House of Windsor

By MissDKennedy

Dayna is just a normal girl with a big like for the royal family. But what happens when she bumps into someon... More

House of Windsor
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Part 73
Part 74
Part 75
Part 76
Part 77
Part 78
Part 79
Part 80
Part 81
Part 82
Part 83
Part 84
Part 85
Part 86
Part 87
Part 88
Part 89
Part 90
Part 91
Part 92
Part 93
Part 94
Part 95
Part 96
Part 97
Part 98
Part 99
Part 100
Part 101
Part 102
Part 103
Part 104
Authors Note

Epilouge

2.2K 20 2
By MissDKennedy

Dayna went to America and settled into 888 Park Avenue, staying with her true love Jack and his family. Several days after she arrived, she transferred religion to Catholism and enrolled at Sacred Heart school on East 91st street. Unlike some girls she knew, she was passionate for her studies. She studied history and geography. And if it wasn't for Maria, she wouldn't have stuck in at languages. She could already speak French, Spanish, Italian, Maori and Dutch. Well she passed several courses, making her fluent in German, Greek and finally Swahili. Making her perfect in 8 languages!

A month after leaving the UK, it was announced that Kate was pregnant with her second child. Dayna was the first person they told. She was equally as happy and she rejoiced with the Kennedys who got the ball rolling for the celebrations in America. 

At Christmas that year, Dayna went to Sandringham with the royals and it was one of the happiest times of her life. Jack however remained in New York, celebrating Christmas at Martha's Vineyard, just off the coast of the Kennedy's Hyannis Port home. 

When Dayna left Vassar College in May 2021, Jack took Dayna on a romantic holiday to the Solomon Islands. While they were there, they visited Kennedy Island, formerly Plum Pudding Island. It was where JFK and his crew hid after the PT 109 disaster. It was there that Jack proposed to his true love. Dayna immediately accepted. 

Two days before the public wedding, they secretly married in 888 Park Avenue in Dayna's closet, which only close family in presence. At that wedding Dayna wore a replica of Jackie Kennedy's Onassis wedding dress by Valentino. She wore her wedding ring that night but took it off before flying to Britain.

They married publically in Westminster Abbey on September 12th 2021. Kate served as Maid of Honour and William served as best man. The royal children had several roles to play too. The wedding was watched by over 2.45 billion people worldwide and just under 2 million in the UK. It was a day that no one would forget. After the glorious ceremony, the private reception was to be held at Buckingham Palace. 

While they were getting ready, and as the guests piled in, Jack changed into his navy uniform but Dayna remained in her wedding gown, which was an exact replica of Jackie Kennedy's wedding gown to JFK. But in that brief time away from the crowds, they both promised each other something. There must never be an unshared secret. An untold story. They promised they would never keep anything from one another.

Not long before they married, Dayna enrolled at George Washington University and left two years later with a degree in history with honours. She was only 22. While she was at university, Dayna also spent quite a bit of time in Britain. Not to see the royals. Instead Jack was trying to win the position as US Ambassador to Great Britain and with Dayna's help he succeeded. 

He was sworn in at the British Embassy in Washington on November 9th 2023. For the ceremony, Dayna wore a replica of Jackie Kennedy's inaugural coat and for the parties that followed, her inaugural dress. And the first people who congratulated them with their success was none other than William and Kate. 

Two months later in January 2024, Jack and Dayna moved into their first house. Several years before when Dayna was at Vassar College, Jack had commissioned a house for them to be built that would have the same floorplan, exterior and interior as the White House. It was named the Kennedy Mansion. It was constructed two miles out of Washington and the Kennedys adored it. 

They filled their home with antiques. Each of the public rooms was done the way it is the White House. And even had replica works of art in their home. Plus they also had their own Treaty Room and Lincoln Bedroom in the private rooms. The first people who visited them in the house was the British royal family. They were greatly impressed by it all and they were also fond of one thing. 

In their home, the Kennedys had a strong American heritage but Dayna tried to add in British history to it all. She even managed to get her hands on a minature copy of Kate's portrait at the National Portrait Gallery in London and she had it positioned in the Blue Room. 

In October 2024, Dayna discovered she was pregnant. She eventually gave birth to a girl on July 28th 2025, whom they named Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy, after Jack's grandmother. Their daughter was baptised and they adored her. Two years later, Dayna fell pregnant again. Their son was born on June 27th 2028, and he was baptised William George Kennedy. Dayna had one final successful pregnancy, and gave birth to a girl on January 9th 2030. She was baptised Catherine Elizabeth Kennedy. 

The Kennedys lived a happy life, going back to Britain every now and then. Dayna would sometimes go to Britain on her own to royal events. She would often spend Christmas there and would go every year for Trooping of the Colour, royal birthdays and funerals, baptisms, births and Easter celebrations too. 

Dayna would note all of these events in her diary. She started her diary the day she met Kate and it was a custom that continued the rest of her life. She would write about the splendour and the grandness of the carriages, the palaces, even at times the boat pageants that would be held on the vass of the Thames. 

She was even invited to the coronation of William and Kate several years after she left Britain. And not only did she have Britain as her second home. The Kennedys had several holiday homes scattered up and down the East Coast. They would go to Hyannis Port a lot. Caroline Kennedy had Martha's Vineyard. They liked it but didn't go there too much. Not long after they moved into the Kennedy mansion, Jack purchased a house nearby to Camp David, the Presidential country retreat in Maryland. They named their country retreat Camp John, in honour of the most famous member of their family; John F. Kennedy.

Dayna also liked to keep fit and she owned a horse farm in Newport, Rhode Island. She owned a horse that she named Onassis. And with horse riding becoming a thing she adored, it was no surprise that her daughters became fans of the sport. Jackie (what they liked to call their daughter Jacqueline) had a horse called Wexie after the Kennedy land in Ireland of Wexford. And Kate (what they called their daughter Catherine) had her horse called Phillip, after Prince Phillip. She had never met him (Prince Phillip) but according to Dayna's recollections of him, he was very friendly. 

And whenever they travelled to Britain, their official residences there were Kensington Palace and Anmer Hall, where Dayna would go riding. However after William became King, the Kennedy's residence became Buckingham Palace instead.

It was a happy life for Dayna until it was announced that King William of Great Britain had died. Kate was distraught as was Dayna and Jack. They immediately flew over to London and helped organise the funeral. Dayna was William's proclaimed daughter. She made Kate one promise, she would get whatever she needed for the funeral. 

One of the most iconic moments in history was the famous photographs taken of Kate, Dayna and the new King George walking behind the coffin down the Mall. When asked if they were certain, Kate and Dayna said they WOULD walk behind it no matter what. 

A while after the funeral, Kate lost her royal status. She seeked accomodation, as William's death was sudden, she had no where to go. She stayed at her elder mother Carole's home in Bucklebury and then purchased a house at Chester Street in Belgravia shortly before Carole died. Dayna returned for her funeral and then asked Kate one big question. If she would live with them in America. 

Kate agreed.

Kate moved into the Kennedy mansion and lived with the Kennedys. The top floor of the East Wing in the house was converted into a large apartment for Kate. She lived happily with the Kennedys until she died several years later. Her body was flown back to England where she was buried beside William. One thing Kate left Dayna in her will was her wedding gown. When Dayna was given it, as a mark of rememberance to the late Queen, Dayna had it placed on a mannequin in Kate's former bedroom in the East Wing. 

The Kennedys still lived a happy life until grief struck again when Jack died in March 2078, aged 85. He was buried in Arlington Cemetery with a funeral that was exactly the same as his grandfather JFK's. Dayna was now a widow aged 77. One thing Dayna looked back on was when they promised each other there would never be an unshared secret, several moments before their wedding reception. Later that day, she, now a distraught widow, wrote in her diary: "There never was". 

Even though she was a widow, Dayna was still a glamourous lady. She still continued to appear at public events and royal events in London, showing off her radiant smile wherever she went. However in her private life, it was completly different. Jackie, Dayna's daughter who was now in her 50s, and had her own children, supported her mother. 

Jackie wondered if Dayna would sell the Kennedy mansion. Dayna refused. She explained: "It holds the only happy memories of your father I can remember". Kate, Dayna's youngest child suggested she maybe go back to Britain but Dayna refused, as a few weeks after Jack, Pippa died. Dayna vowed she would never remarry and would never leave America. 

Three months after Jack's death, Dayna founded the J&D Archives in Washington. It was her own sort of personal archives where she sent her and Jack's belongings to be preserved forever. She didn't donate everything, she sold some things off. Such as Roman and Greek busts Jack didn't like and she grew tired of, over the years. 

Everything was donated and the Kennedy family felt satisfied. Dayna eventually died on June 6th 2080 aged 79, two years after her beloved Jack. She was laid to rest beside him at Arlington Cemetery. Their grave had a similar design to that of JFK's except without the Eternal Flame. Millions lined the sombre streets of Washington to watch the coffin pass from the US Capitol to Arlington Cemetery. 

Over 100 presidents, kings and foreign dignatries from almost every country in world gathered in the capital city to march in the funeral parade. People such as the President marched behind the coffin. Leaders of Commonwealth and European countries marched further behind. Even though he was asked not to, King George of Great Britain walked behind the coffin of a person who had played a big role in his life. 

Earlier that day, King George read at her funeral. He read: "Dayna Windsor Kennedy, wasn't just a cultural figure in the American culture in her later years but she was also a British princess whom my parents King William and Queen Catherine adored with all their heart. And so did I".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.9K 1.8K 32
She's one of the richest people in the kingdom. He isn't. She was born into a royal family. He wasn't. She's a vampire. He's a human. What happens w...
15.7K 142 29
Hollis is the royal secret. Her brothers are Prince William and Prince Harry. When her mother died, her father sent her to live in America with some...
665K 12K 19
*First Book in the Royals Series* Jacqueline Baker is Kate Middleton's lifelong best friend. When Kate becomes engaged to Prince William of Wales, Ja...
650 26 10
Gigi Cavendish is the daughter of his grace the Duke of Devonshire, she is trying to figure out her life after her dream of being a ballerina ended...