Chapter 20

'Can I kiss you?', he mumbled.

I got off of the bed and headed for the bathroom.

It had been a week and his night stays were getting on my nerves now. The only decency that I was thankful for was the fact that he didn't make a move. I emerged out only to find an empty bed.

Phew he was gone.

Slipping into faded jeans and peach button down shirt, I wrapped a scarf around my head and headed for the cafe.

The day passed by in a blur. I took a bus to the bank and withdrew money. With another bumpy bus ride, I hopped in front of the car garage.

I had already chosen my car online. With some formalities and test drives done, I drove back to my apartment with a small smile tugged on my lips.

Finally.
Although it was a used one but still it was a car. And I loved it.

Parking it in the allotted area, I ran upstairs and unlocked the door only to find him pacing around the small room.

Back again...

'Where were you?', he asked with a red face and I rolled my eyes.

Dropping the car keys on the night stand, I dashed inside the kitchen and kissed the water bottle to down its content in one go.

'I'm asking you something?', he seethed behind me and I just shrugged.

Ignoring his stupid existence like a pro, I headed for the bathroom with him trailing behind me and locked the door in his face. Tit for tat.

Go away.
You're not needed.

Taking my time, I scrubbed until I felt like a baby and shrugged into some sensible clothing. A full-sleeved t-shirt with pajama. I poked my head out only to find an empty space.

Is he gone?
I checked the kitchen and sighed. He was really gone.

Phew!

After brushing my locks, I unfolded the mat and prayed Isha. Laying in the bed, my mind drifted off again to him.

He was gone.
Why did he go?

Well that's what I wanted. But still, now that I was prone to him lurking around, it felt empty.

Just when I was slipping deep in slumber, sweet warmth engulfed me and I bet I heard him chuckle.

***********

I felt something shift and saw a blurry frame heading for the bathroom. My eyes droop closed again only to be opened by some murmuring.

I saw him looking down for past 5 minutes. What was he doing?
My eyes widely opened and registered that he was praying.

What time's it?

I checked my phone and it was a little after five in the morning.

Oh its Fajr time.

Adjusting my bearings, I advanced for the bathroom and came out to witness his snores.

Wow.
Sleep had never been this easy on me. It takes me forever to sleep. After praying, I sat lightly on the bed and gazed down at his beautiful face. He was truly an epitome of male beauty.
His long lashes fanned his well crafted cheeks whereas his slightly parted lips welcomed long deep kisses.

Shaking my head, I placed his huge arm on his chest and made some space for myself. Laying with my back to him I sighed.

Why did you do that?
Why Zaid?