Healing, Love, and High School

Von sel_evelyn

Derek Long had everything going for him. He accomplish what he always wanted: having a girl who is perfect, g... Mehr

Healing, Love, and High School
Chapter: It took me five minutes to realize
Chapter: My first mistake
Chapter: Knowing each other
Chapter: Friends After All
Chapter: Leading to the Party
Chapter: Party time??
Chapter: Holding Hands Is a Friend Thing..Right?
Chapter: Talk
Chapter: Leslie
Chapter: I kissed her
Chapter: Kiss and Tell
Chapter: Why?
Chapter: Not me
Chapter: Finally
Chapter: Is it worth it?
Chapter: Goodbye
Chapter: Learning
Chapter: The End

Chapter: Going back

59 2 0
Von sel_evelyn

Sunday:

I ask Lu to drive Leslie and me to Jacob's chess tournament. We arrive to school and go to the gym.

Leslie is wearing a long brown loose skirt with a fitted long sleeve shirt and her typical messy bun. I see she has curves. Her shirt has a small v-neck shape on top which shows some cleavage on top. They look nice. WHOA! *MENTALLY SLAPS HIMSELF*

Don't check her out!

We finally sit on the benches and Claire arrives.

"You look cute," Leslie tells her. She is wearing a red sunny dress with flats.

"Wow, you do have color in your closet," I say.

Claire looks at me, "Shut up."

"guys!" Jacob comes in running from the back door. "Glad you made it."

"Welcome," I say.

"So, is there any food?" Claire asks.

"UUmm, yeah, the food stand is right over there," Jacob answers.

"Good luck," Leslie smiles.

Jacob excuses himself and goes to a table with a girl siting in front. The announcer tells everyone that the tournament will begin. We watch Jacob defeat two girls and a chubby guy. Claire buys us snacks as and we eat as we cheer Jacob on.

The tournament is over. Jacob gets second place. Claire hugs him along with Leslie. "You did your best," Leslie says. I pat his back, "Second place is not that bad."

He shrugs, "If I didn't fall for his evil plan."

Claire chuckles, "Oh Jacob."

"So, do you want to go celebrate?" Jacob asks us. "My mom can drive us to eat a burger or pizza."

"It's fine," Leslie says. "I gotta go home and be with my auntie."

"I go," Claire smiles, "besides I'm starving."

"I'll pass too Jacob, but how about we celebrate tomorrow at lunch?" I ask.

He smiles, "Totally."

Claire grabs his hand and they walk towards his family.

"Can you take me to work?" Leslie asks.

"Sure, Lu will be picking me up," I answer. We begin to walk to the parking lot. We sit down at a bench.

"It's nice to see you happy," Leslie says.

I look at her and her big hazel eyes are sparkling agaisnt the sun. "So I wasn't happy before?"

"Not really, but you seem more positive," she smiles.

I shrug, "Well, whatever, I feel okay."

Leslie pokes my cheek, "So how is your leg doing?"

I look down at it. "Well, okay, the same, why are you asking?"

"Lu told me that you were having trouble bending it," Leslie lightly frowns.

"I'm going to the doctor for the montly check up, it's just I haven't really done my therapy right and well I was taking pills to minimize the joint tension, but I stop."

"Why?"

"It just not worth it," I say. "I am still going to walk like this."

Leslie pokes my cheek again but this time hard. "Don't speak like that Derek."

I look at her, "Stop poking my cheek." I poke her forehead.

"Beep!" Lu appears in front of us honking. "Get in!"

Lu drives Leslie to work. "I thought you were going with your auntie," I say.

"Yes, but umm, just that I forgot something here," she says.

"I don't believe it," Lu says. "you lying."

Lu locks the doors so Leslie won't leave. "Tell us what is going on."

I am in the backseat so I go in between them. "Yeah what's going on?"

Leslie looks nervous. "Nothing, just I forgot to tell my boss something."

"Oh you said you forgot something, not tell boss something," Lu shakes her finger at Leslie.

Leslie suddenly opens the door and jogs to the building. "Hey!" I yell. I get out and fall to my face but stand quickly and try to run towards her. I get her hand and turn her around, "Why are you running?"

"I-I j-j-ust,"

Man she is super nervous and somewhat scared, why? I get her without thinking and hug her tight. She hugs my waist. "I'm poor Derek," she whispers. "I feel embarressed if you saw where I live."

"So?" I step back, "I don't care. If we are friends like you say, then we shouldn't judge each other, right?"

She nods, "Yeah. It just that I don't like for people to see where I live. I don't want them to feel sorry for me or think of me any other way."

I sigh, "Leslie, this might sound mean, but you are weird because you are weird. I won't judge you just because of where you live. I don't think that what makes you weird." Wait, that doesn't make sense...great I suck at movitivating people now.

"Thanks?" Leslie says.

"I mean like, I will know if I like someone by how they treat me, not because of where you live," I say. I take her hands into mine. "Let me drive you to your house."

"Okay," she whispers.

We soon drive to an area I haven't really visit before. The houses are decent mostly made out of wood like the old times. The color of the wood is fading in all the different colors of browns and even blues. As drive farther I see the houses getting worse. We stop in front of a beaten old wooden house. Some of the bottom of the house is breaking and the porch looks like crap. It is small but I guess enough for Leslie and her aunt.

Leslie gets out and says thank you. I wave goodbye to her and she lightly smiles. Man, Leslie is poor. Is that why maybe some girls make fun at her in school?

...

NEXT DAY:

Leslie and I walk to the office. They want to talk to her about something and she asked if I can go with her.

"Hello, someone called me and asked me if I can come," Leslie says to the secretary.

"Oh yes," she takes out a folder. "you have been selected for a voucher. It is money for school supplies and such."

Leslie looks at the papers. "Umm, can it be use for food?"

"Of course, it's a gift card, your aunt Gloria signed you up,"

"Thanks." Leslie signs the papers and the secretary gives her an envelope. "It's for 200 dollars."

We walk out but Leslie looks like if she has been shamed for something. "You okay?" I ask.

"See?" she stops in front of me, "they felt sorry for my auntie and so now they are giving us money."

"That's not a bad thing," I say. "They want to help."

"But, I can get my own money! Why are they poking around how much my auntie makes a year?" she exclaims.

"You okay Leslie?" I turn to my side and see Florence and Troy.

Leslie sighs, "Yeah."

Florence hugs her, "I'm here if you want to talk."

"Thanks," Leslie lightly smiles.

"Babe, let's go," Troy says. Florence looks at me, "Hi."

I nod. Troy takes her hand and they walk away.

The bell rings, "I see you later Derek."

..

I ask Claire and Jacob if they know about Leslie's situation.

"Yeah," they answer.

"What? I discovered that yesterday," I say. We are siting in the cafeteria.

"Yeah, like when she came in, everyone knew she didn't belong, "claire says.

"She dresses weird," Jacob says, "she is the only one who doesn't have a car in the senior level and she doesn't buy lunch here. She is different."

"We just don't know how poor she is or where she lives," Claire says, "but I don't think that matters."

I nod, "I don't care about that, but it sucks if people signal her out."

"Derek," Jacob says, "this school consists of about 90 percent white, 10 percent hispanic and the rest are a mix of Chinese, Japanese, and African American. 80 percent of students come from a middle class to high class family, while 10 percent consists of students who are a bit below the middle class line and in special programs."

"Wow," Claire says, "you really are a nerd."

"So what are you saying?" I ask.

"This is a public school, but of course, it is located in a wealthy part of the community, so only 'rich' people attend here. Though we do have speacial programs that invite anyone from the community to study here as long as the grades are good and they dont have a bad recommendation."

"So Leslie attends this school because she got into a program," I say.

"Correct," Jacob says.

"Hey," Leslie sits next to me. "What are you guys talking about?"

"Football," Claire randomly says.

"Hey, Troy is walking towards us!" Jacob squeels like a little girl.

"Leslie, Florence says if you want to eat lunch with us. We are going to the taco place," Troy says. He is so awkawrd.

"No thanks," Leslie says.

"She also says to meet her afterschool," Troy says before leaving.

"Whoa, you know Troy?" Jacob asks Leslie.

"Not really," Leslie answers.

"Derek was best friends with Troy," Claire smirks.

"Really? What happened?" Jacob asks me.

"I don't want to talk about it," I say.

"Why?" Claire asks.

"Shut up," I say.

"Whoa, tell me to shut up again and I smack that face off!"

"Shut up," I stand and walk away.

****

A year ago.

"Hey," Florence is talking to me? Oh sshit, okay stay cool Derek.

"I am having a party at my house," she smiles, "and well I would like to have the class president there. You are the cool kid now."

I nod, "Totally. I'll be there."

She leans, "I see you there." Her lips kiss mine so softly. Oh man, oh man!!

I cup her face and kiss her back but harder. My heart is going to die happily, it is beating so fast. I hear a small moan coming from her. I pull away, "You better get cute."

She blushes, "Totally."

"Oh shit!!!" Troy suddenly slaps me. "You kissed her!"

"I know!" I yell back. "She-she likes me?"

"Duh bro," Troy chuckles. "Did she invite you to her party?"

I nod, "Yeah."

"Oh you gonna get it," Troy smirks.

"What?"

"Sex man," Troy answers. "Florence likes to have company during her parties."

"Whoa, she isn't that type of girl Troy,"

"Well no, but she does like to have a good date. I don't know if she is a whore or not, but I know when a girl wants it. She has been flirting with you a lot Derek and now she kisses you."

"I really do like her," I say. "She's like the perfect girl."

"Well, show it to her," Troy says.

"But you think she wants to have sex with me?" I ask. I get him closer to me, "I only had sex once," I whisper. "I don't know if I will be good at it."

Troy chuckles, "Yes and just fake it man, fake that you know what you are doing."

.....

AT THE PARTY

I dont hold back. I kiss her everywhere I can and touch her small breasts against her black lace bra. She grinds on top of me making me.happy down there. "Take it off," she whispers. She stands and takes off her skirt leaving her in only her bra and white underwear.

I stand and take off my shirt and my jeans. She smiles at what I have and kisses me. "We are going to make love and then we are.gonna party more. Okay?"

"Love you," I say.

Whoa, I do. I love Florence since last year. I have everything now. I am part of the soccer team, my dad got promoted to vice-president at his work, and my older brother is coming back from the army. I have everything going well and more opportunities are coming in.

I lay on top of her and kiss her neck. She moans, it's the most cutest thing i have ever heard. our skin touch each other making everything feel so sensitive. I get into my position and ask if she wants to do it.

She smiles, "Ask me to be your girlfriend first."

"What?"

"Ask me to go out with you,"

"I thought we were, well like not officialy, but you been flirting with me and we kissed before and-"

She puts her finger on my lips, "I really do like you Derek. you are so cute and so popular and so sweet. Any girl would want you to be your girlfriend."

I kiss her, "Okay, well, would you want to be my girlfriend?"

"Yes," she kisses me and puts her hips high and with one push, I am making us feel great.

I am now laying naked with the girl of my dreams in my arms. "I can't believe this," she says, "I am going out with Derek Long."

"Am I that awesome?" I chuckle.

"You were awesome ever since you become class president. You drove our class to the level we are.in and now you are a star in the soccer team. I have the greatest, smart, and cutest guy in this city."

I touch her cheek, "And now I have you. I have a beautiful, fun, good girl by my side."

"That's sweet"

"Do we go downstairs?"

"Sure."

...

Troy, Billy, Fernando, and I make it to the car. I'm buzzed but these guys are super freaking drunk!

I go to the passenger seat while Billy is in the driver seat.

"come on dude, I drive," I tell him.

He shakes his head no, "I'm sober!"

"Shut up idiot!" Troy chuckles.

We drive like stupid people but it's so fun! I tell Billy to go to the highway, "We should challenge someone for a race."

"Totally," Billy nods, "this baby runs up to like 150 mph!"

"Whoa," Fernando says, "awesome."

We go to the highway at a medium pace. We see a red Mustang near us. Troy rolls down the window and yells at the driver. "Bitch! I challenge you to a race!"

The driver rolls down the window, "You guys okay?"

It's an old guy.

"Race us!" Billy yells.

"Oh man, you guys are drunk!" the driver yells.

I take the wheel and press the gas pedal. It's so freaking fast!

"Hey hey the old guy is on to us!" Troy says as he looks back. "Faster dude!"

Billy chuckles and takes the wheel. oh man this is awesome!

"Faster!" Fernando yells.

"Hey hey let me flip the guy off!" Billy tells me to take the wheel as he gets out the window. I basically have his butt on my face. I am trying to drive around the other few cars.

We are all laughing our butts off. This guy has no chance to beat us!

"Police!" Billy yells. Whoa what? No, shit, I can't get in trouble.

Billy is trying to get back in, but I need to stop the car. "Wait!" I yell.

Suddenly, the sound of glass breaking, metal bending, screams, sirens, are all I hear. I see Billy leaving the car by the window. I see the world upside down. I blank out.

...

"He's waking up," I hear my brother in the distance.What the? Man, oh shit my head, my neck, oh pain.

I open my eyes and see Stan looking down at me. "Hey, wake up silly," he smiles. I see tears running down his cheeks.

"you crying?" I ask.

"Fuck you man," he hugs me. "we thought you died."

I look around and see my parents walking towards me. They hug me too. I'm in a hospital. Then I remember everything.

"Where is everyone else?" I ask.

"It's okay," Mom says, "just relax."

I shake my head, "Where's Troy? Is he okay?"

Dad nods, "Yes, he is okay."

I sigh, "Thank god."

"Derek!" Florence comes in and hugs me tight. She kisses me. "Oh baby, I thought I lost you."

"I'm okay," I smile. "thanks for visiting me."

She smiles, "No problem."

"Florence, I think you should step out," Dad says, "we need to talk to Derek alone."

"It's fine," I say, "Florence is my girl."

Mom sighs, "Sweetie, Billy died."

"N-no," I say. "No, he can't be dead!"

"He was shot out of the window," Stan says, "he got ran over by his own car as it turned."

"Huh?" I ask. "No, no."

"Ssh," Florence pets my hair, "it's okay."

"Derek, there's something else we need to tell you," Mom whimpers. "your leg baby."

What? I look down at my leg. It is in a cast high in the air. "So, I just broke it."

Stan says no. "You-you messed it up. It got burned as well."

"I don't get it," I say.

"Your leg was almost cut off," Dad says in a serious tone. "and it got burned as well. The doctors saved it but it won't be the same. You knee got fractured in many places as well."

"He won't be able to walk?" Florence asks.

"Not like he used to," Dad answers.

"Wait, so I won't be able to play sports?" I ask.

"No," Stan asnwers.

What the hell?!! What the hell is going on!?

....

"You have been charged with negligent driving, DUI, negligent homocide, and drug possesion," Stan tells me. I am laying on my bed in my room. I killed Billy. I was so stupid.

I am so freaking stupid and now a freaking handi-cap. I won't be able to run or jump. I am going to walk like a freaking old man with a cane. I-I messed up!

"so?"I ask.

"Derek, you can go to jail for this," Stan says.

"I don't care,"

"Why?"

"Because now my life is completely changing! I can't move this stupid leg, I killed Billy and now Florence is just going to break up with me!"

Stan slaps me, "stop it! We are here to support you. We love you."

I look at him, "Whatever. Let them put me in jail."

....

***

BACK TO PRESENT

I am looking at Stan and Florence in the classroom. She is smiling and laughing at Troy's stupid jokes I suppose. It's weird how my both ex-best friend and ex-girlfriend got together. They make a better couple.

I pushed Florence away after the accident. I didn't want her to feel sorry for me or be embarrassed of me. Both pride and my love for Florene wanted her so far away from me.

School ends and I meet Leslie at the bus stop. I want to see if she is better.

"Hey," I say. I sit and put my cane next to me. "are you okay now?"

"Yeah," she shrugs, "Sorry for being like stupid."

"It's fine," I say.

"It's just that so many kids at school treat me so different, I don't you want you to treat me different. I want this to stay like it was," she says. She turns to me and gets closer by sliding towards me. Her backpack is in between us.

"I won't," I say. "So do kids make fun of you?"

"not exactly, well some girls do, but now much now since Florence told them to back off," Leslie answers, "it's just some people just feel sorry for me. I had classmates and even teachers come up to me offering food and money. But I don't need it, I have food and some money, it's just I rather spend it on imporant things not fancy clothes."

"They see you as something they think needs help," I say. "I got that a lot in the beginning. People always trying to help me when most of the time I could actually do it or learned to do it. It was just annoying."

"Totally, and well I just ugly looks from people," Leslie says, "and I can't really make friends since I can't relate to them. Claire and Jacob are the only friends I made after you and Florence."

"Well ignore them, "I say. "I am here for you."

She smiles wide, "Thanks."

I feel my heart beat in a happy dance. "How about we go out? Like a group thing?"

"I'm sorry, I need to help my auntie out this weekend," Leslie answers.

"Cool,"

The bus parks in front of us and Leslie waves goodbye as she enters it.

I go home, eat, shower, do my therapy, and lay in bed for the next day like I am use to. Though, for some reason, I feel happy for tomorrow. I look out the window and think about Leslie. She is in a worse situation than I am in but she is so positive. She is strong and doesn't allow for people to think she is weak. I wish I can be like that.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

128K 6.7K 47
High school junior Danny has suffered isolation for most of his life, never experiencing the comfort of truly loving someone and instead being consta...
1.4K 153 48
Everyone. You have to keep everyone at arms length. Never get to close because before you know it... There gone. Amelia has gone throughout her whol...
838 110 34
She was the one that went through a serious glow-up before senior year of high school. He was one of the hottest boys in the rival school. Ella had...
2K 37 1
“It’s weird how we all look forward to something we know nothing about. We trust the future holds something great, when trust is something that must...