better now > sequel to neighb...

By evieiou

As the journey continues, Mae has accepted her faith and it's time to move on. Harry realises perhaps he has... More

Prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
TEN
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
TWENTY
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
Twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
THIRTY
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
FORTY
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
FIFTY
fifty one
fifty two
fifty three
Fifty five
Fifty Six
Fifty Seven
Fifty Eight
Fifty Nine
SIXTY
Epilogue
spin off

Fifty Four

95 2 0
By evieiou

"Good morning, love." Harry's sweet voice welcomed me from my sleep and I smiled gratefully as he handed me a mug of tea in bed.

His wet hair allowed droplets of water spring onto the bed before he brought a towel to his head and dried it quickly.

"I have to collect Noah, Ana called and said they're going to the playground and then she's being dropped home so you," he leaned forward and kissed my lips, catching me by surprise. "Relax." He finished. I smiled and nodded, watching him take off his towel and dress while I sipped my tea. Hm, not a bad start to the day.

"I'll be back in awhile, I might stop at my mums. She wanted me to fix the toilet," he rolled his eyes and finally pulled a grey sweater over him and then grabbed his keys.

"Did Ana give a time?" I asked, peeking the covers off of me. I headed to the dresser to tie up my hair and watched Harry type on his phone in the reflection of a mirror. He shook his head, "Nah, I'd say an hour or two though, they were only waking up."

"Great, I think I'll get our stuff packed then." I mumbled.

I turned to go to the bathroom but Harry stopped me. "Well I was thinking maybe like, this would be a permanent thing?" He raised a brow and I laughed a little.

"Oh you did?" I folded my arms over and raised a brow. I mean, of course I would move in with Ana but it wasn't going to happen over night. I had a lease and Ana had school in another town, which means transfers would have to be planned.

"Yeah, do you not want to?" He frowned.

"No, I do." I reassured him. "Just needs more planning, Well talk about it later."

"Right, I gotta go, see you in awhile!" He yelled as he headed out of the room and I got settled in the bathroom to shower.

Staring at my reflection I sighed and began to brush my teeth while scrolling through my social medias. The door slammed, and I suddenly felt very strange being in this big empty house alone.

___

It neared mid-day, Harry left to collect Noah nearly an hour ago and I was awaiting Ana's return, but something was feeling off.

I can be anxious and over analyze things yes, but there was a consistent noice coming from the back garden for the last ten minutes and it was beginning to make me uneasy, so I decided to investigate.

Harry's house was too big and I always thought if someone were to break in I'd have lots of places to hide but as I walked down the rounded staircase with a baseball bat in my hand those places didn't exist and I was shitting myself.

The noise returned as I stepped onto the tiled floor that lead to the back doors. It was like a metal clink, as if someone was hitting a pole with something. It only sounded twice and then paused, but as I put a hand onto the back door handle it began again and appeared louder.

"Hello?" I called out, opening the door and peeking out. No one was there, and I sighed in relief. Probably just a neighbor getting some work done.

I put the bat down by the kitchen counter and decided to start tidying the place up a bit, it's been awhile since I've actually done anything around here. He had a maid come in during the week but that was gonna have to go if I had a say in things.

The front door opened and I was a little alerted at first but hearing keys be put down on the glass table by the door eased me. "That was quick," I called out to him.

Glancing at the clock, I shrugged. He was only an hour and a bit, and I was about to turn and ask why he was so fast until I heard the noise again, except this time it was coming from behind me.

Turning on my heel I only had the chance to widen my eyes in fear as Aria's devilish boyfriend and another strange man I've never seen before looked down on me. His friend gently tapped a crowbar against the kitchen counter and I immediately screamed.

What the fuck!?

My mouth was clamped shut and they motioned for me to shut up. My hand clawed at his that held my mouth shut and soon his friend grabbed my ankles and I was lifted from the floor and towards the stairs. As they walked me up and decided to throw me onto the bed I began to think about what was going to happen to me.

They were gonna murder me and Ana was going to grow up without a mother. I hurted for her as his friend rummaged trough Harry's drawers and eventually plucked out a sock to stuff in my mouth.

I muffled cries and screams through the fabric while they turned their backs and chatted amongst themselves. Not yet had they said a thing to me and I racked my brain as to why they were here. Did I offend Aria again? Did she send him or does he just have it out for me? Where's Harry?

"I told you to keep your mouth shut around Aria and not upset her, are you stupid?" He growled at me. I didn't even know his name which made the situation even scarier, I had no idea who he was other than Arias boyfriend and I had no idea what he was capable of.

I bounced back and forth between thinking this was a nightmare and reality, as I just could not fully comprehend what was going on right now.

"Enrique will watch you." He huffed. I looked to the taller, much scarier looking man that towered above me and when I reached up to take the sock from my mouth he lifted his shirt, showing his gun. Now shit was real.

I felt urge to cry but nothing would come out. My body was frozen in fear so much so that I was forgetting to breathe.

"Cairo, we need to hurry." Enrique spoke lowly, his eyes not leaving mine. I looked to Cairo, Arias boyfriend and panted in fear as he trashed the room, as if looking for something.

"Give me a fucking minute!" He yelled, pulling every article of clothing out of the wardrobe. Enrique huffed and clenched his jaw, looking extremely raged and for a second I thought he was going to hit Cairo but before I knew it, his first came flying down towards me and I felt a numbing sting on the whole left side of my face and I cried out an unmerciful scream. "Don't look at me." He grunted. His eyes bulged like an animal and I quickly discovered that this was not a little scare tactic and they were here to do some damage: to me or the house, they didn't care.

As Cairo disappeared out of the room, Enrique looked back and forth between me and the clock. Why were they in a rush? I cradled the side of my face that burned with immense pain as I thought about why they were in a hurry and then it hit me; Annabel!

She was supposed to be home soon and they probably knew that. But then I realized quickly that they knew Harry wouldn't be here and was getting Noah so what if they got Harry first. All types of thought flooded my head as I tried to block out these men. They only seemed interested in the house so far and I was fine with that.

"Cairo, lets go!" Enrique boomed. Cairo walked back in, but held a gun in his hand and pointed it directly at me with a frustrated expression. "Where's his fucking safe?" He yelled. My eyes widened as he got closer and I shook my head desperately. He yanked the sock from my mouth and I took a deep breath as he took a fistful of my hair in his hands and shook me.

"The garage! The garage!" I yelled out, eyes screwed shut.

He released me and grabbed my arm instead, informing me I was going to lead them to the garage and open it up. Of course I obliged and I was surprised I could walk straight. Every inch of my body was shaking and the only sound was the chatter of my teeth as we got downstairs.

"Hurry up," He spat at me. "You stupid girl."

I had gone past wondering why he was here and what I did to Aria, this was a full on robbery and if I'm not lucky here, murder. I knew Harry had security cameras and they would most likely be caught but shit I didn't want to die. I also knew Harry had a panic button under the safe, and that was exactly my plan.

I lead them to the garage and hit a light switch. The safe was actually in the wall, hidden behind a coat rack full of old dusty jackets and they pushed them off the rail. I quickly fumbled with the numbers and hit the panic button without them noticing.

Punching in the code, which was actually his birthday - amateur - I was pushed back as the two men attacked the contents of the safe.

There was a couple thousand in there, some contracts, spare keys, passports and other important documents but what hurt the most was watching them shove Ana and Noah's baby bracelets, first teeth and all that stuff into a duffle bag and I sobbed while one of them gripped onto my arm roughly.

"You won't dare look at Aria again, or speak of this to anyone." He warned me. I nodded quickly shivered as he smiled at me and pat my back. While his friend slung the bag over his shoulder and I looked into an empty safe, we were all surprised to hear the door open and shut.

"We're home," Harry called out. I went to call out and warn him as Cairo quietly walked out with his gun ready to shoot but I was held back.

"Harry run!" I screamed, trying my best to kick my way out of his hold when a loud, painful shot went off. Then another one, and another one.

I fell to the floor as Enrique released me and made a run for it. I gasped for air as I scrambled to get up and run out to Harry but the blood bath that greeted me stopped me in my tracks and a blood curdling scream left my lips at the lifeless body left on the kitchen tiles.

And in that moment, my life changed forever.

_____________________________

Y'all wtf lmao, idk either.

I haven't posted in weeks because I just can't execute this chapter properly. I cringe at drama like this but it's essential for the plot and the ending I want so I'm sorry for the cringe

You're all gonna hate me

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15K 501 61
When a young girl meets a young boy, who just doesn't care as much as she does. Pain and heartache are only inevitable, but there is always room for...
85.1K 2.4K 51
"Sequel of sister styles" Everyone deals with a heart break differently. Darcy styles decides a path that the boys don't think they can get her out o...
3.5K 137 36
(Sequel to Living with One Direction) One year later, and just when everything seems to be going good for Clara, until her life is thrown of it's tra...
34.4K 694 12
What happens after everything Kat and Harry have been through? {Sequel to Story Of My Life} ✓