My Spicy Orange [COMPLETED]

By honoureliff

CASSANDRA WHITE A neglected orphaned girl with a dark past, looking around for knight in shiny armour. An... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 9

12 3 1
By honoureliff

☝️☝️That's our Cassandra

**********

'ZAID!', I saw her drowning in the tub calling for help.

'Zasha', I tried to pull her out but something kept her restrained.

'ZAID!', she called again with teary eyes.

'Come on Zasha you can do it.'
She latched onto my hand looking at me with pleading eyes.
She needed help.

I tried to pull her out but that tub gave away and vanished into darkness with her screams.

What the hell...!!

I rubbed a hand on my face only to feel sweat.

What was that?

I cried myself to sleep after leaving his cursing self in the office.

I sighed and sat up.

My phone rang and I jumped at the sudden sound in pure silence.

Zaid calling

Huh?

'I have to go.', he said hurriedly while I heard roar of a huge crowded place in the background.

Why wha..

'Just take care of the office work and postpone all the meetings. We'll re-schedule afterwards.', he sounded busy and that's when I heard the static announcement of the airport.

Only few hours ago he was cursing at me and now he's flying away.

'Why what happened?', I asked before he could kill the line.

And there was silence, just the mix cacaphony of airport.

'Zasha.. She's in coma. I've to go.'

With that said, the line dropped and I gaped at the plain wall in front of my bed.

Ohh My God.
Let her be safe.

I sent a silent prayer and stood up to shower. My face felt sticky due to all those tears. I looked at the horrendous sight in the mirror and sighed.

Religion

I never thought of it that way.

Though I wasn't much religious but still I was Jewish. And that kept him at bay. He was a Muslim and couldn't marry a Jew.

Sighing for the hundreth time in the same day, I slipped into my baggy tshirt and jumped back in the bed, ditching the dinner again.

But still
It was just this religion that kept us apart. Other than that I knew he cared.
Amidst all the doomed thoughts, sleep invaded my empty vessel.

************
I woke up to that horrific dream again.
I hope she's okay.

I found my phone on the nightstand and dialled for Zaid.

He didn't pick up.

I huffed at his stupid ego and got out of the bed.
I got ready for the office sluggishly and reached their only to find an empty office.

I made few calls to postpone the meeting of this week and drowned myself in work.

'Hey!'
I saw Javier leaning in the doorway giving me one of his dashing smiles.
I sighed.
Why can't I like him?
Someone simple.

I smiled.

'Hi!', I said.

'Boss isn't around.', he said while gesturing towards the locked door and I imagined him, locking the door and then jerking it afterward that did nothing but led few strands falling over his forehead, nudging his chocolatey orbs.
And how much I wanted to remove those hair and finger-comb them back in their place.

I jumped at snapping of fingers and looked at Javier again.

'Penny for your thoughts!', he said and settled on my table.

What the...
I hated it.

I just hated those who sat on the table.

I glared at him and he gave me weird look.

'What's wrong with your eye?', he said and flinched back.

I ducked my head down at sudden embarrassment.

I closed my eyes and waited for him to be gone.
Please let him be gone.

I sent a small prayer and when I opened my eyes, I was alone with my work.
**********
'How is she?', I asked hurriedly.

It had been three days. He was way too ignorant to even receive my calls and I kept waking up to those horrendous dreams.

I hoped she was okay.
I just wanted to know.
Is it too much to ask for?

I comprehended whether to call Musa or not, but our last encounter was quiet sour and that's how I called Zaid for the thousandth time and he chose to bless me.

'Sleeping.', he murmured.

'Please let me come.', I said masking my sobs.

Those dreams latched hard at my fragile heart. Something was wrong I could feel it.

'Please... I want to see her.'

And that's when I decided to tell him.

'I saw her in my dream, she was crying. She was calling for you.', I told him.

'I wanna come.', I begged again.

'You can't.'

I closed my eyes and wept loudly after the line was dropped.

She was such a pure soul. I can't bring myself to witness those dreams again.
I kept tossing and my mind shifted towards Ceasar.

Drugs drowned him into a nasty world. He was five years older than me.
We used to play and bicker just like normal siblings until one day his speech slurred and he shoved me in the bath tub.

If it wasn't for mum then I would've been dead.
She came to rescue me.
Our father died when I was three. I only remembered my mum.

And then it started like a chain reaction, where he would daily beat me every night then apologize the next morning with a tear stricken face.
And then there came a night when he didn't beat me.
My glorious days came back. He stopped taking drugs and we were back to being normal again.

But these days were short lived, Until the funeral of my mom.
That night was the darkest and longest night of my life.

Ceasar was out of hands. He went out and came back with nothing but dark promises in his pockets.

I screamed and howled in pain but he was unstoppable. He kept thrusting until I felt sun rays entering through  the only window of my room.

He collapsed on top of me with his weight but I couldn't feel it.
I felt nothing.
I was life less.

'Sandy?', he banged the bathroom door.

I locked myself in th bathroom. I was afraid. Of him. Of my own brother.

'Sandy I'm sorry.', his voice croaked.

My teeth chattered. I couldn't bring myself to face him. He was a drug addict.

'Say something. You're worrying me.', he said and banged the door.

I opened the door and slapped across his face.

'How could you be worried?', I spat while grabbing his collar.

'Do you even remember what you did last night?', I asked his tear stricken face and he cried.

I pounded on his chest and he took it. He took my slaps and punches with open arms.

'I'm sorry.', he whispered and palmed my face.

'Don't touch me.', I slapped his hands away that dangled heavily by his sides.

'I don't know. I can't even help to remember it.', he said while pulling his hair.

'I'm sorry Sandy.', he begged again and cried for forgiveness.

'You can't even imagine... I was scared as hell.', I sniffed and continued. 'You hurt me.', I sobbed while leaning my back against the wall. 'You raped your own sister Ceasar', I wept loudly and he knelt before me.

'Please Sandy! Forgive me', he said while clutching my waist and resting his head against my abdomen.

I slapped his shaking shoulders and cried hard while gaping at the dried blood on the floor that laid crying on the floor.

And next morning, I received a call that shook the fu**king air out of me.

'Ceasar has died in a car accident.'

Encourage me as a writer
Please Don't forget to
VOTE
SHARE
COMMENT

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

353K 5.7K 51
หšสš ๐—” ๐—•๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐˜€ ๐—•๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜-๐—ณ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐—˜๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ฐ ๐—ฅ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฐ๐—ฒ ษžหš หšเญจเญงโ‹†๏ฝกหš โ‹† ๐—Ÿ๐—จ๐—ก๐—” ๐— ๐—ข๐—ก๐—ฅ๐—ข๐—˜ a sma...
2.7K 141 57
A profound love between two people betting against all odds, would they be able to stand together? or let the fate decide... Synopsis: Two different...
335K 14.2K 56
"I'm living the good life that everyone else wants, I'm capable of giving you two that life but I won't because you and I know that either of you don...
39.3K 781 60
Two years after breaking the heart of Zain Chadwick due to her fear of falling in love, Emma Taylor encounters him again and realizes she still wants...