The Undercover Popstar

By Jasmienx

Mia Williams is a worldwide pop sensation with two albums and fans who adore her. Music will always be her pa... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Epilogue
Authors note
Authors note pt. 2
Bonus Chapter

Chapter 28

12.5K 292 17
By Jasmienx

"Thanks again for flying me to California Arthur." I say as I walk down the steps of the private jet.

"You don't have to thank me, it is my job after all." Arthur replies. "Besides, I got tired of working for the Kardashians anyways. Especially now after the whole fiasco with Khloe and Kylie's best friend. If I didn't leave, then I would have to fly every single Kardashian and Jenner to California. I wouldn't be ready to see a fight go down, or maybe I am?"

"Oh yea, I think I saw some posts on Instagram about that." I chuckle as I watch Roger pull up in front of the jet.

"By the way, how come you were in Virginia? I don't want to intrude but I thought you were still in Australia." He asks as Roger gets out of the car.

"Oh I was just visiting some family, especially since I am going on tour in a few weeks."

"That's nice of you, anyways I will see you later Mia." He says as he makes his way back on the jet.

Roger opens the car door so I can get in the backseat. I thank him as I get into the car. I turn on my phone to check to see if I got any text messages. Only a few from my dad saying to have a safe flight as well as some from my grandma saying to "kick my mother's behind for her." I already told Emily that I was just visiting my mom in California, so she just texted me saying that she is sitting in the library during lunch.

"So how is everything in Virginia?" Roger says as he begins to drive us to Matthew's house.

"Everything has been the same, the only difference is Ace."

"Trouble in paradise?" Roger says as he glances in the rear view mirror to make eye contact with me.

"He has been gone for four months with his football team. He has been meeting with different coaches as well as training with the NFL. So we haven't been talking as frequently as I would like us to be." I said as I look out the window.

"I never liked that Andrew kid anyways."

My attention snaps back to Roger, "What do you mean you never liked Ace? We are still together and I do still like him, it's just he doesn't have much time to talk to me."

"Oh, well scratch what I said then. I love that boy, he is a great guy!" He says as we stop at a red light.

"Roger, you haven't even met him yet."

"I should meet that boy then, I am basically the Uncle you never had."

Roger isn't wrong, since both of my parents are the only child, I don't have any aunts or uncles. Roger has known me ever since I first moved to California, so he such an important person in my life.

"Yea you should, definitely after I tell Ace that I am Mia then you guys can meet."

"I forgot you haven't told Ace yet." He chuckles as he pulls up in front of Matthew's house and buzzes the front gate. "Just rip it like a bandaid Mia, send him a quick text message."

"I want to do it in person, that would be insensitive if I told him through text don't you think?" I ask as I watch the front gates open up.

We drive up the driveway and park behind my mom's car. "I guess you are right. Anyways, are you excited to see your fake boyfriend again." He says as he gets out of the car to open my door.

"Thank you, and I am very not excited. You know this was all my mom's idea right?"

"Mia please, of course I know this was all her idea. Now don't worry, I am gonna be with you for this whole week." He assures me as we walk to the front door.

"You're driving us around this whole week aren't you?" I ask as he pushes the doorbell.

"Obviously, I need to pay the bills somehow."

"Roger, I pay you even when you don't drive me around." I tell him as I hear voices on the other side of the door.

"You are one of a kind my dearest Mia." He says as the door swings open and an excited Birth-giver instantly flashes a fake smile, pulling me in for a hug.

"Oh look, my baby has finally made it. Mia, I am sure you remember Edna, Matthew's mother." My mom says as Matthew's mother walks out of the kitchen to greet us.

"Of course, it is lovely to see you again Mrs. Miller." I    was about to give her a hug, when she stops me.

"Actually, it is about to be Mrs. Gomez. Zachary and I got a divorce months ago." She tells me as she reaches for my hand and gives it a firm shake.

"Oh, uhm-"

"MATTHEW GET DOWN HERE!" She screams as I hear footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Hello Mia, it is so nice to see you again." Matthew says as he pulls me in for a hug.

I turn my head to look at Roger but he only shrugs. "Uh, it is good to see you too?"

"So you and Matthew are going to go out for the whole day this whole week to get the public's attention," Matthew's mom explains.

"Where are we even going to go? We are going to get mobbed by fans and paparazzi!" Matthew says as he crosses his arms.

"That's the point." His mom says as she looks at her son, giving him an 'are you stupid?' look.

"Oh don't worry Edna, Mia is going to do great!" My mom says.

"She better be, my son's career is on the line. One screw up and it's all her fault." Edna sternly says.

I tried not to roll my eyes as I hear Roger silently laugh behind me. "Can we just get this over with?" I impatiently say.

"Fine by me." Matthew responds as he shoves his hands in his pockets.

"Why don't you guys start by getting some lunch. Then after, just go shopping or whatever gets more exposure." His mom tells us.

We both agreed and headed out the door ignoring what the two moms had to say while we left. We walk towards the car as Matthew opens the backseat door for me instead of Roger. Roger smiles at me and gets in the drivers seat.

"Thanks." I simply say as I get in the car.

I watch as Matthew closes the door and walks around the car to get in the backseat right next to me. "So, where do you want to eat at?" Matthew asks.

"Maybe some Italian food? I have been craving pizza for the past few days."

"Pizza it is, I know the perfect place." He says as he shows the address to Roger.

"Oh I love this place! I don't know about you but I am so excited to be a third wheel today." Roger says as he begins to drive to the restaurant.

"I'm not, I don't even want to be here." I say as I cross my arms.

"You and me both." Matthew says.

"What? You don't want to be the center of attention? That's a first."

He sighs next to me and rubs his face out of frustration. "You know I just act like that for my image right? I am really not that egotistical as you think."

"Aren't you the same Matthew who told me that I am not good enough to be in the same room as you. Or even better, the same Matthew who threatened to call my management to file a complaint on me not liking you were in. How about the same Matthew who-"

"Okay! I get it, I acted like a jerk in the past. In my head I just thought you were another one of those 'fake LA girls' who just want to date me for the attention. Obviously after the first time we dated I knew that wasn't the case. Also call me Matt instead of Matthew, it reminds me off my mother."

I chuckle at his last remark, "Okay. Not to be mean but, your mom seems like a bitch."

Roger and Matt start laughing at my response. "I'm not even going to argue with you there. I'm eighteen already and she still treats me like a puppet. I already bought a condo to move into but my mom forced me to sell it because she wants to make sure i don't do things to 'ruin my reputation.' Like what kind of mother is she."

"Sounds like Mia's mom." Roger simply says as he parks in front of a small Italian restaurant.

"It's so weird because I feel like we have a lot of things in common. Like, we both have to maintain our images, we both have crazy mothers. That's all I got cause I barely know you if I am completely honest." I say as Roger opens the car door for me.

"Why don't we take this time to get to know each other. As friends of course because I don't really know you that much as well." Matt says as he gets out of the car.

"Let's do it."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 169 36
Liz knows loneliness all too well. Haunted by the shadow of her brother's tragic death and engulfed in the ocean of her parents' grief and guilt, Liz...
142K 8.1K 26
Meet Park Sparrow, a feisty and reckless outcast who's just a small-town girl, living in a lonely world. Except Park is the Princess of Cimeria, a po...
215K 9K 50
|ongoing| Ivana grew up alone. She was alone since the day she was born and she was sure she would also die alone. Without anyone by her side she str...
7.5M 145K 73
PUBLISHED ON AMAZON.COM Avalon has spent her entire life on her family's Cattle Station in Northern Queensland. In her eyes there is nothing sweeter...