The Bridesmaid

By softaura

His finger traces my skin, his coffee brown eyes staring deep into mine as I feel chills run down my spine. "... More

t e a s e r
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
IMPORTANT
The Bride
1 million. thank u.
the true story!!

Chapter Thirty Three

46.9K 3.1K 3.5K
By softaura

Double update! Be sure to read chapter 32 first! 

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

New years flew by and I've kept the thought of the wedding off my mind until we were only a month away. I've also managed to avoid Taehyung all through January but as everyone began finalising the plans, I had to face him often.

It was probably one of the hardest things I had to do, facing him. Looking at him planning his future with my sister. But for some reason, I remained emotionless through out, wanting to get over and done with each day as soon as possible so I pushed my feelings aside.

I barely passed him a glance, not giving him any attention. Well that was until I had to walk down the aisle. 

'Here comes the bride' began playing as I approached the altar, feeling everyone's eyes on me. I shivered with anxiety as I gripped firmly onto the flowers.

I breathed in, calming myself down and I looked before me. He stared right down at me and I feel myself enter a trance. That icy look in his eyes always had that effect on me. His brown orbs glinted, almost as though he was about to shed a tear.

My mind getting bombarded with memories of how his skin felt against mine the moment I lock my gaze with him.

I finally walked up to the brunette. As I admired him in all his beauty, it dawns on me that his eyes aren't on me anymore.

"Psst, you're supposed to stand here." The voice from beside me spoke and I turned to look at Nani. I didn't want to move. I didn't want to just be a bridesmaid.

I inhaled once more, taming my emotions as they were about to erupt. I shook my head, trying to empty out my mind as I made my way next to her.

I gulped onto the air as I watched her walk down the aisle, arms interlocked with our father as she took tiny steps towards us.

"You must be so happy for her." Nani whispered.

"Huh?" I let out dumbly, my mind not processing anything other than the fact that I wasn't the one with Taehyung.

"Your sister, you must be so happy for her."

My sister and Taehyung. It hits me harder than before and I feel my eyes sting as I lose my breath. I tried not to break, I really did.

But the moment I heard his voice, that's when all hell broke lose in my head. Aera stood in front of Taehyung and they exchanged their vows after the minister had spoken a few words. 

"Do you take Kim Taehyung as your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?" The minister spoke.

"I do." Aera said without a hesitation and my heart races. 

"Do you take Lee Aera as your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?"

And the entire ballroom went silent. I catch Taehyung passing me the quickest glance right before fixing his eyes onto Aera. Aera looked at Taehyung eagerly as he licked his lips, gulping onto the air.

A spark of hope lit up in my heart the moment he hesitates. But that fire was instantly distinguished the moment he uttered the words "I do."

I feel my world stop, the next few minutes going by in a blur as everyone moved around me, preparing for the little slideshows Taehyung's friends and family had prepared.

My head starts spinning and I knew I had to get out of the ballroom as soon as I could. I rushed down, running to the dressing room and I bump into someone, causing him to spill his drink all over himself.

"I'm so sorry." I gasped as the male simply chuckled. 

"It's okay." He said cheerily, his lips extending into a wide grin as the corners of his eyes crinkled lightly. His eyes almost vanished behind the wide smile he gave. 

"I'll pay for it, I'm so sorry." I quickly wipe my tear that had managed to escape as I looked at the red wine that had spilled onto his suit.

"It's really fine," he smiled, "woah, hey it's okay." He noticed my form as tears made its way to my eyes again. "Look," he took of the suit, his white dress shirt untouched. "See? It's fine." 

"Oh Taehyung!" Another male from beside him spoke out. I freeze the moment I hear his name. Congratulatory cheers generated around him as I see him approaching. 

"I'm sorry, excuse me." I quickly squeezed my way out as I rushed towards the dressing room. I carried my dress that was sweeping the floor to make the run to the room easier.

I got in the dressing room and looked at my bag and came to a decision to leave. I couldn't do it. I couldn't carry on the day knowing that he was Aera's. 

I looked into the mirror, wiping away the mascara that had ran down my cheeks to avoid anyone asking questions. I fixed my make up and bent over, reaching for my bag and faced the mirror once more but jumped the moment another form is visible behind me.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." Taehyung said as I turned to face him. I feel my heart ache the moment he holds my gaze. His eyes droop to my arms where he noticed me packing my things. "You're leaving?" He questioned, a look of hurt crossing his face which left me befuddled.

The only thing I could do was nod, I knew if I spoke I'd break. "Why?" He asked and I shook my head looking to the ground. I feel him come closer to me, grabbing my hand almost by instinct but instantly letting go the moment our skin comes into contact with each other.

I craned my neck up, looking at him and I feel my breath hitch.

Tears flooded his eyes as he took in a shaky breath. "Stay, please." He pleaded. The confusion within me growing by the second the moment I see his lost state. 

But I wasn't in the right state of mind to reason out so I simply shook my head even though all I wanted to do was wrap my arms around him.

"Areum, please-" and I placed my palm over his mouth hastily before he could utter another word. 

"No." I breathed out, eyes stinging in the process. "Don't ask again, please." I sniffled slightly as I observe his eyes soften. "Because if you do, I'll say yes and you know I can't do that." A stray tear finally making its way out, rolling down my cheek and dripping down my chin.

He had to know how difficult this was for me.

Taehyung remained silent, his hand travelling up my arm to my cheek where he cupped my face. I closed my eyes as I let myself melt in his warm touch, missing the way his skin felt against mine.

 His thumb caressed my cheek, wiping my tears away as his eyes searched mine longingly.

I slowly drop my arm to my side as my eyes peer up to look at him leaning in. His forehead rested on mine, the tip of his nose brushing against mine as he moved his head from left to right. A part of me breaks as I fall into him.

Without hesitation, he wrapped his arms around me, holding me close to his body and pressing my head to his heart. As I sobbed, I feel a sudden pang in my heart. I'm holding onto Aera's man.

Guilt washed over me and I tried pulling away but he doesn't budge. "Areum." He whispers and I shook my head, knowing what he was going to say. 

"Taehyung, your wife's out there." I reminded him but he gripped onto me harder.

"One minute." He said but I continued to pull away. I couldn't understand him. He went on to Aera, why was he so emotional? Confusion ate me up as I witness his sudden breakdown. 

Was he having regrets?

But no matter what, I couldn't possibly do this to Aera. This is wrong, so wrong. So I tried untangling myself from him.

"No, Areum." He gripped my waist tighter as he buried his head into the crook of my neck. "Just one more minute." He whimpered and I couldn't help but break further as I stopped fighting his hold.

My thoughts conflicted with each other, I knew I had to leave but I didn't want to. I wanted to stay in his embrace for as long as I could. 

I let the rhythmic beating of his heart calm me as our heartbeats synced with one another. He was the one for me, he had to be.

Everything about him felt so right. Everything about him mingled so well with me. His kiss, his touch, I never knew a simple touch from someone could send me over the edge. But that's just how it was with him.

My body needed him in every way, how could this man not be mine?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.8K 3.6K 75
✅ COMPLETED ✅ A story of two souls that were blessed or doomed to be together. A story of love, betrayal, pain, sadness, anger, hate, lies and illusi...
1.3M 62.2K 39
My heart ached when I saw him with the princess. She was his fiancée. The pain was unbearable. I knew all too well that I would never be in her posit...
3.3K 302 33
"Watch your tongue when you talk to my husband" - a single sentence that echoes through the realms of duty, love, and power, leaving an indelible mar...
347K 396 2
She was the only girl in my life. My best friend. She was there whenever I need her. She understands me more than me. I love her more than anyone. Sh...