TAKE XX- Rakuzan's on fire!

TAKE XX.

Rakuzan VS Touou

5-5

Her breathing almost stopped. The ball went past her head and into the goal space. Touou Academy aced the whole match. It’s as if Rakuzan’s effort were useless all these while. All their practices, it’s as if they did nothing but stare.

    Kazuto bit her lip and held back her tears. She could see her teammates getting tired and restless. Yuta was on the bench, he almost passed out because one of the Touou players hit his nose with the elbow. Blood oozed out and Yuta was immediately out for some time. Rakuzan had to brave 10 versus 11. It’s unfair but what can they do?

    ‘Ah…. It’s been a long time since I had a match like this.’ Kazuto thought to herself, shutting her eyes close and tried hard to concentrate.

    “Heichou.” Shou spoke, panting. She turned her head.

    “We…. We won’t…. let you down!” he said between his breaths.

    I hugged him. “What you meant is…. I won’t let you down. We’re a team, I’m your captain.” I whispered.

    He patted my back. “We’ll…. win this!”

____5 DAYS EARLIER____

    “We’re going against Touou!?!!” Shou, Aki, Yuta and Ren shouted. I winced.

    “Yeah, why are you all so shocked?”

    Yuta shook his head. “Do you know…. Touou is the best school when it comes to soccer and aside from Rakuzan, it’s considered the second best in basketball! Touou takes everything when a soccer tournament shows up.” He told me.

    “How about Rakuzan?” I questioned.

    Aki chuckled. “Rakuzan soccer team never participate because we just formed this club last year.”

    I sighed. “Then why are you guys so afraid?”

    Shou frowned. “What do you mean?”

    I raised my fist. “Rakuzan will beat Touou no matter what! Raise your heads and we’ll be the champions! You hear me guys!?” I shouted.

    “OH!”

    That night, I watched matches Touou had and observed their skills. Sure, they are incredible but I told myself, Rakuzan gonna win this time. Suddenly, my phone rang.

    I picked up the call, “Bonjour.”

    Reo’s laugh was heard. “You don’t sound like a French at all, Kazu-chan!”

    I rolled my eyes. “Shut up, at least it’s decent. What do you want anyway?”

    “Basketball Inter-High is coming. And I think it’s the same day as yours. Wanna come? I can save you a seat.”

    “I’ll come if I have time. Just save the seat. I’ll save the seat for you too.”

    “Great! Good luck, Kazu-chan.”

    I grinned. “Good luck to you too. Goodnight!”

    “Goodnight!”

~End of Flashback~

    “Heichou!” Ren shouted and the ball went to Kazuto. She ran, kicking the ball along, dodging the players’ tries to steal the ball. With one swift movement, she kicked the ball once and for all and it went in the goal space perfectly. The referee blew the whistle, indicating the end of the third quarter of the match.