Re: Who needs a prince when y...

By Mykheihei

Aside from being a typical mundane and boring adult, she had nothing going for her. Except for her vast colle... More

Chapter Two: The schemer does not want love
Chapter Three: The schemer and the target
Chapter Four: The schemer is in trouble
Chapter Five: The schemer lives for another day
Chapter Six: The schemer's embarrassment, friend and hair
Chapter Seven: The schemer MAY be sent to the guillotine
Chapter Eight: The Schemer's decision
Chapter Nine: The schemer hates shoujo
Chapter Ten: Could the schemer be a glitch?
Chapter Eleven: The Schemer has a mission
Chapter Twelve: The schemer begins
Chapter Thirteen: The Schemer is at the academy
Chapter Fourteen: The Schemer in a Dilemma
Chapter Fifteen: The Schemer's observations
Chapter Sixteen: The Schemer goes to shop
Chapter Seventeen: The Schemer, the tangerine and the wolf
Chapter Eighteen: Can a schemer have propriety?
Chapter Nineteen: The schemer, crossroads and Matrix
Chapter Twenty: The schemer on emotions and handkerchiefs
Chapter Twenty-One: Another headache for the schemer
Chapter Twenty-two: There's no such thing as omegaverse in a schemer's mark
Chapter Twenty-Three: For survival, a schemer has to make a deal
Chapter Twenty-four: The schemer as a love guru
Chapter Twenty-five: The schemer on the context of jealousy
Chapter Twenty-six: Could the schemer be in another argument?
Chapter Twenty-Seven: The schemer in manipulations and lilies
Chapter Twenty-eight: What does a schemer wear to a soiree?
Chapter Twenty-nine: The schemer should have eaten the croissant
Chapter Thirty: The schemer and the stages of being kidnapped
Chapter Thirty-one: How long before the schemer passes out?
Chapter Thirty-Two: How much is the schemer even worth anyway?
Chapter Thirty-Three: A schemer with a mage that does not lose his light
Chapter Thirty-Four: A schemer at a loss
Chapter Thirty-Five: Offering a hand to the schemer
Chapter Thirty-six: The schemer and interrupted thoughts
Chapter Thirty-Seven: The Schemer in a momentum of awkwardness
Chapter Thirty-eight: The irrationality of a schemer's environment
Chapter Thirty-nine: A schemer in causality's laws
Chapter Forty: Just a schemer in confusion

Chapter One: A schemer is born

9.9K 284 126
By Mykheihei

Ah, I finally got hold of my newest horror collection! Time to post a selfie with this to brag to the whole world that, at last, I had my hands on this beautiful specimen.

La di da~ Ooh! The lighting here inside the office is awful. Let me scoot over to the window to get an even better picture. Hmm, that's odd. I can't seem to capture a proper picture. Maybe, I have to sit down on the windowsill to get a beautiful background of the sky behind me.

Okay. I sat myself on the railing but my book slipped out of my hand and fell outside. I panicked so out of desperation, I tried to snatch it back, only to lose my balance.

So, I slipped and fell out of the window. Oh also, I died.

-

When I woke up, I was lying in the softest bed ever. Hmm. I tried to fix my eyes on the ceiling, only to be greeted by dangling stuffed animals above me. Strangely enough, the side of the bed I was lying in had some sort of railings as if it was trying to enclose me in it. I rolled over and I have just yet to realize that I could not utter an intelligible word at all.

Was this heaven? Far from what I have imagined or any of the other people's versions of paradise.

I scanned my eyes across the room and I realized that it was actually a gigantic place and everywhere I see was filled with stuffed animals and dolls. The room also had furnitures but they were all in pastel colors and had ruffles and laces all over. Did God somehow had a penchant for this? And when would I be meeting him?

Another fact that I have just discovered was that I found it hard to sit down nor stand up. Could this be hell, after all? Was my punishment to stay in this enclosed bed forever and to never touch or eat anything outside this just like the myth of Tantalus or something? I bet it must be because I could totally smell the delicious scent of chocolate chip cookies wafting in the air. Ah~ I'm hungry.

My ears peaked when I heard the sound of a door opening. I rolled back over to see where the noise came from. Ah! Maybe God or the Devil was here to judge me now. I was scared.

"Marcella~" A voice muttered.

Unlike from what I was expecting, it was neither the voice of God nor of the Devil's. The voice was feminine and sounded like an angel's. Maybe, this was truly heaven, after all! Hurrah! I may have been a good person in my life.

But wait. Who was Marcella? As far as I know, that was not my name. Maybe, the angel had someone else with her?

A beautiful face appeared in front of me and I was speechless. She had auburn hair that flowed into luscious curls. Her nose was long and her lips were a light touch of vermillion. However, what made me even more dumbfounded was the colour of her eyes. Her eyes were of indiscernible colors which kept on shifting from gray to green to blue. Honestly! What were the colors of her eyes? Were these special properties of an angel?

"Marcella," the angel said and she carried me into her arms.

Wait, what!

Did she just lift me up like I was some sort of baby? I looked at my hands and lo and behold- they were small and my fingers were like that of a toddler's! Ack! What is happening?

The angel cooed. "You have been getting heavy these days, my sweet little Marcella," she nuzzled her nose on my cheek, "I'm delighted that you are growing up healthy! Your father would be proud."

What in the- Growing up healthy? Father? By that, did she mean God? Was I growing healthy enough to be a proper angel or something? Ahhhh! Everything is so confusing.

"Ufufu," the angel smirked. Now, she looks scary. "With this lovely face of yours, how could your father even resist? I would've borne him a boy but an only girl in a family of boys is better! You shall be spoiled by your father and doted upon by your brothers. Ufufufu, and I shall be promoted as the lady of this house! Ufufufufu."

What did she mean by that? She was so scary that I could not stop myself from crying.

"AHhhhhHHH!" I yelled. I don't like this angel. She's scary!

The angel scrunched her nose. "Martinique!" She yelled.

A few seconds later, another person enetered the room. She was not as beautiful as the angel but she looked decent, neat and dainty. Ah, I want her to hold me. She looks soothing.

"Martinique, she is crying again. Hold her and make her shut up," the angel ordered.

I was still crying when my eyes met this person whose named seemed to be Martinique. The angel shoved me into her arms and I felt relieved that my loud cries eventually turned into soft sobs. This was how angels were supposed to act. Not like that mean one!

The mean angel held the side of her head. "This is giving me a headache. No matter how useful she is, I still have to train her to be the perfect daughter that she shall be. Ufufufufu."

Martinique looked symlathetic as if this was already a common occurence.

"Of course, milady."

Hmmm. I stared at Martinique and at the mean angel. My eyes also drifted across the room. Finally, I stared at my own body. It dawned on me of what was actually happening.

"Rebirth," I tried to say but because I seemed to be a baby, it came out to be,"Reutgoogoogaa," and gibberish.

Crap. This is not good! It would be better if this place was some Junji Ito setting but how could it be? Everything was so sparkly and dainty and I hate it! Ugh! This was not heaven! This is absolute hell. I don't want to be here.

I cried again.

"Heavens! Why is she crying again?" The mean angel cried out in frustration.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. Being cooped up in Martinique's arms, I could not see who it was that entered but that person must be someone that the mean angel respected as she suddenly changed her attitude and took me out of Martinique's arms. Ah! I don't want you. Go away.

"Shush now, Marcella," the mean angel said in the sweetest voice ever. "Your father is here to see you."

I was kept silent by the word 'father' and looked up to see a tall man who was, in fact and I swear I'm not lying, so devilishly handsome. My heart skipped a beat. Stop it, stupid baby heart.

"Freya," he said in a low voice. Oh, even his voice was so handsome. "Is she growing healthy?"

Freya? That must be the mean angel's name. And I guess, that is the name of my mother here.

Freya a.k.a mean angel a.k.a mother replied. "Yes, my lord. Isn't she lovely?"

The face of this handsome man crept nearer to mine and he smiled a bit. "Oh, indeed she is. She has got the same eyes as you, Freya. She will grow up as lovely and as enchanting as you."

"You flatter us, my Lord." Mother (I guess I'll just have to go with that since she is my mother here, techinically) said and blushed at his words. Ugh.

There was silence for a moment until someone entered the room too. Well, it was more than just a someone because there were many of them.

"My lord" a woman with ebony black hair muttered and bowed as she addressed the handsome man. Afterwards, she nodded at my mother. "Freya."

My mother glared at her for a moment and I was sure that they hated each other because the woman glared back.

"Christine, what seems to be the problem? And you have also brought Rosette and the boys with you," the handsome man mused. I guess, I'll have to call him father.

"Oh, nothing my lord. Is it wrong to visit the newest addition to the family? I heard that the new concubine has given birth to a lovely girl." The woman, who was apparently named Christine, replied. Is it just me or did she just emphasize the word 'concubine'?

My mother must have heard it too because I could feel her hatred seething. "Oh is that it? What a privilege it is. Tell me, Lady Christine, what is the secret to your beauty? You have been hiding wrinkles so well. I'm afraid I would like to know."

Lady Christine glared even harshly as she hid her face behind a fan.

I looked at the other visitors and found another beautiful woman and 2 young boys who both looked equally handsome. My, what a sight for the eyes.

"And Lady Rosette? You have been awfully so stuck with Lady Christine nowadays. My, the other day, I have almost mistaken you as her attendant. An honest mistake, actually," my mother continued. Dang. This woman was good. Somehow, I liked her better.

The woman called Lady Rosette just kept silent and also glared at my mother. 2-0. All points for my mom.

"Ladies, I have to take my leave now," father said and he smiled at me. "And as for you, little Marcella, I shall see you tomorrow. Goodbye."

My father excused himself.

"Isn't she cute, brother?" The younger of the two boys present exclaimed. He grinned happily. Awww, and you are cute too. He seemed to be about four years old an he had dark brown hair and blue eyes just like my father's.

The older one just smiled meekly. He also had blue eyes but his hair was blond which made him look exactly like a mini version of father. He was maybe, 6 or 7.

"Come on now, Augustus," Lady Christine said. "We have seen the little lady. It's time for us to go."

Lady Christine huffed and she marched proudly away. Augustus, the elder child, followed her. Lady Rosette took one last glance at me and harrumphed before taking the younger boy's hand and led him outside too.

Finally, it was just back to being me, mother and Martinique.

"Ugh! I hate them so much," mother gritted her teeth. She looked at me sternly. "Listen up, Marcella! When you grow up, you should be the most splendid lady there will be and you shall marry a prince! Or even the crown prince! Ufufufufu. You shall be a queen and I will be envied by many ufufufufu!"

I stared at her wide-eyed. She is even scarier than Tomie herself! Ahhhhh! Help me. I don't want to be here.

--

Author's note:

I am starting another story. Lol. Let me give this writing shiz one more shot. Fun fact, everything here, from the plot to the cover and the title was created on a whim and I did not really think it through. LMFAO. Also, excuse the typos and grammar errors first as I had no time to edit them out. Maybe I'll edit them if I would have the time. But anyway, have fun and be a schemer!

Oh, and if you don't know, Tomie is a character from a great horror manga author Junji Ito(u). She is a really creepy character that's batshit crazy and spooky, I can't even~ Blergh! She gives me the chills, that Tomie.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 4.6K 28
[Completed] Misha Hilung, a sadist and a narcissist. A working adult that works at a company and has a hobby of reading fantasy novels or playing oto...
338 37 12
My name is Min Ae-ri Shin ... Or it was that. One day as I was taking a bus home from my college as usual while playing an otome game on my phone si...
17.3K 469 29
Mitsuki Takahash is a young 19-year=old girl. She moved out from her abusive home and came to America. She finally free and living her live.....but s...
716 20 39
Just short stuff I write, mainly my fixation on the Transmigration and isekai or reincarnation genre. If it's in the first person I probably wrote it...