Love... What Bullshit!!!

By Navya_Mishra

Two unknown people... Both incomplete in their own ways!!! Will they be able to complete each other?? Fill i... More

Part 1
Characters
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18:
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35:
Part 36
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
😡😡😡
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Question!
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Part 73
Part 74
Part 75
Part 76
Part 77
Part 78
Part 79
Part 80
Part 81
Part 82
Part 83
Part 84
Part 85
Part 86
Part 87
Part 88
Part 89
Part 90
Part 91
Hang in there...
Part 92
Part 93
Part 94
Part 95
Part 96
Part 97
Part 98
Part 99
Part 100
Part 101
Part 102
Part 103
Part 104
Part 105
Part 106
Thanks!
Epilogue!
There?
New Story Alert: The Fall...

Part 37

9.1K 921 107
By Navya_Mishra

Later that day, Manik parked the car in front of the Kapoor Mansion and got down the car moving towards the other side as he opened up the door for Nandini.

Nandini: Thanks...
Nandini said getting out, when Manik smiled at her shaking his head. She looked ahead towards her house and was about to move in when manik held her hand.

Manik: I hv something to ask u!

Nandini looked up at his serious tone and raised her eyes,
Nandini: What?

Manik: Umn... I... Why did u... Why did u say Yes Nandini?
He fumbled a couple of times and asked,

Nandini: Yes for what?

Manik: For this marriage!

A smile crept over Nandini's face at his question before she shook her head.
Nandini: That's not important.... The important question is, why do U think I did?

Manik sighed at her words before leaning back at the car with her right in front of him.
Manik: What do u want me to think Nandini? Sometimes u become so closed, that it gets really difficult to know what's going on in ur head. That night I said so much and u didn't say even a word and then u started ignoring me, I actually thought I lost u before u suddenly came up and agreed.... Its all so confusing.

Nandini: Nothing is confusing Manik.... U r just thinking it too much! I know one of ur major reasons was to help me get rid of this house but I want u to know one thing Manik. I hv spent 20 years of my life being associated with them and fighting for myself, and clearly I still feel if it comes to that, I can continue doing so my entire life coz even though u don't agree to me, but I still hv hope.

Manik shook his head trying to speak up when Nandini stepped closer to him placing a hand on his heart.

Nandini: I said Yes for this Manik.... For You! If there is anyone whom I hv been able to open up its u... I was the girl who didn't even trust her own self Manik, and today can close my eyes and walk on the edge of a 100 floor building, coz I Know U won't let Anything happen to me..... In all these years, there was no other person who cared enough and managed to look behind this smiling face. U did!!!! U r the most amazing friend in this entire world, and I can't find anyone better than u to spend my life with.

The day I met ur family, believe me Manik I hvn't craved for my family to this extent ever before that. And now, hving them as Mine..... What else could a girl wish for? I got everything, just bcoz some Stupid Smart Ass Guy couldn't keep his nose into his own business and decided to get into mine.

Manik chuckled at her words shaking his head when Nandini hit the side of his head.

Nandini: Now stop thinking so much and go get some sleep.

Manik smiled at it and got into the car when nandini bent down onto the window,
Nandini: I'll see u tmrw mrng, Mom msged me, she wants to take us to book the venue and finalize everything according too our choice.

Manik: So soon?
Manik raised his eyebrows at her.

Nandini: Mr. Malhotra... Usually wedding venues hv to be booked at least 2-3 months prior, but then in our case u actually hvn't given us that much time right?

Manik looked at her guiltily with a cheeky smile before his gaze moved behind her and his face hardened. Nandini looked at him confused before following his gaze and turning around to find Mr. Kapoor standing at the door, seeing off his manager.

Manik: U didn't tell me they were back!

Nandini: Umn.... They just got back today only... Anyways, I think u should go! I'll see u tmrw, okay?

Manik: Yeah... Good night!

Nandini: Good night... Drive safe.
Nandini wished him back stepping back from the car as he started the engine and roared off. She stood their until she saw the car moving out of the main door before turning around and walking back in.

Kaka: Nandini beta... Shall I get ur dinner in the room?

Nandini: No kaka thanks... I already had it! U can go to sleep.
Nandini smiled back at him and was about to move to the right corridor, leading to her room when she heard a voice behind her,

Mr. K: Was that Manik Malhotra?

Nandini rolled her eyes and turned around before smiling softly as she gave out a polite reply.
Nandini: Yes, that was Manik.

Mr. K: Where is ur own car?
Came an equally stern question again.

Nandini: I left it at office.

Mr. K: Next tym ur car goes out of order, u can call for the driver to come and pick u up!

Though his voice seemed stern, Nandini was taken aback by his sudden kind words making her smile broaden.

Nandini: Umn Thank u very much for that Mr. K! But my car was fine. I just left it there by choice.

Mr. K: Then I don't want u to take Fucking Favours from Anyone ever again.
He shouted back at her making her smile fade off immediately.

Nandini: Firstly, that wasn't any favour and secondly, why can't I?
She spat back this time tightening her fists as he replied.

Mr. K: Coz u r a Kapoor... And I don't want ppl to think that I don't care for u!

Nandini: Wow... Don't worry Mr. K!!! I won't say that to anyone, even though its the truth. But Manik actually doesn't come in that category anyway, coz he already knows kinda everything! Now if u would excuse me I would like to go, Good night.

With that she turned around and walked away getting into her room. She closed the door behind her and took a deep breadth.
Nandini: Its ohk Nandini.... Relax, Just a few days more! U won't hv to handle him again.
-------------------------------

The next day, being a weekend, Nandini decided to spend the morning in her room and wait until Manik picks her up. She was sitting there preparing some designs for some farm house renovation project when she heard a knock on the door.

Nandini: Come in!

Rishab: Presenting fresh and delicious breakfast prepared by the one and only Rishab Kapoor.....
Nandini looked up to smile broadly at him as he entered the room pushing a food trolley.

Rishab: Ohk ohk leave work there... Its my time with u for now! Come...

Nandini: Oh... Ur time! Well that's new... What happened suddenly?

Rishab: Nothing..... I just got to know u were home today, for a change, so I made this omelet and toast for u so that we could sit and talk for sometime.

Nandini smiled at him taking a seat on the couch with him as Rishab served the food. They started eating as Nandini asked him about college and stuff. They were talking when Rishab switched the topic to Fab5.

Rishab: Fab5... It's like each and every student knows them in the college. Their stories go on like epics. Space is really known bcoz of them.

Nandini: Yeah.... Aliya used to tell meet that! And honestly I m not even surprised, they r just too good.

Rishab: Yeah.... This year they are thinking to invite Fab5 for the event next month. The college is finishing it's 25 years.

Nandini: Well that's nice.

Rishab: Anyways...  Yesterday u were about to tell me something!

Nandini smiled at his question and remembered the reason.
Nandini: Umn... Yeah! I forgot... We finalled the date yesterday!

Rishab: Date?

Nandini: Yeah.... Mom called the Pandit yesterday!

Rishab: U mean the wedding date?
Rishab asked with his eyes wide while Nandini nodded at him with a smile.

Nandini: 25th Feb!

Rishab: That soon?? God Di, it's like now!

Nandini: Yeah...

Rishab: Oh my god, Congratulations Di!!
Rishab said hugging her.

Rishab: So we'll have to start the preparations soon na... I m so excited.

Nandini: Yeah we are going to book the venue today. Decide the theme and all.

Rishab: Great... For for now I hv also decided something!

As they finished eating,
Nandini: Decided what?

Rishab: That from now onwards... No matter how busy u r, or what preparations are to be done... I want at least one ur day for myself. It will be our time! I want as much of it as I can get before u get married.

Nandini's eyes moistened at his words when Rishab suddenly got serious.
Rishab: This house would turn into a hotel once u move out. It was just ur presence that made it feel like home! I don't think I would ever get that from Mom and Dad.

Nandini: They love u Rishab!
Nandini said softly as she held his hand.

Rishab: Yeah... And they hv an amazing way to show that...
He said rolling his eyes.
Rishab: Come on Di.... How long are u gonna lie to urself and to me? It is u who has been my mother more than Mom. Even being in London, u always managed to hv tym for me. It was u who attended all the important events at my school, even though u had to fly down here from another country for that.

Nandini: Rishu... I love u! And I did all that coz I wanted to, okay! Forget it all...

Rishab: Okay... Now back to the topic in hand. I want this one hour with u daily okay, In my time, I won't let u go even if Manik bhaiya wants u...
Rishab said lightening up the mood again while Nandini laughed.

Rishab: Oh crap! I just realised I should start calling him Jiju from now on...

Nandini laughed louder at that, before replying,
Nandini: U can try... I m sure his reaction is gonna be hilarious. Manik Jiju!!!

Both of them chuckled at it when Rishab's phone rang with a timer.

Rishab: I guess that's my clue to get going. The party starts in an hour, I gotta get ready.

Nandini: Oh yes.. U should go! I guess I too would leave by then.
----------------------

The entire front yard of the Kapoor Mansion was beautifully decorated for the 20th anniversary of the couple. The afternoon part was arranged in a way to use the weekend well.

The guests started pouring in, filing the garden. They comprised of the various leading businessmen, all there with their families to wish the couple.

Rishab moved around, greeting the guests along with his parents. Mr and Mrs K holding hands smiling at their kid, portraying the ideal family in front of the world.

While on the other hand, Nandini lay there in her room trying to call Manik from so long.

Nandini: Why the hell are u not picking up?
She msged him after trying to call few times.

She waited for the reply for some time before flinging her phone on the bed as she pulled the duvet over herself.

"Time to get a good nap!"

Some time later,
Rishab was standing with his father, talking to some dignified guests when his eyes fell on a couple entering the party with a young man.

He immediately excused himself from his company before walking towards the new guests.

Rishab: Good afternoon Uncle, good afternoon Aunty!! Welcome....

"Oh good afternoon Rishab!!"
Replied the lady with a broad smile as the guy walked ahead and patted Rishab's back.

"Hey Champ!"

Rishab: Hi bhaiya...
Rishab smiled broadly at him as Manik looked around the place at all the guests present.

"Mr. And Mrs. Malhotra!! Welcome...." came a voice from behind him making Rishab move aside as his parents walked ahead. Both Harsh and Nyonika smiled as Nyonika held on a beautiful bouquet of roses towards Mrs. Kapoor.

Nyonika: Hello... Congratulations for ur wedding anniversary! U look beautiful...

Mrs. K: Thank u so much.... U too Mrs. Malhotra! I love ur saree...

Mrs. K greeted her back, both of them being significantly used to all these social events. Harsh shook hands with Mr. K wishing him while Manik too wished the couple with a small polite smile.

The elders got into a small formal conversation while Manik talked to Rishab, his eyes secretly roaming around the place finding someone specific.

Nyonika noticed him and smiled secretly as she spoke up to the couple,
Nyonika: Ohh yes where is Nandini, can't see her anywhere!

The conversation stopped immediately at her words as Mrs. K smiled before replying,
Mrs. K: Ohh why are u people standing here like this.... Come have something! I'll ask the someone to get ur drinks....

Mr. K: yes sure! Hang on... Waiter!!! Serve them...

The waiter served the drinks to the three of them as Mr. K said,
Mr. K: Plz enjoy urselves... We'll just be back!

With that the couple immediately excused themselves going on to some other guests while Manik gritted his teeth as he turned towards Rishab.

Manik: Champ... Where is she?

Rishab: Umn... She...
Rishab fumbled looking down when Manik asked him again in a stern tone.

Rishab: She is probably in her room.... She was waiting for u, as u guys were going for that venue bookings, I thought she would hv left. But now that u r here, I think she must be inside only!

Manik: Why r u not telling me what I wanna know?
Manik spatted at him when Nyonika held his hand.

Nyonika: Manik... Behave.... Its not his fault, don't scare the kid.

Manik took a deep breath at his words before he looked up at Rishab again and asked softly,
Manik: Why is she not at the party Rishab? Did ur parents have another drama that I don't know of?

Rishab: They didn't talk to her.... She just wasn't invited, and they told the servants to tell her not to come.
Rishab said in a slow voice scared from Manik's reaction as he fisted his hands.

Manik: Excuse me!
With that Manik walked away from them, going directly into the house towards her room.

Nyonika looked at his retrieving figure before she sighed and turned towards Rishab.
Nyonika: Don't mind Rishab... I m sure he didn't mean to snap at u!

Rishab: Don't worry aunty... It was just his Love for her speaking up! I didn't feel bad at all.....

Manik walked towards Nandini's room as soon as she entered the house, anger seepping out of him as entered the room. But all his anger flew right out of the window as he saw Nandini sleeping peaceful with a slight smile on her face. Her face glowing from the slight sunlight entering the room through the curtain.

He moved closer towards her, watching her intently as she hugged her duvet close to herself. Taking a seat next to her on the bed, he caressed her face, moving her side bangs off her face as he saw her snuggle close into his warmth.

A smile crept onto his face at her cuteness.
Manik: Such a baby!
He whispered to himself as he sat there caressing her hair softly. He didn't even realise how much time passed and simply sat there staring at her.

Nyonika: Rishab... Can u plz show me the way to Nandini's room, manik too hasn't returned, I wanna know how she is..?

Nyonika said walking towards rishab, who simply smiled at her.
Rishab: She will definitely be fine, as long as he is in there. But sure Aunty.... This way plz!

Rishab lead her inside the house, moving straight towards Nandini's room. The two of them reached there to find the door slightly opened up, making rishab to push it further only for Nyonika to smile broadly at the scene in there. She waited for Manik to acknowledge their presence but it seemed he was too lost until she called him out.

Manik looked up at her in surprise before telling her to wait as he slowly moved away from nandini, making her more comfortable, he placed a soft kiss on her forehead and moved towards Rishab and Nyonika as the three of them moved out closing the door behind them.

Nyonika: What happened son?

Manik: Nothing... I guess she is fine! She was sleeping too peacefully and I didn't hv the heart to wake her up from that.

Nyonika smiled at his words shaking her head at the thought of how deeply her son has gone into love with her.

Nyonika: Anyways... Come! Join the party with us, let Nandini sleep.

Manik nodded at her as they walked back outside joining the rest of the party.
-----------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

268K 25.6K 47
Story of two best friends who struggle to explore their feelings for each other. Will they realise their love soon or it will be too late?
153K 7.9K 30
Manik and Nandini were in love with each other ... they were inseparable. After so many difficulties and problems they had came together but sometime...
1.1M 109K 65
****Can be read as a general fiction. If you want an arrange marriage tale with humor, emotions and love, hop in right away**** Love is supposed to b...
223K 14K 47
What's meant to be will be. Manik Malhotra. Nandini Murthy. Meant to be together? Maybe? Or with someone else? A story that revolves around everyday...