Defying Gravity: Free Fall [A...

By akashi_ryuuki

[3rd place in Seijuro Akashi category of KnB Watty Awards 2014 Fall/Winter] [3rd place in Kuroko no Basuke ca... More

Defying Gravity
TAKE I- Hello Japan~
TAKE II- Party Destroyer
TAKE III- Challenged.
TAKE IV- His full attention.
TAKE V- Basketball Match
TAKE VI- Soccer Match.
TAKE VII- Shougi.
TAKE VIII- Disastrous Night.
TAKE X- To Sydney~
TAKE XI- Beach Mansion.
TAKE XII- Getting lost.
TAKE XIII- Punishment.
TAKE XIV- Truth or Dare.
TAKE XV- Her Within.
TAKE XVI- Dearest Kitten
TAKE XVII- Wrong Target
TAKE XVIII- Chocolate Cake
TAKE XIX- Forgotten Exam
TAKE XX- Rakuzan's on fire!
TAKE XXI- Mummy and Daddy~
TAKE XXII- She's the Romeo
TAKE XXIII- The Light Once Again
TAKE XXIV- The Real Threat.
TAKE XXV- Free Fall
TAKE XXVI- Defying Gravity
TAKE XXVII- It Hurts
TAKE XXVIII- The Vow.
TAKE XXIX- It won't be long
TAKE XXX- Deceleration
TAKE XXXI- Reflection
TAKE XXXII- Refraction.
TAKE XXXIII- Angle of Elevation
TAKE XXXIV- Free Fall BANZAI!
Thanks to Gravity, I'm Free Falling
Acknowledgement

TAKE IX- Day Out.

6.9K 277 138
By akashi_ryuuki

TAKE IX.

    I groaned as the bed shook. “Mngh shut the hell up, I’m sleepy!” I croaked without my eyes open.

    “If you don’t wake up in two seconds, I’ll snatch your virginity right here right now.” A familiar voice filled my eardrums.

    My eyes sprang open and saw Akashi; on top of me LIKE A BOSS! I automatically yelped and kicked his stomach. He fell sideways on the bed and I jumped to my feet, panting. “W-w-wh-what are you trying to do!” I screamed, putting up a defensive stance.

    He sighed. “It’s 5 am, woman. Don’t scream like that. And besides, your guardian is here to fetch you.” He explained.

    I sighed with relief. “Whew! I thought—wait, 5 IN THE MORNING!? I JUST SLEPT FOR THREE HOURS!”

    He chuckled. “Considering how you can shout that loud and being so active in the morning, guess you’re alright now than last night. I’ve explained the situation to your guardian, Shiori-san, right?” he stopped as if remembering something, then smirked. “You told her you went to a girl’s house yesterday, no?”

    I blushed. “N-none of your business!” and stomped out of the room. I headed downstairs and saw Shiori sitting on the couch, admiring the view of the garden.

    “Shiori.” I called.

    She turned to me and smiled then quickly, her smile faded. “Kazuto. I thought you said you went for a school project. To a girl’s house. I repeat, girl. Girl.

    I scratched the back of my neck nervously. “Uh.... there are....some misunderstandings.... I guess..”

    “Tell me everything at home, ne? Where’s the handsome boy Seijuro? I should’ve known he’s the one at the par—“

    “Shh!” I silenced her.

    Akashi came down. “Shiori-san.” He smiled politely.

    “Ah, Seijuro! Should’ve known it’s you! Came to my bakery few times, no? By the way, thanks for the care.” Shiori grinned.

    “No problem.” Akashi said.

    Shiori linked my arm into hers. “Jaa, we’ll be going for now!” then we got out of the mansion, with Akashi smirking at our sight.

*  *  *  *

    “Not cotton candy!! I want ice-cream!” I wailed. Akashi glared at me. I pouted. He turned away and started walking. I grabbed his sleeve.

    “Akashi please!” I begged.

    “Kazuto, quit your whining.” He demanded calmly.

    I whined and stopped walking. “If you won’t buy it for me then I’ll buy it myself!” I said and walked away.

    So the story is, when I arrived home this morning, Shiori were shocked to see that I’m free of fever even though I suffered hypothermia. So she said I need to go to school. When I came to school, this red midget suddenly dragged me into his student council room and ordered me to follow him out of school, to buy the stuffs for school festival. When I’m walking with him, we sure caught a lot of attentions from other people.

    Mostly because of Akashi (he’s quite famous around Kyoto) and because of me, whining over and over begging Akashi to buy me an ice-cream after walking for four hours non-stop.

    “Kazuto, come back here.” I heard him say. I glanced at him over my shoulder and started to run.

    “Not gonna!” I replied, running faster when I saw that he was chasing after me. And not to mention, HE’S FAST! I arrived at an ice-cream stall and ran behind the uncle who’s selling it.

    “Uncle save me from this monster!” I comically cried.

    The uncle chuckled softly and looked at Akashi who’s eyeing me like a hungry predator. “Lovers’ quarrel, huh?” he spoke.

    “Lovers!?” I shrieked. “No, uncle! This monster is trying to kill me!”

    “Kazuto, come here in 5 seconds or I won’t go easy on you.” Akashi threatened then he started counting from 5 to 1. I pouted and went to him, slightly afraid of what he might do.

    “Just buy me an ice-cream! Is that so hard?” I whined.

    He glared at me and I turned away. The uncle laughed then handed me a cone of mint chocolate chip ice-cream (my favorite!). My eyes widened in surprise and took it, slightly bowing.

    “Free of charge, young girl.” The uncle smiled.

    I giggled happily. “Yeay! Thank you uncle! Akashi will surely invite you to his upcoming party!”

    Akashi glared at me, his stare is something like ‘Since when I’ll be having a party you moron! And who are you to even invite him!’

    The uncle frowned. “Akashi?”

    I nodded vigorously.

    “Ah, son of Akashi Shusei, right?” the uncle smiled.

    “You know my father?” Akashi frowned.

    The uncle grinned. “He’s my best friend from university.”

    “Whoa! Really!?” I exclaimed.

    Akashi nodded and held out his hand. “Then, it’s a pleasure meeting with you....” he trailed off.

    “Kawahara.” The uncle finished and shook his hand.

    “Kawahara-san,” Akashi repeated. After a time, we found out that Kawahara is a successful interior fashion designer but right now, on a holiday so he decided to sell ice-cream. Right then, we parted with Kawahara and proceeded to an art store.

    Akashi went to the counter. “Could you get me a white canvas, around ten meters long?” he requested.

    “Wait here, sir.” The guy at the counter nodded and went away.

    While waiting, my eyes caught something in front of the store. SPORTS STORE! I grinned and took my steps towards it but a hand pulled me backwards. I sighed, rolling my eyes particularly at Akashi even though he can’t see me with my back facing him like this.

    “You’re waiting, right! Just let me take a look!” I protested.

    “I said wait here.”

    I looked away. “I hate you.” I mumbled. Why wouldn’t I be? He’s making me like his pet, following him here and there without giving me permission to even eat an ice-cream. Hmph!

    “Here’s the canvas, sir. 1300 yen.”

    Akashi paid the bill, took the plastic bag and dragged me out. “Could you behave!” he chided once outside.

    “I just wanted to go to the sports store! You didn’t even let me buy an ice-cream!” I said.

    He sighed then gestured at the Sports Center with his head. “Go now. I give you 30 minutes.” He said.

    My eyes widened. “Really!?”

    “Go.”

    “Thank you!” I grinned and ran to the store.

-w-

He didn’t know why he was acting this way, keeping her to his side all the time, making sure she’s not gonna run away. But maybe it was just a precaution.

    “Really!?” her eyes widened when he gave the permission to go.

    “Go.” He ordered.

    “Thank you!” she grinned and ran off. Akashi turned away, her smile so addictive he felt like he’s happy right now. Maybe it’s not so bad to see people smile, to make them smile. He’s always been strict like his father. Every words are absolute. No one would talk back. But she was the first to not get intimidated by his glare, by his simple gaze. She was the first to make him so amused like this. Too much for a pawn, no?

‘Maybe I should make her my entertainer queen.’ He thought to himself.

-w-

    “Are we going back yet?” I asked as I swung the plastic bag from front to back continuously, creating a noise. It was four hours after my departure from the sports store and Akashi was leading the walk, surveying, watching, searching for every stuffs needed for the school festival.

    “Not yet. Have patience.” He replied. I was holding six plastic bags. Guess he dragged me here to help him bring all the stuffs he bought. We walked endlessly and we’ve been to three different shopping complexes.

    “Hey! Free cotton candy!” I exclaimed as I saw a tanned-skin man swirling the sugar around an edible stick, giving it to toddlers passing by. Even adults and some couples took some. “Wait here!” I said and ran to the man.

    He swirled it happily and handed it to me. “Here you go, miss!”

    I giggled. “Thank you!!!!” and ran back to Akashi, grinning widely. Surprisingly, he was waiting patiently.

    “Aren’t you tired?” I asked and buried half of my face into the sweet, bushy cotton candy, munching in as much as I could. We started walking.

    “I don’t get tired easily.” He replied. I shoved the cotton candy to him. “Eat some!” I said. He leaned down on me (yes I’m short) and chuckled. Then his finger removed the bits of candy from my cheek.

    “You eat like a kid.”

    “Come on eat some!” I grinned happily. Sugar makes me hyper, okay.

    “No thanks. We’re going back to school anyway,” he glanced at his wrist watch. “Nope, we’re going straight home.”

    I swallowed the candy. “Akashi what do you enjoy doing aside from basketball and ordering people around?” I asked out of a sudden.

    He glanced at me. “Shougi.” He answered short.

    “Won’t you play soccer?” I queried.

    “Basketball is fascinating because it’s amazing how you need to strategize and play at the same time. So obviously basketball is better than soccer.”

    “Soccer is more interesting! You just need legs to play!”

    “Basketball is better.”

    “Sheesh! Why won’t you try once?”

    “I’ve played it before and it didn’t caught my attention at all. By the way, why won’t you try to play basketball?”

    I hesitated. “I-I’ve played it before! And it didn’t caught my attention at all!”

    “You just copied my words.”

    “Whatever,”

    “Basketball did caught your attention. You’re just scared.”

    I looked away. “N-none of your business!” I replied. Then we went silent along the way home. Later, we reached my house.

    “Well, I should thank you for coming with me, Kazuto.” Akashi said.

    “You’re very much welcome, dear prince.” I said and went in. He walked away.

-w-

His room was dark but there was one light emitting from his phone. He was waiting for an answer. From a certain someone.

To: Shiori.

Permission to bring Kazuto to Sydney for my shougi competition tomorrow.

.

From: Shiori.

Oh? Okay but why bring her along?

.

To: Shiori.

I’m giving her the light of basketball once again. She may be able to play after this.

.

From: Shiori.

I see.... roger then, I’ll go tell her.

.

To: Shiori.

Don’t. She won’t come. Just pack her bag and drag her outta the house tomorrow morning. Flight leaves at 11am. I’d want her to be at the airport around 9.45 sharp.

.

From: Shiori.

Oh .-. you’re ordering me or something?

.

To: Shiori.

I am. And I’d expect her tomorrow.

.

From: Shiori.

Alrighto~ I’ll send her the first thing tomorrow morning.

.

To: Shiori.

Thank you.

.

From: Shiori.

Oh but....!

.

To: Shiori.

What?

.

From: Shiori.

She was once involved in a plane crash so I don’t think she’s gonna make it to Sydney.

.

To: Shiori.

No worries. Everything’s under control.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

380K 16.6K 50
━━━━ kuroo tetsurou. it's funny how the world works sometimes; one minute you are at your peak, the next you feel as if everything was so heavy you c...
83.2K 1.8K 27
Kuroko and (Y/N) went together to attend Seirin High School with one purpose: defeat the Generation of Miracles. Apparently, Kuroko is not a normal p...
1K 41 19
[COMPLETE] Akashi has always been forced to live a perfect life. According to his father, the center of his life must be perfection in all things, wh...
299K 11.2K 32
[1st place in Seijuro Akashi category of KnB Watty Awards 2014 Fall/Winter] [2nd place in Kuroko no Basuke category of Anime Watty Awards 2014/15 Win...