Gold Digger (Complete)

By SibilaStella

"I want you to be present at every beck and call of mine. And your contacts with men should be very limited" ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18 Part I
Chapter 18 Part II
Epilogue

Chapter 9

3.8K 193 10
By SibilaStella

*'If this is a dream won't open my eyes
Am I asleep? No, I'm alive'
---------------------------------------------------------

At first Berry thought she heard wrong. Although she won't admit that she had envisioned this in her mind many times. But that was a wishful thinking on her part. Wasn't it.

She looked at Victor, his serious look clearly relayed that she has heard right. Victor Wild, her boss, this handsome specimen was asking her to date him.

"I don't understand", was all she could say.

"I really like you Berry. I liked you the day I saw you for the first time at the party. You are one of the most gorgeous woman I have seen. There's just something about you. Tell me Berry, would you give me a chance?"

"I.. But you're my boss", Berry managed to say.

"I know. But I just can't fight it anymore. I have to have you. Every reasoning has failed me". He took hold of her hand that was lying at the table, "Just think about it Berry. We can make this work. You and I are both very professional. It's highly unlikely that we will let this get between our job".

Berry was still somehow thinking that this wasn't real. That it's her mind playing tricks with her. Or it's another one of her day dreams. And even if it is true, she was apprehensive. It was simply too good to be true.

When she didn't say anything for long, Victor assured, "You don't have to give me an answer straight away. Take your time. When you are sure you can tell me. But don't take too long hmm".

She nodded and tried to eat the rest of her dessert. But suddenly her appetite was gone. Whether in excitement or apprehension she don't know.

#*#*#*

Victor parked his car and got out. He looked at the two storey building which belonged to his aunt Emily. It hasn't changed a bit in all these years. He walked through the streets where lines of cars were parked, probably because of the party. He entered the house and encountered that all his cousins and their families were already there. When they all realised that Victor was there, they all greeted him in unison.

"About time you came", Mark his eldest cousin commented.

"Save the lectures for mom. I'm sure she isn't going to spare him", Samuel joked from behind.

"How thoughtful of you", Victor retorted in a grumpy tone.

Aunt Emily was Victor's father's twin sister. She have four sons. The eldest Mark, next were Kenneth and Benjamin who were twins and the youngest was Sam who was the same age as Victor.

"Who is at the door?", a sweet lady's voice came from inside.

"It's Victor mom", Benjamin replied. All of them were looking at him with humour filled eyes. As if waiting for the scene when Victor will get an earful from​ his aunt.

A tall plump lady with an assured grace but warm eyes entered the room.

"You're here?", Looking behind him, "And alone I see", she said shaking her head.

"Come inside. Don't keep standing at the door."

"Happy birthday Aunt", Victor raised the gift that he was holding to present it to his aunt.

"Oh you brought a gift! But you know what I want from you. Not a gift but a girl. You have never given me that much trouble when you were young. But now that you're older, you are troubling your old aunt too much", she lightly admonished him.

"Oh aunt, don't start now, I have barely entered the house. And we all know that you love me the best", he grinned baring his his pearly white teeth.

"Oh come here you", his aunt raised both her hands and hugged Victor.

Much as she annoys Victor sometimes but he loves his aunt a lot. He had practically grew up in this house. He always considered her close to a mother and his cousins as his brothers.

"Hey how does he gets away so easily all the time? You didn't used to let us get away so easily", whined Sam.

"Stop it Sam. I'm not letting it go", she turned to Victor, "We are going to talk about it later".

#*#*#*

It was eleven at night but Berry could not sleep. Her mind was troubled with Victor's proposal. This morning at work Victor greeted her and worked so casually as if he hadn't asked her to date him only yesterday. He was totally calm and here she can't think about anything else except that.

She heard her doorbell ring. She glanced at the clock, it was eleven ten. Who could be here at such late hour? Visitors as it is are very rare in Berry's apartment.

She went towards the door and pressed the button of intercom. "Who is this?", she asked.

"It's Victor", was the reply she received.

"What are you doing here Mr. Wild?

"Can you please open the door for me?"

"Okay", she said but her heartbeat had picked up the pace of a bullet.

She opened the door and looked back at her living room. She was not present here on the weekend and she had office today so she didn't get a chance to clean her apartment. She ran towards her sofa and picked up the duvet. Arranged the cushions, picked up a plate, a coffee cup and almost threw them in the sink. She picked her shoes and stuffed it inside the shoe cabinet. She somehow tried to make her living room look like a livable place.

She heard a knock. He is here already? Will he come inside?

She opened the door realising just at that moment that she was in her loose fitting pajama and shirt on which she has somehow managed to spill something. Probably the pasta sauce she had made for dinner. And her hair were sticking out of her loose braid. She was sure she looked like a ghost.

But when she saw him, he was immaculately dressed in a tuxedo with a red bow and his hair were perfect. He looked so majestic. Damn it.

Berry was red with embarrassment. Why did he come her so immaculately dressed? And even if he did, he should have had the decency to call first so that she could be dressed properly too. She ran her fingers through her hair, trying to tame the messy tangles.

"Mr. Wild what are you..."

Victor came forward and captured her lips with his. Whatever she wanted to say earlier could go to hell because this moment was something else. It was intoxicating, surreal. This moment was gold. And for a moment Berry disregarded anything and everything that is happening in the world and just live the moment. Because this moment was real, it was hers and it felt really, really good.

He only let go of her when they were both breathless and also then he only gave her only a few seconds of respite before pressing her lips with his again.

Berry by now was sure it's not real anymore. It must be her wild fantasy. She is not kissing him. Him who is the only person around her all the time. Only person she thinks about all day. She knows she has gone too far now. She likes him, she definitely likes him. She can't hide it anymore. At least not from herself.

When they finally separated after what seemed like an eternity, he hold her cheeks with both his hands. He didn't say anything and neither did she. All they were doing were smiling and looking into each others eyes. Berry's heart was fluttering so much that she felt that any minute, she would start giggling like a schoolgirl.

"Would you like to come inside?", she asked him, still in a daze.

""I would love to", he replied with an everpresent smile.

They entered inside her apartment, Berry noticed that he is carrying something in his hand. "What is that?"

He motioned it towards her, "it's for you".

She took the gift bag and took out the box inside it. It was a Cartier box. She looked towards him confused.

"Go on open it", he urged.

She opened it to find a beautiful platinum necklace with diamonds studded. It was very beautiful. It was exquisite no doubt. Something that Berry couldn't even dream of buying for herself. But Berry was confused. Why did he gave her this? It was too expensive and there wasn't even an occasion for this.

"Mr. Wild, it's beautiful. But why are you suddenly giving me this? This must be so expensive".

"I want you to accept it. I want to show you how much I want you. And I want an answer to the question I asked yesterday".

"But you said I can take as much time as I want".

"Yes but I have realised that I can't wait anymore. I need an answer Berry. Tell me, do you accept it?"

Berry wasn't sure what he was asking her to accept. The gift or his proposal. Probably both. But she couldn't care right now because she had her answer the moment he asked her. She wants him too.

"I like you too", Berry whispered. These words sounded foreign on her lips as she had never said that to any man before. She turned red with embarrassment.

Victor smiled and pinched her cheeks. "Don't be embarrassed Berry. It's only natural that we feel this way. We should not fight what is very obvious".

Berry nodded, agreeing with him.

"Would you like some coffee?"

"No, I want to have dinner with you"

"But I have already had my dinner", she replied.

"So have I. So let's go to one of those fancy restaurants and have their microscopic portions. It'll be perfect for some mid night snacking".

Berry raised her eyebrows, " I can make some mid night snacks right now at probably one eighth of the price".

"Oh come on Berry don't be so prude all the time".

Berry chuckled, "Really Mr. Wild? If you think a three course meal at a fancy restaurant is your mid night snacks. Then you, sir are a very spoiled man".

He came close and kissed her on her lips again, "Why don't you tame me then?"

#*#*#*

Berry knocked at Victor's door to bring his coffee in. It has been almost two weeks since they have started dating and Berry was enjoying every minute of it. She entered his office and kept it on his desk and started leaving.

"Berry"

She turned, "Yes sir?"

"I want a kiss before you go".

Berry raised her eyebrows, "Really? I thought we were supposed to be really professional during work hours. I remember, you said it should strictly be a boss-secretary​ relationship. Don't you remember sir?", She asked in a fake innocent voice.

"I remember. But the work hours", he glanced at his watch, "does not start until the next 36 seconds", he smirked.

"In your watch it doesn't. But in my watch it's already nine", she shot back. Two can play this game.

"You will come here Miss Bloom if you have any desire to go back home in one piece today".

She fake gasped, "Rude. Are we now?"

She went close to him, bent her head forward and gave him a peck on his cheek.

"What? You call that a kiss? I want a good, proper kiss", he commanded.

"Sorry sir, times up sir. It's nine already. Work, work, work", she ran away from him towards the door.

"Young lady, you are going to regret this. Tonight you are going to pay for this".

Berry bent her head sideways, "I'm not sure whether to be excited or scared about this threat".

"Oh you be scared. You be scared because tonight I'm going to show you a real kiss. And beware because you are not going to enjoy that", he said, his words meaning a lot more than what he was saying.

Berry turned crimson and left his office. Thinking about the prospects of the night.

#*#*#*

So Berry and Victor are a couple now. What do you think about that?

*The above lines are from the song 'Wild' by Jessie J

Do vote, comment and share my dear readers.

With love and appreciation,
Sibi.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

425K 19.6K 45
This book is a RomCom book(Romance comedy). Read if you love laughing.😊 CURRENTLY EDITING AND WORKING ON RE-WRITING. PLEASE IGNORE SOME IMMATURE THI...
3.3M 89.4K 71
(THIS WAS MY FIRST BOOK!!, it may not be what you like and that doesn't matter to me because it was long ago, ANYWAY HOPE YOU ENJOY) ALSO ITS NOT EDI...
668K 22.2K 79
"Do you still have the same feelings for me?" He gently asks. I avert my gaze and look down at the floor. I want to scream at him and say no. I...
113 2 5
On the way to interview Esther saw a kid crossing the road but he slightly got hit by a luxurious car and fell down. She quickly ran towards the kid...