Still Holding On (Jenlisa)

By AestheticMina

after accepting her boyfriend's proposal to marry him, there are a lot of plans in jennie's mind : building a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue
Author's Note + New story...?
New Story Out Now!

Chapter 3

25.8K 852 881
By AestheticMina

Jennie's POV

Once Lisa left, I couldn't really decide if I wanted to slap her right in the face or let her have her way with me. After several frustrating minutes, I decided it was both. I slammed my book closed and went to go find Jin. I needed something. When I found him, he was preoccupied with a game of chess.

"Hey babe" I said sweetly once I got his attention.

"Hi baby. You okay?" He smiled.

"Yeah" I said softly. "You wanna come upstairs take a nap with me?" I asked with a sultry smile.

He grinned as soon as he recognised the look in my eyes. "Absolutely"

I waited for him to follow and then held his hand tightly as we walked towards our room. Once we were in the bedroom, I pushed him against the closed door and kissed him. He returned it eagerly. He didn't know it, but I was taking my frustration out on him. He didn't know it, but it wasn't because of him that I was this turned on.

After we were done, we lay side by side. Not once had I stopped thinking about a certain blonde girl while being with him.

"That was.. woah... what's gotten into you?" He asked with a grin.

I simply shrugged.

We laid there a few more moments until he decided to take a shower. He left soon. I buried my face in my hands and sighed heavily. This was not good. Lisa had started to make her way into everything. I couldn't stop thinking about her. I had never been attracted to anyone as much as I was attracted to her. And the worst part was that it was pure lust. I honestly couldn't stand her selfish being. She was so fucking aloof. What kind of person asks her brother's fiancé if they'd like to be "friends with benefits"? The more I thought about her, the more frustrated I became. 

I needed a distraction. So I rolled over towards the nightstand and grabbed the TV remote. As I turned it on, I noticed that some celebrity gossip show was on. When I was about to change the channel, I gasped at what I saw.

It was Lisa.

I turned the volume up to hear what the reporter was saying. Lisa looked different. I watched the footage of her getting into a car surrounded by people and cameras. She looked absolutely miserable.

"Rockstar Lalisa Manoban is in hiding after reports that tensions in her band are at an all time high. An inside source claims that the rocker cancelled the American leg of their tour after reports that Kyong-sang Choi, the lead guitarist, had an affair with her supermodel girlfriend. It's unknown at this point where Lisa is staying. The musician is no stranger to controversies. Just a few months ago, rumors swirled that she wanted to leave the band and go solo. We contacted her reps and at the time of this report, we haven't recieved any news. Stay tuned for more news after the break."

"You look like you just saw a ghost" Jin said from the bathroom door as he towel dried his hair.

"I had no idea that Lisa was THAT Lisa" I said, still in shock.

"We try to avoid speaking about that topic. She's doesn't like people treating her differently. She absolutely hates the fame. But I had no clue that you didn't know. I thought you would've figured out by now" He said, laughing.

"She looks completely different. All the leather, blue highlights in the hair, red lipstick... I didn't recognise her" I said softly.

"She's going through a lot of stuff right now Jen. Now that you understand her situation a little, maybe you should cut her some slack. She could use a friend. I bet you could prove to be a great one for her" He said as he pulled a shirt over his head.

I silently nodded.

"Oh Jennie, I forgot to tell you that Tae and I are leaving tomorrow for a business trip. Tae needs my help to manage some stuff" Jin said.

"How long are you gonna be gone?" I asked.

"A week."

"Seriously?" I asked. "A week?"

"It'll be good for you" He said. "I'm sure you'll find a way to work out your differences with Lis"

"You would think that I was marrying her" I sighed in frustration.

"Baby don't be like this please?" He said and sat beside me.

I muttered a small "okay" and gave him a forced smile.

He kissed my forehead before leaving the room.

I didn't see Lisa for the rest of the day which was probably a good thing. I spent some time with Jin and went to bed at a relatively early hour. Jin was leaving early the next morning with Taehyung so he wanted to get as much sleep as possible.

I woke up alone in the bed the next day. I went to the kitchen in my pj's to make some breakfast. I frowned when I noticed that it was a rainy day outside. After I was done with breakfast, I went to the living room. I saw her sitting there reading some newspaper.

"Morning" She grumbled without putting the paper down.

"Good morning Lisa!" I said cheerfully.

She moved the paper slightly to the side and raised an eyebrow.

"You're awfully happy today" She commented.

"Is that bad?" I asked.

I watched as she put the paper on the table and stood up.

"I've got work to do. I'll talk to you later." She said as she grabbed her bike's keys and walked out of the door.

I could soon hear the sound of her starting the bike and then leaving.

"You know, she's not usually like that. It's just that she's had a rough couple of years" I heard her mother say as she entered the room.

"So I've heard." I mumbled.

"She'll warm up to you dear. Just give her time" Carol assured me.

I smiled and soon walked back to my room. Lisa was like a damn cactus. Prickly and irritating. I sighed to myself and climbed into the shower. I could hear the thunder as it boomed loudly over head. I finished getting ready and went downstairs. The rain could be heard clearly as it pelted the roof of the house.

After a while, I found myself enjoying a game of chess with Marco. That man loved the game for sure and was pretty good at it too. When the game was over, Marco and I talked about things and I discovered that I really enjoyed his company.

Few hours later, we saw Lisa entering the house again. She was soaking wet because of the rain. She nodded her head towards her father and then went to her room. Marco smiled.

"I don't know whats going between the two of you but I can tell that there's some sort of tension. Talk to her about it. She can be difficult but she'll eventually open up to you. It's going to be hard to be a part of Jin's life if you can't get along with Lisa." He said before touching my shoulder gently and then going into his room too.

I jumped as a lightening bolt cracked across the sky. The thunder that followed was loud. I resisted the urge to go to her room. I wanted to talk to her, but I just wasn't sure what to say. Instead, I went to the den in front of the fire place and settled there. I opened up a book and read until I fell asleep.

When I woke up, I was surprised to find Lisa passed out on the floor with her back against the bottom of the couch and her head laying on the seat. She had a bottle of Jack Daniels in her lap. She was still wearing her muddy clothes. She really was beautiful. I felt an ache in my heart. I wanted so much to just wrap my arms around her and hold her close to me. I carefully got up and removed the bottle from her grasp. I pushed her pantlegs up, and untied her boots. I pulled both of the muddy boots off her feet and discarded them by the fireplace so the heat would dry them. I smiled as I looked at how worn and old the leather was. These boots have walked miles, I thought. I shook her softly in an attempt to wake her so I could get her onto the couch.

"Lisa" I said softly. "Come on, let's get you onto the couch"

She mumbled something that I couldn't understand as I helped her onto the couch. I grabbed one of the throws and covered her with it. She immediately fell back asleep. I turned out the lights and went upstairs.

The next day was still as rainy and wet as the day before. I opted to just stay inside and read. It was late afternoon by the time Lisa had come downstairs. I could tell she was hungover, but she was trying her best to be friendly.

"Thanks" She said smiling at me as she sat across from me holding some coffee.

"For?" I asked.

"For not leaving me passed out on the floor in that horribly awkward position" She chuckled. "I would be aching all over today if you hadn't come to my rescue"

I smiled. "You're welcome"

"You have a beautiful smile" She said sincerely.

I looked away, blushing a little. "Thank you"

"Look. I'm really sorry about kissing you and all that stuff I said. I was being a jerk. I have a lot happening" She said making eye contact.

"It's okay. I know" I said.

She scrunched her eyebrows together. "You know? Jin oppa told you?" She asked.

"No. The E Network did." I answered.

She rolled her eyes. "Dear Jesus"

"Do you love her?"

"Love who?" She asked with a confused expression.

"The woman who cheated on you" I said gently.

She laughed. "No. I'm more upset with the back stabbing and betrayal. We are talking about people that were supposed to be my friends. I trusted them. It's all just bullshit" She sighed.

"You seem lonely" I said.

"What makes you say that?" She asked.

"It's in your eyes. I can see it"

"What else do you see Jen?" She asked, looking directly into my eyes.

"I see the way you look at me." I answered. "It's confusing"

"Not for me, it isn't. It's simple" She said, her voice low and raspy.

"I should go..." I trailed off.

I stood up but for some reason, I couldn't bring myself to move. I could feel her as she moved closer to me.

"I love my brother Jennie, and I would never intentionally do anything to hurt him, but I don't know if I can be around you. You're all I think about. I can barely breathe whenever you're around. It's driving me insane" She whispered into my ear. "I don't know how much longer I can hold back"

I closed my eyes as I felt her arms wrap around me from behind. My skin was on fire. I leaned back against her body as I felt her lips brush against my neck.

"Lisa" I whispered. "I don't want you to hold back"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183K 4.7K 36
"𝐁𝐞𝐟𝐨đĢ𝐞 𝐈 đĨ𝐞𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐨, 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 đŦ𝐚𝐲 𝐈 đĨđ¨đ¯đž 𝐲𝐨𝐮." Kim (Y/n) A Young Man who Is Falling for His Best Friend Kim Jennie...
3.7M 102K 68
Jennie said she's 100% straight, but she's not homophobic either. It's just that she has been inlove with a guy for almost 5yrs now. But, what if one...
71.5K 1.5K 20
Lisa Manoban and Jennie Jane Kim are best friends since high school and always together like no one can separate them. But as what they always say, t...
140K 5.4K 25
For a multi-millionaire contemporary artist like Jennie, her long-time girlfriend and pianist prodigy, Park Chaeyoung, is art beyond its form. A typi...