Harlem Nights | Dave East

By ShardaeWrites

Take a walk with one of the most feared drug dealers to ever roam the streets of New York: David Brewster. Hi... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
Epilogue

18

11.6K 432 27
By ShardaeWrites

Kim

I turned my alarm off but continued to lay in bed. I did not want to get up. Dave kept me up all night. I sighed and moved his arm from around me. He grunted and rolled over to the other side of the bed.

I walked into the bathroom and turned the shower on. I brushed my teeth while waiting for the water to heat up. Dave walked into the bathroom and stood in front of the toilet

"Damn. Don't knock or nothing." I laughed

"I had to go. I already seen what you got anyways." He shrugged

I stepped into the shower and grabbed my shower gel. I stood there a moment before I began to wash myself.

"You going to work?" Dave spoke loudly so I could hear him over the running water

"Yeah. I get off at 6 today."

"I'ma have to drop you off and pick you up today. The benz got a flat."

"Ok. That's fine."

I continued to bathe before I rinsed off and stepped out. I wrapped the towel around my body and walked into the bedroom. I pulled open the top drawer and looked for some underwear and a bra.

I dried myself and slipped on the under garments before walking back into the closet. Searching through my section, I grabbed some black jeans and a grey shirt.

"Have you seen my shoes? The cool grey Jordans." I asked Dave as I buttoned my jeans.

"Living room."

I walked into the living room and put my shoes on. I went into the kitchen and Queen was sitting at the table eating cereal.

"You're up early. Is Clarence taking you to work or you going when I leave?"

"He's taking me." She smiled

"That smile must mean ya'll are getting along good."

"I'm smiling at you." She pointed at me with her spoon

"Me? What I do?"

She cleared her throat and sat up straight before she began to moan. "Yes daddy. Right there."

"Ok! That's enough!" I laughed, cutting her off

"Couldn't even sleep. You know the other room is right there."

I shrugged. "Not my fault."

"How was it?" She spoke above a whisper

"How do you think? You heard me."

"Ya'll nasty." She shook her head

"Oh whatever. You act like you don't want to fuck Clarence. Please, I see it all over your face when you look at him."

She gasped. "I do not. We're just friends."

"Yea." I looked at her. "Ok."

"I'm serious."

"Mhmm." I walked out of the kitchen.

"You ready?" Dave came from his room

"Yep." I grabbed my bag off the couch

We left out of his apartment and went down to his car. He opened the door for me like he usually does and then got in himself. Thankfully, there wasn't a lot of traffic this morning and we arrived at my job within 20 minutes.

"I should be out here by 5:45." Dave spoke

"Ok." I nodded and leaned over the center console, pecking his lips a couple times.

"See you later mama."

I made sure I had my things and I got out, walking into the salon.

"Hey Ari." I smiled

"Hey girl. I see yo boo dropped you off today."

"Mmm." Brittany rolled her eyes and turned around in her chair

"Yea. Maci not coming today?"

"Uh uh." She shook her head. "She called out."

"Oh ok." I watched as Ari sewed the tracks onto her client's head.

It was almost time for my first client so I prepped everything I would need so I wouldn't have to search for anything.

Me and Ari talked while we worked. Brittany, on the other hand, stood there looking bored and eyeing me every so often.

Dave

I sat at my desk and searched through G's phone. I made sure Dom got it off him before his body got dumped. I scrolled through the messages and he was telling them everything. My every move. This is the exact reason why only a select few know where I lay my head at night. I came across an address for Rocko. I called Deuce and let him know my moves before I headed that way.

"Yo, Dom. I'm headed out to handle some business. You riding?"

"I'm coming too." Jay hopped up

I got in my car and typed the address in the gps. Less than 5 minutes away, perfect. I followed the directions to the house and parked across the street.

"The niggas than ran in my shit, should be in there." I pointed. "Let's go talk."

I got out and went up to the front door. The door cracked open and a dude stood there.

"I'm here for Rocko. Tell him Gio sent me cause he's a little preoccupied right now."

A few seconds later the door opened fully and we walked inside. The guy stopped at a door and turned around.

"He's inside."

I walked inside the room without knocking. "Rocko, my man, wassgood?" I smirked "You good?"

"What the fuck is this?" He looked at his workers

"Thought I'd come pay you a visit since you seem to be to so fascinated with me and what I'm doing."

"I know damn well you didn't just roll up in my shit like we cool." He snapped

"Well I'm here." I took a seat. "So what's this that I hear about you taking my shit? I thought we had an agreement. Why you trying to take me out? We had no beef." I held my arms up. "But now? Oh we have a issue. Either you can stay in your lane or you can end up like your man Gio." I smirked.

He sat up and mugged me. "You killed him?"

"Can't have no informants around me bro. You know that. I find out everything."

"Right." He nodded "How's your mother?" He smiled "She doing good?"

"How's yours? She still live on 83rd in Baltimore?"

He remained silent

"We can play this game but I'm always one up. Remember that nigga." I got up and dusted off my clothes. "Nice talking to you."

Kim

5:30 PM

"I am ready to go." I sighed as I swept the hair on the floor into a pile.

"You leaving at 6?" Ari asked

"Yes ma'am."

"Wait for me. I gotta close today at 6:30."

"Ok." I nodded

"I still want you to fix my frontal for me. The one you did earlier was bomb. Shit melted in." Ari dramatically sighed

"I got you. When you want it done?"

"You off Saturday right?"

"Yep. I can do it then. It'll have to be after 4 though."

"That's fine. I don't like getting up early anyway."

Brittany walked in holding a drink and a bag of food from McDonald's. She spoke to Ari and only looked at me.

I looked down at my phone on my lap and I had a text.

Dave 💙
I'm getting five guys, you hungry?
5:39PM

Me
Yes. I want a bacon double cheeseburger.
5:40PM

Dave 💙
Ari want something?
5:40PM

"Ari, you want something from five guys? Dave is picking me up something and he asked."

"Awww." She cooed. "I do have friends. I'll have what you usually get."

Me
She wants what I get
5:42PM

"You better be glad he's nice. I wouldn't bring your ass nothing." I joked

"You ain't shit." She laughed

"I know." I continued to clean up my station.

Once I was all done, I took the broom to the back and sat in my chair. I watched as Ari finished up her last client and begam cleaning up herself. I checked my phone again and Dave had texted me.

Dave 💙
I'm outside
6:10PM

Instead of replying I walked outside. I smiled when I saw that white range rover sitting there. I opened the passenger door and he handed my Ari's food.

"She the only one in there?"

"Shea and Maci didn't have to work today. Your boo here though."

"I know where you at."

I laughed. "I'm talking about Brittany."

He laughed loudly. "You wild. You know I don't like that girl."

"Anyway. Ari want me to stay with her since she's closing. Only 15 more minutes." I looked at my phone.

"Cool. I'll come in too." He turned the car off.

"You sure?"

He took a sip of his drink and nodded

I held Ari's food and closed the door before walking back inside.

"Here you go." I handed the bag to her.

"Wasgood lil jay." Dave spoke loudly as he walked into the shop.

"Boy please. More like that nigga is lil Ari. Fuck all that." She laughed

Dave went right to my chair and sat down. I was going to sit beside him but he pulled me onto his lap.

Ari went into the back to lock up back there before she began turning the lights off.

Dave was trying to basically rip my clothes off while we were sitting there. And it seemed like Brittany was watching his every move. She ended up being the first one out. I got up with Dave right behind me and I waited for Ari to lock the door.

"I'll text you." Ari began walking to her car. "And thanks for the food, Dave." She yelled

Dave nodded and held the car door open for me. He closed it once I was in then got in himself. I leaned over and kissed him a couple times and he tried to deepen it.

"Chill. I'm hungry." I laughed

"When we get to the crib, it's over." He laughed and pulled out of the park.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.3K 614 23
David Brewster, a New York gangsta, has always been running the streets. The streets is all he knows. Alexis Bryant, a single mother, is a local str...
184K 4.6K 69
Must Read
13.1K 726 23
Are you ready to go through changes? Sometimes in life we become stagnant. We do this when we are afraid of change. Life begins to pass us by, while...
1.5K 147 33
"Nigga, you saw I was going to park out here but you stupid enough to steal it from me, take your car and pull over because this is my park bro," I s...