The Zodiac ✓

Por FifthAngeI

In a world where couples are matched based on their zodiac signs, two opposite signs fall in love but must ke... Más

chapter ¹
chapter ²
chapter ³
chapter ⁴
chapter ⁵
chapter ⁶
chapter ⁷
chapter ⁸
chapter ⁹
chapter ¹⁰
chapter ¹¹
chapter ¹²
chapter ¹³
chapter ¹⁴
chapter ¹⁵
chapter ¹⁶
chapter ¹⁸
chapter ¹⁹
chapter ²⁰
chapter ²¹
chapter ²²
chapter ²³
chapter ²⁴
chapter ²⁵
chapter ²⁶
chapter ²⁷
chapter ²⁸
chapter ²⁹
chapter ³⁰
chapter ³¹
chapter ³²
chapter ³³
chapter ³⁴
chapter ³⁵
chapter ³⁶
chapter ³⁷
chapter ³⁸
chapter ³⁹
chapter ⁴⁰
bonus ⁴¹
bonus ⁴²
bonus ⁴³
bonus ⁴⁴
bonus ⁴⁵

chapter ¹⁷

1.1K 108 20
Por FifthAngeI

Leo in one word: Dicaprio

REGULUS WAS BUILT up to be this crazy, larger-than-life destination and it totally lived up to its reputation. Even though all sectors were required to wear the same uniforms, the majority of people here tried to stand out by wearing the trendiest bags or shoes and doing their hair in the wildest fashion like they had come straight from Centrum. They were basically flawless while I felt like a potato.

"Is it always like this?" I asked, referring to the jazz band playing in the hallway and some dancers doing their routine by the vending machines.

"Not really. Chorus usually practice here, too, and there's always someone playing the saxophone. It's actually a quiet day."

"This school is huge." It was so different from the chill, easygoing atmosphere back home. Before actually stepping into the school, I hadn't expected to be so intimidated because I was too excited with the fact that I'd be in a new environment. It wasn't that I hadn't travelled—me and my family always spent the break going to new places—but I was going to try new things and completely embrace a different culture.

"You'll get used to it."

I was making my way up the stairs when my foot got caught on the carpet and I nearly face-planted. Luckily, Mars had faster reflexes and caught me.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, just a little nervous." I hadn't realized that I wasn't picking my feet up high enough.

"Don't be," he squeezed my arm and the action dialed my nerves back a little, "There's nothing to be nervous about."

"Mars, over here!" A peppy cheerleader with a super high ponytail and a muscular jock donning a shiny gold jersey ambled over. I recognized them from when we got pizza that one time.

"You're not wearing your jersey, it was jersey day!" Zayn playfully punched Mars in the arm.

"I know, I forgot."

"What? You never forget game days." Fiona shook her head.

I asked, "You guys don't have to wear your uniforms?" Even in carefree Terebellum, we couldn't wear anything besides our uniforms to school. Apparently, the school was under strict rules because of a previous issue or something.

"No, the principal lets us wear whatever we want for spirit days." Zayn explained. "He wants to promote school spirit and all that crap."

Fiona put a hand on my shoulder and smiled, "Hey Char, we're having cheerleading tryouts today after school for those who missed the first deadline—you should totally join!"

Just picturing myself trying to even attempt a cartwheel made me laugh.

"I'm not really the cheerleading type."

"That's okay, you can always be the girl who holds the signs, no experience needed. I can give you a uniform and everything," she said, "Come on, it'll be fun!" She seemed so excited to have me join that I didn't want to say no.

"Okay." I blurted.

"Great!" She handed me a slip of paper with all of the info, "Tryouts are right after school on A field."

"Uh, where's that again?"

She spoke too quickly for me to actually digest the information, "When you walk out of the south entrance, it's the field next to the biggest stadium. We usually practice in one of the stadiums but the football team has an emergency practice or whatever." Fiona gave Mars a look as she talked.

"What, it's not my fault."

"Yeah, it is, you could tell Coach Vinny to let us have the field for once. Y'all are always hogging the stadium."

"We don't always hog the stadium. Besides, there wouldn't even be any cheerleading without football."

She gasped dramatically and feigned offense, "Take that back."

"We both know it's true."

Pop music started playing from the intercom and the halls flooded with students rushing to their classes. I'd have to get used to music instead of the bell.

"Let's go, guys, we don't want to be late for health class," Zayn spoke up.

"Oh, are you all in the same class?"

"Yeah, but I can show you where your first class is." Mars nodded at me and then to his friends. "Save me a seat."

"Will do, see you soon." They waved goodbye and we parted ways.

Mars and I walked down the hall. Several guys gave him a curt "what's up, Mars" while some girls wished him good luck at the game.

But almost everyone had their eyes on me. Why were they staring at me? Had they never seen a Sagittarius before?

"I'm sorry I couldn't get you into any of my classes."

"It's okay, I know you tried." Making friends was the least of my problems, I was more worried about the cheerleading tryouts I'd accidentally agreed to.

"You didn't have to say yes to Fiona, you know," he said, almost as if he'd read my mind.

"No, I wanted to do it. It sounds fun."

"Okay," he stopped infront of a doorway, "I'll try to catch you after class."

I debated on whether or not to lean in for a hug but when I noticed that his body language was closed off, I thought against it. Instead, I smiled and gave a small, awkward wave, "See you later."

Art class was up first and it wasn't something I was actually looking forward to. Everyone in the class could draw with their eyes closed while I just hid in the back so no one could see my deformed "art". Cade would be so disappointed, I bet if he saw my art he'd—

What are you doing, Char, stop thinking about him! He's miles away. I'm with Mars. I have a different life now. I'm happy.

As promised, Mars showed me to my next class, which I shared with Fiona. Except I had to sit in the corner because she was surrounded by all of her friends. And she had a lot of friends.

Fiona, Zayn, and a bunch of other people I didn't know joined Mars and I for lunch near the grills. Their food was also insanely spicy, so much that two cartons of milk weren't enough to wash it down. A lot of his friends laughed at me but not in a mean way.

When my last class finally rolled around, I had made some friends but none I'd felt particularly close enough to have had remembered their names. People here were nice enough but it seemed like everyone was friends with everyone and I was just too late. Like no one wanted me here.

I was excited to leave the school but groaned when I saw Fiona and was immediately reminded about tryouts.

"Hey, Char, where you going? The locker rooms are this way!" She threaded her arm in mine and walked downstairs. A wet, foul odor hit me like a truck and made me kind of nauseous. "So, how was your first day? Were your classes fun? Make any friends?"

"Uh, it was good. I got lost on my way to the bathroom, though."

"You'll get used to it. I'm sorry I didn't sit with you in ethics, by the way, I have too many friends." She giggled.

"That's okay,"

Once we entered the girl's locker room, she handed me a skimpy piece of clothing.

"Here, change into this. It's one of my old outfits."

"Thanks," I smiled and took the stall next to her. It took me a few minutes to undo all the knots and when I finally got in on my body, I knew this wasn't going to cut it. The v-neck was plunging dangerously low and the mini skirt barely covered my ass.

"Fiona—"

"I'll meet you outside. I have to be on the field early as captain!" She said before I could tell her.

Shit. I didn't know anybody else so I had no choice but to wear this out.

I followed Fiona's instructions and headed over to A field but when I walked onto the field, a bunch of shirtless guys started staring at me. Ignoring them, I ran back inside and stood there, not knowing where to go. So I decided to walk around and explore.

After a lot of time passed—I didn't know how long since my phone was in the locker room—I finally spotted some cheerleaders on one of the smaller fields.

Fiona crossed her arms when I ran over.

"Char, you're late!"

"I know, I'm sorry. I got lost," I tried to catch my breath, "And I thought you said A field, this is B field."

"I never said A field."

"Yeah, you did—"

She gasped and put a ruby red, perfectly manicured hand over her glossy lips. "Oh no, we changed it at the last minute and I forgot to tell you! I'm so sorry!"

Of course you did.

"Okay ladies, let's get started!" Fiona's friend shouted and all of the tryout girls circled around the squad before I could react. "We're going to start off with a quick warm-up and then move on to some conditioning and routines. Everyone ready? Good."

Fiona left my side and walked to the front, "Make three lines, arms length apart." I moved to the back line so no one could see me royally mess this up. "Let's start off with an easy routine from last year. Just follow me and try to keep up." Fiona instructed and she turned around.

At first it was pretty easy to copy her, just a few kicks and twirls, but then the music picked up to about eight beats per second and I was dying for a chance to breathe. The other girls had no trouble, which I found incredibly annoying, so I stuck out like a sore thumb. Fiona's friend even gave me the coldest of looks before whispering to another girl.

Why, oh why, did I sign up for this again? I just had to keep reminding myself that this was the first day and things would get better.

Tryouts came to an end and my legs and arms burned in pain. I texted Mars to ask where he'd parked and he replied, writing that he was in the second row.

Mars took one look at me and almost lost it.

"What the hell are you wearing?" He demanded, eyeing my way-too-short skirt and revealing neckline.

"It's Fiona's," I grimaced, "It was the only thing she had. I know it's really short—"

"You think?" He was fuming.

"I know, I'm sorry," I spoke calmly, "I didn't have anything else to wear. If it makes you feel any better, I only practiced with the cheerleaders. No one else saw me."

Mars opened his mouth, probably to yell, but then closed it. He closed his eyes and pinched his nose, his hair now flaring a vibrant Aries red.

But after a few seconds, the red hue of his hair slowly smoldered back into his natural russet brown. Had he actually learned to control his anger? I was floored.

"Okay." His voice was clipped. "I have to help my mom with something so I'll drop you off at the house first."

"When are you coming back?"

"Three hours or more, I'll make it quick."

Great. I was going to be all alone in his giant house. Never had I felt more alone.

Had I made the right decision? Would I end up regretting this for my whole life? Did the stars plan this from day one, ever since they chose Mars?

Because if they did, I might have to question the stars themselves.

Do you think Char will stay with Mars or move back to be with Cade? Also, ship name ideas?? Remember to vote and comment if you liked it, much appreciated:)

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

16.1K 258 20
Zodiac signs yay! -I'm a Pisces and my friends are Scorpio and Gemini-(random fact) Ships: Scorpio x Pisces Taurus x Virgo To be continued...
1.3K 35 30
A long time ago, there were such a things as Zodiac's in the night sky. They came every now and then, brothers and sisters. They all dreamed to be wi...
518 33 59
This book will take a further look into the signs and some cool stuff about them. Note that all the compatibility descriptions won't be the same in l...
6.7K 42 26
The Zodiacs go on adventures, make friendships, make relationships,and enemies.