Stuck in the Middle [Hikaru...

By starry-venus

**CURRENTLY UNDER REVISIONS, ORIGINALLY VERSION NOT SAVED Being one of the few 'commoners' at Ouran Highscho... More

beforehand
Chapter ♞ 1: I Don't Like Change
Chapter ♞ 2: Honey Tastes Like Betrayal (1)
Chapter ♞ 3: Honey Tastes Like Betrayal (2)
Chapter ♞ 4: I Know What Cheesecake Is!
Chapter ♞ 5: LoveSick Hikaru? (1)
Chapter ♞ 6: LoveSick Hikaru? (2)
Chapter ♞ 7: Science Project of Doom
Chapter ♞ 8: Mixed Feelings (1)
Chapter ♞ 9: Mixed Feelings (2)
Chapter ♞ 10: Mixed Feelings (3)
Chapter ♞ 11: Mixed Feelings (4)
Chapter ♞ 12: Host Club Problems (1)
Chapter ♞ 13: Host Club Problems (2)
Chapter ♞ 14: Host Club Problems (3)
Chapter ♞ 15: A Hostess?
Chapter ♞ 16: The Shopping Disaster (1)
Chapter ♞ 17: The Shopping Disaster (2)
Chapter ♞ 18: Love Can Suck My A-
Chapter ♞ 19: Tamaki Ruins Everything
Chapter ♞ 20: Sketchbooks & Movies (1)
Chapter ♞ 21: Sketchbooks & Movies (2)
Chapter ♞ 22: Sketchbooks & Movies (3)
Chapter ♞ 23: Sketchbooks & Movies (4)
Chapter ♞ 24: H, K, and N
Chapter ♞ 25: Science Mishap
Chapter ♞ 26: Tomorrow
Chapter ♞ 27: Failing At Life
Chapter ♞ 28: The Little Things
Chapter ♞ 29: Confess (1)
Chapter ♞ 30: Confess (2)
Chapter ♞ 31: Confess (3)
Chapter ♞ 32: Confess (4)
One-shot!
Chapter ♞ 33: Dates n' Fancy Tuna (1)
Chapter ♞ 34: Dates n' Fancy Tuna (2)
Chapter ♞ 35: Dates n' Fancy Tuna (3)
Chapter ♞ 36: Dates n' Fancy Tuna (4)
Chapter ♞ 37: Dates...?
Chapter ♞ 38: ...
Chapter ♞ 39: ...!
Chapter ♞ 40: Resign Time?! Think Twice
Chapter ♞ 41: Think... Thrice?!
One-shot! (Nao x Reader)
Chapter ♞ 41.5: This Ain't A Scene It's A Cult
Chapter ♞ 42: Face The Fire
Chapter ♞ 43: Snowy Photoshoots
Chapter ♞ 44: We've Got Chemistry
Chapter ♞ 46: Cupid's Arrow Was Off (1)
Chapter ♞ 47: Cupid's Arrow Was Off (2)

Chapter ♞ 45: God Bless America

6K 213 204
By starry-venus

This book is finally coming to an end- mostly due to the fact that is has been drawn out and the loyal readers need some closure after literally five years of waiting haha. There will only be two endings; one for Hikaru and one for Kaoru. Since I'm no longer making any sequels consider these endings the final endgames.

I can make side endings for Tyler and Nao but only if people would like them. I won't spend time making lengthy endings for them, if they aren't warranted. Consider this book done in five chapters or so!

-

You could practically hear Kyoya tutting at you at as he watched you sweep the floor avidly, cleaning away the paper bats and pushing them into a large pile.

The day had ended rather quickly though- a few of Haruhi's customers lingered as they bid their farewells, and a specific customer was standing rather closely to your friend, blush dusting her cheeks. Tamaki lurked in the corner openly showing his frustration though it oddly fit his princely aura.

After leaving the club to focus on your studies you had literally become their personal Fido again. 

Fetching tea, entertaining the guests who didn't have the best view of their particular host and wanted to chat on the side. The cult incident was technically your fault so you didn't mind cleaning the mess but that didn't change the fact that you looked ridiculous trying to move a pile of black, paper bats that was beginning to become your height. 

 For once everything was normal.

Your relationship with Nao had settled, Tyler was back to his ruthless ways of making you stay up all night to binge shows and the twins returned to their routine of brotherly love, making girls swoon with incestuous behavior. 

So of course there was a pit of butterflies in your stomach telling you that something was about to go horribly wrong. There was never a dull day here.

After the last guests finally left, the hosts visibly sighed and began to relax, letting their ongoing smiles fall from their lips. 

That was until Kyoya began to speak, his tone solid, "Now, now you know we have big preparations to make there isn't time for you guys to sleep just yet." His glasses reflected so brightly you thought you were going to go blind for a second.

"Preparations for what?" Your ears perked, as you turned to the group and they began to gather around a big table.

Kaoru turned to you and stuck out his tongue, "Wouldn't you like to know?" He teased, adding a sultry wink. Hikaru stiffened.

Haruhi was quick to jab his side, nearly tumbling him over. "A Winter Ball." She spoke. "The school was kind enough to lend us one of the larger dance halls. It's a time to make-"

"Make our princesses feel even more beautiful than they already are!" And there they were again, the fake roses being shoved down your throat as Tamaki sparkled- blue eyes shining and blond hair smelling like fresh peaches. "It's only the best time of year! And mama is finally letting us crown a Winter King and Winter Queen!" Tamaki was practically twirling yet no one looked amused. 

Your gaze shifted to Haruhi again, cocking an eyebrow. "That doesn't feel like your type of scene. This club puts you through a lot."

"I'm only in it for..." and for a moment, you saw Haruhi make a face that was new to you. One that made her look like she was almost in a daze, "the fancy tuna."

You could've swore you saw drool dribble down her chin.

Kyoya nearly chuckled, but held composure. "Anyway, this is a late night affair and we have a proper catering and cleaning staff prepared. Normal morning and afternoon host club activities will be cancelled in order for preparation. Y/N you won't be needed though you are more than welcome to attend. Only the hosts are required to come- since we need all the proper suitors before we crown the selected King and any ladies who attend the club are welcome."

You tucked a stray hair behind your ear, discarding the broom since the last of the bats were disposed of, finally. A whole day free from the host club on a weekday? It couldn't be true.

Honey was barely taller than the table, and was peering over nosely. "Woow~ Kyo-chan this looks like a lot of money! As long as most of this goes into the sweets, I'll be there~. But where did these funds come from?"

Then, a smirk appeared on that man's face, though it wasn't anything besides devious. "Yes well, the winter photoshoot magazines sold very, very well. I also managed to snag a few exclusive images of you all and that nearly tripled the normal sales in both magazines and CDs. Remember how I made you all change in different changing rooms than our usual ones? You all practically gave the girls a little strip tease-"

This caught everyone's attention, especially a certain blond.

"HOW DARE YOU EXPLOIT OUR NATURALLY FIT BODIES- SPECIFICALLY HARUHI'S AND Y/N'S?" From the corner of your eye you saw Haruhi's cheek flush. "WON'T THEY FIND OUT HE'S A SHE? WHAT WILL WE DO NOW? MY LITTLE GIRL DESERVES BETTER AND YOU NEED TO KEEP YOUR GRIMY PAWS AWAY FROM CORRUPT CAMERAS AND FITTING ROOMS. AND, AND, AND- MOMMY WHY-"

"-excluding Haruhi and Y/N of course." He adjusting his glasses, "I could never exploit them, daddy. I only showed above the waist, when you guys began to unbutton your shirts. Nothing more of course." He snickered.

Tamaki was still clinging to Haruhi, eyes wide as Kyoya finished his statement. Clearly he and Haruhi were aware of the lack of space between them, as their body language tensed and their faces turned pink tones.

"I-I'm not your daughter! I already have a dad!" She showed no mercy as she nearly flung Tamaki to the ground. You couldn't tell if it was appropriate to gasp or laugh as he literally slithered into a corner, mushrooms sprouting around him as he cradled his knees.

There was a silence in the room, that you felt free to break.

"So I'll be heading out now. Thank you for the day off I'll use it wisely." Everyone offered you a wave or vocal goodbye, before you began to pick up your belongings and head towards your locker.

You nearly almost died when you felt a presence behind you and lanky arms wrap around your shoulders.

"Y/N~"

"WAH-" you hit Kaoru on his chin as you pushed your head upwards, and flipped around. His eyes were slightly watery as he stuck out his slightly swollen tongue. "I bwit my twounge," he complained. 

"Don't sneak up on me," you scolded, heart still pounding heavily as you sighed. "But what did you need?"

He stuck his tongue back into his mouth before stepping closer to take your hand, clasping it in his. The afternoon sky was shining through the windows, painting his skin in vibrant oranges and pinks, as he looked down towards you.

"Would you do me the honor of attending the Winter ball with me,"

There was a no on the tip of your tongue,

"So we can get Tamaki and Haruhi to finally stop pining after each other? I already have a plan and everything, I just need some help."

There was a twinkle in Kaoru's eye, and the way he came towards you- holding back his usual flirts and bringing forth more bluntness made it harder to reject him. You titled your head, looking for an ulterior motive but found none.

"... do I have to wear heels and a dress?" 

He looked you up and down once, poorly concealing it. "As much as I would say that's a preference for just me, it's required. You probably didn't hear but this is a masquerade ball after all. You don't want to stick out too much."

A part of you wanted this day to yourself- but it was obvious how Tamaki and Haruhi had feelings for one another but simply weren't going to act on them.

"They just need a little push," Kaoru suggested, almost as if he read your mind, "Hikaru thinks I should leave it alone but I like to help my friends out when I can." He smiled.

"...I'm in." You grinned back.

~

Your last period of the day happened to be gym and it was quite hectic. All of the girls were ranting about the upcoming Winter Masquerade Ball and deciding on who they would vote for to be the king. Rina was too busy dreaming of being whisked away by Kyoya on a black stallion.

Needless to say, the physical education teacher was displeased that no one was running the track as they all huddled over phones, deciding which dresses to buy or observing the online magazines of the boys.

The moment you slunked through your front door, you felt the weight of the day crash onto your shoulders.

It was definitely nap time and you weren't even going to let Tyler ruin that personal time with his antics. But instead of being greeted with the usual sight of an empty livingroom, you saw your parents sitting on the couches.

They seemed to tense as you walked through the door, but instead of looks of concern or disappointed, your mom held a stressed grin while your father beckoned you over.

"Welcome home sweetheart, " he greeted you, patting the seat beside him. You squinted before sliding your backpack off your shoulder and taking the seat, trying to decipher what they were going to say. 

"How was your day?" Your mother tried.

"Fine." You countered.

"New friends? Activities? Keeping up with your studies?"

"Nope, nope and always." Was this just you parent's awkward way of showing that they cared? 

"Well we have some good news!" Your dad pulled you into a hug, smothering your face into his chest.

"W-wait what? What is it? Huh?" You were confused by how happy your parents were out of the blue. Then suddenly your mother spoke and a shudder rippled through you.

"I'm pregnant!" She said with glee, her smile growing wider. "And your father and I- well we decided it was best for us- financially and opportunities wise, to move back." She finished.

You couldn't but smile at the thought of another sibling, but there was a pause. "Why would we move back to that apartment downtown? It was smaller than this place, plus there's an extra room here."

"No, we were talking about moving back to... America." Your father finished as he squeezed your shoulder.

That's when your face fell and your mouth moved faster than your brain.

"Are you fucking kidding me?"

-

Do you guys want to join a discord for wattpad writers? It was made by my friend PandoraButler and we'd love more users. Come chat with me! Comment or inbox me for the link.< 3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.3K 1.3K 42
Kyoya Fanfic || OHSHC Mayura Tachibana is a normal 15-year-old girl to the eyes of the people in her school. She had lower back length light brown ha...
287K 10.2K 36
*#1 in #kaoru* Azami Fujioka arrived at Ouran Academy with her younger sister, Haruhi, on a scholarship in hopes to get a better education. She was s...
94.7K 3.8K 46
Haruhi x Tamaki. I ship this couple so hard it's not even funny. Disclaimer: I do not own OHSHC or any of its characters. But I do love it/them. Btw...
252K 8.8K 43
Kemuri Fujioka, Haruhi's older brother, isn't a normal 16-year old. He spends some of his days being Kuma Arita, a famous influencer. One day he de...