spine. One hand left my waist and I felt it slowly creep under the shirt Liam had given me to wear. I let his hand trace my stomach before letting it make its way even further up my body. I smiled against our kiss as he slowly circled my skin with his finger, gently tracing it over me. But I felt this urge, the urge to feel more of this, to have more of him.

Our kiss grew more passionate and I could sense that Liam had the same desire. His other hand made its way to the bottom of my shirt and I felt it riding up. I could feel my lips swelling from the pressure of the kiss, but I didn’t want it to stop. My own hands left Liam’s hair as I went to find the buttons on his shirt. With just a moment to breath, I quickly spotted the buttons and began to unbutton them. His lips were back on mine and after only unfastening one button, the door swung open.

“Whoa!” Liam and I immediately pulled apart from the kiss and sat up to face Harry’s assessing grin. We both remained a little flustered and out of breath, so neither of us responded to Harry’s interruption.

“Um, well. I was just gonna suggest that the girls stay the night seeing as it was getting pretty late, but-,” he waggled his eyebrows at Liam with a side smirk, “I guess you already had a similar idea in mind.”

I felt my face burning up in utter embarrassment at the way Harry had just walked in on us in that pretty intense, um, embrace. Liam let out a little nervous laugh but Harry just responded with his usual cheeky humour.

“Well. Don’t let me get in the way! Oh, and remember kids, use protection.” He grinned at us both and then walked back out, closing the door behind him.

Wait, had he just said that? Use protection. Oh god, the moment was definitely ruined now. Liam let out a little sigh and I felt his hand on mine.

“Guess I should invest in a lock for my door huh?” He smiled at me, and I just giggled back.

“Hmm, I think so.”

“Aha, well. I guess we should sort out sleeping arrangements if you’re staying over.” He gave me a small grin before getting up from the bed to stretch.

“You and Maria can have my room. I’ll go share with one of the boys.” He thoughtfully nodded but then added something, “Well, I would have shared this room with you, but it wouldn’t be fair on Maria, making her sleep on either the couch or in one of the boys’ rooms so…”

“No that’s fine, I understand. Thanks.” I smiled at him shyly and hoped that he would acknowledge my gratefulness for thinking about Maria.

He gave me a little grin before offering me his hand and then leading me back out of the room.

Maria was sat on the couch next to Niall, both of them commenting to each other with full mouths on how good the sandwiches tasted.

"Hey Maria, you're sharing my room with Olivia." Liam smiled at her and nodded his head in the direction of his room.

"Cool!" She'd finished her food and jumped up from the couch. I watched as she ran to her suitcase and rolled it down the hall to Liam's room.

"What's she doing?" Liam whispered to me with a small smile.

"Er, oh no. I think she's unpacking." It seemed Maria had forgotten that we were actually meant to be staying at my apartment, not here.

"I better go make sure she doesn't make herself too comfortable." I gave Liam a peck on the cheek before untangling our fingers and heading back over to his room.

I slowly opened the door to find Maria dressed in her pyjamas but her suitcase had been completely emptied on the floor.

"Maria?!"

"Oh, ciao Livvy!" she gleamed back at me, obviously not having a care in the world about the mess she'd made in Liam's room.

"Aha, um Maria, you do know that we are going back to my place tomorrow. So, you better tidy this up." I gestured to the mountain of clothes, shoes and outfits that she'd emptied out onto the floor.

"Oh yeah! Ah sorry, hang on." she scooped everything up in her hands before dumping it all messily back into her bags again.

"Done." she said, dusting her hands off. I just laughed at her and went to join her sitting on the bedroom floor.

"God, I still can't believe you were able to get tickets to stay here for the week!" I threw my hands into the air and knew that I was smiling like an idiot. She returned the smile before going on to say:

"Yeah, and I still can't believe that I've ended up in One Direction's apartment!" Her grin was wider than my own and the excitement was still fresh in her squealing voice.

"What did Giovanni think of this whole thing?" I mean I was quite curious to see what her boyfriend thought of Maria heading out to England with five incredibly attractive boys who she was pretty obsessed with.

"Aw, he actually encouraged me to go, oh I love him. He knows I won't run off with one of them or anything either. We trust each other so much. You know, I don't think anyone can really be happy in a relationship without trust. Well, that's how Giovanni and I have seen it." I smiled and nodded at Maria's wise words. She and Giovanni had been in a relationship for nearly three years, so she definitely knew what she was talking about.

Just then, there was a light knock on the door and we both turned to see Liam poking his head into the room.

"So um, do you girls wanna join us for a movie?" He gave us a sweet smile and I knew that I definitely couldn't say no.

Maria and I followed Liam back into the living room. Harry was already sat waiting, and to be honest, he looked pretty lonely without Louis to cuddle with. Niall and Zayn had the sofa and there was enough space for just one more person. Maria immediately skipped over and plopped in the middle of them both. She was so carefree. In some ways she reminded me of Louis. You know, from the way she acted younger than her age. I mean come on, she was twenty two, and fit in perfectly with everyone here.

I scanned the room and found that the only space remaining was a single sofa chair.

But before I had even begun to walk towards it, Liam casually hopped on instead. He looked back up at me with a faint smirk, but a very inviting expression.

I heard the others in the room sniggering and Maria giggling when they saw what situation I had been left in. But I guess I had no other options, did I?

I made my way over to the seat where Liam sat comfortably, always keeping eye contact with me. I watched as his smirk turned in to a full grin.

"Come to join me?" Liam chuckled as he watched me shrug at his question.

I attempted to sit next to him, but there was seriously no room at all. Instead, I ended up finding myself sitting on Liam's lap. I was all curled up and let my head rest on his chest. To be honest, this would probably be the most comfortable I have ever been when watching a movie.

"Right, so we chose to watch a bit of um, Toy Story, if that's ok?" Liam sounded a little embarrassed but excited at the same time.

"We didn't choose! It was your decision!" Harry laughed out loud at Liam.

"Shh, whatever Haz. Just shut up and watch the movie." Liam quickly disregarded him and pressed the play button on the TV remote.

We hadn't even got half way through the film but I was already feeling pretty sleepy. Truthfully, I loved Toy Story. But somehow, I was finding it hard to keep my eyes open, and with Liam stroking his hand through my hair, it was quite a challenge.

Eventually, I gave up and let my eye lids shut whilst I nestled my head into the curve of Liam's neck.

~Liam's P.O.V~

I felt Olivia's head rest under my chin and against my neck, and I knew that she was feeling tired. With her here, just sat with me in my arms, I seriously felt like the luckiest guy on the planet.

I had this perfect person here with me. She was beautiful, awake, or asleep like this. The fact that she seemed so comfortable in my arms, just made me feel so warm inside. I truly did love her.

For most of the length of the film, I found that I had just been watching Olivia sleeping and listening to her soft breathing and random mumbling in her sleep. The others had pretty much drifted off too. Maria had said goodnight and quietly gone back to my room whilst Niall and Zayn remained flat out on the couch. Harry had somehow slid onto the floor and was laid out with his mouth hanging open slightly.

I wanted to stay all night like this. With her breath warming my neck and I could honestly imagine myself dreaming the best of dreams. But that wouldn't be fair on her; she needed a proper bed to sleep in. So carefully, I picked her up and began to carry her towards my room. She was so light and as I watched her dream, she seemed so delicate and peaceful. She murmured slightly and I felt her loop her arms around my neck as I continued to carry her.

"Time to let go love." I gently unwrapped her arms from around my neck, and lowered her onto the bed next to an already sleeping Maria.

"Goodnight Olive. I love you." I whispered quietly to her before tucking her in and kissing her lightly on the cheek.

She mumbled again and I just chuckled softly at how cute she looked. Then finally, I made my way out of the room as I quietly closed the door, leaving them to sleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, all we can say is THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT!!! We just love reading your comments and knowing that quite a lot of you are loving this fanfic as much as we love writing it! So thanks again, and please keep up the support.

Sooo, did you enjoy the chapter? Like how we have Eleanour in the story?? Aw and how sweet is Liam, tucking Olivia up into bed like that?

Any guesses on what's to come? Well, you'll just have to wait and see :)

Oh and just a quick note, obviously we didn't update as soon as we normally do and that's cos we're both getting back into the school year and things are getting busy. We hope to let you know when we can update, but it might be that we can only update on the weekends. Hopefully though, we will try and update more than once a week, and if that happens, we will let you know.

Thanks guys and we love you all!

Hattie & Ellie <3 xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 138 40
Kelsey Maxwell lost her mother at a young age in a house fire; she has no siblings to turn to and the only friends she has are guys, but they always...
190K 4.2K 90
[this is the story of how i learned to live. but don't worry! it's kind of a fun one.] - ❝No, Niall, you don't get it! Our mom left me at a fire stat...
450K 17.8K 52
[NOT EDITED.] !!!DISCLAIMER: I wrote this when I was young and didn't fully grasp the concept of writing. The books get progressively better as time...
34.7M 313K 73
******READ A BIT OF MY LATEST CHAPTER TO SEE HOW MUCH MY WRITING HAS IMPROVED LIKE HONEST ITS SO CRINGEY I CANT****** Falling in love with your best...