The Hound's Moon

By yuutao

"Let me live in peace! I despise the wars... especially with what they did to my past." Not only was Yuuki Sa... More

Prologue
Anamnesis & Anemone
Questionable Church
Overpass Exchange
Liquid Rose
Flustered Lilac
Longing Pendant
Worrisome Presence
Scorching Heat
Compassionate Pup
Connected Warmth
Disputes & Scars
Bewitching Lacerations
Agonizing Remedial
Devotional Sustenance
Bitter Disturbance
Slight Annoyance
Mending Bonds
Unsought Yet Unexpected
Perplexed Strain
Shadowy Forthcoming
Unfolding Affiliations
Distressing Uneasiness
Temporary Cooperation
Gaudy King
Confrontations & Decisions
Tactical Brawl
Unraveling Truths
Intertwining Fates
Bitter Karma
Epilogue

Unusual Nostalgia

1.7K 52 34
By yuutao

--Chapter 3--
Unusual Nostalgia

It was late at night—most likely around midnight. The moon illuminated the night sky with crystal clear lights. On top of a distant apartment building was a female with magenta colored hair. She stood at the very top with a summoning circle beneath her. She muttered a string of unknown incantations from a certain language before a blast of wind and smoke surrounded her.

"I see that a lovely lady is my Master, hn?" A husky voice sounded through the smoke. A male with blue hair, ragtail-like ponytail fell on his shoulders. He wore a matching color skin-tight jumpsuit with metal platings on his shoulders and toward his lower extremities. His arms fell onto his red spear that was on top of his shoulders.

The lady glanced at the male, her arms folded. "Yes, I am your Master. My name is Bazett Fraga McRemitz. You must be..."

"Lancer, at your service... my lady." He smirked, glancing at the figure that would be his master. Knowing that the person who summoned him was a female made it much more tolerable. Either way, he answered to her call just because he wanted to fight once more. "Name's Cú Chulainn."

Bazett felt elated, knowing that she was gotten the servant she wanted to summon. As the magenta-haired female began speaking about her plans for the holy grail war, something piqued the Celtic's interest. It wasn't the fact that his master had a full-fledged bode, but rather a nostalgic feeling that was 5 kilometers northwest of them. "Hey Master, sorry to interrupt you and your plans but something feels off. I'm gonna go check it out."

The female questioned the male. "Let me join you, Lancer." The servant smirked, leaning backward on the edge of the open area wall. "It's fine, nothing too important for the war. I'll be back within minutes." The female hesitated before nodding and complying to her servant's request.

'What is this feeling that's stirring within me.' The blue-haired male jumped from building to building before reaching within a few meters from the apartment that had the concentrated magic. He stood at the top of the building, staring down at the one window with lights on. 'It's coming from there... But it seems like there's a small stream of leaking magic from a corner. Tsk tsk, how carefree.'

The lancer jumped toward the window, slowly opening it before entering the place. 'Now where's this unusual feeling coming from.' The male glanced around the place, with his spear in his left hand. 

Nothing out of the unusual... except for some unique Celtic runes in the corner of the place. 'Oh? Someone else knows the primeval runes besides me and my mentor? How interesting.' He held his spear tightly as his fighting spirit began to rise. He checked the area... to see a rather small female curled up on the couch asleep. 'A careless sleeping beauty... Hnn?'

He dematerialized his spear and took a closer look at the sleeping female. Shoulder-length black hair, a rather small stature, surprisingly curvy body... What caught his utmost attention was the accessory on the left ear. 'That... cannot be it.' His eyes widened as his memories from the past summonings somewhat resurfaced. 'I saw the family disappear with my own eyes. How can this be? I gave that earring to my previous master's companion.'

He knelt down next to the couch, lightly glazing his fingertips on the female's cheeks. The girl swatted the male's hand in her sleep before returning to her slumber. He didn't expect something like this to occur. Then again, he didn't expect to come back to the time in which he originally had taken care of a child—disdainfully—when he was in his prime form. He noticed a small but bright scratch mark on her knuckles. 'Such a careless lady, as always.' He gently raised the girl's hand as his lips barely glazed her fingers.

"...mo.. ridire..." His heart melted as he heard her soft voice. 'So she still grasped onto the past huh?' The girl muttered something inaudible under her breath before she continued her sleep. '... pet... dog...' A soft giggle slipped through her lips as the male's eye twitched in annoyance. 'Yet you still remember that.'

"Is everything alright, Lancer?" The male heard his Master's voice through his mind. "Yeah, everything's fine. It was just a meaningless prank that was set up by someone a while ago..." The male responded back. He couldn't say that he found someone that he recalled. That would make things complicated. "Gonna head back. Stay tight over there."

The male inwardly sighed. 'Now's not the time to be rekindling the past. I'll talk to her when there's actual time.' He stood up, turning to head out the window before he stopped. He glanced over toward the sleeping female once more with hesitant. 'Why sleep without a cover, mo banphrionsa?'

He glanced around, entered what seemed to be her room and grabbed the blanket. He walked back toward the girl and carefully draped it over her shoulders. He looked at the activated runes that were placed around the walls. 'Interesting. Enough to handle most but with a slight mistake.' He rewrote one of the runes which strengthened the barrier. The male took a glimpse at the girl before leaving and locking the window. 'Till we meet again,' and no sooner, he dematerialized from the area.

--- --- --- --- ---

"Mnn..." The girl groggily woke up, rubbing her eyes. Her right side felt slightly sore; she wondered why until she remembered that she passed out on the couch. She sat up, stretching her arms to get rid of the knots that were within her muscles. "...How is there a cover on me? I don't recall getting the blanket from my room..."

Yuuki tried to wrap her mind around the unusuality. She's definitely aware that she doesn't sleepwalk, especially in her mid-twenties. It would be an embarrassment if someone stayed over and saw that. Then again, she hasn't really made any close friends throughout her years. She moved multiple times before finally settling in Fuyuki City. The female closed her eyes, trying to recall whatever happened the moment she got home. Nothing was out of the ordinary... except for this odd magic lingering on her face. These small strains of magic on her cheek had the same signature as the magic she first felt from the earring.

Can this be a coincidence? Was her suppression barrier not strong enough? Is that why the magic spilled out and lingered onto her face? She never heard of liquified magic occurring before. Unless... this occurrence was somehow related to her mother. But how was it possible?

'All of this doesn't make sense. I don't sense any other signatures but my own and this earring... Wait.' She moved the blanket aside, moving toward her study room, and grabbed a leather-bound book. "If I recall..." She flipped through the book before stopping at a particular page. "Berkana is used for tracking purposes. However, you will need material components to activate it." The page then explained the history behind the rune and such.

She embedded the rune symbol into her memory before obtaining a few calla lily petals from her plant shelf. She held the petals close to her heart before using it as the components. She motioned the rune symbol above the petals as they began to lit up. Soon the flower petals disappeared, a glowing white light traveled from her hand to the ground. It showed rather large footsteps from the window to the couch... to her room and back, then to the corner of the living room before returning back to the window.

Her eyes widened as she felt anxiety swell up. "S-Someone came in...?! Why didn't my detection barrier act up?!" She followed the footsteps toward the corner of the living room, seeing her rune rewritten. Soon, tracking rune light dissipated. The nervousness pooled in her stomach as she questioned all that happened. "Wait.." She took a closer look at the rune that was rewritten before checking the rest of the barrier. "This... actually increased the strength of it?"

Now she was even more confused. Why did someone come into her apartment, somehow strengthen her magic barrier, cover her with a blanket, and just... leave? All these nerve-wracking situations caused her to obtain a major headache.

"I really need a break..." She muttered under her breath tiredly as she walked toward the bathroom to get ready for her unusual day.

--- --- --- --- ---

Yuuki worked until late afternoon. The sun faded into the horizon with hues of orange and red. Clouds slowly accumulated over the late hours. As she cleaned up and left the flower shop, she glanced upwards toward the sky sighing. 'Another day with sudden peace and quiet. I'm not sure if I want to enjoy it now due to the past few days of confusion and anxiety.'

She stretched her arms before pulling out a small notepad from her handbag. 'I need to get to Miyama Town to get an item... Everything else can be bought within the distance of my apartment.' She walked toward the bridge, thinking of where that place should be. She hasn't really gone into Miyama Town that often... only a few times the past three years she lived in Shinto.

As she walked onto the bridge, she felt the cold wind breezed through her hair. Goosebumps appeared on the back of her neck. After all, it was by the river close to dusk. From the looks of it, the place that she's supposed to head toward is only a block away from the bridge. The faster she gets there, the faster she'll get back.

She began running toward the end of the bridge. The wind pushed against her hair as she moved forward. It wasn't too long to get over to the other side. Maybe living on the outskirts of town when she was younger paid off... That was until the ground suddenly creaked under her foot and caved in. Her eyes widened as she tried to bypass the hole however her momentum kept leading her down the sudden chasm. With such a surprise, she couldn't even let out an audible scream.

Everything went a blur. Her eyes scanned nearly everywhere for anyone that was close. No one was in sight. Her hands tried to grab whatever was nearby to keep herself from falling. Nothing was even close for her to grab onto.

Possibly knowing she would hit whatever was underneath and could lead to her death, she shut her eyes tight to accept her inevitable demise.

...

... ...

However, it didn't happen.

... ...

...

A strong grip held onto her left arm as she stopped midway into the fall. She looked up to see who it was but there wasn't anyone. To be exact, someone was there but concealed their presence.

"I got you, milady. Must you go into trouble every time I'm around?"

---

AN: I do hope I got Bazett right... I couldn't really find much about her so it was quite difficult to get her personality correctly... @_@" More information about Yuuki's past will be brought out soon, just be patient~ I finally got the main person to appear <3 yay~ Took him long enough >_>"

mo ridire = my knight
mo banphrionsa = my princess

Preview Picture:
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/typemoon/images/9/9d/Fsn_Lancer_in_anime.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20141116064014

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.6K 2.1K 41
The only thing she remembers is blood, not even her own name. Waking up in a strange house in a 'far-off' land, Arturia Pendragon cannot remember a...
5.3K 215 4
"I swear, the times change but conflicts never do. War, despair, fights and more war. It looks like the end of the world honestly. Hahaha, but if tom...
22K 710 18
There was once a boy who had survived a hell which destroyed everything in its wake. He was almost dead but a man had saved him and later adopted the...
2.6K 111 7
In the Prisma timeline Shirou Emiya never became a magus. Shirou never went through the fire in Fuyuki City that reforged him. He was just a normal k...