The Broken Can Love Again

By itsjannat

Maya has had a rough past. From her parents dying, to being abused by her step dad, to jumping from foster ho... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
Chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17

chapter 8

963 25 6
By itsjannat

(Not fully edited)

I walk into my first period and sit in the first empty seat I find. The bell rings and everyone rushes to take their seats. I hear someone taking a seat next to me and see that it's Josh. He smirks at me and I just roll my eyes. Why does he have to sit here? He's caused enough trouble for me.

I try to ignore him most of class by concentrating really hard on what the teacher is talking about. I feel someone's hand on my thigh and I gasp. I look at Josh and he's smirking at me again. I never noticed how beautiful he is. His eyes are as blue as an ocean that I could stare at them all day. And his smile is just so perfect. Ew what am I talking about this is the guy that raped a girl. I try to shove his hand off me, but he keeps putting his hand back on my thigh. I try to tell him to stop but he won't listen.

"You know you like it." Josh whispers to me so no one else can hear while smirking.

I feel butterflies in my stomach and I try to hide my blushing cheeks. What is happening to me? I don't like this guy. I ask the teacher if I can go to the bathroom and hide in there most of class.

I go back to class when we only have five minutes left and the whole class is quietly doing their work. I sit in my seat and try to sit as far as I can from Josh.

"You guys will have a long term group project. You have to observe and watch your partner and then make a presentation about them. I expect all of you to go deeper than what just meets the eye. Your partner will be the person sitting next to you." The teacher says.

I internally slap myself in the face. This is bad, really bad. I've been trying to make things better with Nico. Working on a project with Josh isn't going to help that, especially if it's long term. Why does he have to interview me? I don't want him to find out anything about me. He'll probably go around telling people all my secrets. Nobody knows those secrets, not even Nico.

"So I guess we're partners." Josh says.

I just look st him and then start walking out of the class because the bell rang.

"Hey wait." Josh says while jogging towards me.

"What do you want?" I say sounding annoyed.

"Jeez someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today." Josh says.

I start walking away again.

"Wait."

"What?" I say getting irritated of him.

"I'm just trying to talk to you about the project jeez stop being so rude."

"Me, rude. Look who's talking." I say back.

"What have I ever done to you to make you think I'm rude." Josh says.

"You wouldn't stop putting your hand on me when I kept saying no."

"I was just trying to be funny."

"Well it wasn't." I say trying to walk away again.

"Wait." I hear him say again but I ignore him and keep on walking. He grabs my arm and pulls me towards him.

"Let go of me." I say while trying to let go of his grasp but his grip is hard.

"I'm trying to talk about the project. Can we just do that?"

"Why do you care so much about the project?"

"I'm just trying to get a good grade."

"Ya right."

"Whatever, just give me your number."

"I'm not giving you my number."

"Chill it's just for the project so I can text you."

"Oh." I say feeling dumb. I give him my number and he gives me his number.

"Bye princess." Josh says while winking at me.

Did he just call me princess? This guy keeps getting more annoying.

"What was that?"

I turn to see Nico standing next to me.

"Our teacher paired us up to work on a project." I say.

"Oh." Nico says.

"I tried changing my group but there was no one else left."

"Whatever. I just came to tell you I have practice after school today so you can probably get a ride with Jazz or Sydney."

"Ok."

----------

I start walking towards Jazz's car. I had initially asked Sydney if she could give me a ride, but she had cheer practice.

"Hey." Jazz says.

"Hi, thanks for the ride." I say.

"No problem."

Jazz puts some music on and my favorite song comes on, saakiyan club mix. It's my favorite song right now. My favorite song changes often. I start singing and dancing along with Jazz. I love having car performances, especially with my friends.

We reach the house and I'm about to walk out, but I stop.

"Do you wanna come inside for a bit?" I ask her.

"I'd love to!" Jazz says.

We walk inside and no one is home yet.

"Do you wanna watch a movie? I could make popcorn." I ask.

"Yesss I'll pick the movie!" Jazz says excitedly.

I go to make the popcorn and grab a couple snacks as well. When I get back Jazz has 3 movies set out from the whole pile.

"I can't decide. They're all really good choices. Spiderman Homecoming, Pitch Perfect, or Karate Kid?" She says.

"I've never seen any of them." I say.

"You're kidding right?" Jazz says.

I shake my head no.

"What type of child hood did you have?"

I was about to say I didn't have much of a childhood, but instead I just shrug.

"Well that just means we're having a movie marathon!" Jazz exclaims. "And we gotta watch all the Spiderman movies, Pitch Perfect movies, and Karate kid movies because I'm guessing you haven't seen any of them." Jazz says to me.

"I haven't seen any of them." I say.

"I can't believe you haven't seen any of them. Do you not like movies?"

"My parents just didn't care for movies." I lie.

"Wow. Well you're in for a long night of movies."

I sit on the couch next to her. "Which one first?"

"Spiderman because he's sexy af. Ooh and his abs are like goals."

I just laugh at that. "I doubt he's that hot."

"Girl you don't wanna get me started on this. I'm gonna prove you wrong. We are watching spiderman and you'll see how hot he is."

"Ok." I say while laughing.

We watch a couple of the Spiderman movies and I have to say Jazz was right. These movies are pretty good and spiderman is actually really sexy. Those abs tho mhnm.

The front door opens and Nico walks in.

"What are you guys doing?" He asks.

"Having a movie marathon because Mya hasn't seen like any movies." Jazz says.

"You've never seen a movie?" Nico asks.

"I've seen movies before." I say annoyedly. "I just don't watch them that often."

"Wow." Nico says. "Are you staying for dinner?" Nico asks Jazz.

"No I have to babysit my little brother tonight."

"Ok. Well, see you later." Nico says.

"Bye, we'll continue our movie marathon tomorrow." Jazz says while walking out the door.

"Bye." I say.

"I was just gonna order some pizza since my parents won't be home till late." Nico says

"Ok." I say.

"Do you want pepperoni?"

"Sure." I say.

The pizza comes within a half hour and we both devour the pizza while watching Netflix. I convinced him to watch The Kissing Booth by making him feel sorry for me about not watching any movies. Nico keeps saying how cheesy and corny this movie is, but I like it.

"I don't understand why you even like this movie. It doesn't have any action."

"It's not supposed to have action, it's a romance movie for a reason."

"Why did I even agree to watch this?"

"Because I wanted to watch it."

We continue watching the movie and Nico complains throughout most of it. Once it's over I get ready for bed. I'm about to lie down when Nico walks into my room.

"Hey I'm sorry I was acting like an ass the other day. And I'm sorry I left you in the parking lot, that was really rude of me. It's just that me and Josh have bad history and trust me when I say he really isn't a good guy." Nico says.

"It's ok. Sydney told me what happened between you guys and I'm sorry you had to go through that."

"Thanks. I know I should've probably just told you why I didn't like him instead of yelling at you, but I just don't really like talking about it."

"I get it. Everyone has stuff they don't wanna talk about."

"Ya."

Pls vote, comment, and share!
Sry this chapter was mostly dialogue.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

699K 15.2K 57
Ever since she could remember, Maya Connors has always been the smart, shy girl that sat at the back of the classroom. She tackled every task with a...
79.1K 1.4K 62
Kaden falls for his childhood friend but has a hard time showing his feelings. He has a terrible relationship with his dad, he smokes, drinks, does i...
2.2K 6 20
Trigger warning for the following: -mature content -some strong language -fighting -mentions of abuse Everything was cool. It was fine and normal...
838 20 29
One night labels Summer a cheater. ... Summer's whole life changes after a one-night mistake shatters everything she holds important. She suddenly fi...